What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (4 Viewers)

Thanks for your thoughts on the Rams wide outs.  Unless Goff is the next Manning, he's not going to support 3 fantasy relevant options moving forward.  So any valuation of one of these guys is at least indirectly a statement on the other 2.  For that reason, I have a hard time putting a price tag on them.  I think I'd go: 1.08, Sammy, Kupp, Woods, but I'm not confident in that.  The Rams should do us all a favor and let Sammy walk.  
It's somewhat odd that they would trade for him and then let him walk but that's probably what they should do. It would have been better to see what he could do there with more time before the season but with woods, kupp, Everett and higbee, they don't really need him.

It's somewhat odd that they would trade for him and then let him walk but that's probably what they should do. It would have been better to see what he could do there with more time before the season but with woods, kupp, Everett and higbee, they don't really need him.
True, but no more odd than franchising a guy coming off a 70 target season.  

Thanks for your thoughts on the Rams wide outs.  Unless Goff is the next Manning, he's not going to support 3 fantasy relevant options moving forward.  So any valuation of one of these guys is at least indirectly a statement on the other 2.  For that reason, I have a hard time putting a price tag on them.  I think I'd go: 1.08, Sammy, Kupp, Woods, but I'm not confident in that.  The Rams should do us all a favor and let Sammy walk.  
There is some fuzziness involved there, too - if all three stay there, they're all worth a bit less.  If Watkins leaves, they're all worth more.  I value them somewhere in the middle.

With Norv there what are your thoughts on Funchess? I’m considering him as wr 2 non ppr TD heavy. 

I like his youth, the coach/gm seemed to commit to him as the big possession receiver. I’m worried about his health and Turners scheme. 

Thoights? 

He rejected and thought it was a raping apparently.  Offered me a counter of my obj Zeke Fournette for golladay Chris thompson and the jags.  What do you do to be polite but not silent?
:shrug:  Don't say anything I guess.

If this were 2 QB or superflex then I could see additional interest. It isn't.

Theres no way you would draft Watson with pick 1.03 so why would someone trade that pick for him?

I think Merideth is pretty decent too. Peterson is worth next to nothing, but you never know, he might still have some good games left in him.

For a QB and a Defense and pick 12? The QB and defense just because of the lack of positional scarcity are really not worth a whole lot in my view, and I do like Watson a lot. Not that much though.

Pick 3 will be a good player.

ratbast said:
With Norv there what are your thoughts on Funchess? I’m considering him as wr 2 non ppr TD heavy. 

I like his youth, the coach/gm seemed to commit to him as the big possession receiver. I’m worried about his health and Turners scheme. 

Thoights? 
Good question. Turner's offense has certainly featured/facilitated WR1 stars in the past, and Funchess has progressed bit by bit each season (and did a solid job stepping up this year when Benjamin was traded). I could see a scenario where if the Panthers don't bring in a FA veteran who profiles as a WR1 that Funchess gets a short term bump. I hesitate to think beyond short term bump because: 1) I don't think Funchess has really upped his game to that level yet (as a Panthers fan I may be little sore about him not making a play on that last deep ball against the Saints in the playoffs, but I do think there are some remaining issues with separation and making more aggressive plays on contested balls, especially consistent with his size); and 2) I wonder about Turner's effectiveness at this point in his career. Not only does he seem past his prime, but I feel he's an odd fit for Newton and perhaps, by extension, for the rest of the offense. Is he going to just Frankenstein some read option onto his existing system? For 2018 though I do think there are scenarios where Funchess gets a bump in value.

ratbast said:

Thoights? 
It seems like they're likely to stick with him as the #1 for now and address other needs if I had to guess at their offseason.  He's probably undervalued right now.

WHat's Gronk's value in PPR now?I have not gotten any bites. I'd like to move him.
At least to me, Gronk is a guy I'll never own.  He's worth a good chunk because of how dominant he is and the positional advantage he gives, but he isn't worth the headache of injuries and game plan specific production that he'll give you.  He isn't worth it to me.  Sure he might get you 20+ points at any moment but he could also easily get hurt, or not be part of the game plan as much and get you 5 or be out for the next 2 weeks.  That and his age accrued with his injuries, makes him a guy I would never buy because his owners probably want the stud price. 

