What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Fake Scarcity Mixtape Draft #1: Tuesday picks 12 & 4PM EDT (1 Viewer)

Of course artists picked in one category are still eligible in others. This is a nerd draft, not a masochist draft.

If you want to be hardcore though go for it, just don't expect everybody else to jump in your mosh pit.
It isn't that hard - I did it in the 80s draft and this draft isn't restricted to a decade

1 . 6 --- timschochet

1 . 7 --- Mr Ected

1 . 8 --- sn0mm1s

1 . 9 --- The Dreaded Marco

1 . 10 --- GrOOvus

1 . 11 --- Mister CIA

1 . 12 --- simey
Tim took a Kinks song.

Thought of this song since it qualified for the first 3 categories at the same time. I am going to go with solo artist that wasn't nearly as popular as the band - though this could work for numbers or female artist:

Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen so, I guess the Fleetwood Mac band members are off the board in the solo artist category.

Thought of this song since it qualified for the first 3 categories at the same time. I am going to go with solo artist that wasn't nearly as popular as the band - though this could work for numbers or female artist:

Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen so, I guess the Fleetwood Mac band members are off the board in the solo artist category.
Maybe debatable that Stevie wasn't nearly as popular solo as Fleetwood Mac, but then again Rumours alone has well outsold all of Stevie's collection.

Maybe debatable that Stevie wasn't nearly as popular solo as Fleetwood Mac, but then again Rumours alone has well outsold all of Stevie's collection.
That was my thought process. She had a successful solo career but Fleetwood Mac is leaps and bounds more popular.

The solo: is there an amt of time that qualifies for a solo, and does it have to be the only instrument heard?

Last edited by a moderator:
1.09 Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection (instrument solo - guitar)
didn't we already have a guitar solo (hendrix)?
Doubling up is allowed in instrumental solos. Guitars are now off the board.

The only other category that allows multiple picks is months (x2) and days of the week (x3)
Are Bass Guitars a separate instrument?
Not the same instrument.
Cool, saw "Guitars are now off the board." and was a bit concerned. THX.

The solo: is there an amt of time that qualifies for a solo, and does it have to be the only instrument heard?
Me, I'm just gonna go by this, from the second post:

Pick (1) song with an instrumental solo. No need to study music theory for a definition, any section of a song without lyrics is good enough. Scarcity twist: the instrument comes off the board when selected. All instruments are eligible but if you pick a guitar solo, it better be damned good. Saxophones are count as multiple instruments (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone) but all synths count as one instrument. All instruments can be chosen twice.

Now then ... length of solo is a little harder to e precise about. To me, it's more of a "feel" thing than a set number of seconds. Has to "feel" like more than a few bars worth of fill. How much time does it take to do a legitimate showcase of an instrument, even a brief showcase? Not easy to pin down.

No time minimum. If you wanted to pick the opening guitar riff of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", you wouldn't have gotten an argument from me.

Mister CIA has been PMed.

Two hour daytime clock starting at pick 2.01.

Voluntary autoskip list: Binky the Doormat, Hov34, Ilove80s

1 . 12 --- simey

1 . 13 --- hagmania

1 . 14 --- Ilov80s

1 . 15 --- JuddZilla

1 . 16 --- Mrs Rannous

1 . 17 --- El Floppo

1 . 18 --- NV

1 . 19 --- Zamboni

1 . 20 --- Eephus

1 . 21 --- Hov34

Round 1) 4th Of July - Soundgarden

Pick (1) song _TITLE_ containing a month of the year (each month eligible twice) or a day of the week (each day eligible x 3). Don't try to get cute with May as a verb. Scarcity twist: the month or day comes off the board when selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, I'm just gonna go by this, from the second post:

Pick (1) song with an instrumental solo. No need to study music theory for a definition, any section of a song without lyrics is good enough. Scarcity twist: the instrument comes off the board when selected. All instruments are eligible but if you pick a guitar solo, it better be damned good. Saxophones are count as multiple instruments (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone) but all synths count as one instrument. All instruments can be chosen twice.

Now then ... length of solo is a little harder to e precise about. To me, it's more of a "feel" thing than a set number of seconds. Has to "feel" like more than a few bars worth of fill. How much time does it take to do a legitimate showcase of an instrument, even a brief showcase? Not easy to pin down.
Damn reading comprehension

Now, since it is a category in this draft, there ARE actually songs that mention specific sports teams, right? Or is this a late April Fools joke from eephus? :oldunsure:

Now, since it is a category in this draft, there ARE actually songs that mention specific sports teams, right? Or is this a late April Fools joke from eephus? :oldunsure:
I think it means if a song has the word "Canadiens" in the title, it counts. The song doesn't have to be about hockey.

Users who are viewing this thread