What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electric Cars (Tesla and Others) (2 Viewers)

is that bad
Meh.

They gotta sort out the Don't Take Your Cybertruck to a Carwash thing anyhoo, so two birds, one stone and all that. (y)
Hmm, don't understand this part:

"The Cybertruck’s owners manual does caution against ever washing the truck in direct sunlight"

Wtf?!? Why??
It'll turn into a Gremlin.
No that's if you feed it after dark.
Yes, but it wouldn't make sense for a car to multiply if you get it wet.

is that bad
Meh.

They gotta sort out the Don't Take Your Cybertruck to a Carwash thing anyhoo, so two birds, one stone and all that. (y)

"The Cybertruck’s owners manual does caution against ever washing the truck in direct sunlight"

Wtf?!? Why??
That's actually a good idea for all cars.
I had not heard this before, what's the idea behind it?

is that bad
Meh.

Wtf?!? Why??
The main reason is that the sun dries chemicals in the soap faster than you can rinse it off. Those chemicals stick to the car once dried and can act on the paint. Alot of soaps once dried on a surface don't necessarily dissolve easily even when re wetted. The warning to not wash in the sun is on a lot of soaps.

There is a miniscule risk where the temp is above 90 you can sun spot the paint but that is really unlikely. If you ceramic coat your car sun spotting can happen easier. Still a tiny risk.

is that bad
Meh.

Wtf?!? Why??
The main reason is that the sun dries chemicals in the soap faster than you can rinse it off. Those chemicals stick to the car once dried and can act on the paint. Alot of soaps once dried on a surface don't necessarily dissolve easily even when re wetted. The warning to not wash in the sun is on a lot of soaps.

There is a miniscule risk where the temp is above 90 you can sun spot the paint but that is really unlikely. If you ceramic coat your car sun spotting can happen easier. Still a tiny risk.
This is a fantastic excuse for when my wife asks me why I never wash my car.

is that bad
Meh.

Wtf?!? Why??

This is a fantastic excuse for when my wife asks me why I never wash my car.
I bought a subscription to a car wash, so I just get it washed whenever I drive past one of the places and am not in a hurry. I'm sure this is not the best thing for the environment, but Michigan puts salt on the roads, so I'm going through the car wash.

Users who are viewing this thread