What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (12 Viewers)

So if y’all think CEH is drop worthy how are y’all valuing Pacheco?

Depends how you value a below-average starter in your lineup. For the future, I'd be treating him like a guy that ascended but gets empty yards and few touchdowns and is a seventh-round pick who could be replaced at the drop of a hat.

Nothing really too special or that valuable about him. But a grand don't come for free, you know what I'm saying? Don't dump him just to dump him. Get something of value for him. Some people are paying a first. I highly doubt you'll get that in a competent league, but you can shoot for the moon. He's really more like an early second to most, a later one to me depending on the size of your league, starting requirements, etc.

I look at him similar to Michael Carter last year. I worry they'll bring in a better back. Good rookie class. Huge group of FA RB's.
If you can get an early 2nd for him, I think that's a strong exit point. Anything over that is gravy.

I look at him similar to Michael Carter last year. I worry they'll bring in a better back. Good rookie class. Huge group of FA RB's.
If you can get an early 2nd for him, I think that's a strong exit point. Anything over that is gravy.
I would be shocked if you could get an early 2nd for him at this point. Mid-late is probably more likely and even that may be optimistic.

Edit: I’m a dummy. I misread this and thought you were talking about CEH. I’d still be surprised if Pacheco fetched an early 2nd but it’s at least more realistic.

I would be shocked if you could get an early 2nd for him at this point. Mid-late is probably more likely and even that may be optimistic.

Edit: I’m a dummy. I misread this and thought you were talking about CEH. I’d still be surprised if Pacheco fetched an early 2nd but it’s at least more realistic.
Pacheco fetched me an early first a week or two ago. That sounds about right for his value.

Henry price check?

Would like to move him in the off-season.
Tough one to deal in the off-season imo.

During the season, selling him to an obviously contending team, then I think you could get a 1st for him.

If you're selling him this off-season, I think you’d still be able to get a (late) 1st, but your target audience is probably less than half the league, and hopefully one of those top teams is a little RB needy.

Henry price check?

Would like to move him in the off-season.
Tough one to deal in the off-season imo.

During the season, selling him to an obviously contending team, then I think you could get a 1st for him.

If you're selling him this off-season, I think you’d still be able to get a (late) 1st, but your target audience is probably less than half the league, and hopefully one of those top teams is a little RB needy.
I am too looking to sell Henry in the offseason. I am hoping for a 1st as well.

Thoughts on this dynasty offer .. no PPR

Give: AJ Brown and Pollard
Get: Devante Adams and Barkley
I'd lean towards the Brown/Pollard side.
That was my thinking on it as well as Adams is getting older. Other team has offered this instead:

No PPR
Give: AJ Brown/Pollard
Get: Amon St. Brown/ Barkley

I am in the championship next week, but unsure if Henry will play. I have Henry, Chubb, CMC, AJones at RB so adding Barkley give me 5 studs. Can start 3 RB and 1 WR so I could start Barkley, Chubb, CMC, and then either Higgins or St. Brown at WR. Unsure what to do.

I would not give up AJBrown when my RBs are already so good and Pollard finally showed he can be a reliable RB threat who hopefully signs with another team next year.

Thoughts on value of CEH? Obv value is rock bottom right now but would probably take a punt that he can make something happen on a second team. Is a bye-week fill-in WR overpaying at this stage?
Droppable. Take anything you’re offered.
I'd be the one buying, I just don't want to make an initial offer that's way too much on the low side. Owner is contending (albeit is missing Fields, SF league), might pivot to getting CEH as a throw in in a bigger trade to target his first or something like that
I may have been a little hyperbolic, but I certainly won’t be buying.

I do like your idea of getting him as a toss-in, but I genuinely have low expectations for him going forward.

It would be one thing if he got Wally Pipp’d, but he lost his job long before he got hurt.

If you have the bench size to accommodate him, sure - a toss-in makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I'm basically hoping he's a cut when KC gets down to 53 next season, and catches on somewhere he can craft out a role where he's a bye week fill-in possibility. That said I was hopeful that after Hines, Henderson and Sermon moved teams they might appreciate in value. May as well try to go 0/4 :)
I can’t imagine CEH getting released by the Chiefs and landing some place better for his value - sorry but as some one that was very high on him, his ship has sailed.

