What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre will play this year! (1 Viewer)

Why do people still care? He's not winning a SB with the Vikings. Hell, it's like clockwork. For the past decade plus he eventually falls apart in a big game and forces bad passes that end seasons. I basically called it before last season when saying the Vikings would obviously be better but in a big playoff game when he's broken down and his mind is flustered against a good defense he'd fall apart, and that's exactly what happened. And that's exactly what will happen this season if he plays.
LOL, do you remember the game last year against New Orleans? Favre was the least of the issues that the team had in that game. To put the majority of blame on Favre in that game is laughable. The team folded, all of them, some more than others, Favre not so much as people would like to point out though.
:rolleyes: AP's fumbling was making him a liability in that game. Not to mention Harvin and Berrian coughing the ball up. Favre tried to make a play at the end and failed but others failed long before that play.
How about the other INT?Look, I agree, the fumbles were a bigger problem than Favre, but he is not off the hook for the 2 big INTs.

Sweet Love said:
A friend just sent this to me.

I will be the FIRST to say that I liken Deadspin to the National Enquirer, but sometimes they get a thing right or two even now and then. This is about another "text" that I find is very interesting it is coming out a day after he says "he is done"...

Mods: If this is not kosher for the boards, feel free to delete.

From what I was sent:

Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her (being a Jets sideline reporter), he's masturbating — while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference.

http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-on...ot-a-love-story
where are the photos of Favre showing his schlong?
:rolleyes:

Who posted in: Favre won't play this year?

Poster Posts

sho nuff 31

scott72 15

TheFanatic 14

identikit 11

Winky the tunnel ferret 11

Some things never change. :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Sweet Love said:

I will be the FIRST to say that I liken Deadspin to the National Enquirer, but sometimes they get a thing right or two even now and then. This is about another "text" that I find is very interesting it is coming out a day after he says "he is done"...

From what I was sent:

Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her (being a Jets sideline reporter), he's masturbating — while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference.

So this happened a couple of years ago and now right in the midst of the recent Favre media frenzy this hoe reveals this? Hmmmm.... This chick is famous for what? Flashing her big boobs at a Florida State game? And now she needs to get her name in the media again so she can a photo shoot with Playboy no doubt. Incidentally, where are the photos of Favre showing his schlong? And if those watch pictures are supposed to be a picture from one of her photos and one from Favre's retirement announcement, then someone might want to explain why the watch is on a left arm in the one and a right arm in the other. Men don't swing like that--we wear our watch on one arm.
The bolded has already happened. YWIA

Poster Posts

sho nuff 31

scott72 15

TheFanatic 14

identikit 11

Some things never change. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yup, people still aren't going to read whats actually posted and just get hung up on how many posts were made. :thumbup:

Anything to add about the topic? Or just come to show us you know how to post how many times somebody posted in here?

Sweet Love said:

From what I was sent:

So this happened a couple of years ago and now right in the midst of the recent Favre media frenzy this hoe reveals this? Hmmmm.... This chick is famous for what? Flashing her big boobs at a Florida State game? And now she needs to get her name in the media again so she can a photo shoot with Playboy no doubt. Incidentally, where are the photos of Favre showing his schlong? And if those watch pictures are supposed to be a picture from one of her photos and one from Favre's retirement announcement, then someone might want to explain why the watch is on a left arm in the one and a right arm in the other. Men don't swing like that--we wear our watch on one arm.
The Playboy shoot hyperlink is NSFW so don't do it.

Godsbrother said:
Winky the tunnel ferret said:
Or they could go with a guy who is better than all of those. A guy who is already under contract even. Tarvaris Jackson needs more love.
I don't pretend to know a lot about Jackson but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he will ever be better than Pennington, Thigpen, Vick or Orton. I am not saying he won't but he sure hasn't shown it yet.
Check out the Tarvaris will be a top ten fantasy qb thread. It's clear he's improved throughout his career and he was considered to be incredibly raw coming into the league.

Sweet Love said:

From what I was sent:

seriously?

Sweet Love said:

From what I was sent:

:thumbup: That was totally necessary. Thanks for stepping in before things got out of control!

