What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (18 Viewers)

So the rest of the roster gets a combined thousand yards? I don’t like Eli but the spot is too bad for him to be worse than qb10.
Last year, the entire roster other than Engram and Beckham had 2656/11. But Beckham missed 12 games, Engram missed 1 game, and Barkley was in college. I could see 1656/9 shifting to the big 3, though I agree that extreme is unlikely. I was just illustrating a possible scenario.

I don't know what your last sentence means here. If you are saying Eli will be no worse than QB10 this season, I disagree. He was QB10 in both 2014 and 2015, when he had 4400+/30+. I don't see him as a lock for those totals this year even if Barkley, ODB, and Engram all stay healthy and play well.

I don't know what your last sentence means here. If you are saying Eli will be no worse than QB10 this season, I disagree. He was QB10 in both 2014 and 2015, when he had 4400+/30+. I don't see him as a lock for those totals this year even if Barkley, ODB, and Engram all stay healthy and play well.
Well I do. As long as the skilled players stay healthy he’ll put up top 10 numbers. Won’t be top 5 but low top 10 is a good bet.

And for the get off my lawn crowd, it relates to dynasty because you can get him for almost nothing if you are hurting at qb. I don’t see people saying we can’t talk about Fitzgerald so let’s stay on track.

According to the value charts the value is closer to 2 Parker's.   Engram is worth 15 in the July Dan Hindery article and Parker is 7.  Engram's value is more in line with Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, and DJ Moore.

Of those I'd rather have Watkins or Davis.
I think it is very rare that you will find an experienced owner who would trade two 7’s (or even two 8’s) for a 15.  The 15 offers far more value by virtue of needing half the roster space to hold the value.  Whether it’s one starter producing 15 with another spot to accumulate points, or one prospect with room for another flyer who might explode into a 15 himself, the value of the roster space is often overlooked in threads like this, but weighs very heavily in the real world...

I don't know about Callaway, but this Gordon noise is certainly going to keep Coleman in Cleveland. I had a crazy dream he'd get traded to Dallas.

Because even though my post was more focused on Eli, it should raise the question of those other 3 player's values as well, in dynasty.  If Eli is garbage then how could these other 3 be so highly valued? It just seems like a major disconnect in FF right now.

I find it unlikely Eli throws 10 TDs to ODB and 8 to Engram but only 4 to other players combined. If he throws for 4000, I'd project something closer to 30 TDs. But I concede the point that maybe these guys could have solid seasons and Eli has a middle of the road season. I just think it's strange when everyone seems to think he is garbage. 
This is why Davis Webb will be on my taxi squad. 

jtd13 said:
If this Gordon smoke ends up being a fire, where does that put Antonio Callaway's value?
still very speculative imo, until he has been out of trouble for awhile. I would rather have Gordon in any scenario where he isnt banned again for sure

What are everyone's thoughts on Jordy Nelson?  According to depth chart right now, he's the #2.  He didn't look so great last year but it was Hundley, and Jordy's connection to what Rodgers thinks is just surreal so maybe that's the only reason he bombed last year.  Carr was once an MVP candidate and it's not like Amari is a huge target hog, plus I don't view ANY of their RB's as threats to catches.  Is he worth keeping?  

I'm debating cutting him and just keeping youth on my roster with these guys:  Antonio Callaway, Daesean Hamilton, Keelan Cole, Chad Williams as my bench.  

What are everyone's thoughts on Jordy Nelson?  According to depth chart right now, he's the #2.  He didn't look so great last year but it was Hundley, and Jordy's connection to what Rodgers thinks is just surreal so maybe that's the only reason he bombed last year.  Carr was once an MVP candidate and it's not like Amari is a huge target hog, plus I don't view ANY of their RB's as threats to catches.  Is he worth keeping?  

I'm debating cutting him and just keeping youth on my roster with these guys:  Antonio Callaway, Daesean Hamilton, Keelan Cole, Chad Williams as my bench.  
I have him rostered in two leagues and while I'm hoping for a some small bounce back, I'm not expecting great things. I think he could see enough targets and change his games enough to be a useful WR3 perhaps. While he's not the raw talent of Larry Fitzgerald he'd be wise to model his game on how LF reimagined himself into a slot/possession type of WR that relies on smarts and strength to get open and haul in receptions.

I do think Dereck Carr bounces back after a poor season and the passing game as a whole should be effective.

