What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAAB DISCUSSION- Post your FAAB discussion and results here (1 Viewer)

Does anybody have an opinion on what the best overall FAAB budget is? I recognize its all relative but it seems like the $100 faab budget tends to stifle activity at the lower end because every dollar bid is effectively twice as much as a similar bid in a 200 faab ww. Seems like with a big FAAB ww like $1000 it keeps Identical bids and thus tiebreakers to a minimum but is that too much? Again I realize its relative but one would think there was still an optimim amount.
Doesn't really matter either way. There aren't many people who bid under 1 dollar, where you might want those smaller increments.
Yeah, it’s all the same percentage wise obviously. I do think there’s a psychological element with a $100 budget in that some may not want to throw a dollar down. We have a $200 budget, so a $1 bid feels better I guess.

Hitting myself over the head ...
Had Kupp & Kyle Phillips coming off IR .. so I needed 2 roster spots ... Guess who I dropped? (hint: ARZ & SF RB's)
12 Team 1 QB PPR league
FA Winning Bids out of $200 BB funds

ARZ RB Emari Demercado --> $69
SF RB Jordan Mason --> $27
Chi RB D'onta Foreman --> $30
Ind QB Gardner Minshew --> $43

200 dollar Faab budget normal 1/2ppr 1 flex3 rb leabue
Demercado went for 80 ( 73,71,57)
Somebody dropped Dillon and he went for 67/200 ( 38,26)
dontae forman went for 67.....no other bids. oops
Jeff wilson. probably the steal of the WW at 38 ( 21 11 2 0)
curtis samuel 35 (11 1 0)
salton schultz 18 (0)
gibson 15
garopolo 6 (me a richardson dropper) (0)
:Blake Grupe K NO $1.
Robert Woods 0
Craig Reynold $0.

One of my ffpc leagues, Demarcate went for 930!!!

My home leagues, Osborn went as low as 8 percent and as high has 20 percent (excluding me who went 50 percent like a bozo)

not too exciting in my 12 man this week. KJ osborn for 29% (7% only other bid), demarcado and ingram both went for under 20%. I grabbed logan thomas for 13% (1% other bid)

One of my ffpc leagues, Demarcate went for 930!!!

My home leagues, Osborn went as low as 8 percent and as high has 20 percent (excluding me who went 50 percent like a bozo)
Demercado went for $968 out of $1000 in one of my leagues. I’m not so sure he was worth that. Now watch Ingram start over him when healthy.

Does anybody have an opinion on what the best overall FAAB budget is? I recognize its all relative but it seems like the $100 faab budget tends to stifle activity at the lower end because every dollar bid is effectively twice as much as a similar bid in a 200 faab ww. Seems like with a big FAAB ww like $1000 it keeps Identical bids and thus tiebreakers to a minimum but is that too much? Again I realize its relative but one would think there was still an optimim amount.
Doesn't really matter either way. There aren't many people who bid under 1 dollar, where you might want those smaller increments.
Yeah, it’s all the same percentage wise obviously. I do think there’s a psychological element with a $100 budget in that some may not want to throw a dollar down. We have a $200 budget, so a $1 bid feels better I guess.
See thats what Im thinking as well. I loke somewhere between $200 and $500..... 100 would seem to stifle the lower level bids to me and the huge budgets seem to be overkill to me.

Hitting myself over the head ...
Had Kupp & Kyle Phillips coming off IR .. so I needed 2 roster spots ... Guess who I dropped? (hint: ARZ & SF RB's)
12 Team 1 QB PPR league
FA Winning Bids out of $200 BB funds

ARZ RB Emari Demercado --> $69
SF RB Jordan Mason --> $27
Chi RB D'onta Foreman --> $30
Ind QB Gardner Minshew --> $43
Ive got 3 guys on my roster that I have dropped and subsequently had to pay to get back...... one of them twice lol

Question about waivers process...

How bizarre, or common, is it to have waiver order initially be reverse of draft order and positions change as claims are granted?

For example, Team A is #6 of 12 teams, and makes no claims but the 5 teams in spots #1 through #5 all make claims, resulting in Team A moving into the #1 spot after waivers run. CBS has this as an option.

How bizarre, or common, is it to have waiver order initially be reverse of draft order and positions change as claims are granted?