Sweet Love said:

From what I was sent:

Sorry to disappoint....seriously as low-brow as Deadspin may be, my guess is that they chose not to post the taquito. Kudos on the "watch" citing...hey, this could be crap, but there could also have been a warning shot a few days ago and he just wanted to disappear. For what it is worth, I have noticed that Favre has blonde, hairy arms and the pic seems to also have them. Could be a sophisticated stand-in or the real McCoy. I tend to think this may be crap, but it is a wid story that is evidence-based (text versus he said/she said), so we will find out soon enough.

Poster Posts

sho nuff 31

scott72 15

TheFanatic 14

identikit 11

Yup, people still aren't going to read whats actually posted and just get hung up on how many posts were made. :(

Anything to add about the topic? Or just come to show us you know how to post how many times somebody posted in here?
To the first question, nope. Favre threads are about as tedious as Patriots threads were back during Spygate. To the second question, pretty much. :D

Id say its creepier that adults like to keep up with how many times people post.
Yeah, I am a lesser man for taking those 22 seconds it took to click on the replies button and then copy and paste the info into this thread. :P

Why do people still care? He's not winning a SB with the Vikings.

Hell, it's like clockwork. For the past decade plus he eventually falls apart in a big game and forces bad passes that end seasons. I basically called it before last season when saying the Vikings would obviously be better but in a big playoff game when he's broken down and his mind is flustered against a good defense he'd fall apart, and that's exactly what happened. And that's exactly what will happen this season if he plays.
LOL, do you remember the game last year against New Orleans? Favre was the least of the issues that the team had in that game. To put the majority of blame on Favre in that game is laughable. The team folded, all of them, some more than others, Favre not so much as people would like to point out though.
:thumbup: AP's fumbling was making him a liability in that game. Not to mention Harvin and Berrian coughing the ball up. Favre tried to make a play at the end and failed but others failed long before that play.
Favre's Playoff StatsLook at what he's done this past decade. It's a pretty awful performance record. 18 INTs in 10 post season games this decade. 5 games with a QB rating of 70 or less (three of those in the 50's), with some of the most mind boggling INTs in NFL post season history (his horrible INT vs. the Eagles in 2003, his 6 INT performance against the Rams in '01, his awful throw back to the middle of the field on third down against the Saints last year that possibly cost the Vikes the game)... there is hardly room for debate here.

Hell, it's like clockwork. For the past decade plus he eventually falls apart in a big game and forces bad passes that end seasons. I basically called it before last season when saying the Vikings would obviously be better but in a big playoff game when he's broken down and his mind is flustered against a good defense he'd fall apart, and that's exactly what happened. And that's exactly what will happen this season if he plays.
:thumbdown: AP's fumbling was making him a liability in that game. Not to mention Harvin and Berrian coughing the ball up. Favre tried to make a play at the end and failed but others failed long before that play.
Favre's Playoff StatsLook at what he's done this past decade. It's a pretty awful performance record. 18 INTs in 10 post season games this decade. 5 games with a QB rating of 70 or less (three of those in the 50's), with some of the most mind boggling INTs in NFL post season history (his horrible INT vs. the Eagles in 2003, his 6 INT performance against the Rams in '01, his awful throw back to the middle of the field on third down against the Saints last year that possibly cost the Vikes the game)... there is hardly room for debate here.
Pretty sure the Kart and I weren't debating all of his post-season performances for the last decade but rather just the Vikes-Saints game last season. HTH.

:lmao: AP's fumbling was making him a liability in that game. Not to mention Harvin and Berrian coughing the ball up. Favre tried to make a play at the end and failed but others failed long before that play.
Pretty sure the Kart and I weren't debating all of his post-season performances for the last decade but rather just the Vikes-Saints game last season. HTH.

Grigs Allmoon said:
FavreCo said:
-- Vikings Offer Favre More Money --Tue Aug 3, 2010 The Star Tribune reports the Vikings have increased their offer for a 2010 base salary from $13 million to $16 million for QB Brett Favre. There also could be incentives in the deal for Favre that would take the deal above $16 million
Man... I wish I could threaten to retire, and have my employer throw $3+ million at me.
Right, but he's a jackass for doing it. Just about anyone here would do the exact same thing. It's his last chance to make money outside of endorsements that will eventually dry up.

