What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAAB DISCUSSION- Post your FAAB discussion and results here (1 Viewer)

• Dobbs $50 (Rodgers owner, think he has 5 QBs now lol)
  • Levis $2 (Cousins owner)
I totally would have expected the opposite bids: $2 on Dobbs and $50 on Levis. But shows that owners in every league are markedly different.

IKR? And the guy bidding $50 & temporarily holding 5 QBs has won our league 4 times in the past 20 years, generally pretty solid managing his team.
That owner seems to know what he's doing, but we have several owners that do incredibly well in spite of themselves. That infernal luck factor.

I totally would have expected the opposite bids: $2 on Dobbs and $50 on Levis. But shows that owners in every league are markedly different.

IKR? And the guy bidding $50 & temporarily holding 5 QBs has won our league 4 times in the past 20 years, generally pretty solid managing his team.
That owner seems to know what he's doing, but we have several owners that do incredibly well in spite of themselves. That infernal luck factor.

We have that guy, too. Norwegian who lives in the U.K., got an invite 12-15 years ago after meeting a couple of the guys at a London game. Annually the worst drafter, always leads the league in transactions, lucks his way into breakouts almost every year. Never quite works out but it’s entertaining to watch & he’s a good guy so whatever.

We have that guy, too. Norwegian who lives in the U.K., got an invite 12-15 years ago after meeting a couple of the guys at a London game. Annually the worst drafter, always leads the league in transactions, lucks his way into breakouts almost every year. Never quite works out but it’s entertaining to watch & he’s a good guy so whatever.
Thats the kind of guy you want in your league. Drafts bad yet stays active making a bunch of moves. Thats how you luck into breakouts....make a bunch of moves.

QB valuations with FAAB baffle me a bit. I’m new to FAAB this season and I’m new to Superflex, so combining them both has been a learning curve.

QBs are a scarce commodity and virtually all rostered and when one appears to be something for even a week or the rest of season… the bidding can seem a bit crazy.

Here’s the QBs that went off the board this week.

Jaren Hall 44% - (this one astonished me… and it was even after the Dobbs news)

Heineke 14%

Rypien 5% - my team as I lost Cousins, have Purdy on a bye, and only Baker left so was hopeful for a possible QB starter this week.

Aiden O’Connel 21% - my team again… this was the rest of my budget I have left, but I viewed a rest of the season starter as something I needed.

Tough to pick a number for Keaton this week. At first, I was thinking of blowing a bunch of FAAB on him, but fortunately we get a couple of days to think about it. He has potential, especially for someone whose RBs have been decimated by injuries and just have dustballs on their bench. He's worth adding, but he may be 3rd in touches for the rest of the year. Not sure he will even move ahead of Hill. Harbaugh loves him some Hill and Edwards. So, if someone wants to blow $30+ on him, I think I should let them. That leaves me deciding on something between $10-25.

Thoughts anyone? I'm leaning towards the lower end. I can see him becoming Jaleel McLaughlin, who hasn't been helpful in a league where I have him, and I'm going to have to drop McLaughlin to pick up Keaton, so I very well may end up in the same spot. I am RB desperate though...

Tough to pick a number for Keaton this week. At first, I was thinking of blowing a bunch of FAAB on him, but fortunately we get a couple of days to think about it. He has potential, especially for someone whose RBs have been decimated by injuries and just have dustballs on their bench. He's worth adding, but he may be 3rd in touches for the rest of the year. Not sure he will even move ahead of Hill. Harbaugh loves him some Hill and Edwards. So, if someone wants to blow $30+ on him, I think I should let them. That leaves me deciding on something between $10-25.

Thoughts anyone? I'm leaning towards the lower end. I can see him becoming Jaleel McLaughlin, who hasn't been helpful in a league where I have him, and I'm going to have to drop McLaughlin to pick up Keaton, so I very well may end up in the same spot. I am RB desperate though...
He's an interesting one. No idea what he's gonna go for, fbg Is suggesting a huge chunk of your budget on him this week.

The last few weeks have been slow and we are about 2/3rds done the fantasy regular season already so could be time to blow a bit of it.

Anyone have waivers processed already?

There's always going to be risk involved, but you have to ask yourself whether at this stage there will be someone else in the future that at least has the potential to be as much of a difference maker. Otherwise you may just wait and wait and wind up stashing away unused FAAB dollars.