I can't see cutting him - have you tried shopping him around. I think there must be some believers left that would pay at least a future 3rd.

I have him rostered in two leagues and while I'm hoping for a some small bounce back, I'm not expecting great things. I think he could see enough targets and change his games enough to be a useful WR3 perhaps. While he's not the raw talent of Larry Fitzgerald he'd be wise to model his game on how LF reimagined himself into a slot/possession type of WR that relies on smarts and strength to get open and haul in receptions.

I do think Derek Carr bounces back after a poor season and the passing game as a whole should be effective.

I can't see cutting him - have you tried shopping him around. I think there must be some believers left that would pay at least a future 3rd.
Agreed. Should be able to get a 3rd. I’m not expecting much and wouldn’t buy but have to believe someone would. 

What draft pick value do people put on Jimmy G for a 1 QB league 12 teamer? 

Trying to trade for him in my league and the only thing I have to offer is lots of draft picks. I have several potential high end 1s, one low end 1, and 2 potential high end 2s. 

I don't want to offer something offensively terrible, or even screw my buddy out on as his owner is a close friend of mine, but just trying to figure out what a fair deal is. QBs seem to be kind of worthless in a 12 team 1 QB league, so I might be better off not even offering anything, but thought I'd check on value in here first 

Dr. Dan said:

Trying to trade for him in my league and the only thing I have to offer is lots of draft picks. I have several potential high end 1s, one low end 1, and 2 potential high end 2s. 

I don't want to offer something offensively terrible, or even screw my buddy out on as his owner is a close friend of mine, but just trying to figure out what a fair deal is. QBs seem to be kind of worthless in a 12 team 1 QB league, so I might be better off not even offering anything, but thought I'd check on value in here first 
A 2nd rounder tops

Dr. Dan said:

High end 2nd imo.

Garoppolo is tricky.  I feel like sellers want a first, and buyers only want to pay a 2nd. 

I think the market has settled on a 1st for the most part but I think that's probably a bit much for him even though I love the talent.  He just doesn't have those middle of the road rushing numbers like Luck and Rodgers have to really push them into that top tier.  With essentially no rushing stats he basically has to be Brady/Peyton to be a top 3 fantasy QB and I don't think it's likely he ends up on that level.

I think a realistic upside for him is Matt Stafford, with the rare top 5 season alongside a bunch of seasons in the 6-10 range for fantasy points.  Now a 26 year old version of Stafford certainly has some value, but again I think we're talking upside here and there is still a big risk that he's another one of those QBs that flashes early but defenses eventually figure out.

In a league where I had him alongside Wentz/Luck this offseason I traded away JG+2.01 for 2019 1st + 2.06 and I was happy with that return, and that was before any good news came out about Luck/Wentz's recoveries.

It's sort of weird how the dynasty guys value him so highly but not-so-much in redraft.
Could be age based in Dyno, IF he were to end up being elite, he would ideally be elite for like 8 more years. In redraft, 1 qb leagues, its just too easy to stream Id imagine, compared to what his cost would be vs getting like 2 of Ryan and Dalton or something along those lines

Could be age based in Dyno, IF he were to end up being elite, he would ideally be elite for like 8 more years. In redraft, 1 qb leagues, its just too easy to stream Id imagine, compared to what his cost would be vs getting like 2 of Ryan and Dalton or something along those lines
yeah, idk. maybe just me, but I don't see a difference between 30 yo stafford or dalton and 26 yo garoppolo, with respect to age at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, idk. maybe just me, but I don't see a difference between 30 yo stafford or dalton and 26 yo garoppolo
Well for dyno, i could see the appeal of a younger version of stafford if it wasnt cost prohibitive. I think Dalton sucks personally, and is not of the caliber of either of the other two. But is totally streamable and a good match up based start in some cases. He does get to play Cle 2x a year.

I think stafford is the guy to own right now in most cases. He will be cheaper than JG, and has proven to be a solid FF QB, even if sometimes it was just volume based.

Price check on Crowder?  Seems you either love or hate him?

Also Jeffrey?  not a good time to sell with him on the pup? any buyers?

