What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite 31 Songs by US Artists According to a Bunch of Middle-Aged Dummies (1 Viewer)

#14s
Recognized by title alone: 18
Sounded familiar: 5
Didn't know: 12

Selected Favorites:
Sinnerman (Nina Simone)
She Talks to Angels (The Black Crowes)
(I Know) I’m Losing You (Binky)
Jack and Jill (Doug B)

Songs I didn't know that I ended up liking:
Lazy Eye (shuke/Hov34)
Black Myself (DrIanMalcolm)
Neither One of Us (Eephus)

rockaction:

House Of Jealous Lovers - The Rapture
(new artist)

I watched Meet Me in the Bathroom this weekend. It's a recent documentary about the short-lived NYC music scene of the early 2000s. There was a segment about the recording of this song with The Rapture and James Murphy each giving their version of the story.

The era doesn't signify as much to me personally as it does for some of you younger folk, but It's a fine documentary that benefits greatly from the availability of cheap video cameras at the time.
I should check that out. It overlaps with my Lost Years and I was in NYC all the damn time then.

scorchy's Drive-By Truckers song is from the album with the supporting tour for which OH's band was an opening act. I didn't know him at the time. Every time the Drive-By Truckers come up, though, he talks about how much they drank. Great guys according to him, but always followed by "but damn could they drink." A fistfight involving the band broke out at one of the shows. :lol:

We saw the DBT's right at the end of this tour in Jan 2003. It would definitely rank in my top 31 shows.
I smell another countdown topic…

scorchy's Drive-By Truckers song is from the album with the supporting tour for which OH's band was an opening act. I didn't know him at the time. Every time the Drive-By Truckers come up, though, he talks about how much they drank. Great guys according to him, but always followed by "but damn could they drink." A fistfight involving the band broke out at one of the shows. :lol:

We saw the DBT's right at the end of this tour in Jan 2003. It would definitely rank in my top 31 shows.
I smell another countdown topic…
Only if you count TV shows, some of us haven't been as fortunate getting to see acts live...

MD/NCSU in whatever they are calling that Bowl game in Charlotte these days. You up for a friendly wager? The twist is that I get NC State and you have to take the Terps.

It is the Duke's Mayo bowl (I think). I'm not taking those turtles. I wonder which QB NC State is going to use. When they played (and beat) UNC in their last game, they had to play their 4th string QB. He did well. The starter had a season ending injury against FSU, but I'm not sure what the injuries were for QB #2 and #3. @Just Win Baby might know.

1st string QB Leary (preseason ACC POY) lost for the season to an injury in game 6. 2nd string QB Chambers finished the game and led State to a win over FSU.
2nd string QB Chambers started games 7-8, but was replaced in game 8 while losing by 3rd string QB Morris, who led State to a win over Virginia Tech.
3rd string QB Morris started games 9-10, but was hurt in game 10.
4th string QB Finley (brother of former State and Cincinnati Bengals QB Ryan Finley) started games 11-12 due to Morris's injury.

This season, State has had 4 different QBs start in wins, and 4 different QBs finish in wins, though not always same QB starting and finishing. Pretty rare situation there.

Leary, who was generally expected to be a possible first round NFL draft pick in 2023 when the season started, has announced he will enter the transfer portal... and Chambers was a graduate transfer walk-on... so Morris and Finley are the QBs of the near term future at State. That starts with the Mayo Bowl.

I don't think anything has been clearly reported about Morris's injury, which has been characterized as a "lower body injury." It seems I read or heard somewhere that it was a knee injury, but perhaps not major, maybe a sprain? If healthy, I assume Morris will start.

Related, State's OC has been hired as the new head coach at Coastal Carolina, so State will have a different OC for the bowl game.

I will happily submit 12 Billy Joel songs if I can get in on the action...

Last edited:
Bruce Springsteen
Bob Dylan
Stevie Wonder
Tom Petty
The Allman Brothers Band
Prince

LET'S DO ANOTHER CHARITY CONTEST!

Above are the six artists chosen in the original contest, who I've confirmed all made the top 10.

Who are the other four?

Send me a PM with your guesses for these four, and I'll award another $100 to the charity of choice for whoever guesses the most correctly. Tiebreaker: tell me which of your four you believe will rank most highly (first tiebreaker) and what # you think they will be (second tiebreaker).

DEADLINE: 11:59 pm PST on Monday, December 5.

Bump for the contest!

Bumping again. Sheesh, I think I only have 5-6 entries. This is free and easy and money goes to charity. Get in on it! :)

So far the most anyone has correct is two of four.

Bruce Springsteen
Bob Dylan
Stevie Wonder
Tom Petty
The Allman Brothers Band
Prince

Above are the six artists chosen in the original contest, who I've confirmed all made the top 10.

Who are the other four?

Send me a PM with your guesses for these four, and I'll award another $100 to the charity of choice for whoever guesses the most correctly. Tiebreaker: tell me which of your four you believe will rank most highly (first tiebreaker) and what # you think they will be (second tiebreaker).

Bump for the contest!

Bumping again. Sheesh, I think I only have 5-6 entries. This is free and easy and money goes to charity. Get in on it! :)

It would be good shtick if one of the answers was Billy Joel.

Bruce Springsteen
Bob Dylan
Stevie Wonder
Tom Petty
The Allman Brothers Band
Prince

Who are the other four?

Bump for the contest!

I guess I didn't understand what you meant by the top 10. Just that you added up all the votes/songs, and made a list of the 10 most picked artists?

I didn't have room for Chicago on my list but I wanted to see them on the countdown because they were extremely talented and sustained tremendous mainstream success without hiding their talent (until after Terry Kath died). 25 or 6 to 4 is probably my #1 from them on most days.
I am very surprised it took til me at #11 for them to make an appearance. I spent way too much time debating with myself about 15-31, but took maybe 10 minutes to figure out my top 14 - combination songs and artists. I spent a lot of time creating the order, but my final 14 was the exact same as the first draft. In this case the no doubt aspect was the song - I randomly search for different live versions of this once every few weeks/months. While I never got to experience it live I imagine it's akin to Pearl Jam's Porch in which each rendition is a little different from every one prior. It's always memorable, but also just whatever they're feeling at that moment - as any great piece of jam music should be.

neal cassady:

Marquee Moon - Television
(duplicate – fourth vote)

This was probably already going to win my vote for biggest surprise song of the entire thing - never heard it before this countdown and to see it gets 4 votes is fairly surprising to me. Maybe something else will overtake it but I doubt it as we get in to the top 10.
Same here. A month or so ago, an online trivia league that I'm part of had the band "Television" as an answer for a trivia question -- I got it wrong then, but wish I had that question back now.
Echo.

Never heard of it this time November. Now I can name that tune in one note.

MD/NCSU in whatever they are calling that Bowl game in Charlotte these days. You up for a friendly wager? The twist is that I get NC State and you have to take the Terps.

It is the Duke's Mayo bowl (I think). I'm not taking those turtles. I wonder which QB NC State is going to use. When they played (and beat) UNC in their last game, they had to play their 4th string QB. He did well. The starter had a season ending injury against FSU, but I'm not sure what the injuries were for QB #2 and #3. @Just Win Baby might know.

1st string QB Leary (preseason ACC POY) lost for the season to an injury in game 6. 2nd string QB Chambers finished the game and led State to a win over FSU.
2nd string QB Chambers started in game 8 vs. Virginia Tech, but was replaced while losing by 3rd string QB Morris, who led State to a win.
3rd string QB Morris started games 9-10, but was hurt in game 10.
4th string QB Finley (brother of former State and Cincinnati Bengals QB Ryan Finley) started games 11-12 due to Morris's injury.

State has had 4 different QBs start in wins this season. Pretty rare situation there.

Leary, who was generally expected to be a possible first round NFL draft pick in 2023 when the season started, has announced he will enter the transfer portal... and Chambers was a graduate transfer walk-on... so Morris and Finley are the QBs of the near term future at State. That starts with the Mayo Bowl.

I don't think anything has been clearly reported about Morris's injury, which has been characterized as a "lower body injury." It seems I read or heard somewhere that it was a knee injury, but perhaps not major, maybe a sprain? If healthy, I assume Morris will start.

Related, State's OC has been hired as the new head coach at Coastal Carolina, so State will have a different OC for the bowl game.

I will happily submit 12 Billy Joel songs if I can get in on the action...

Philip Rivers, Frank Reich, Esiason and Randy White
Len Bias, Terps and Pack, Old ACC ain't comin' back
Jimmy V and Lefty D, Skywalker hurt his knee
Dukes's Mayo, Charlotte Bowl, I can't take it anymore

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning, since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

Sorry for the thunder stealing last round, @Manster

Best new to me: One Big Holiday
Thanks for bringing them back into my life: It's Too Late and I Wish
Random comments that may only be applicable to me (and karma + rock): while they didn't make the medal stand Midnight Show and Electric Relaxation were very pleasant surprises
Bronze: I Walk The Line - bout damn time! (says a guy that didn't rank any Johnny) Just cruel that it popped up for the first time in the same batch as Cut You Down
Silver: Blister In The Sun - don't remember if this made it to the bubble or not, but if it didn't it is one of the first outside of it. Such a fun track.
Gold: Edge Of Seventeen - I am so ****ing stupid. It didn't even occur to me to vet solo Fleetwood Mac.

Again, a lot of good stuff today.

@rockaction : The Killers - Midnight Show I said earlier that The Killers were a whiff. Also a pleasant surprise in song choice from the album.
@Pip's Invitation : My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday Another band that didn't occur to me. This is also a great reminder that I need to listen to them more.
@landrys hat : Bob Dylan - Visions of Johanna Props for taking one of the very few Dylan songs I can tolerate, let a alone love like this one.
@krista4 : Prince - The Beautiful Ones I listened to the album while I was making my list for, and the non-typical hits really stood out to me. Especially this song and the transition to Computer Blue. My pick if I took one would have been Baby I'm A Star.

A lot in the "never get old" category that I haven't called out yet: Waiting Room, It's Too Late, Alex Chilton, and Fortunate Son

I love the living hell out of the Doors and if you love, like or even just have a passing interest in the Doors, I don't beg people to do anything too often but I must beg you to please take 10 minutes out of your life and enjoy Ray Manzarek discuss how Riders On The Storm came to be. I love the hell out of this thread but let me be perfectly, 100% honest here. I don't have 31 favorite songs. I have like a billion favorite songs. I honest to God, pretty much, picked most of my songs because I just wanted to share some songs I love and learn about what other people are into. I picked Riders of the Storm, specifically, so that I could post Ray Manzarek discussing his perception on how that song came to be. I didn't think it would make a hell of a lot sense to just plop it in here randomly so I definitely had that little video in mind when I picked that song. I've watched it at least a dozen times because Ray Manzarek was almost as amazing a keyboard player as he was a story teller. Even if just one person enjoys it, I've done my job!

Last edited:
I haven't had time to listen to the playlist yet, so I'll just shout out my favorites I already know. Setting aside the artists that I previously indicated automatically get a star, of course I love the two Johnny Cash picks plus "25 or 6 to 4" and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." My special call-out of the day is for "Alex Chilton," a song by a band I love about another artist whom I love much, much more. :)

Props to krista for picking "The Beautiful Ones".

The hardest thing about making the list was choosing an entry from artists like The Artist who have insanely deep catalogs. I mulled over a bunch of Prince songs before going pretty chalky with my selection. Most of them were dancey or on the rockin' side but I don't think any were babymakers like krista's pick. Prince was a man of many talents but few ever did a better #### ballad.

Pip’s Invitation:

One Big Holiday - My Morning Jacket
(new artist)

The origin story of my history with this song is kind of similar to my history with Race for the Prize, except that it involved a concert instead of a studio album.

On Halloween 2002, I saw Beck and the Flaming Lips at the Beacon Theatre in NYC. On each seat was a promo CD from ATO Records. The next day, I listened to it and one track struck me immediately: a live version of The Way That He Sings by My Morning Jacket. I remembered that one of my friends had mentioned the band to me, so I let him know how impressed I was, and he burned me a CD of their then-most-recent album, At Dawn. He also told me I absolutely needed to see them live when I got a chance. (This is the guy who saw them at the tiny Khyber Pass Pub, in an anecdote I mentioned earlier in this thread.)

We went to see them the next time they played Philly, at the Theatre of Living Arts. I remember the date, May 2, 2003, because it was 10 years to the day after my first Phish show*. And they were FIRE. It was like seeing the Allman Brothers fused with Neil Young and Crazy Horse**, which is pretty much everything I look for in a live experience. They were absolutely relentless without being overbearing, and I was all-in right then and there. But the one song that hit me the hardest was one that was not on At Dawn. It began with frenzied trilling and totally took off from there, worthy of the very biggest arena-rock acts but being played in a 1,000-capacity theater. If they play their cards right, I thought, this song is going to be legendary. Not until a few months later when their new album, It Still Moves, came out, did I learn its name: One Big Holiday.

In a rare occasion of a correct decision by a record company promoting a young band, ATO released One Big Holiday to radio and it boosted the band's profile immensely, setting the stage for their breakthrough album, Z, two years later. One Big Holiday is still the closest thing they have to a signature song and has been a staple of their live sets since 2003, often closing the show. They have even named their Mexican "destination concert event" after it.

(* I did not see any shows on May 2, 2013 because of parental inertia, my son had just turned 2. If anyone has any suggestions for who I could see on May 2, 2023, hit me up.)

(** It Still Moves has a song called Run Thru that reminds me a lot of Cortez the Killer. Setlist.com does not show that it was played on this night, but it mentions the setlist is incomplete.)

Last edited:
@rockaction : The Killers - Midnight Show I said earlier that The Killers were a whiff. Also a pleasant surprise in song choice from the album.

Thanks. It's always been attached to a time in my life that I don't need to go into, but it fits perfectly. In the end, it's about a girl. And driving. And murder, which I just found out. I always thought it was metaphorical. I could particularly relate to the feeling of being so gone on someone that it turns into some sort of world conquest of sorts. Some sort of apocalyptic or all-consuming event that ends terribly. It was a great tune for me in '05.

Bumping again. Sheesh, I think I only have 5-6 entries.

I know it's free, and for a good cause, but I gotta tell you I'm totally shuked. I can never predict this group very well. I'm always a bit surprised by how AOR it is.

I began to draw blanks after coming up with one or two gentleman I think will be there.

Bumping again. Sheesh, I think I only have 5-6 entries.

I know it's free, and for a good cause, but I gotta tell you I'm totally shuked. I can never predict this group very well. I'm always a bit surprised by how AOR it is.

I began to draw blanks after coming up with one or two gentleman I think will be there.

I understand. I would not have done well in these contests at all.

Might as well give it a shot. I'm not going to post everyone's guesses, so no embarrassment possible. :lol:

I have received several more guesses now. :) Still holding at two correct as the high score, though as a whole among the group of entries, all four have been correctly guessed.

Uruk-Hai:

Bootzilla - Bootsy Collins
So.........this freaking thing.

Bootsy and his brother Catfish (& others) had the great fortune to get hired to be in James Brown's band in the early 70s after Brown fired the entire previous (great) band because they b1tched that he was ripping them off (narrator: they were right). They became known as the J.B.s and were one of the hottest bands of the era.

Bootsy and his brother Catfish also had the great misfortune of deciding to drop acid before a concert when they got a little too cocky (James was also ripping THEM off and was basically the soul version of Vince Lombardi at that point). Collins said his arms turned into snakes on stage. James fired them.

After - and I can't even imagine this happening, but would pay a year's salary to see it - turning down an offer to join The Spinners (WTF???), Bootsy was a bit adrift. So who swooped in to the rescue? Only the most stable person in rock history - George Clinton!!!!

JFC, to go from a Marine Drill Sgt to someone who made someone like Jim Morrison LOOK like a Marine Drill Sgt in comparison. And he passed on Thom Bell (probably a wise move, because Bootsy singing lead on "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" may not have turned out as well as it did without him).

Anyway, Collins got his sea legs under him. He became a superb bassist and wrote some of the greatest songs of the '70s, including "Flashlight" (which has NO bass guitar in it and is probably Parliament's most well-known record).

He also got his own spinoff group - Bootsy's Rubber Band - with Catfish and Mudbone Cooper (and every other person in the P Funk orbit). Bootsy's LPs in the 70s were funky and even funnier than George's (George didn't give a damn). He outdid Pink Floyd with "Munchies For Your Love". He outdid the Isley's bedroom ballads with "What's A Telephone Bill". He outdid the punks with "Roto Rooter", a song so crazy I didn't have the gonads to post it here. He released an album in the early '80s called Ultra Wave which skewered New Wave so perfectly that, while also loving that music, sank like a stone.

Then there was this one. It's almost got too many hooks in it. There are quadruple-entendres. The time changes shouldn't work, but damned if they don't. There's not a lot of Bootsy's Space Bass here. He's gone wild with his vocal line - not exactly "singing" - and Mudbone is doing all of those high-register inserts. The horns are doing Glenn Miller/Duke Ellington stuff.

I doubt many will like this - and that's great! - but I had to have it on my list. Ranking it was the hardest. I was 16 and driving when it hit and it packs a ton of memories to me.

Teddy Bears and Barbie Dolls don't boogie down.
We like it. It's Bootsy- what's not to like?

Favorite new-to-me of today:
Touch the Sky -- Black Pumas (Hawks64). Wow. Incredibly soulful and well-arranged. Looks like their album got a bunch of accolades, I'll have to check it out at some point.
God's Gonna Cut You Down -- Johnny Cash (Mrs. Rannous). Johnny doing Johnny things.
Bootzilla -- Bootsy Collins (Uruk-Hai). It's bonkers but it works. It helps to be familiar with the P-Funk template.

Uruk-Hai:

Bootzilla - Bootsy Collins
Turning down an offer to join The Spinners (WTF???), Bootsy was a bit adrift. So who swooped in to the rescue? Only the most stable person in rock history - George Clinton!!!!

JFC, to go from a Marine Drill Sgt to someone who made someone like Jim Morrison LOOK like a Marine Drill Sgt in comparison. And he passed on Thom Bell (probably a wise move, because Bootsy singing lead on "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" may not have turned out as well as it did without him).
Thinking more about this:

When the Spinners had that vacancy, they had had only one national hit, this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDFFHLrzTDM

It had to be performed in their live sets. And it's a VERY difficult task for the lead singer. G.C. Cameron displayed insane range on that song, including some very hard-to-reach notes (see 2:24 of that clip). And then he left the group. So they needed someone with ridiculous range who could perform it as well as Cameron. And as wild as Bootsy's voice is, he has that range. And so, of course, did Philippe Wynne.

There was a segment about the recording of this song with The Rapture and James Murphy each giving their version of the story.

Tried to stream tonight, but it looks like I'll be waiting until February 24th, which is when it gets off of Showtime or the Premiums. You didn't catch it on Netflix, did you?

neal cassady:

Marquee Moon - Television

This was probably already going to win my vote for biggest surprise song of the entire thing - never heard it before this countdown and to see it gets 4 votes is fairly surprising to me. Maybe something else will overtake it but I doubt it as we get in to the top 10.
Think of it this way: Marquee Moon is the Stairway to Heaven of indie rock.

Getting Triskadecaphonic in here! Or some better pun.

#13s
Recognized by title alone: 19
Sounded familiar: 2
Didn't know: 15

Selected Favorites:
Shine - (Mrs. Rannous)- Hadn’t heard this version, but definitely know the original well.
Uncle John’s Band (Dr. Octopus)
Hungry Eyes (ditkaburgers)
Let’s Stay Together (krista4) - This clashed with China Grove at 22 and (barely) lost there, so let me include it this time.