Thoughts on value of CEH? Obv value is rock bottom right now but would probably take a punt that he can make something happen on a second team. Is a bye-week fill-in WR overpaying at this stage?
Droppable. Take anything you’re offered.
I'd be the one buying, I just don't want to make an initial offer that's way too much on the low side. Owner is contending (albeit is missing Fields, SF league), might pivot to getting CEH as a throw in in a bigger trade to target his first or something like that
I may have been a little hyperbolic, but I certainly won’t be buying.

I do like your idea of getting him as a toss-in, but I genuinely have low expectations for him going forward.

It would be one thing if he got Wally Pipp’d, but he lost his job long before he got hurt.

If you have the bench size to accommodate him, sure - a toss-in makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I'm basically hoping he's a cut when KC gets down to 53 next season, and catches on somewhere he can craft out a role where he's a bye week fill-in possibility. That said I was hopeful that after Hines, Henderson and Sermon moved teams they might appreciate in value. May as well try to go 0/4 :)
I can’t imagine CEH getting released by the Chiefs and landing some place better for his value - sorry but as some one that was very high on him, his ship has sailed.
Yeahhhhh…

You can’t get on the field over 30 year-old McKinnon and a 7th round rookie, I’d say the outlook is bleak.

There is a group of "stud" RB that are hitting the age of 27-28. Some were great, some were good. Curious to see people's thoughts are on them for next year.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

There is a group of "stud" RB that are hitting the age of 27-28. Some were great, some were good. Curious to see people's thoughts are on them for next year.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry - Sell
Ekeler - Hold
Chubb - Sell
Kamara - Hold
Cook - Sell
Conner Sell
Elliot - Sell
Jamaal Williams Hold
Aaron Jones -Hold

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones
I have 3 of these guys (Henry, Conner, Jones) in one Win Now FFPC league with 2 flex spots, so I can start up to 4 RBs. They are all HOLDs for me.

ETA: they’d become SELLs if my team next year goes off the rails in the first 5 weeks or so, in which case that would be a forcing factor in a rebuild.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones
I have 3 of these guys (Henry, Conner, Jones) in one Win Now FFPC league with 2 flex spots, so I can start up to 4 RBs. They are all HOLDs for me.

ETA: they’d become SELLs if my team next year goes off the rails in the first 5 weeks or so, in which case that would be a forcing factor in a rebuild.
I have 3 as well (Henry, Chubb, and AJones) and considered selling both Henry and Chubb. I also have CMC and Barkley (embarassment of riches.. I know) I finally won it all this year. Both Henry and Chubb carried me many weeks. Henry up to 29 now and would rather sell a year early than hold on too long, but considered riding him til the end if I can't get a #1 for him.

Chubb's number dipped with Watson. Does Watson improve having a whole offseason to get ready with the team? I was offered Javonte Williams and Deebo for Chubb. Williams ACL scares me but Denver has no other RBs. Deebo slots in as my 3rd WR behind ARSB and Higgins. We can start 3 RB and only need to start 1 WR in our 14 team league.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Sell
Hold
Sell
SELL!
Sell
sell
Sell
Jamaal Williams
Sell high
Aaron Jones
Hold, but maybe a sell - injuries are catching up. If he stays in Green Bay I’d probably hold.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

The problem with that equation is that of your team goes off the rails next year it will likely be because of those dudes.

Ya might wanna take the Bill Walsh philosophy here and sell a year too early rather than a year too late.

Everyone screaming "sell" but for what??? I mean, it's not always so easy.
As someone who spent the better part of a year moving all but 7 young core assets, it’s never easy - but it’s always doable.

• Don’t take less than what you can live with
• don’t be afraid to package players to get a deal done
• don’t be afraid to be perceived as “losing” a deal if it gets you the return you want
• be persistent but not pestering
• be willing to listen to your prospective trade partner to see what they really want

If I had a roster with that list of RB on it, I guarantee I could move every single one of them for players, picks, or fair value combos inside of a month in a 12-team league.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

The problem with that equation is that of your team goes off the rails next year it will likely be because of those dudes.