For example, Team A is #6 of 12 teams, and makes no claims but the 5 teams in spots #1 through #5 all make claims, resulting in Team A moving into the #1 spot after waivers run. CBS has this as an option.
Isn't that somewhat common? It depends on if your waiver priority is based on record or reverse draft order, etc. Most of the leagues I have played in that doesn't do FAAB (which, highly recommend FAAB over straight waiver priority) has done it that way... unless I am missing something.

Its called a tumbler (probably called other things as well) waiver wire and it is quite common and a great way to do it if you dont use FAAB.... I would imagine it is either 1st or 2nd most common waiver wire types.

Isn't that somewhat common? It depends on if your waiver priority is based on record or reverse draft order, etc. Most of the leagues I have played in that doesn't do FAAB (which, highly recommend FAAB over straight waiver priority) has done it that way... unless I am missing something.
Yeah the initial waiver wire order makes sense to go last to first draft spot. Ours was slightly different when we did a tumbler waiver wire because we draw cards to decide draft spots. Didnt seem right to give the first waiver wire spot to the guy who had an earlier option but chose the 12 spot so we went worst to first card drawn to select draft order.

Its called a tumbler (probably called other things as well) waiver wire and it is quite common and a great way to do it if you dont use FAAB.... I would imagine it is either 1st or 2nd most common waiver wire types.
Yes, it's very very common, and I always thought it was called continual rolling waivers. You have to start the season somewhere, so standard is to start with reverse draft order, then you simply drop to the bottom as you make a claim. For example, if it was a 12 team league, team #12 starts with the #1 waiver claim, #11 with the #2, and so on down to team #1 with the #12 claim. Team #12 retains the top claim until they use it, then they drop to the bottom.

Everybody needs rb but I need them less than most. I am planning putting in a bid of 15% on Evans and 10% on Mason ( Mitchell already owned) ONLY if I hear bad news on Cmac. I expect Mason goes for 30% and Evans to go for about the same. Im also putting in a 0$ bid on 3 tight ends Friermuth, Meyer, and Mcbride

SF, IDP (start 7 total IDP) $200 FAAB

Malik Cunningham - $100 (I had him earlier this season and bid zero this week, nobody else bid)

Mason and Reynolds both went for $41 to the same owner, next highest bid on mason was $17, Reynolds $18 (both me)

Tyler Conklin $10, no other bids

James Robinson $2, only bid

Dustin Hopkins $0 (me, bass has had a couple bad weeks but I’ll carry two kickers for a week or two)

Julius Brents $0

Rudy Ford $0 (me, I dropped Isaiah Simmons finally)

Evans went for 25 percent of the original fab in two leagues

Shockingly I got mason for free this morning, not a huge believer but will stash a lotto ticket
Mason went for free in mine as well. Which I was shocked at.

I’m desperate for RB2 as Gus Edwards is my current starter.

I ended up getting Hunt for 17.5%, Evans for 12.5% and Reynolds for 7.5% all in one swoop. Then Mason went for 0% to a guy who blew all his Faab early on.

I was surprised I got all three but I’ll take it because I’m desperate for a dart throw to pan out.

I actually like Mason a lot, but knew I likely wouldn’t start him this week as I couldn’t wait till Monday night if the decision was clear. Had him on waivers but had him ranked 4th out of those other guys for that reason. Never expected to get the other 3 in front of him though… and sort of sad I missed out on him because I think he’s the better talent of the group.

Anybody have a particular strategy that you think gives you an advantage over some of the other owners in your league? For example: The only time I bid zero is when I have 3 or 4 players, like kickers, and really dont care which one I get. I never bid $1 because I see so many 1 dollar winning bids and if its someone I kinda want I always bid $2. I also never bid an even $5 amount. Ive won bids this year by a buck with bids of $6, $26, and $31...... Ive noticed other winning bids like this so Im thinking I might up my bids to $2 over the even amount. Ive noticed this year it seems like there have been a ton of overbids over the 2nd bid too.....like 30-70% over. Its been wild.