Just got an interesting offer in my inbox. 

My 1.05, 1,09 and 1.10 for the 1.01. It is a large league with a lot of starting spots but that looks like a fair offer for Barkley to me.

My 1.05, 1,09 and 1.10 for the 1.01. It is a large league with a lot of starting spots but that looks like a fair offer for Barkley to me.

If your roster is stacked, I take the 1.1 to get another "stud". If your roster need loads of help, stick with the 3 dart throws. 

in offseason you cut to 16 (with a def and k) so yes but I still like the deal in that format. personally I have a significant value difference on 1.2 vs 1.5 this year. you are likely getting a top 4 rb for a middling rb (1.5) and 2 prospects that may never pan out. Depends how good you are at predicting the future, not always going to get lucky and get a kamara juju or hunt at 1.9, 1.10, more likely to get a bust

Little different though. This is a full dynasty with deep benches. Cant you only keep a small number of guys in ffpc?
I offered Aunt Jemima 3 and 7 in another FFPC league for 1.1 and also got shut down quickly and that is only one extra roster spot.

I would also highly encourage you to take the deal.

Little different though. This is a full dynasty with deep benches. Cant you only keep a small number of guys in ffpc?
No you can't. Thus making the high pick more valuable than the lower picks that are below replacement level.

If you can roster 25 or more offensive players, those later picks are worth more. Fewer options available in free agency.

Its not a bad return. Three 1st round picks in a draft that is anticipated to be fairly deep, but maybe no star players at WR.

If you think about how the value of picks appreciates during the combine and leading into the NFL draft. Having 3 of these assets gains value incrementally, while the value of the 1st overall pick is already very high.

You still won't get the same level of return, but you may be able to get more in trading those 3 picks than you could get straight up for pick one? Hard to say. Depends on what are done with the picks. If it leads to 3 solid players for one then its a good deal for you. They may see a RB at pick 5 being a very good player and not that much of a drop from Barkley. So the extra picks are useful in trades for veteran players when rookie fever is more in swing.

I think it’s pretty typical in rookie drafts for qbs to linger on the board until late 2nd or into the 3rd unless it’s rg3/luck type of phenom. I have a hard time when it gets into rd 3 and I have my choice of qbs to not take one and move it a year or two later for a higher pick. Heck in a 16 team League I moved Cody Kessler this offseason for a 5th rd pick and I had picked him off the ww really cheap and held him for a couple weeks. I’ve moved mariota (late 2) for a future 1st, rode goff this year in a league and dak the year before, used a 3rd on trubisky and he’s trending up. I realize position scarcity isn’t an issue at qb but if you have the roster space I’ve found value there. When I look at the picks around there I’ve never really been “oh man I wish I had taken” someone. Anyone else feel qb is an underrated asset?

fruity pebbles said:

Snap accept in all formats.  I'd do 1.05 and 1.09 for 1.02 easily, and now it's 1.02 and 1.10 for 1.01.  Either deal would be a no-brainer for me.

I imagine after the draft, some people will knock him down a peg or two for going to the Browns, or other bad landing spots.  He's unlikely to be put into a great situation unless he goes to the Giants, and even they are kind of a mess right now.  Tampa or Oakland seem like the best landing spots in that top10 but I would guess it takes a move up to get Barkley for them.  
Really? To me, that's the worst of the possible landing spots. The organization is mismanaged and they have no OL. Is Eli even good enough to ask how many years he has left?

Could Mularkey's exit in Tennessee impact their skill position players the way Fisher's did for the Rams?  That offense was overly cute far too often. 

After moving on from Mariota, I'm tempted to give him another shot.  I feel sick about having sold Davis for Henry recently, but am otherwise happy about the change as a Henry owner.  Sell Walker, buy everyone else?

Haley out as OC in Pittsburgh has to be somewhat concerning for Bell, Brown, JuJu owners, no? 
OC aside, I just don't see how Mariota could be worse in 2018. So by that logic alone, I think the offense has to be better. 

I would also be a little sick about that trade, but I am very interested to see how Henry performs next year. I wouldn't mind adding either of those guys, but I'd especially like to add Davis if possible.

