What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Falcons vs Cowboys - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

not blaming the coach for that one. If you have to teach this simple rule to your bonehead players, it's on the GM for giving the coach boneheads to work with
I completely lay the blame at the coaches feet. In todays NFL with how the rules are always changing? Absolutely this is on the coach.

I completely lay the blame at the coaches feet. In todays NFL with how the rules are always changing? Absolutely this is on the coach.
Special teams coach for sure. He’s gotta let them all know. Nobody had the balls to jump on it early. I guess they didn’t wanna be that guy who touched it but didn’t keep it. I dunno. 

How in the world does....this thread have less than two full pages?  Interest in football must be down this year. 
Honestly I believe it is, on FF front, I know I had 2 leagues cancelled. One was cause it was suppose to be in person and couldn't find a place and the other was the league didn't want afec game being cancelled.

In terms of viewing, people have def stopped watching. Some for kneeling and some for other reasons. Wasn't the ratings done from week 1 last year to this year?

Honestly I believe it is, on FF front, I know I had 2 leagues cancelled. One was cause it was suppose to be in person and couldn't find a place and the other was the league didn't want afec game being cancelled.

In terms of viewing, people have def stopped watching. Some for kneeling and some for other reasons. Wasn't the ratings done from week 1 last year to this year?
Yeah there were big does in the ratings.  Something like 16-20% across the mshiny games (tnf,and,mnf). It's hard too say if that is because of the social platform messages, Covid, other sports bring played, etc. I kind of think it's down and legitimate because any of these things that would bring the ratings down should have been offset by the fact that people have been without sports for a while and seemingly want something.  

Several teams in the NFL are really stupid and set up their onsides recovery so everyone blocks except one guy who fields the kick.  I guess the idea is they don't want one of the up front guys muffing it so they have those guys block and try to make it easier for the main fielder.

It's a terrible stupid way to do it.  The front guys not going after the ball is about the only way an onsider can be recovered anymore.

The Saints field it the same way and that's what happened in the game where they gave up two onside kick recoveries (ironically against the Falcons, if I recall).  Same thing both times the upman could have easily fielded it but avoided it instead.
Post here when TEAMS do something stupid

I heard earlier today about the Cowboys recovering an onside kick but just now saw the replay. That was incredibly stupid.

Watching the replay...

This is an absolutely fantastic onside kick by Zuerlein.

he kicked it far enough to go the ten yds, yet slow enough for Cowboys to position themselves in front of the ball.  
the guy who recovered the ball hovers over it, which really limits the Falcons’ chances to attack the ball.

coaching wise, I am guessing the recovery team is told not to contact the ball before it goes ten yards because it is not a live ball until they touch it. 

This is just a fantastic onsides kick

Users who are viewing this thread