Songs I didn't know that I ended up liking:
Carry Me Ohio (shuke)
The Silence (MAC_32)
I Got Mine (Hov34)
Motion Sickness (KarmaPolice)

Touch the Sky -- Black Pumas (Hawks64). Wow. Incredibly soulful and well-arranged. Looks like their album got a bunch of accolades, I'll have to check it out at some point.
I think you would like them a lot.

I actually got sniped in a draft here on a Pumas song. I waited and waited to take it because I didn't think it would be on anyone's radar. Cosjobs, I think, is the drafter who made me pay for that strategy. It wasn't this one. It was "Colors", which seemed to be their biggest radio hit. XPN played the hell out of it when it was new. I bet you'd know it if you heard it.

I guess I should have switched to Spotify for my podcasts long ago, as so far it's been a good way to stop listening to them so much and listen to more music. I think it's clunky on Spotify, which it why I wasn't using it, but there were a few that were only on that platform. Also instead of 50 subs of movie podcasts, I trimmed it down to about 10 regulars and added in 10+ music podcasts like Bandsplain to keep up interest in music as well.

Anyway, none of that is particularly interesting or relating to this, but I did find myself this week going through a few bands albums. I relistened to Radiohead's albums, did a handful from The Killers, and am now 3 albums deep going through R.E.M.'s history. I think I've only listened to a couple episodes of podcasts this week.

It had to be performed in their live sets. And it's a VERY difficult task for the lead singer. G.C. Cameron displayed insane range on that song, including some very hard-to-reach notes (see 2:24 of that clip). And then he left the group. So they needed someone with ridiculous range who could perform it as well as Cameron. And as wild as Bootsy's voice is, he has that range. And so, of course, did Philippe Wynne.
I've never heard Bootsy sing in falsetto, but his voice was elastic (he was in the Rubber Band, after all) so maybe :lol:

I'm probably really wrong on this, but my impression is that most people think Wynne was the lead on all of their hits (until he left the Spinners to smoke dope with George Clinton). Out in the wild, whenever I have mentioned the Spinners, the most common response is some form of "that Philippe Wynne was a great singer".

I've told this story of meeting Collins several times here over the years, so apologies for those who have read it before.

One of my best friends growing up was a fantastic musician. He was one of those guys who could play any instrument better than you could (not Leroy Battle I wrote about way back in this thread, but another and several shades fairer of skin than Leroy). He's the one who got me into P Funk in the first place. Anyway, he worked his way into a spinoff band called the Bomb Squad - not THAT Bomb Squad - that was mostly made up of P Funk roadies and understudies. My friend played keyboards. So whenever the mob would come through D.C., he get backstage passes for friends. I went twice.

I did a crap-ton of drugs back in those days, so - other than being a skinny white kid - I fit right in behind that stage. The first time, I was so messed up that Bootsy talked me down off of whatever paranoid high I was on (some of it was angel dust - that smell is unique). He was running straight then (not sure how long it lasted) and just spoke to me until I got half-way right. It probably lasted all of maybe 10 minutes, but it felt like an hour.

The second time, I had wised up a little and didn't do everything someone gave me to smoke or snort. It was maybe a year after the show I mentioned above. I'm pretty sure he didn't remember me - why would he? - but he was cool (& I was able to understand spoken words this time). I know I asked him about some of his records. Sly Stone was supposed to come out of the Mothership that show, but was a wee bit "under the weather" (I saw him briefly and he was a mess). Oh, and I had a meet-nasty with one of the Parlets.

@falguy can you put that spreadsheet in your post on the first page please? I'm interested to see how many of the chosen artists I've seen live.

Can't remember who posted the Swearin' song, but I listened to the album last night and really liked it. That female's voice sounds very familiar but can't place it.

@falguy can you put that spreadsheet in your post on the first page please? I'm interested to see how many of the chosen artists I've seen live.

It's in the OP

Can't remember who posted the Swearin' song, but I listened to the album last night and really liked it. That female's voice sounds very familiar but can't place it.
That was me.

If you are familiar with Waxahatchee, that is her sister.

Eta: they were also in a band or two together, I believe. P.S. Eliot I believe was one?