There's always going to be risk involved, but you have to ask yourself whether at this stage there will be someone else in the future that at least has the potential to be as much of a difference maker. Otherwise you may just wait and wait and wind up stashing away unused FAAB dollars.

HA - I said exactly this last night in the Keaton thread, when I was already thinking about blowing most of my FAAB. I guess I calmed down a bit and thought about the 3-headed committee and the Harbough love and backed off of that. There's still plenty of time to change my mind several times though!

FAAB Lab

Crowd sourced tool from the Reddit fantasy football community.

How it works:​

• Below are the top waiver wire adds for the week​

• Submit what you plan to bid in your league (bids are in % of start of season FAAB)​

• Zero % bids will not be stored, but will allow you to see the data​

• After submission, the consensus data will be shown to you​

• Use the crowdsourced data to get an edge in your league​

There always seems to be 1 or 2 that come about because of injury. I know Walker was a nobody last year after this date who got a shot. Guy in my league bid all $200 of his faab on him. Worked out great for him till Walker got hurt too.

FAAB Lab

• Submit what you plan to bid in your league (bids are in % of start of season FAAB)​

interesting

FAAB Lab

Keaton Mitchell - RB​

Baltimore Ravens​

Average Bid: 20.25%​

Median Bid: 15%​

Most Common Bid: 10%​

Number of Bids: 630​

FAAB Lab

Wow this is very cool... didn't know it existed.

FAAB Lab

Wow this is very cool... didn't know it existed.

me neither, just found it

at least gives you a framework of what the general populace is bidding. still have to know your leaguemates but this is really useful IMO.

Week 10 FAAB bids:
  • Keaton Mitchell $24 ($13, $10, $0)
  • Roschon Johnson $10 ($0)
  • Detroit DST $1 (none)

no-bid freebies (burned the WW priority but it resets weekly)

• Antonio Gibson RB
  • Seattle DST
  • Hunter Henry TE
  • Jameson Williams WR
  • Riley Paterson
  • Elijah Mitchell RB

Mitchell went for 33 and 34 in my two leagues that already ran them. A few other bids in the teens in both.

Week 10 FAAB bids:
  • Keaton Mitchell $24 ($13, $10, $0)
  • Roschon Johnson $10 ($0)
  • Detroit DST $1 (none)

no-bid freebies (burned the WW priority but it resets weekly)

• Antonio Gibson RB
  • Seattle DST
  • Hunter Henry TE
  • Jameson Williams WR
  • Riley Paterson
  • Elijah Mitchell RB
When you say it resets weekly do you mean each week starts worst to first? Over the years my league has been FCFS then worst to first weekly then it was a rolling waiver and finally FAAB.... Of the 4 my least favorite is worst to first. I hated the WW catering to the people who drafted the worst. I much preferred a fscs free for all over that. of course faab is the best then rolling ww.

Mitchell went for $1 out of 200 and no other bids…

Guess everybody thinks it was a fluke and/or garbage time…

When you say it resets weekly do you mean each week starts worst to first?

Two WW runs per week, Tue-Wed overnight and Friday-Saturday overnight. Yes priority (WW order) resets each week based on standings. Game day adds must go to your lineup. If you want to stash lotto tix do it on the WW runs, which may be either a FAAB bid or no-bid claims.

We also eliminated he in game drops. Guys used to drop 1pm players for 4pm game guys (at 3:45 something), then drop THAT lottery ticket for a SNF player, then drop the SNF for a MNF lotto…donkey ball.

FCFS open FA is my least favorite.

Two WW runs per week, Tue-Wed overnight and Friday-Saturday overnight. Yes priority (WW order) resets each week based on standings. Game day adds must go to your lineup. If you want to stash lotto tix do it on the WW runs, which may be either a FAAB bid or no-bid claims.

We also eliminated he in game drops. Guys used to drop 1pm players for 4pm game guys (at 3:45 something), then drop THAT lottery ticket for a SNF player, then drop the SNF for a MNF lotto…donkey ball.

Thats interesting. Our league stopped doing fcfs because people complained that it isnot really fair to those with a life (and it isnt) went to worst to first for nearly 10 years until people got tired of the same 3-4 teams drafting poorly but because they got all the best ww picks they would invariably end up better at the end of the year than alot of the teams that drafted well and couldnt keep up when injuries hit. Went rolling ww for over to years which is >>>>>>>> than any of the first 2.....and finally shockingly to me we talked the owners into trying FAAB last year.

