What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAAB DISCUSSION- Post your FAAB discussion and results here (1 Viewer)

Deamon

Footballguy
FAAB is great, but it's probably one of the most challenging parts of Fantasy. I have found it SUPER useful in the past, when others in here post the amount certain players went for, especially if yours haven't run yet. Of course it's unpredictable, but seeing what others are bidding on a player, and how much they went for, can sometimes take a bit of the guess work out of it.

So as long as your leaguemates aren't in this thread, what are you bidding on guys like Wilson, Samuel, etc?

Once your bids go through, please let us know what they ended up going for!

16 team (31 man roster teams) IDP League, $100 FAAB Results (Dynasty):

TE OJ Howard $30
QB C. Rush $17
DL K.Paye $15
DL D.Robinson $15
LB B.Chubb $13
WR D.Carter $10
DB T.Hufanga $2
LB A.Anzalone $2
DL R.Weaver $2 (My Waiver Claim)
WR K.Philips $1

16 team (31 man roster teams) IDP League, $100 FAAB Results (Dynasty):

TE OJ Howard $30
QB C. Rush $17
DL K.Paye $15
DL D.Robinson $15
LB B.Chubb $13
WR D.Carter $10
DB T.Hufanga $2
LB A.Anzalone $2
DL R.Weaver $2 (My Waiver Claim)
WR K.Philips $1
30% on OJ Howard - jesus.
Yup my exact reaction..... :laugh:

And the even more hilarious part - He was the only Bidder (Blind bidding), but our league is known for huge week 1 bids historically, so I guess he had to go big or go home..

$502 for Wilson (out of $1000). I went heavy on Wilson because my RB2 is weak (Montgomery and Penny) but the rest of my team is really strong, so shouldn't need the waiver wire that much during the year. Next bid was $425

Samuel went for $257

Mason $101

12 team PPR keeper league

Samuel 33 (out of 100)
Duvernay 21
Jordan Mason 14
Zay Jones 10
Dontrell Hilliard 8
TDP 7
Gerald Everett 6
Wentz 3
Tonyan 3
DeAndre Carter 1
Zero bids for Goff, Golladay, Kyle Phillips and Sterling Shephard.

(May have missed the point of the thread, but those are winning prices for the whole league, not my bids)

12 team half-PPR keep 4 league, $100

Samuel - 9
Philips - 1
Burkhead - 4
L. Thomas - 1
Mattison - 22
Hurst - 8
Duvernay - 2
E. Benjamin - 1
R. Anderson - 8

Wentz and J. Warren were picked up for free after waivers.

Got Samuel in 1 league for 33 of 1000.

Over my many leagues, the craziest things I’ve seen this morning are the big bids on OJ Howard. Bids of 150-250, I think that’s nuts FYI.

Otherwise, it was a fairly weak week 1 of waivers.

Got Samuel in 1 league for 33 of 1000.

Over my many leagues, the craziest things I’ve seen this morning are the big bids on OJ Howard. Bids of 150-250, I think that’s nuts FYI.

Otherwise, it was a fairly weak week 1 of waivers.
That's a great get. In 2 of my ffpc leagues he went for right around 25%.
(y)

FWIW - Wentz went for 5.5 - 6.6%

The craziest in my leagues was Winston going for $95 ($100 FAAB) in a start 1QB dynasty league. Wentz, Mariota and Geno are all still on the waiver wire. Other than that Duvernay went for $28 and $11 in two leagues.

$200 FAAB. Players of interest
League 1:
C. Samuel $75
Tay Hill $72
Warren $37
L. Thomas $25
Tonayn $15
Phillips $11

League 2:
Phillips $17
Duvernay $7

League 3:
Tay Hill $68
OJ Howard $31
L. Thomas $13
Tonyan $11
Phillips $1

14 Team league: $100 budget

Duveney: $25
Hilliard: $25
Wentz $15 (Dak owner)
Mason $7
Phillips $7

Guy who picked up Phillips dropped Collins. Thought that was a big overreaction to week 1.

I'm in to many leagues to list my bids. Summary version is I was wildly outbid on Curtis Samuel, bought no where. Bought a ton of Carson Wentz.

The FFPC Footballguys tournament featured these notable average winning bids(teams start with $1,000):

Curtis Samuel, bought in 529 leagues with an average of exactly $300.

Carson Wentz, by a total of 813 to 812, edged Kyle Phillps for most added player.

Here's one:

My son nabbed Curtis Samuel for $4 out of a $100 FAB. My other league? One owner paid $40 for Curtis Samuel and $30 for Robbie Anderson. Keep in mind that whatever you pay for a free agent in this league allows you to keep him for next year.

our first year doing faab 12 team redraft league ($200 for the year) brought some interesting results...apparently people arent valuing rb's now after hording them to the extreme when we used a tumbler order....somebody dropped Kalil Herbert and I got him for $32 (next highest bid 4 bucks) Somebody got Burkhead for $1....other winning bids of note were:

Wentz $10

Samuels $21
Duvernay $15
Dotson $35
R Anderson $25

Tayson Hill $19
Everett $11

Last edited:
$1000 FAAB for the year

Burkhead $30
Packers $15
Robby Anderson $11
Taysom Hill $202
Logan Thomas $11
Wentz $10
J. Warren $22
Curtis Samuel $201
Duvernay $100

Same guy got Hill and Samuel. So spent 40% of his FAAB in week 1.

I'm in to many leagues to list my bids. Summary version is I was wildly outbid on Curtis Samuel, bought no where. Bought a ton of Carson Wentz.

The FFPC Footballguys tournament featured these notable average winning bids(teams start with $1,000):

Carson Wentz, by a total of 813 to 812, edged Kyle Phillps for most added player.
Good info.
Is this data (data for entire contest) linked on the league pages? I looked on both main event and fbg league pages and don't see where I can access this.

Samuel $15

Samuel went for $257

Samuel 33 (out of 100)

Samuel - 9

Samuel - 21
Really interesting to see the varience here. Debating what to bid on him tonight, I'm thinking 15-20

Where did Samuel come in at?

Went for $14 (5 bids) in our league

Highest bid was $15 for Burkhead
16 and 22 for Samuel in mine. I did 15 in both leagues and lost out on him. Ah well.

Good info.
Is this data (data for entire contest) linked on the league pages? I looked on both main event and fbg league pages and don't see where I can access this.
Afraid the info is on Fantasymojo.com which is subscription based.

Good info.
FantasyMojo

Edit - I should have kept reading. Meno got it covered.

Ran yesterday afternoon ($200 FAAB budget):

Wilson, Jeffery SFO RB for $37.00
Peoples-Jones, Donovan CLE WR for $16.00
Hill, Taysom NOS TE for $14.00
Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def for $14.00 (don't ask - league is new to FAAB this year and this owner is clueless)
Mariota, Marcus ATL QB for $8.00
Carter, DeAndre LAC WR for $7.00
Mason, Jordan SFO RB for $6.00
Watson, Christian GBP WR for $5.00
McKinnon, Jerick KCC RB for $5.00
Smith, Geno SEA QB for $3.00

He's not in mine, but in a friend's league he is and he's wondering what to spend. Probably will recommend he blow it all, I dont know.

I’m wondering what to spend on Doubs. I’m in a deep league and am shocked to see someone released him. I am WR needy. It seems the days of a robust waiver wire for the first few weeks are over.

How much are the Packers D worth? They have NE, Giants, and Jets the next three games at home and the Washington on the road. I went all in the Charger defense and it’s crushing my otherwise strong team. Just curious, what’s the most you’ve ever seen a defense go for?

How much are the Packers D worth? They have NE, Giants, and Jets the next three games at home and the Washington on the road. I went all in the Charger defense and it’s crushing my otherwise strong team. Just curious, what’s the most you’ve ever seen a defense go for?
We just switched to FAAB this year, and in week 1, one team bid 7% for the Steelers defense.

I've made a vow to never use FAAB on a defense unless it's the end of the year and I need to use it or lose it.

2%. Someone else will bid 1. 3 is a bit much.

I’m wondering what to spend on Doubs. I’m in a deep league and am shocked to see someone released him. I am WR needy. It seems the days of a robust waiver wire for the first few weeks are over.
25%
That's about what I was thinking. I currently have 271 bid in. You never know. It may be way too much or somebody comes in with a 350 bid.
How deep is your league?

25%
That's about what I was thinking. I currently have 271 bid in. You never know. It may be way too much or somebody comes in with a 350 bid.
How deep is your league?
I really mean to learn.

25%
How deep is your league?
12 team 20 round draft. Ten bench spots.

Guy's like Josh Reynolds, Richie James, Ashton Dulin are what's left out there.

25%
How deep is your league?

Ah ya, 271 (im assuming of 1k) seems right..... I might even go as high as 326

25%
How deep is your league?

Ah ya, 271 (im assuming of 1k) seems right..... I might even go as high as 326
then I'll have to bid 327.

12 team- 15 player redraft, ppr with other bonuses, $100 total FAAB for the season
Dropped Darnell Mooney for Romeo Doubs ($19)- me
Dropped Raheem Mostert for Chris Olave ($17)
Dropped Sterling Shepard for Greg Dortch ($8)- me
Dropped Tyrion Davis-Price for Samaje Perine ($5)

Trying to get ahead by a week to get Dak as my backup to Brady (and probably just stream with him). Hoping to sneak him for cheap but worries someone else might have the same idea. Don't want to pay too much though. Going with $32 ($1000). Hoping that's enough to sneak by everyone trying to grab him for single digits.

Users who are viewing this thread