Last edited:
Just finished yesterday's playlist. Starting to have more songs I recognize. Many great songs for me in yesterday's list

Known
simey: Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight and the Pips
Yankee23Fan: I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
Val Rannous: Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
MAC_32: 25 or 6 to 4 – Chicago
Eephus: I Wish - Stevie Wonder (didn't know this song by name but when it came on, oh yeah.)
Zegras11: Superstar - Carpenters (Karen's voice is perfect)

There are others I could have added but had to cut it off somewhere.

IN the Knew to me category I absolutely loved these ones

@Just Win Baby : A Pirate Looks at Forty - Jimmy Buffett
@Hawks64 : Touch The Sky - Black Pumas
@Hov34 : The Difficult Kind - Sheryl Crow

Number 10:

krista4:

Return of the Grievous Angel – Gram Parsons
(duplicate – third vote)

Just Win Baby:

The Man Who Sold the World (1995), from MTV Unplugged in New York - Nirvana
(new song)

simey:

Gentle on My Mind - Glen Campbell
(new song)

scorchy:

Time to Pretend – MGMT
(new artist)

neal cassady:

Golden Lady - Stevie Wonder
(new song)

Uruk-Hai:

Until You Came Along - Golden Smog
(new artist)

Yankee23Fan:

American Girl - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
(duplicate - third vote)

Manster:

The Woman in You - Ben Harper
(new artist)

shuke:

At Least That's What You Said - Wilco
(new song)

rockaction:

The Rat - The Walkmen
(new artist)

Mrs. Rannous:

Veracruz - Warren Zevon
(new song)

New Binky the Doormat:

No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
(new artist)

Pip’s Invitation:

Papa Was a Rollin' Stone - The Temptations
(new song)

Dr. Octopus:

Mama Tried – Merle Haggard
(duplicate - second vote)

Val Rannous:

Paper in Fire - John Mellencamp

Chaz McNulty:

Sabotage - Beastie Boys

Don Quixote:

Be My Baby - The Ronettes
(duplicate – second vote)

Sullie:

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
(new song)

jwb:

Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground

DrIanMalcolm:

10th Avenue Freeze-Out, Bruce Springsteen
(new song)

Hawks64:

New Light - John Mayer
(new artist)

MAC_32:

In The Ghetto - Elvis Presley
(new song)

falguy:

The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel
(new song)

(@falguy , I have previously listed them at least sometimes as "Simon and Garfunkel," but I noted today that the ampersand is correct instead)

simsarge:

Ticket To Ride - Carpenters
(new song)

worrierking:

Born on the Bayou - Creedence Clearwater Revival
(new song)

Eephus:

Simple Twist of Fate - Bob Dylan

Hov34:

That's How Strong My Love Is - Otis Redding
(new song)

ditkaburgers:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
(duplicate – third AND fourth votes today!)

AAABatteries:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

landryshat:

Maybe the People Would Be the Times or Between Clark and Hilldale - Love
(new song)

Zegras11:

Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Öyster Cult

(@falguy , umlaut warning)

Ilov80s:

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
(new song)

Oliver Humanzee:

The Ballad of El Goodo - Big Star
(new song)

The Dreaded Marco:

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
(new song)

Doug B:

Can't Get There from Here - R.E.M.
(new song)

KarmaPolice:

Precious Stones - Mastodon
(new artist)

Last edited:
@Pip's Invitation should be happy with the Deja Vote today, since he took "Smells Like Teen ,Spirit" in the charity contest!

I got a smile out of seeing "Golden Lady" immediately followed by a song from Golden Smog, which I should note to @Eephus is the supergroup, as opposed to Smog, which is Bill Callahan.

OH and I got our fourth duplicate song with my pick of "Return of the Grievous Angel," which he had yesterday, and anyone who reads my posts, which is no one, knows we'll get another with the song he chose today, "The Ballad of El Goodo." (Pip, the latter is the one I was really surprised to see on his list!) And the Rannouses also got another duplicate as Val chooses "Paper in Fire," which Mrs. R had in a prior round.

Users who are viewing this thread