I didn't make the offer, but I was told in negotiations earlier this year that the Barkley owner wouldn't take Evans and Hunt together. He said he is an Evans fan, too. IDK. He offered me David Johnson for Hunt last year and I turned him down. This was after DJ was hurt, and I didn't think I could survive the season without Hunt. It's a best ball elimination league. We started with 24 teams and are at 20 now. 2 copies of each player. Anyway I would have been eliminated if I'd made that deal. I was strong everywhere except RB, though I like my backfield much better now. Anyway, this Barkley owner apparently likes Hunt and Evans a lot but said that wouldn't be enough. So add that to the annals of Barkley rookie hype values. I was not able to acquire a single share of him anywhere. 

Thoughts on the value of likely future NFL starting QBs in a Superflex league?

Specifically, thinking about Bridgewater and Brissett.  They'd be relatively worthless in a start 1 QB league, but I'm of the opinion that both are very likely to find their way into a starting role and can be a solid #2 QB.  Assuming he's healthy, Bridgewater maybe early this year, maybe via a trade, or maybe next year.  And Brissett I believe is signed through 2019, but if Luck proves to be healthy, the Colts will almost have to cash in on him before then.  As a 22 year old, he did well for the Colts last year considering he didn't even land there until right before the season.

Any thoughts or recent deals involving guys like them in a Superflex league?

I didn't make the offer, but I was told in negotiations earlier this year that the Barkley owner wouldn't take Evans and Hunt together. He said he is an Evans fan, too. IDK. He offered me David Johnson for Hunt last year and I turned him down. This was after DJ was hurt, and I didn't think I could survive the season without Hunt. It's a best ball elimination league. We started with 24 teams and are at 20 now. 2 copies of each player. Anyway I would have been eliminated if I'd made that deal. I was strong everywhere except RB, though I like my backfield much better now. Anyway, this Barkley owner apparently likes Hunt and Evans a lot but said that wouldn't be enough. So add that to the annals of Barkley rookie hype values. I was not able to acquire a single share of him anywhere. 
Not that you asked, but I would take Evans and Hunt for SB.

While I love SB as a prospect, he is overvalued. 

It's sort of weird how the dynasty guys value him so highly but not-so-much in redraft.

cloppbeast said:
yeah, idk. maybe just me, but I don't see a difference between 30 yo stafford or dalton and 26 yo garoppolo, with respect to age at least.
It's not just the age.  It's the age plus the unknown ceiling.  What if JG is the next 400 point QB?  We know what Stafford is, he's a low-mid QB1 and he's not giving you a positional advantage.  JG could, he's even given a peek at it.  It's unlikely he can sustain it, but we know Stafford can't.

It's not just the age.  It's the age plus the unknown ceiling.  What if JG is the next 400 point QB?  We know what Stafford is, he's a low-mid QB1 and he's not giving you a positional advantage.  JG could, he's even given a peek at it.  It's unlikely he can sustain it, but we know Stafford can't.
That's the optimists point of view for JG. A realist will notice an unknown floor accompanies an unknown cieling. Playing the odds, the chances he is Joe Flacco or Eli Manning are better than he's Aaron Rodgers.

For Stafford, we know his floor but we may not have seen his ceiling yet (besides his first full season). Many quarterbacks don't put up their best stats until around 30, ie Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees. And if Stafford is what he is, then fine. You could do worse. 

This is a case of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Price check on McKinnon in PPR. I imagine he has a wide price range. What's his value wrt rookie picks? Generic future first, or the 1.6 this year? 

What about wrt other running backs? I offered him and a future third for Howard and was rejected, no counter. I hope I didn't insult my league-mate. 

Price check on McKinnon in PPR. I imagine he has a wide price range. What's his value wrt rookie picks? Generic future first, or the 1.6 this year? 

What about wrt other running backs? I offered him and a future third for Howard and was rejected, no counter. I hope I didn't insult my league-mate. 
I paid a 1.6 for him a couple months ago. I'm a believer. I had a couple other early picks and decided to spend one of them on a non-rookie. I've taken him in the mid 2nd in a couple of redrafts. Just find an owner like me, I guess.  But there are a ton of people that are down on him, so I'm sure the value to them is much, much lower.  

Barkely - Offered OBJ/L. Miller/1.12 - denied
I don't really value L. Miller at all.  He doesn't have much trade value at all despite where some rankings have him.  Most i've seen him go for in real trades is a mid/late 2nd.

Much prefer Barkley to OBJ and 1.12 doesn't bridge the gap.

Users who are viewing this thread