What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Eagles at Chiefs on Monday Night Football*** (-2.5, 45.5) 8:15 - Super Bowl LVII Rematch (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the SB last year and the two Commanders games this year, Bienemy seems to understand how to exploit the vulnerabilities of the Eagles' defense. The question is, does Nagy? Or will Reid take the reins himself against his old team?

I really think The Eagles are the better team RIGHT NOW.
But The Chiefs are at home and Andy Reid has been very,very,very good off of a bye in his career.
I don't think The Chiefs will run the ball with any consistency so it could be up to Patrick to have a big game,he's capable,he's due.
I think both teams will want to limit the other's offensive plays,so both may play keep away and look for time consuming drives.
Should be a great finale for week 11 with a ton of fantasy players involved.
Here's to an entertaining,fun,injury free contest...

Defending Super Bowl Champions- 30
Wanna Be Super Bowl Champions- 27

Weather looks to be not great for a passing attack or a pass rush really. Eagles need to have a run first game plan, but I have been saying that all season and can't seem to be willing this to happen.

I think the Chiefs get us in KC in all honesty. Will be a close game, but I think Patty runs a few back breaker out of the pocket scrambles and/or some backyard style football to put us out late.

Chiefs 24
Eagles 21

Weather looks to be not great for a passing attack or a pass rush really. Eagles need to have a run first game plan, but I have been saying that all season and can't seem to be willing this to happen.

I think the Chiefs get us in KC in all honesty. Will be a close game, but I think Patty runs a few back breaker out of the pocket scrambles and/or some backyard style football to put us out late.

Chiefs 24
Eagles 21
Mostly cloudy 40 degrees is what I'm seeing. 40% chance rain early.

If it’s a shootout- my money is on KC. I think it plays in their favor to have a high-scoring, passing game.

Their Offense, coming off a bye week, against Philly’s secondary is just a better match up than Philly’s Offensr against a quietly much improved KC secondary.

Philly’s game plan, if they’re gonna win, is establish the run game and control the clock. Keep Maholmes off the field, hope for some 3 and outs or Turnovers, and get Swift back on track running with Jurgens back in the line up.

Read that Andy Reid has NEVER lost during a Chiefs/Eagles game??? 7-0 in games between those teams all time.

tough call. I've been correct on every Philly game this year (where I've made a prediction....I didn't make one against the Jets, just didn't have a good feeling on it at all)

I think this might actually mean more for the Eagles then it does for KC. They have a BRUTAL stretch starting here with KC off a bye, SF and Seattle off TNF games, Dallas on the road, Buffalo. They can't afford to lose more then 2 of these next 5 if one is to Dallas, 3 if they beat Dallas. I think the team will be just as focused and ready as Andy will have the KC team.
I know we all expect a track meet but I think we're gonna be surprised by a lower scoring well played game that comes down to the final possession. Not a lot of confidence in it, but gonna call it to Philly 24-20

Last edited:
I am as big a Mahomes fan as the world has. Absolutely amazing talent. What he is able to do with the guys he currently has running routes is crazy. Having said that, sure feels like an Eagles win this week.

9-0 So far this season on the prediction front (had NYJ game as a loss, albeit when Rodgers was still alive). This KC game was the next loss on my prediction sheet. I'm way less concerned as I was before the season. Their offense doesn't seem to be clicking like it usually does, but their defense looks to be better.

I don't know how the team feels, but as a fan this is a must-win catharsis game. Super Bowl memories, Andy Reid undefeated against the Birds during his KC tenure, even the whole "Andy Reid after the bye is unstoppable" bs. The pragmatist in me says this is an AFC game that has less of an impact on our seeding than the next few against SF and especially in Dallas. A loss here would not be good, but it could definitely be worse. The fan in me says we HAVE to beat these ****ing guys.

The winner of this game is the favorite to win it all and the winning QB is the clear favorite to win MVP.

Concern about the Dallas Goedert impact on pass game and the run game; but they have to get the run game going and continue it all four quarters-that includes Jalen. This will be the week we see if the Cam Jurgens absence really made a difference.

I'm going to rescind my pre-season prediction of a loss, because **** IT! We have to beat the ****ing guys!!

Eagles win by a nose 34-31

9-0 So far this season on the prediction front (had NYJ game as a loss, albeit when Rodgers was still alive). This KC game was the next loss on my prediction sheet. I'm way less concerned as I was before the season. Their offense doesn't seem to be clicking like it usually does, but their defense looks to be better.

I don't know how the team feels, but as a fan this is a must-win catharsis game. Super Bowl memories, Andy Reid undefeated against the Birds during his KC tenure, even the whole "Andy Reid after the bye is unstoppable" bs. The pragmatist in me says this is an AFC game that has less of an impact on our seeding than the next few against SF and especially in Dallas. A loss here would not be good, but it could definitely be worse. The fan in me says we HAVE to beat these ****ing guys.

The winner of this game is the favorite to win it all and the winning QB is the clear favorite to win MVP.

Concern about the Dallas Goedert impact on pass game and the run game; but they have to get the run game going and continue it all four quarters-that includes Jalen. This will be the week we see if the Cam Jurgens absence really made a difference.

I'm going to rescind my pre-season prediction of a loss, because **** IT! We have to beat the ****ing guys!!

Eagles win by a nose 34-31
I like the prediction with a slightly lower score total.
Eagles 24-20, the KC defense is pretty good, Spags is having one of his best seasons as DC for KC, Bienemy seems to be missed this far.