Anybody have a particular strategy that you think gives you an advantage over some of the other owners in your league? For example: The only time I bid zero is when I have 3 or 4 players, like kickers, and really dont care which one I get. I never bid $1 because I see so many 1 dollar winning bids and if its someone I kinda want I always bid $2. I also never bid an even $5 amount. Ive won bids this year by a buck with bids of $6, $26, and $31...... Ive noticed other winning bids like this so Im thinking I might up my bids to $2 over the even amount. Ive noticed this year it seems like there have been a ton of overbids over the 2nd bid too.....like 30-70% over. Its been wild.
I think first I'd guess who would want a particular player, because they have a hole in their roster or something. Then I'd look to how had they need it, and then to what their bidding history has been (are they cheap, do they go for broke, how much FAAB do they have left), etc

Then also how badly do I need this particular player

I think first I'd guess who would want a particular player, because they have a hole in their roster or something. Then I'd look to how had they need it, and then to what their bidding history has been (are they cheap, do they go for broke, how much FAAB do they have left), etc

Then also how badly do I need this particular player
Yeah that is basic strategy. I often put in minimal bids on players I do not need in hopes they slide through unnoticed. Every once in awhile it works. Sounds like by the bids posted Mason is one this week with potential value who slipped through the cracks.

$200 budget
Zach Evans went for $71 with bfailed bids of 52 and 38
Mason went for $28 with just 1 other bid of 10
Michael wilson was picked back up for $5
Mayer went for only $2
Only other interesting one was CJ Stroud went for $0 to the only team completely out of faab. There was another 0 bid. I would imagine the 2nd guy is kicking himself for not bidding a buck.

Our 12 team Superflex league (no PK) changed up to 5 IR spots, 3 taxi squad with 27 roster spots. Needless to say the waiver wire rarely has anything of worth. This week I actually spent 40% on Bagent (Fields owner). Probably seems crazy but I'm thinking not a whole lot will be available on the wire the rest of the way and if there is, many teams still have 100% or close to it waiting for a whale to show up. Secret Bagent Man is still a long shot but worth the shot in the dark in Superflex.

Our 12 team Superflex league (no PK) changed up to 5 IR spots, 3 taxi squad with 27 roster spots. Needless to say the waiver wire rarely has anything of worth. This week I actually spent 40% on Bagent (Fields owner). Probably seems crazy but I'm thinking not a whole lot will be available on the wire the rest of the way and if there is, many teams still have 100% or close to it waiting for a whale to show up. Secret Bagent Man is still a long shot but worth the shot in the dark in Superflex.
Its a superflex league with a billion roster spots. I would imagine any and all qbs are rostered . Ive never played in a league nearly that deep but I doubt I would like it because my favorite part of FF after the draft is working the WW.

Im sitting at $112/200, 5th most left in the league' After 2 weeks of doing nothing on the WW and 2 more doing next to nothing my very deep team is now not so deep. Ive lost players due to injury and now Im stuck with a dud TE ( kmet) and 3 wrs who arent nearly as valuable as they once were. I was storing mims for the inevitable Jeudy or Sutton trades that look like they wont happen, Reynolds who is no longer getting the targets he once was, and Watson who cant stay healthy.

so my plan at te is 17% on Kincaid, the sneaky pickup is McBride (who just lost ertz to the IR simillar to Kincaid Im bidding 5% on him and hoping to get him cheap. 8% on both ferguson and Hill, and a 2 dollar bid on Otten and gesecki

roschon Johnson got dropped last week so I will put in a lowball bid of 10% knowing I dont really need rbs

at wr I have: Jayden reed at 12% (only if watson is out 2 weeks or more). DJ Chark 18%, Jaxon Smith Njigma 15%, demerio douglas 2 bucks,
mingo 2 bucks, beckam 2 bucks, Hyatt, 2 bucks

Aubrey, fairbarn, and folk were all dropped last week. I will look at playoff schedules and put a small bid on any and all of them that have a good to great playoff schedule. I have moody who seems to have forgotten how to kick field goals.

Last edited:
I was able to get these 2 for the following, but probably could have gotten them for free after waivers ran:

Pierre Strong: 2% of FAAB - playing the guy who has Ford and Hunt this week, hoping things get muddy in Cleveland and Strong gets all the carries.
Trey McBride: 1% of FAAB - Laporta bye week 9, Ertz going on IR, Kyler coming back, Cards love throwing to TE's - so much to like about this guy

I have a pretty sound team in a league that discourages trading based on keepers, TE is my weak spot, so I did drop 10 percent on McBride, the only real upside guy left I saw there (Kincaid rostered)

I big 17% for Kinkaid but the winner bid 20%. Now I am stuck with Mayer after dropping Musgrave for Charbonnet

Should I drop Mitchell (I have CMC) for TE McBride?

10 team league - 100 dollar budget per team per year:

Downs - $20
Henderson - $40
Stroud - $11 (I grabbed him due to his matchup in week 10 with Hurts on a bye).

I big 17% for Kinkaid but the winner bid 20%. Now I am stuck with Mayer after dropping Musgrave for Charbonnet

Should I drop Mitchell (I have CMC) for TE McBride?
I woyuld drop whowever you were going to drop to get kincaid. Mcbride is a good 2nd option in the exact same position on the team as kincaid. Im bidding for Kincaid tonight but almost hope I cant get him because McBride will be almost free.

I was able to get these 2 for the following, but probably could have gotten them for free after waivers ran:

Pierre Strong: 2% of FAAB - playing the guy who has Ford and Hunt this week, hoping things get muddy in Cleveland and Strong gets all the carries.
Trey McBride: 1% of FAAB - Laporta bye week 9, Ertz going on IR, Kyler coming back, Cards love throwing to TE's - so much to like about this guy
McBride may end up being the key to more than a few FF championships this year for a team set everwhere else (like mine is)

Any FAAB results for Josh Downs? This is redraft league. Our ww runs midnight tonight
This is the person this thread is geared to help the most out so if some of you slacker leagues are just now firuring out downs is valuable help this guy out. Downs was roster week four for 0 dollar bid the same week that williams went down in LAC (guys in my league miss close to nothing. Hoping they miss mcbride tonight.

Im hoping to hear more mcbride news before midninght. I expect most leagues will miss his siutation and I can steal him. I know FBG completely whiffed on him so if they did many many others did as well.

Thanks da_budman, Downs had been rostered but since dropped. This thread has been very helpful. Demario Douglass is also available especially in ppr

I talked to a friend today and without prompting (and going down the list of te's) he would have never found mcbride (and he is ALWAYS on top of the available waiver pickups). I have changed my bid to Mcbride for 3 bucks THEN Kincaid for 32$ Ive convinced mysell mcbride will be close enough to Kincaid that I would rather have the 29 extra faab bucks for later.

I talked to a friend today and without prompting (and going down the list of te's) he would have never found mcbride (and he is ALWAYS on top of the available waiver pickups). I have changed my bid to Mcbride for 3 bucks THEN Kincaid for 32$ Ive convinced mysell mcbride will be close enough to Kincaid that I would rather have the 29 extra faab bucks for later.
ughhhh what a waste of faab;

first of all Kincaid went for 1 buck..... I got McBride fpr 3 bucks with no other bidders.
I spent 27 bucks on chark and 12 bucks on Njibga.... next bids? nada
got fairbarn for 3 bucks with losing bids of 1,0

honestly got everyone I wanted in the order I wanted them but overspent by 43 dollars.
daryl henderson went for 83...next bids were 7 and zero
roschon johnson went for 51 dollars next bids were 2,0

everbody else except someone who way overspent was o dollars, including taysom hill, ferguson , and piere strong. Moral of the story....in a week where there are no bye weeks people just do not spend faab .. You apparently can get some really good steals in my league.....grrrr

Its a sad waiver wire this week, especially given its the close of the trade of the trade deadline. I am bidding 1 buck on douglas and another buck trying to get Kmet back for the 3rd time.

FAAB Bids
  • Dobbs $50 (Rodgers owner, think he has 5 QBs now lol)
  • Levis $2 (Cousins owner)
  • McManus $2 (K on a bye? oh wait, that's me ,yeah I'm a dork, he's my ROS guy)
  • 5 other $0 claims presumably to fill bye weeks
Early Bird Freebies after waivers ran
(I always take note of these, love the level of effort to do this before they shower & rejoin the rat race hehe)
  • Baker Mayfield (see above - Rodgers owner needs a 1 week filler....Lawrence/Purdy - the original replacement for AR - are both on a bye; still has the NYJ QB on IR)
  • Gardner Minshew (Hurts owner had no backup, grabbing the bye week filler early)
  • couple of churn moves to pickp Johnston & Shakir

Users who are viewing this thread