So this may all be because Shiancoe lied about a text he got from Farve (or didn't get?).

Might be the most expensive text of all time and end up being an extra $7 million in Favre's pocket...

Grigs Allmoon said:
FavreCo said:
-- Vikings Offer Favre More Money --Tue Aug 3, 2010 The Star Tribune reports the Vikings have increased their offer for a 2010 base salary from $13 million to $16 million for QB Brett Favre. There also could be incentives in the deal for Favre that would take the deal above $16 million
Man... I wish I could threaten to retire, and have my employer throw $3+ million at me.
Right, but he's a jackass for doing it. Just about anyone here would do the exact same thing. It's his last chance to make money outside of endorsements that will eventually dry up.
Yeah, if any non pro athlete was considering retiring every year, nobody would care if they changed their mind. But because the media and fans want to know (and go overboard on every little tweet and text), Brett's "selfish."It's his life and he has to live with the decision. If he wants to take the time to think it over it's his right. If he changes his mind a few times, what's the problem? It's a HUGE decision for him.

yellowdog said:
Dragon1952 said:
(Rotoworld) Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports the Vikings have offered Brett Favre a raise that would increase his 2010 base salary from $13 million to $16 million.Analysis: Incentives could reportedly push the salary even higher. Zulgad has been on top of the Favre story from the get-go, and went on NFL Network Tuesday to strongly caution that Favre's mind isn't necessarily made up. It's unclear if money is one of the main sticking points in Favre's decision, but there have been plenty of rumors it is. Favre played last season for $12 million.
Embarrassing.
So a couple of text msgs were worth $3M+. :thumbup:Favre is a drama queen, but he's a drama queen with :shrug:And a good collection of Crocs. :o

Grigs Allmoon said:
FavreCo said:
I would bet he would be paid very well by the networks. He would be gold on NFLN or ESPN.

Grigs Allmoon said:
FavreCo said:
Yeah, if any non pro athlete was considering retiring every year, nobody would care if they changed their mind. But because the media and fans want to know (and go overboard on every little tweet and text), Brett's "selfish."It's his life and he has to live with the decision. If he wants to take the time to think it over it's his right. If he changes his mind a few times, what's the problem? It's a HUGE decision for him.
Lol... it also affects his teammates... ask the Packers, and the Jets, and now the Vikes may be victimized by the same annual Favre selfishness and insatiable need to be the drama prom queen. Favre couldn't care less about his teammates - his history proves it.It's also funny how every other athlete in history has managed to retire without a 5 year long 3 ring circus.

Sweet Love said:

From what I was sent:

You might want to read the article before going off on rants. Deadspin pressured her into it basically saying "we're going live with or wihtout you" after promising to not take this story to the public eye (it was off the record). **** journalism IMO (pun intended).

Sweet Love said:

From what I was sent:

You might want to read the article before going off on rants. Deadspin pressured her into it basically saying "we're going live with or wihtout you" after promising to not take this story to the public eye (it was off the record). **** journalism IMO (pun intended).
And he went forward without explicit permission as well, it was good enough for him that she wanted to meet and talk about it. She may have wanted to keep her name out of it still, and now her rep's saying she's got no comment at the time.

Grigs Allmoon said:
FavreCo said:
Lol... it also affects his teammates... ask the Packers, and the Jets, and now the Vikes may be victimized by the same annual Favre selfishness and insatiable need to be the drama prom queen. Favre couldn't care less about his teammates - his history proves it.It's also funny how every other athlete in history has managed to retire without a 5 year long 3 ring circus.
Lol... most people out there have co-workers and family members that are affected if they retire too... just ask my new boss who had to wait for five years of my former boss' waffling on retirement.The same thing happens to tons of people when they're close to retiring. It's just that they don't have hordes of media and fans looking for something to gripe about. As far as other athletes retiring, just guessing here but I bet the majority of them usually just end up retiring because they're simply not good enough any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

:thumbup: AP's fumbling was making him a liability in that game. Not to mention Harvin and Berrian coughing the ball up. Favre tried to make a play at the end and failed but others failed long before that play.
How about the other INT?Look, I agree, the fumbles were a bigger problem than Favre, but he is not off the hook for the 2 big INTs.
The first interception was the one where the hit on Favre should have been penalized, giving the Vikings the ball in the red zone instead of giving the Saints the turnover. See NFL Admits they blew call on Favre's INT. So, yes, he should be "off the hook" for that one.