I think the Eagles are roughly the same team they were last year, I think KC is not as good. I think Jalen Hurts has another big game as the OL is now back to full health. I think AJ Brown stays continuing his monster season, and I think we keep asking ourselves why didn't KC try harder to get another offensive weapon.

Eagles and the under.

I kept saying this time last year the Chiefs weren’t all that good. Yet they somehow win the Super Bowl in a rebuild year.
This is the year where it just doesn’t feel quite right, despite the success last year.

This offense ain’t right - to me the Chiefs (Mahomes and Kelce for sure) celebrated during the offseason in a way they couldn’t when they won the earlier Super Bowl during that Covid spring. Which is fine. They earned it.

But Philly is looking for revenge here and want to make a statement. I don’t think this game is close to be honest. Something like:

Philly 34 - Chiefs 17

I hope I am wrong but don’t think so.

I kept saying this time last year the Chiefs weren’t all that good. Yet they somehow win the Super Bowl in a rebuild year.
This is the year where it just doesn’t feel quite right, despite the success last year.

This offense ain’t right - to me the Chiefs (Mahomes and Kelce for sure) celebrated during the offseason in a way they couldn’t when they won the earlier Super Bowl during that Covid spring. Which is fine. They earned it.

But Philly is looking for revenge here and want to make a statement. I don’t think this game is close to be honest. Something like:

Philly 34 - Chiefs 17

I hope I am wrong but don’t think so.
Reported.

This was a very close Super Bowl and looks to be another wickedly close game. I think both teams are worse than they were at their heights last year (the Philly I saw by the end of last year doesn't even come close to letting the Jets get within striking distance of them, and, as has been said repeatedly and truthfully the past four weeks, KC's offense isn't what it even was last year). That said, I still think they're the two best teams in football (49ers aside) and are staring down a Super Bowl rematch in Jan./Feb.

This game? Give me the Eagles and their running game in the rain by a few points, though I only say that to hedge. (I like KC. Don't like the Eagles.)

It's Game Day! This game looks like a coin flip. I think the Eagles finally beat Reid and the game lives up to all the hype.

With the Eagles down by 3 in the 4th quarter. The Eagles put together a long drive converting two 1st downs with the brotherly shove and score the game winning TD.

Eagles - 27
Chefs - 23

Chefs calling to ban the tush push.

Perfect outcome: Birds win 24-20.

Offense looks really good- Hurts puts the team on his back and cinches the win on a walk-off TD.

Eagles dominate the 1st half, get the run game going well, Swift with 75 yds and a TD. Eagles 10-3.

2nd half adjustments, Chiefs take the momentum and go up 17-10. Defense looks disjointed.

Hurts rallies. Defense gets pressure 4th Qtr, stack up sacks. Birds win. Fans take Mylanta. Haters all talk about how overrated the Eagles are and how they’re a shell of last year’s team.

Need a big game from Mahomes to stay alive. So its pretty much a guarantee this is a low scoring game.

You and me both (though I'll technically be in the hunt regardless) so it's inevitable that the conditions are crappy and the Chiefs try to establish the run.

As a 49er fan, I should be rooting for the Chiefs, but just can't do it.

Eagles 31-17. Put a CB on Kelce and pressure Mahomes into a couple picks

Tonight will test the stubbornness of Reid and Mahomes. If they are intent on fixing this offense we will see some quick passes and a little dink and dunk mixed in. And the Chiefs will have a good chance to win.

If they are intent on trying to prove the deep pass offense is gonna work come hell or high water the Chiefs are gonna get blown out.

Will be interesting to see.

not sure with the way KC has been playing how they are favored in this game....I guess if the thought is still that you get 3 for being the home team....then PHI is the favorite....

not sure with the way KC has been playing how they are favored in this game....I guess if the thought is still that you get 3 for being the home team....then PHI is the favorite....
honestly I think it's about Reids post bye history. He's deadly with that extra week to study the other team.

And Reid has never lost to the Eagles. Until you do it, it’s hard to predict your gonna do it. Tonight’s the night though baby.

I’m pumped. This game and the SF game are two that I had circled before the season started. Let’s do it!! GO BIRDSS!!!!!!

honestly I think it's about Reids post bye history. He's deadly with that extra week to study the other team.
I wonder how many of the other teams in that history were also coming off a bye. I would venture not many.

Should be a good matchup, but may just listen to it on XM Radio.. Between Swift and the Kelces, there won't be very much air time to the actual field.

Read that Andy Reid has NEVER lost during a Chiefs/Eagles game??? 7-0 in games between those teams all time.
I believe that Reid is 4-0.

Eagles are 4-6 all time vs KC.

Interestingly, KC is the team who the Eagles have played the least in the regular season (not including expansion teams). They only played 3 times before 2001. The Eagles have played the Boston Yanks as many times in the regular season as KC.

Watching manning cast because a it’s entertaining and b no Buck and Aikman.

Eagles are 28ty in QB passer rating allowed. Scares me considering the defenses we’ve played against this year.

Had this game as a L start of the year. In Kzc and yes both coming off byes but Andy is almost unbearable coming off.

Need a big game from Mahomes to stay alive. So its pretty much a guarantee this is a low scoring game.
I won all my match ups most besides my work league were blow out wins. Could be a fairly blow out in work league as I’m up 7 and I’m the only one with a guy in AJ Brown playing tonight. In my other 2 leagues that don’t matter I got either Swift or Smith playing.

With my luck I get more points then needed tonight and next week my teams all **** the bed. Usually happens when my teams blow someone out one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread