What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAAB DISCUSSION- Post your FAAB discussion and results here (2 Viewers)

Only one of significance in our 14 teamer was Josh Palmer:

$40
$33
$31

I came in 2nd :pokey:
Assuming a $100 budget, those are some big bids, but sometimes you have to go for it if your team is WR needy (like mine).
Agree it was a lot. Plus he was the only FA worth bidding on. 14 team league and the wire is really thin. Probably will be the rest of the season too. We also allow free pickups after waivers run so not like you can’t pick up players after your FAAB is gone.

Only one of significance in our 14 teamer was Josh Palmer:

$40
$33
$31

I came in 2nd :pokey:
Assuming a $100 budget, those are some big bids, but sometimes you have to go for it if your team is WR needy (like mine).
Agree it was a lot. Plus he was the only FA worth bidding on. 14 team league and the wire is really thin. Probably will be the rest of the season too. We also allow free pickups after waivers run so not like you can’t pick up players after your FAAB is gone.
Understood - the calculus of a 14 team is much different than, say, a 10 team league. Sometimes we don't have all the context and bids in some leagues can be larger/smaller than in other leagues.

wow...we had a wild make no sense WW last night (considering our league usually hoards FAAB till closer to the end.
12 teams 200 FAAB 1/2 point ppr.
I got friermuth for 12 bucks with the nexb bid of $0
I got Mims for 6 bucks no other bidders?

Others of interest:
Palmer went for $100 with next bid 64
Gallup went for $ 75 with the next and only other bid $17?
These both went to an owner with SERIOUS (and by serious I mean owning Swift as his only starter) rb issues...his faab budget left is....0 ?

Quentin Johnson went for $39 with no other bidders ( not sure how other websites do it but this one only shows only bids that could have been completed. I put in a low bid for johnson for instance but by the time I would have gotten there I had already gotten Mims so there was no drop left for me to get him anyway

Stroud $31 next bid 5 (won by the guy who dropped kincaid who he payed $30 the previous week?
Gordon went for $25 only other bid was 7
Both Mooney and CEH went for $25 no bids on mooney with ceh having 2 bids with a high of 7
Chark went for $25 next bid was 2
Both the Browns and Clark kicker went to the same team for $7 each with the browns the only other bid at 5
musgrave went for $8 next bid 5

a bunch of assorted players went for 1 and 0 dollars.
Such a strange WW. total of $386 the player in total could have been gotten for a total of: $144

(I realize the 144 is totally unrealistic since you dont KNOW what they are going for but after adding it all up If I were one of the weaker teams in the league it might be smart to churn the bottom 3 or 4 players on the team by putting in a bunch of lowball bids just to see what happens. Worst case is they all dud and you can try it again next week!!! I know just for myself I had 4 or 5 TE's that I would have been happy getting and 5-6 wrs..... I could have gotten the same exact players I got by bidding 1 buck apiece. (hindsight of course) but why bid much of anything on players you would have been happy to get? I could have saved $16 faab money and still got the same players.

12 team PPR league...Bid $353 for Achane (out of $1000 budget) and won. Thought he would go for much more than that.

Anybody have a winning bid on Kmet this week? I need to know how much it is going to cost me for a player I owned a couple of weeks ago. Coosing Pits over Hockenson was the dumbest move at the draft that I have done in years

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215
Wilson could have been had for $1 last week in a superflex? That's insane.

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215
Wilson could have been had for $1 last week in a superflex? That's insane.
He has been rostered all season and was dropped on Sunday to pick up a RB off waivers.

The guy who dropped him still has 3 QBs on his roster, albeit two of them are pretty lowly options.

This is my first year playing SuperFlex and I’ve gotten lucky with my choices (Cousins, Purdy and Mayfield for depth) but I can see how easily a starting QB that is even a warm body becomes valuable when injuries happen or talks of benching occur.

I want to thank everybody who takes the time to post their FAAB winning bids. It is VERY usefull to those of us with Wednesday midnight WWs. I also think this should be pinned because it would garner much more attention there and is much more valuble on a weekly basis and gets totally lost on all the carreer long threads for each player.

Ive sent Joe a message about pinning this tread since I apparently suck at sending notifications about a post lol. Hopefully he sees the value in pinning it. Its rough to get ANY trafic on a thread because of all the player and teams threads. This one IMO is very helpful for many of us.

We can pin and see how it goes. We have to be careful though as if we pinned every thread that people wanted pinned it would get too crowded.

This can be useful but it needs to be a ton of talk on Monday and Tuesday about what people are planning to bid. Talking about it afterward doesn't help anyone.

The value here is in discussing and helping people making bids.

We can pin and see how it goes. We have to be careful though as if we pinned every thread that people wanted pinned it would get too crowded.

This can be useful but it needs to be a ton of talk on Monday and Tuesday about what people are planning to bid. Talking about it afterward doesn't help anyone.

Well its a Winning FAAB bid thread not a what you plan to bid but that could also be a part of it for sure. Since all waivers do not run at the same time then the info is very valuable for those whos WW hasnt yet run (like mine) Theres nothing wrong with talking about what you intend to bid but the true value of a player is somewhere between the winning bid and the next high bidder. I will be surprised if the thread doesnt get quite a few more responses than it does falling off page 1all the time . I appreciate the chance and DO understand the pinned threads can become cluttered.

Well its a Winning FAAB bid thread not a what you plan to bid but that could also be a part of it for sure. Since all waivers do not run at the same time then the info is very valuable for those whos WW hasnt yet run (like mine) Theres nothing wrong with talking about what you intend to bid but the true value of a player is somewhere between the winning bid and the next high bidder. I will be surprised if the thread doesnt get quite a few more responses than it does falling off page 1all the time . I appreciate the chance and DO understand the pinned threads can become cluttered.

Yes. Winning has very little value for helping players. That's talking about what happened.

If we can keep it focused on what players plan to bid and helping GMs make bids, that's way more valuable.

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215
Im surpised Kmet went so low. I have a changeable bit of $27 out of 200 on him. Since the TE position is such a mess this year Im hoping Kmet can get me out of the Pits..

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215
Im surpised Kmet went so low. I have a changeable bit of $27 out of 200 on him. Since the TE position is such a mess this year Im hoping Kmet can get me out of the Pits..
Did you mean get you out of the PITTS?

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215
Sorry but he has stunk so bad that I have demoted him a t. :wink:

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215
If it helps. I bid on Ferguson here. I also own Pitts and I bid pretty high on Kmet as well but I had Ferguson slightly over him. So he would have gone for more if for some reason I didn’t get Ferguson.

About 3-5 teams in my 12 teamer I looked at last night before waivers ran could have used some help at TEs.

I really didn’t want to start Kmet on a short week and still don’t trust Fields. So I prioritized Ferguson who’s getting a decent amount of targets and I like Dak > Fields.

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215
If it helps. I bid on Ferguson here. I also own Pitts and I bid pretty high on Kmet as well but I had Ferguson slightly over him. So he would have gone for more if for some reason I didn’t get Ferguson.

About 3-5 teams in my 12 teamer I looked at last night before waivers ran could have used some help at TEs.

I really didn’t want to start Kmet on a short week and still don’t trust Fields. So I prioritized Ferguson who’s getting a decent amount of targets and I like Dak > Fields.
Thanks. Ferguson is owned. My choices are Kmet, ertz, kincaid who isnt getting much done and Conklin. So for me its Kmet or Ertz MAYBE.

Superflex League

$1000 budget

Heinicke $0
New England $0
Washington
Detroit $2
Trubisky $21
Kemt $36
Miami $57
Buffalo $68
Ferguson $88
Mclaughlin $188
M Wilson $200
Zach Wilson $215

Thanks. Ferguson is owned. My choices are Kmet, ertz, kincaid who isnt getting much done and Conklin. So for me its Kmet or Ertz MAYBE.
I'd go Kincaid. Read somewhere that his play time or routes is jumping. I think the production will follow. I think you have a LaPorta in a month or so. Kmet blows up then disappears. Guess that's not the worst thing given the barren landscape.

Really cool of you to try out a pin for this thread. I also appreciate how engaged you've been in this forum this year.

Anyone know how much McLaughlan went for in their leagues????

I won him for $12 (out of $100) in a 12 team full ppr. I won a tiebreaker, next bid was $8.