Thats interesting. Our league stopped doing fcfs because people complained that it isnot really fair to those with a life (and it isnt) went to worst to first for nearly 10 years until people got tired of the same 3-4 teams drafting poorly but because they got all the best ww picks they would invariably end up better at the end of the year than alot of the teams that drafted well and couldnt keep up when injuries hit. Went rolling ww for over to years which is >>>>>>>> than any of the first 2.....and finally shockingly to me we talked the owners into trying FAAB last year.

yeah we've gone through all the same iterations (for the same reasons) just in a different sequence. I presume we're in a happy medium bc no one has brought it up in ~ 6-8 years.

Last edited:
out of 200 faab
mitchell went for $77 (37,37,0)
stroud went for 61 (27,27,15,0)
murray 7 to me no other bids makes no sense to me....could have had him for free.
Ju JU smith schuster 6
Becham 3
No bids were made on brown... (who I would have gotten had I not gotten murray)

out of 200 faab
murray 7 to me no other bids makes no sense to me....could have had him for free.
Ju JU smith schuster 6
Becham 3
Damn that 77 guy must be mad

out of 200 faab
Ju JU smith schuster 6
Becham 3

out of 200 faab
Ju JU smith schuster 6
Becham 3
High levels of FAAB have been wasted on RBs that didnt work out in our league (and Im betting alot of other leagues) this year. We have 3 or 4 teams with an abundance of starting rbs this year leaving the other 8 teams short....Oh and almost all reasonable backups are rostered. Bidding high seems to be the only way to get a rb with a pulse in this league.

HEY BIG SPENDER

• Noah Brown Hou - WR
    Team1 $50
    Team 2 $17 (Lower Offer)
    Team 3 $11 (Lower Offer)
    BobbyLayne $10 (Lower Offer)
    Team5 $5 (Lower Offer)
    Team6 $0 (Lower Offer)
    Team7 $0 (Lower Offer)

• Ty Chandler MIN - RB
    Team1 $35
    Team2 $20 (lower offer)
    Team3 $5 (lower offer)

• A.T. Perry NO - WR
    Team1 $4

• Luke Musgrave GB - TE
    Team1 $2
    Team2 $1 (lower offer)

• Miami MIA - DST
    Team1 $1
    Team2 $0 (lower offer)

• Moody SF - K
    Team1 $0
    Team2 $0 (lower WW priority)
Guy spent his last $85 overnight. Brother man, you're in 11th place, too little too late.

Standard PPR, Chandler 12%, Foreman 10%
SF PPR, Chandler 20%
Standard half PPR, Noah Brown 20%, Dowdle 3%, Quentin 2%
Shallow standard half PPR, Singletary 17%, Mitchell 15%

Nothing to report for Week 12.

Three zero bids came down to WW priority. Five bids were against no one.
  • Zack Moss $6
  • Antonio Gibson $6
  • Jake Browning $5
  • Riley Paterson $1
  • Patriots DST $1

Isaiah Likely went for 15 of 100. Not sold on him, but it was the Andrews owner. I can't fault him. I prolly would of done the same thing. .

Beckham went for 28 out of 100. Kupp and Higgins owner. Panic move. Ha ha

Isaiah Likely went for 15 of 100. Not sold on him, but it was the Andrews owner. I can't fault him. I prolly would of done the same thing. .

Beckham went for 28 out of 100. Kupp and Higgins owner. Panic move. Ha ha
The shark move would be to claim Bateman for 0 FAAB. Played as the Ravens’ WR2 even if the box score doesn’t reflect it. Ran ahead of OBJ and Agholor in snaps and routes. Looks fast and healthy and playing more confidently. Andrews is done and OBJ was dealing with a nagging shoulder injury toward the end of that game. Might’ve played through it in a close game but any injury with OBJ should be treated seriously given his history. Flowers is the clear WR1, and I’d treat it from a fantasy perspective as OBJ as WR2 and Bateman as WR3 but with the chance of Bateman closing the gap with OBJ and maybe even surpassing him before the season is up. Bateman has been putting good tape on film for the last five weeks and it’s only a matter of time until it translates to fantasy production.

Yes, we still exist.

Users who are viewing this thread