Ya might wanna take the Bill Walsh philosophy here and sell a year too early rather than a year too late.

I get it. But I’ve gone back to back and I’m hoping for a 3-peat with a Win Now core of:
Josh Allen, Henry, AJones, Najee, Conner, Adams, Evans, Schultz

so I get the ”better to sell a year early than a year late” stance but I’m almost in a “run these vets into the ground” state of mind to see if I can pull it off one more time. If next year starts off in the crapper, then I’d rather sell in-season to another team that‘s winning, who might pay a little extra for an old RB they hope will put them over the top, than selling “old RBs“ in the off-season when folks are dreaming of drafting young new toys. I know I’m painting with a broad brush, but you catch my drift.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

I get it. But I’ve gone back to back and I’m hoping for a 3-peat with a Win Now core of:

so I get the ”better to sell a year early than a year late” stance but I’m almost in a “run these vets into the ground” state of mind to see if I can pull it off one more time. If next year starts off in the crapper, then I’d rather sell in-season to another team that‘s winning, who might pay a little extra for an old RB they hope will put them over the top, than selling “old RBs“ in the off-season when folks are dreaming of drafting young new toys. I know I’m painting with a broad brush, but you catch my drift.
I mean, that’s a choice too.

1. Ride the horses until they drop, cash another ship & start over
2. Sell and take your chances with an influx of youth & hope to not miss a beat competitively.

I’m squarely in camp 2, but I understand that comes with risk.

But don’t pretend Camp 1 doesn’t also come with risk. You could ride those horses into the ground and *not* 3-peat.

Then they’re another year older and worth that much less in trade. Or worse, one of the old horses comes up lame & then they’re not just worth less, but worthless.

There are 2 schools of thought, but a myriad of possible outcomes.

The easy route is to stand pat, hope they stay healthy & productive so if your team isn’t getting it done you can deal them mid-season.

Obviously the risk there is they fall off a cliff or get hurt, as older RBs are wont to do.

I like the idea of cashing out before worst case scenarios happen. I did it with Mike Evans (though he’s had some moments) DHop 2 years ago (absolutely no regrets), Carson early 2021, ARob early 2021, and several other players. I also sold Brady for not a lot his last year with NEP, and that wasn’t my best move ever so it can absolutely backfire.

But more often than not, moving older players for youth & picks has worked out for me, so that’s why I prefer that option. But I won’t tell ya what to do with your team. If you believe they’ll take you to the promised land one more time, go for it. But every year it gets riskier.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones
In the end it's relative to what you get back and for sure due to past two years performance and lower volume Ekeler is the prize of the group but in general I'd try and sell every single one of them if the price is right.

ETA let me put this another way because saying to sell or hold is relative to the return. I would predict every single one of them with the exception of Kamara declines in PPG.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

2. Sell and take your chances with an influx of youth & hope to not miss a beat competitively.

But don’t pretend Camp 1 doesn’t also come with risk. You could ride those horses into the ground and *not* 3-peat.

Then they’re another year older and worth that much less in trade. Or worse, one of the old horses comes up lame & then they’re not just worth less, but worthless.

The easy route is to stand pat, hope they stay healthy & productive so if your team isn’t getting it done you can deal them mid-season.

Obviously the risk there is they fall off a cliff or get hurt, as older RBs are wont to do.

I like the idea of cashing out before worst case scenarios happen. I did it with Mike Evans (though he’s had some moments) DHop 2 years ago (absolutely no regrets), Carson early 2021, ARob early 2021, and several other players. I also sold Brady for not a lot his last year with NEP, and that wasn’t my best move ever so it can absolutely backfire.

But more often than not, moving older players for youth & picks has worked out for me, so that’s why I prefer that option. But I won’t tell ya what to do with your team. If you believe they’ll take you to the promised land one more time, go for it. But every year it gets riskier.
It’s not what I do in every league, but it’s what I’m doing in THIS league that I mentioned.

in another league, i dove into a rebuild last offseason when I realized I was going to be in the middle. I sold Tyreek for the 2022 1.02 and a 2023 1st and Zeke for a 2023 1st.