In another 12 team half ppr, he went for $27 ($100 total). Sleeper doesn't appear to report other bids.

In another 12 team full ppr, he went for $16 ($200 total). No other bids.

So, pretty wide range. I thought $27 was way too high when we have no idea what his usage will be, Williams may not miss any time, and where he has no shot at taking over for Williams.

WIlson QB NYJ was dropped by a stacked team last week in my 12 team SF league. He went for 670/1000. Heinicke went for 333. Missed out on both of them....

Lost Jefferson and Achane in one week, and still have Barkely questionable to play week 6 so I have to go pretty hard in the paint for what I still think is a weak waiver wire. But the fantasy gods have chosen to smite me and here we are.

Thinking about it as having to survive the next four weeks… for now.

I’m throwing about 25% of budget at DeMercado and 20% of budget at Osbourne.

Sprinkling about 10% on Curtis Samuel.
Sprinkling about 5% on Foreman for a possible 1 week start if Roschon can’t clear concussion.

Justice Hill and Keaton Mitchell are out there and may get a small sprinkle as well, but I already own Gus and that just feels like a mess of a roster wasteland already.

Lost Jefferson and Achane in one week, and still have Barkely questionable to play week 6 so I have to go pretty hard in the paint for what I still think is a weak waiver wire. But the fantasy gods have chosen to smite me and here we are.

Sprinkling about 5% on Foreman for a possible 1 week start if Roschon can’t clear concussion.

Justice Hill and Keaton Mitchell are out there and may get a small sprinkle as well, but I already own Gus and that just feels like a mess of a roster wasteland already.
Not sure that will be enough for demercado and osborne

16 team league, just spent 50 percent of original FAAB on Osborn after I lost JJ

For reference, Palmer went for 25 percent

My situation may be unique, you don't usually get big names in the bidding round due to the size of the league. More than I wanted, figured I could have gotten him cheaper but wanted to lock him down.

Also grabbed Downs for 10 percent, dropped Wilson and Doston for these guy, not sure theres'a much significant daylight between any of them but didn't want to stand pat.

Not sure that will be enough for demercado and osborne
Agreed. This league is a little odd at times after the fact. Some goes go for massive amounts and then I’ll find myself surprised that other guys go for 5% or less.

My team is dead in the water the next 4 weeks so I guess you are right, and if I think these two can help, I can jump the number up significantly.

Just submitted the following bids:

1) 12 team, half ppr, 17 man rosters (start 10), $100 FAAB (I've spent $10), desperate for RBs & a TE

Demercado - $31
L. Thomas - $20 (really want this one, I only have Kincaid)
J. Wilson - $10 (I just dropped him on Sunday as I wanted to use the IR space dumb dumb dumb 🤮)
K. Osborn - $10 (someone else just dropped him last weekend)
Foreman - $6
J. Mason - $3

The RBs are stacked so if I get the higher one, none of the others will go through.

2) 12 team, full ppr, short bench (start 9, 5 man bench), $200 FAAB (I've already spent $85 on Puka and Dell). Would really like a RB for depth, but will take a WR that I can use in the flex. Minimum bid of $5 for ALL pickups throughout the year, which makes spending big difficult as you need to spend some just for weekly roster maintenance (injuries/byes).

Demercado - $35
Downs - $35
Osborn - $30
Foreman - $20

All stacked so that if I get one, the rest will not go through.

3) 12 team, full ppr, start 10, 7-man bench, $100 FAAB (I've spent $25), need a RB since Achane went down, but will reluctantly take a WR I can at least potentially start in the flex

Demercado - $21
Downs - $12
Foreman - $7

If I get Demercado, Foreman won't go through.

Hope that's not too much detail.

Just submitted the following bids:

1) 12 team, half ppr, 17 man rosters (start 10), $100 FAAB (I've spent $10), desperate for RBs & a TE

Demercado - $31 (winning bid $59)
L. Thomas - $20 (really want this one, I only have Kincaid) (won, next bid $11)
J. Wilson - $10 (I just dropped him on Sunday as I wanted to use the IR space dumb dumb dumb 🤮) (winning bid $26 (!!))
K. Osborn - $10 (someone else just dropped him last weekend) (winning bid $19)
Foreman - $6 (won, no other bids)
J. Mason - $3 (not picked up)

The RBs are stacked so if I get the higher one, none of the others will go through.