This is a great point. If it's true that Haley and Ben didn't get along then I get that this was a necessary move. Those players are likely better off with Ben than an unknown, but losing the OC of a very, very effective offense has to be concerning. I won't be paying average market price for any of those players in trades or startups. I won't avoid them if they are available at a discount, but I do think the odds favor them taking a hit next year.

I think it’s pretty typical in rookie drafts for qbs to linger on the board until late 2nd or into the 3rd unless it’s rg3/luck type of phenom. I have a hard time when it gets into rd 3 and I have my choice of qbs to not take one and move it a year or two later for a higher pick. Heck in a 16 team League I moved Cody Kessler this offseason for a 5th rd pick and I had picked him off the ww really cheap and held him for a couple weeks. I’ve moved mariota (late 2) for a future 1st, rode goff this year in a league and dak the year before, used a 3rd on trubisky and he’s trending up. I realize position scarcity isn’t an issue at qb but if you have the roster space I’ve found value there. When I look at the picks around there I’ve never really been “oh man I wish I had taken” someone. Anyone else feel qb is an underrated asset?
You might be onto something. Mahomes is another example. But there is usually at least 1 guy that will give you some buyer's remorse. None of them are really clear for 2017, maybe Jamaal Williams or Aaron Jones, but I know Jordan Howard had a late 2nd ADP the year before. That being said, the QBs have seemed safer but with lower upside as far as trade value goes. Also depends on the leagues. It's harder to move QBs in 12 team leagues. Much harder. I'm kind of surprised they don't get drafted earlier in 16 team leagues.

Howard seemed to go early 2nd in my leagues. Williams was the guy I thought of, I think he could win the job next year. Maybe not though. My thought generally gets to the point of “do I want the 8-9th best wr or rb, or do I take te best qb?” Watson went mid 2nd last year in one league, and mahomes went as 1st qb off the board in another, and perhaps they turn into the best Fantasy qbs, but I was surprised that the guy that most nfl teams pegged as the best qb prospect (trubisky) went to me at 4.10 (draft is before nfl draft so locations are unknown). I mean, even in a 12 team League I should be able to turn him into a 3rd when someone has an injury. Maybe I miss out on a George kittle but odds are decent that 5 years from now trubisky will be playing somewhere and other 4th rounders are probably not. Or I sell a guy like dak and just use trubisky as a qbbc and get value that way. 

Could Mularkey's exit in Tennessee impact their skill position players the way Fisher's did for the Rams?  That offense was overly cute far too often. 

After moving on from Mariota, I'm tempted to give him another shot.  I feel sick about having sold Davis for Henry recently, but am otherwise happy about the change as a Henry owner.  Sell Walker, buy everyone else?

Haley out as OC in Pittsburgh has to be somewhat concerning for Bell, Brown, JuJu owners, no? 
I think there could be concern for Henry if Vrabel hires Day like this article suggests. If Day runs a Chip Kelly offense, doesn’t the RB have to be a good pass catcher?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/01/21/titans-coach-mike-vrabel-targeting-chip-kellys-former-qb-offensive-coordinator/1051881001/

Can we discuss the Packers backfield a minute?  Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams seemed to show pretty well when given opportunity, one was a 4th round pick, the other a 5th round pick (not much difference), and they have comparable roles so who is the guy to own?  I can imagine it being pretty split when it comes to their outlook.  Not to mention Ty Monty who has improved as a runner and is a very good pass catcher too.  Whose backfield is it and what would you pay for each guy?  

Personally I think Jamaal Williams is better suited for it, but it's hard to ignore what Jones did in his opportunity.  I'd pay a mid-early 2nd for him because I liked him coming out college.  And if I got him, I'd probably pay another mid 2nd for Jones to hedge.  I wouldn't acquire Jones in the hopes of getting Williams though.  

Boone22 said:
I think there could be concern for Henry if Vrabel hires Day like this article suggests. If Day runs a Chip Kelly offense, doesn’t the RB have to be a good pass catcher?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/01/21/titans-coach-mike-vrabel-targeting-chip-kellys-former-qb-offensive-coordinator/1051881001/
First of all, who said Henry is a bad pass catcher? IMO he's pretty underrated there, and he is rated pretty high by FO: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb

Second, if you look at who Chip signed to play RB, I don't think there's a big correlation there. The guys he targeted were Gore, Mathews, and Murray. Oh, and he traded for Sproles too but I'll ignore that and focus on the other three. All can catch but none are great pass catchers.

What kind of juice should it take to move up from 1.10 to 1.04?

I would say another pick in that range
I would tend to agree this answer.

I've been mulling over exact question since yesterday when someone asked me if I'd be open to moving Kupp and 1.10 for 1.4  I was trying to gauge what I felt was equitable to pay to move up from 10 to 4 and came to conclusion that right now something like another late first made seemed adequate.

I've been mulling over exact question since yesterday when someone asked me if I'd be open to moving Kupp and 1.10 for 1.4  I was trying to gauge what I felt was equitable to pay to move up from 10 to 4 and came to conclusion that right now something like another late first made seemed adequate.
That seems like a fair offer and id prolly lean towards the 1.04 personally.

What kind of juice should it take to move up from 1.10 to 1.04?
I own the 1.13 & 1.14 in a deep bench dynasty PPR & I won this year. Been thinking about trying to move up to the mid 1st, but not sure it's worth it since we also have a developmental squad so most of the top rookies coming out are already spoken for.

I agree.  I think the 1.04 is going to be a sweet spot this year.  You have Barkley and Guice likely going 1-2, regardless of landing spot.  Then there are maybe up to 8 guys (Chubb, Michel, Jones II, Penny, Sutton, Washington, Ridley, Kirk) that I could see in the mix for 1.03, depending on combine results and landing spots.  A couple of those guys value will soar and a couple will tank so the 1.04 is a prime spot IMO.  

Where would you value Kupp in a start-up?  Late 5th/early 6th?
Sounds about right which I'm basing on fact in last few years drafts that I've noticed I'm typically seeing 10-12 rookies off the board in round 5 area and that seems like ballpark for Kupp's value.

Just got a less than exciting trade offer.

Zealots Field (PPR)

I was offered the 1.11 and Bilal Powell for Christian McCaffery.

Instant "um...NO" on this one.
What would it take to get McCaffrey from you then?  I offered the 1.05 straight up and haven't heard back yet, but he showed pretty well during season even as a runner (not great but not horrid either).  I guess it depends on how excited you are for the RB group coming out but what pick would it take to get him?  

What would it take to get McCaffrey from you then?  I offered the 1.05 straight up and haven't heard back yet, but he showed pretty well during season even as a runner (not great but not horrid either).  I guess it depends on how excited you are for the RB group coming out but what pick would it take to get him?  
McCaffrey is money in the bank in a PPR league. I'm not sure I'd take the 1.2 for him.

I offered McCaffrey for Mixon straight up yesterday and got turned down so fast I wondered if I really made the offer.  Had to check to make sure.

In terms of draft picks in a PPR this is how I'd view McCaffrey.

I'd take picks 1-3 for him no question. If I got a RB need I keep him for anything less then pick 3, for now. If I don't have a RB need I'd take pick 4 for him. I'm probably holding until the draft shakes out for anything less than pick 4 right now.

I like to flip QBs. I think there are typically always a couple to a few owners that really want QBs and will pay (something) for them. I got Wentz as a throw in on a bigger deal last offseason. Then later I flipped Brady and Fitzgerald for a 2018 1st in the same league. Turned out to be 1.08 - not terrible and made possible by dealing for a cheap QB with upside (that hit).

I grabbed Bridgewater and Garappolo for free almost everywhere this year. If they pan out I can likely flip them (or someone like Brady on my roster) for something or add them to an offer to get another actual blue chip stud RB, WR and or high rookie pick.

I offered McCaffrey for Mixon straight up yesterday and got turned down so fast I wondered if I really made the offer.  Had to check to make sure.

In terms of draft picks in a PPR this is how I'd view McCaffrey.

I'd take picks 1-3 for him no question. If I got a RB need I keep him for anything less then pick 3, for now. If I don't have a RB need I'd take pick 4 for him. I'm probably holding until the draft shakes out for anything less than pick 4 right now.
I think this is close but to me MCcaffrey has proven his ppr value. I would take 1.2 for him but I would not accept 1.3. Barkley and Guice are the only guys  that will obviously be better to me, the rest there is at least a question

Users who are viewing this thread