What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN radio "The Huddle" Live 4:00-8:00, 8/23/08 (1 Viewer)

Local ESPN radio are going to the Belmont Stakes at 5:00, this is their national and John Clayton just said they would go there at 6:00 for the race. I guess that means they will be back after the race.

Benson it their main topic now. 3 incidents in the last month.

Losing Thomas Jones was a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, it's like a 'Rite of Spring' seeing Blackhawk start this Thread every off-season!

Thing is, some of us (me) usually work most Saturdays...and I'm always hoping, when I check in on Sunday AM and see this Thread's been bumped, that someone will have summarized the show's highlights.

Is there a Thread or should one be started, whereby either a Board Member volunteers, or a Staff Member is assigned the task of putting together a capsule summary of each week's content for quick overview and reference?

As a suggestion, I'd think it would also be most helpful to organize it with a 'Fact vs Opinion' approach.

Not intentionally trying to create more work, but I just can't listen to the show, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I think the info disbursed there is timely and critical enough that it ought to be made available to everyone, if possible.

You know, it's like a 'Rite of Spring' seeing Blackhawk start this Thread every off-season!Thing is, some of us (me) usually work most Saturdays...and I'm always hoping, when I check in on Sunday AM and see this Thread's been bumped, that someone will have summarized the show's highlights.Is there a Thread or should one be started, whereby either a Board Member volunteers, or a Staff Member is assigned the task of putting together a capsule summary of each week's content for quick overview and reference?As a suggestion, I'd think it would also be most helpful to organize it with a 'Fact vs Opinion' approach.Not intentionally trying to create more work, but I just can't listen to the show, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I think the info disbursed there is timely and critical enough that it ought to be made available to everyone, if possible.
:lmao:

You know, it's like a 'Rite of Spring' seeing Blackhawk start this Thread every off-season!Thing is, some of us (me) usually work most Saturdays...and I'm always hoping, when I check in on Sunday AM and see this Thread's been bumped, that someone will have summarized the show's highlights.Is there a Thread or should one be started, whereby either a Board Member volunteers, or a Staff Member is assigned the task of putting together a capsule summary of each week's content for quick overview and reference?As a suggestion, I'd think it would also be most helpful to organize it with a 'Fact vs Opinion' approach.Not intentionally trying to create more work, but I just can't listen to the show, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I think the info disbursed there is timely and critical enough that it ought to be made available to everyone, if possible.
Hey nittany. Last year we had identikit and jeter23 listening and giving us some great minute to minute write ups. I don't know how anyone can do it, I can't. An hour or two would be great, but hard for one person to do IMHO. You know by the end of July this place will be humming and people will add content.Unfortunately I have to bump early today, I won't be here. Too bad, it sounds like a great show today. I love the fact that it's 4 hours of FB. All FB anything, everything pertinent,whatever is happening now in the NFL.Around 12:30 I heard Andy Gresh ask Jeremy Green about QBs and Jeremy just started reeling off names and teams. I caught some:Jason Campbell will be the starter after the camps.Rex Grossman takes good care of the ball, will start.Ariz Leinart not a lock..coach like Warner, did not draft Leinart, Warner will start.Alex Smith W/Martz = better.Miami: Josh McCown could be the starter..Henning will be the first rookie to get a start.Balt:Boller if losing then Joe Flacco will come in.Damn what a day to miss.

2 commercial breaks in the first 20 minutes? WTF? Is it always like this?

In 20 minutes, there has been 8 minutes of commercials, 2 minutes of sportscenter, and 10 minutes of show. I dont think i can take this for 4 hours

Clayton does not like GB's interior offensive line; Hodge disagrees, thinks line is good

Hodge said, "QB just needs to drive the bus, not be spectacular" and let Grant and WRs do what they need to do.

I disagree, I think if Rogers does not do well, they will be stacking the box against Grant and the WRs will suffer big time. Anyway, love this crap in June!

ok, i remember why i stopped listening. This is disgusting. They talk for like 5 minutes, then you get 10 minutes of commercials and sportscenter (the same one over and over and over and...).

I'll take NFL on Sirius TYVM

ok, i remember why i stopped listening. This is disgusting. They talk for like 5 minutes, then you get 10 minutes of commercials and sportscenter (the same one over and over and over and...).I'll take NFL on Sirius TYVM
Agreed. I stopped listening right after that segment, just too much down time.

Thanks to The Man With No Name for the bumps.

It's football. I don't know, I ignore the commercials a necessary evil with this show. Now, what the hell is up with Brett Favre?

Thanks to The Man With No Name for the bumps.It's football. I don't know, I ignore the commercials a necessary evil with this show. Now, what the hell is up with Brett Favre?
I dont wanna be "that guy" who constantly comes into a thread just to bash something that others love, but...Was in the car today and got tired of the Andy Gresh Insecurity Hour on Sirius, so i flipped back to the Huddle. Listened for a half hour and, i swear to whatever omnipotent being you believe in, they had 22 minutes of commercials and SC, and 8 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7...8) minutes of actual show.Plus, i am pretty sure that John Clayton is in the early stages of Alzheimers. A caller asked a question about Michael Bush (in OAK), and Clayton went on for a couple minutes about Reggie Bush. J Green then answered the callers question, but neither he nor John said a word about Clayton completely missing the question. Sorry, i love da foosball as much as anyone, but i don't see how ESPN can get away with this nonsense.

Thanks to The Man With No Name for the bumps.It's football. I don't know, I ignore the commercials a necessary evil with this show. Now, what the hell is up with Brett Favre?
I dont wanna be "that guy" who constantly comes into a thread just to bash something that others love, but...Was in the car today and got tired of the Andy Gresh Insecurity Hour on Sirius, so i flipped back to the Huddle. Listened for a half hour and, i swear to whatever omnipotent being you believe in, they had 22 minutes of commercials and SC, and 8 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7...8) minutes of actual show.
I turned this on on the way home, just to hear another voice, as I listen to NFL radio a lot. There was not as many commericials on our local station as you experienced on yours, although anytime I switch back from sat. radio the transition to numerous commercials is hard. Wondering if your station chops up the show; one of the stations here will do that to Fox shows, especially on the weekend.ESPN has the same breaks on all their shows. About 9-10 minutes of show, 4-5 minute break of commercials and SC, then the show again. Sometimes towards the end of an hour, they will have to do a quick 2 minutes and then break to get in the commercials that they may have missed if a spot went too long. If you turn on at that time, you are going to find yourself in one of those massive amount of breaks warps.I think Clayton and Green are okay; they are basically doing a weekend-wrap up type show. I like the guests and I'd rather hear the host or guest talk then callers who ask questions that die-hards knew the answer to months ago... which tend to be the people who call into ESPN shows when they take calls. We get spoiled by the majority of the callers on NFL Radio.

BertJones said:
BuddyKnuckles said:
Blackhawk 69 said:
I dont wanna be "that guy" who constantly comes into a thread just to bash something that others love, but...Was in the car today and got tired of the Andy Gresh Insecurity Hour on Sirius, so i flipped back to the Huddle. Listened for a half hour and, i swear to whatever omnipotent being you believe in, they had 22 minutes of commercials and SC, and 8 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7...8) minutes of actual show.
I turned this on on the way home, just to hear another voice, as I listen to NFL radio a lot. There was not as many commericials on our local station as you experienced on yours, although anytime I switch back from sat. radio the transition to numerous commercials is hard. Wondering if your station chops up the show; one of the stations here will do that to Fox shows, especially on the weekend.ESPN has the same breaks on all their shows. About 9-10 minutes of show, 4-5 minute break of commercials and SC, then the show again. Sometimes towards the end of an hour, they will have to do a quick 2 minutes and then break to get in the commercials that they may have missed if a spot went too long. If you turn on at that time, you are going to find yourself in one of those massive amount of breaks warps.I think Clayton and Green are okay; they are basically doing a weekend-wrap up type show. I like the guests and I'd rather hear the host or guest talk then callers who ask questions that die-hards knew the answer to months ago... which tend to be the people who call into ESPN shows when they take calls. We get spoiled by the majority of the callers on NFL Radio.
Huh, that makes sense because i dont remember it being this bad when i used to listen on AM. Sirius must be chopping it up to get people to switch to their NFL station.Unfortunately, the local AM sports station dropped ESPN syndicated shows, so i cant listen on there anymore. I do like the show, just cant stand whatever is happening to it on Sirius.

bump.

Favre had to have his papers in by 4:00pm today 7 minutes ago according to John Clayton if he wants to show up at camp. They will keep us informed.

G Bay committed to Aaron Rodgers. McCarthy says they have to move forward, basically Clayton said that when Favre hears this, he's gonna be pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Smith running w/1st team in Det.

Marvin Harrison looks like Marvin of old.

Lamont Jordan adds depth to N. Eng running game, someone will be released.

Favre didn't file papers, so he won't be there on Monday. He could file another day.

Trent Edwards Buffalo running old Sam Wyche offense. Timing is everything in this off. If they stack the box, it will open long ball to Evans.

Users who are viewing this thread