2) 12 team, full ppr, short bench (start 9, 5 man bench), $200 FAAB (I've already spent $85 on Puka and Dell). Would really like a RB for depth, but will take a WR that I can use in the flex. Minimum bid of $5 for ALL pickups throughout the year, which makes spending big difficult as you need to spend some just for weekly roster maintenance (injuries/byes).

Demercado - $35
Downs - $35
Osborn - $30
Foreman - $20

All stacked so that if I get one, the rest will not go through.

3) 12 team, full ppr, start 10, 7-man bench, $100 FAAB (I've spent $25), need a RB since Achane went down, but will reluctantly take a WR I can at least potentially start in the flex

Demercado - $21 (winning bid $44)
Downs - $12 (winning bid $20)
Foreman - $7 (winning bid $9)

If I get Demercado, Foreman won't go through.

Hope that's not too much detail.

I added above if I won and what the next bid was, or what the winning bid was. League 2 waivers don't run until later this morning.

• Demarcado $26 ($20, $0, $0)
  • ATL DST $1 (n/a)
  • K Ingram $0 ($0 lower ww priority)
  • Chark FA
  • D Foreman FA
  • Freiermuth FA
  • Hunt FA
  • Q Johnston FA
  • Schultz FA

Demercado went 36 of 100. Just seems way to high for my blood.

Foreman went for 0. Surprisenly low. I would have taken him for a dollar.

Osborn went only for dollar. Also surprisenly low.

One the many many reasons to shift from waiver order to Faab is the weekly dissection of why or why not people did what they did each week. Always interesting.

Out of $1000

Downs $0
Schultz $6
Ingram $28
L Thomas $37
Foreman $87
Justice Hill $137
Osborne $137
Demarcado $315
Minshew $600!

Note on that Minshew pickup. The guy who grabbed him is 1-4 and his opponent only has one active QB in SuperFlex… so it seems he’s pulled all the punches for a win this week…. Because he already has 3 active QBs. But that’s still a lot.

10 teamer. $100 FAAB. Start 2 QBs; 3 RBs; 4 WRs

Foreman went for $41 (other bids: $15 and $14)

Demer. went for $9 with no other bids.

Got Downs for $9 with no other bids.

Does anybody have an opinion on what the best overall FAAB budget is? I recognize its all relative but it seems like the $100 faab budget tends to stifle activity at the lower end because every dollar bid is effectively twice as much as a similar bid in a 200 faab ww. Seems like with a big FAAB ww like $1000 it keeps Identical bids and thus tiebreakers to a minimum but is that too much? Again I realize its relative but one would think there was still an optimim amount.

Does anybody have an opinion on what the best overall FAAB budget is? I recognize its all relative but it seems like the $100 faab budget tends to stifle activity at the lower end because every dollar bid is effectively twice as much as a similar bid in a 200 faab ww. Seems like with a big FAAB ww like $1000 it keeps Identical bids and thus tiebreakers to a minimum but is that too much? Again I realize its relative but one would think there was still an optimim amount.
Doesn't really matter either way. There aren't many people who bid under 1 dollar, where you might want those smaller increments.

I do, however, sometimes like a league that has 1000, because people tend to be a bit more cheap in them by nature and I can get more players that I want.

I can't say if there is an optimum amount. All the leagues I'm in now use $100 (allowing $0 bids, which there are a fair amount of, so no reduction of lower end bidding). The only league I ever had $1000 budget was one of the high-stakes leagues.

The only time it might make a difference is in a salaried league, where the acquired player's salary is determined by the bid amount. I had one league like that, and the budget was $50. My salaried baseball leagues also have a $50 budget. I think this amount may have come from the 1980's CompuServe leagues that I used as guidelines for the leagues I run now.

A fun variation of the leagues I'm in now: you can trade FAAB, and unused FAAB is rolled over to the next season. Want to spend your whole $100 on Puka? Sure, but the guy who saved up his FAAB for 5 years is going to trounce that bid.....:giggle:

Users who are viewing this thread