So my reason for responding to the original post in this line of questioning was to kind of show that, while most would likely say that almost all of those old dudes were “sells”, it really depends on what state your whole roster is in, which I tried to illustrate with my example.

So my reason for responding to the original post in this line of questioning was to kind of show that, while most would likely say that almost all of those old dudes were “sells”, it really depends on what state your whole roster is in, which I tried to illustrate with my example.
Like I said - I don’t disagree with this

I’m just saying it’s a calculated risk. I can see both sides.

It probably also depends on the rest of the league & how competitive it is, too. If you have an aging contender in a league with a bunch of weak teams, it increases your odds of cashing.

I don’t mind holding some or all of those players, or even buying a couple of them for less than what they woulda gone for a few years ago if it means getting one more piece to challenge for a title.

But in a vacuum, looking at that list, I’d be inclined to sell them.

I’ve got a contender team that had Elliot/Kamara/Montgomery/Jamaal Williams/McKinnon/Edwards and a few others. Season wasn’t panning out so at deadline sold …

Elliot for a ‘23 2nd and ‘24 2nd
Kamara for a ‘23 late 1st

Anyone think this is the off-season to sell Diggs? He was great this year but really fell off near the end. Also approaching the age apex. Figured as a contender I’d keep him a bit.

Does miles sanders have any future value considering he’s a free agent to be and think he’s capped in fantasy?

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones
Eh, kind of pointless to say sell on Elliot, Conner, Jamaal and to some extent Jones, Cook, & Kamara. Their trade values are already so low or declining significantly and below their potential roster value next year. Time to sell was in season, now it’s rookie fever time.

For competitive teams, I’d actually be looking to acquire on the cheap some of these names from teams looking for that last scrap of “exit value.” Henry was a great target last year for example. Generally I try not to acquire these guys outright with 1sts, I usually try to move those sleeper guys, the hot names that “may” break out but often don’t. The mid-tier WR2’s and 3’s that people get hot on sometimes and then move to the next hot name next year. Maybe add in a 2nd, maybe I get the aging RB as a second piece on a larger trade.

Does miles sanders have any future value considering he’s a free agent to be and think he’s capped in fantasy?

I hope so. I acquired Sanders with the thought that even though he's a UFA, he'll have value after this year. But with the influx of backs coming in and the FA market the way it is, one can never be sure. At all. The question is how do you think the league views his talent? If he's valued, he'll have future value. If he's viewed as JAG, then it gets a little rougher and you have to wait for opportunity to knock a bit.

Anyone think this is the off-season to sell Diggs? He was great this year but really fell off near the end. Also approaching the age apex. Figured as a contender I’d keep him a bit.

Now is the time to think about moving him...still elite but he is 29 and will be 30 in November so you are probably at that better a year early than year late spot...that being said if you are a contender that has quality youth on your current roster there is nothing wrong with riding him out as well but at the least, I would sniff around and see what you can get for him...when you dangle the big names you just never know if you are gonna get that silly offer.

Thoughts on market value of Mike Evans? I've stuck him on the block in my league, but not sure what I should be looking for in return. Is a late first about right?

I’ve got a contender team that had Elliot/Kamara/Montgomery/Jamaal Williams/McKinnon/Edwards and a few others. Season wasn’t panning out so at deadline sold …

I like both of these for you and think it's a prime example of being willing to jump 'possibly' too early instead of waiting til its too late.

Thoughts on market value of Mike Evans? I've stuck him on the block in my league, but not sure what I should be looking for in return. Is a late first about right?
I think a late 1st is probably the best you can accept. For some reason Evans hasn't commanded a ton of respect relative to the numbers he's put up IMO. Last season he went for a late 1st in one of my dynasty leagues, so that sounds about right I guess.

I don't think he has much value (compared to his talent) this offseason because most teams try to get younger in the offseason and giving up a #1 for a WR who will be 30 in August isn't something most teams are doing this time of year...also, with the potential of Brady leaving he may not even have a quality QB throwing to him which will scare Dynasty Owners even more...Evans is at the point in his career where he has a lot more value during the season when a winning team sees him as a player that can help put them over the top...my guess is your best bet moving him this offseason will be as part of a package.

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

What did you get for DHop 2 years ago out of curiosity?

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

I traded DHop before he came back from suspension this year to the Murray owner who wanted to pair him:

Gave: DHop, Aiyuk, Montgomery, Herbert, Mac Jones
Got: DHenry, Goff, Taysom Hill, 2023 2nd Round Pick (2.02 now)

Buy-Sell-Hold

Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Kamara
Cook
Conner
Elliot
Jamaal Williams
Aaron Jones

The 1.08 (which I spent on Pitts - it was during the draft) a 2022 2nd and a 2023 2nd.

I like both of these for you and think it's a prime example of being willing to jump 'possibly' too early instead of waiting til its too late.

Figured very good Rb depth this year to replenish and still stocking a lot of RBs Monty, Jamaal, McKinnon et al. Standard 0.5ppr league got Lamar at at QB and Amari/Kupp/Jefferson at WR so it’s an attempted quick re-tool

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with anyone here, but I also think it can be a viable strategy to poach a couple aging but still productive veterans every year for draft picks or the latest young flavor of the month. Draft picks are so hit and miss, more so the farther into the draft you go.
Don't think it's a bad strategy to give up a late first rounder every year for a guy that can still be productive for 2-3 years.

Not disagreeing with anyone here, but I also think it can be a viable strategy to poach a couple aging but still productive veterans every year for draft picks or the latest young flavor of the month. Draft picks are so hit and miss, more so the farther into the draft you go.
Don't think it's a bad strategy to give up a late first rounder every year for a guy that can still be productive for 2-3 years.
Agree. I did that for Henry this year. I haven't had a 1st Round Rookie Pick in I don't know how many years as that is what I usually do.

So in superflex where does purdy rank?
Hard to say - pretty highly I would imagine.

I was lucky - the orphan team I took over had Lance + Fields with Purdy on the taxi squad.

For a while that was disastrous - now it’s looking pretty sweet for 2023. I wouldn’t sell him, but if I did I would expect the offer to start with 2x firsts.

I actually mentioned that very notion in my last post above. It’s a great strategy if you’re ready to win a ship & invest picks for immediate but little future return.

I wouldn't be looking at moving Diggs unless you just got an absolute haul. Diggs is the type of receiver (great route runner) who, IMO, is less likely to start a downfall at age 30. I think he has another 3 years as an elite receiver. Has a great situation with a top QB. No real injury issues. I wouldn't be too worried about the drop off at the end of the season. Seemed more of a case of Josh Allen overthinking things and going away from Diggs than a sudden drop in ability on Diggs part. Got back on track last week.

So in superflex where does purdy rank?
.No way I would give up anything substantial given his situation and certainly not 2 firsts as someone mentioned. I wouldn’t give a late first most likely unless Lance and JG were out of the picture.

I actually mentioned that very notion in my last post above. It’s a great strategy if you’re ready to win a ship & invest picks for immediate but little future return.
I just took over an orphan in a SF league that just missed the playoffs and had the 1.05 pick.

It was really a middling team, with some good pieces but some significant holes. So what to do?

Rather than tear it down and sell off pieces for pennies on the dollar, I figured I might as well go for it and try to make it a short-term playoff team.

So I kept McCaffrey and Conner and Tyreek and Keenan Allen and JuJu and Aaron Rodgers and Tannehill to go along with Etienne and Olave.

And then traded a 2024 second for Calvin Ridley. And then traded Toney, the 1.05 and my 2024 first for Lamar Jackson and Dalvin Cook.

I don't feel great about it, but I think that was a better path than trying to tear down and still have no path to any viable QB. I should hopefully be a playoff team now.

The main problem is that there are two absolute powerhouse teams in the league. But if I can get into the playoffs, anything can happen theoretically.

So I'm probably staring at a complete tear-down in a couple years, and that will be much harder because a lot of these vets will fetch nothing in return by then.

But it is what it is. So many teams are in perpetual rebuild. I figured I could make one run at it now so I might as well.

Users who are viewing this thread