Poster Posts

sho nuff 31

scott72 15

TheFanatic 14

identikit 11

Yup, people still aren't going to read whats actually posted and just get hung up on how many posts were made. :rolleyes:

To the first question, nope. Favre threads are about as tedious as Patriots threads were back during Spygate. To the second question, pretty much. :D

Id say its creepier that adults like to keep up with how many times people post.
Yeah, I am a lesser man for taking those 22 seconds it took to click on the replies button and then copy and paste the info into this thread. :P
Lesser man? I don't know.Pretty toolish behavior by some though.

If he sent those texts in an attempt to get more money, I have to almost give him :rolleyes: for the brilliance of it, even if it is a bit underhanded.

But he's most definitely lying about not sending them. The Vikings wouldn't be scrambling the way they are if they weren't given a reason to.

As for the deadspin thing...I chalk that up to jock culture. It's what they do. Well, maybe they don't all wear crocs. :thumbup:

:rolleyes: AP's fumbling was making him a liability in that game. Not to mention Harvin and Berrian coughing the ball up. Favre tried to make a play at the end and failed but others failed long before that play.
The first interception was the one where the hit on Favre should have been penalized, giving the Vikings the ball in the red zone instead of giving the Saints the turnover. See NFL Admits they blew call on Favre's INT. So, yes, he should be "off the hook" for that one.
It was still a bad pass. So, no, he is not off the hook for a pass he made, the hit was after the throw and did nothing to affect the pass. :thumbup:

BusterTBronco said:
Wow if true. What a jerk. I think it's funny as hell as a Packer fan, but way to screw the whole Viking organization.
If his injured ankle isn't responding to treatment, what do you expect him to do? Lie to the Vikings and tell them that he is going to play?
Make Childress fly down twice a week and beg him to play.

yellowdog said:
Dragon1952 said:
(Rotoworld) Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports the Vikings have offered Brett Favre a raise that would increase his 2010 base salary from $13 million to $16 million.Analysis: Incentives could reportedly push the salary even higher. Zulgad has been on top of the Favre story from the get-go, and went on NFL Network Tuesday to strongly caution that Favre's mind isn't necessarily made up. It's unclear if money is one of the main sticking points in Favre's decision, but there have been plenty of rumors it is. Favre played last season for $12 million.
Embarrassing.
So he is holding out for more money? Ironic because didn't he criticize Javon Walker for holding out?

yellowdog said:
Dragon1952 said:
Embarrassing.
So he is holding out for more money? Ironic because didn't he criticize Javon Walker for holding out?
No. He was interviewed on ESPN today and said it was never about the money. If he's healthy enough he will play.

sho nuff said:
Carolina Hustler said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, from my perspective, the only entity he owes an answer to would be the Vikings organization. And to this point they seem to be patient and understanding.

I really don't see why you think he owes answers to anyone else..

The media will find any little thing to build a story on and Farve seems to have done pretty well at this point without having to answer to every speculation. With as Farve hungry as the media is, I don't blame him for letting them carry on while he conveniently stays out of the way. His agent seems to be handling things just fine...
Sure, that is who he owes it to.(edit...the Vikings that is)So, you think they all liked answering questions about the texts yesterday and dealing with it?

His agent was not heard from yesterday either...is this the same agent who was calling him a drama queen a few weeks ago?

I never just claimed he owed anything to anyone.

Again, just saying he could put an end to the talk yesterday very easily and he chose not to.

But you can keep making a bigger deal out of my comments if you wish.
I don't think they're bothered by the questions.... I think their expecting questions from the media every year, and more likely, team owners like their teams being in the media. If there weren't media questions about Farve, there would be some about something else. You and I and every other sports fan out there are more the cause of it then Farve is.

If the team is worried about anything in that regard, it would be whether or not Farve is coming back. And it seems they'll handle that between them and Farve... Media gets to find out afterwards... As of right now, they're handling things just fine without us. Amassing to me how some schmo behind a computer screen thinks he has the incite into the situation and is going to say who should or shouldn't be doing what... Farve doesn't need advice from the likes of us, he has plenty of better qualified people to do that for him.

yellowdog said:
Dragon1952 said:
(Rotoworld) Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports the Vikings have offered Brett Favre a raise that would increase his 2010 base salary from $13 million to $16 million.

Analysis: Incentives could reportedly push the salary even higher. Zulgad has been on top of the Favre story from the get-go, and went on NFL Network Tuesday to strongly caution that Favre's mind isn't necessarily made up. It's unclear if money is one of the main sticking points in Favre's decision, but there have been plenty of rumors it is. Favre played last season for $12 million.
Embarrassing.
No. He was interviewed on ESPN today and said it was never about the money. If he's healthy enough he will play.
And do you believe that?

sho nuff said:
Mario Kart said:
So, has Favre said anything with any kind of legitimacy yet?If not, than all of the media reporters and those jumping on Favre for this hoop-la can go suck it. Much ado about nothing but speculation that Favre did not even start. I laugh at all of you blaming Favre for this.
While I agree this is more media driven than anything...if he sent the texts that got this all started...and like you said has not said anything with any kind of legitimacy yet...I do believe he is to be blamed for not ending it.
Again.... Now he has actually made a statement.. And the media will not relent. How are you going to content that he is still to blame?

It was still a bad pass. So, no, he is not off the hook for a pass he made, the hit was after the throw and did nothing to affect the pass. :shrug:
Almost every single Vikings fan will say that the game should have never been on the line at that point and we should have never been in that type of third and 15 situation(12 men penalty). Yes he was responsible for the for the final play, but he also made a ton of amazing plays to keep the Vikings in the game and to discount the rest of the team's very large role in the loss is just foolish.

Grigs Allmoon said:
FavreCo said:
The 3 ring circus is lead by our hunger for news.... and the media....Farve isn't the only player ever to change his mind about retirement a few times.. And until he's unable to play the game at a high level, I think it's his purgative....

sho nuff said:
Mario Kart said:
So, has Favre said anything with any kind of legitimacy yet?If not, than all of the media reporters and those jumping on Favre for this hoop-la can go suck it. Much ado about nothing but speculation that Favre did not even start. I laugh at all of you blaming Favre for this.
While I agree this is more media driven than anything...if he sent the texts that got this all started...and like you said has not said anything with any kind of legitimacy yet...I do believe he is to be blamed for not ending it.
Again.... Now he has actually made a statement.. And the media will not relent. How are you going to content that he is still to blame?
sho will find a way in his warped mind to blame Favre. He always does. It is a known fact here.

It was still a bad pass. So, no, he is not off the hook for a pass he made, the hit was after the throw and did nothing to affect the pass. :goodposting:
Almost every single Vikings fan will say that the game should have never been on the line at that point and we should have never been in that type of third and 15 situation(12 men penalty). Yes he was responsible for the for the final play, but he also made a ton of amazing plays to keep the Vikings in the game and to discount the rest of the team's very large role in the loss is just foolish.
sho and the word "foolish"....a marriage made in heaven.

And why should he? Doesn't seem to be bothering him... Live your life the way you want to and make adjustments when needed... Why does he need to change his ways here.. Is there some inherent danger? For some reason, people hear to much about a guy and instead of turning off the tube, they turn on the guy... We are the reason he's here, the reason the media tells the story, and the reason it plays on... If the story didn't sell, it wouldn't be there.. Brett Farve is an amassing talent and he shouldn't have to hide his thoughts and feelings if he doesn't want too... maybe you'd say, "well we're tired of hearing about it" apparently not, since the story is still selling and we're still here talking about it.
Im not turning on him here
Of course....you turned on him a long time ago. :goodposting:

sho nuff said:
griz145389 said:
From latest reports sure sounds like he told am analyst (mooch) that he was unsure of his plans at this point. Bit of course that doesn't work for you
Just a minor thing and I have said this whole thread its not any big thing.
Yet.......you lead this thread in total number of posts. :goodposting:

sho nuff said:
Mario Kart said:
Considering I did not blame him for anything more than letting it go too long yesterday, not sure what you are getting at.

Users who are viewing this thread