What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's projections (1 Viewer)

The only way to see the projections and anything worth vewing is too pay for it?
Yeah, imagine that, a company trying to make money for a service. Ridiculous huh...........
yeah when u can get the same quality stuff for free, i think this site is a little commerical dont u think, i came here looking for some good reading on the main page and its worst then a pentacostal priest looking for money during a sunday morning..i mean i cant even read one dang thing on the main page without paying something

The only way to see the projections and anything worth vewing is too pay for it?
Yeah, imagine that, a company trying to make money for a service. Ridiculous huh...........
yeah when u can get the same quality stuff for free, i think this site is a little commerical dont u think, i came here looking for some good reading on the main page and its worst then a pentacostal priest looking for money during a sunday morning..i mean i cant even read one dang thing on the main page without paying something
Yeah, I'm sure FBG should be spending 10 hours a day researching and posting stuff for FREE. Who needs to pay bills, put a roof over your head, eat food or provide for a family. FBG, you guys suck, how dare you charge us for your hardwork, what is this Rhiad or something!

There are tons of free stuff on this site.This message board is one.Look around - there is more value here than any place else.Read the testimonials and view the sample stuff - make your own mind up.

There are tons of free stuff on this site.This message board is one.Look around - there is more value here than any place else.Read the testimonials and view the sample stuff - make your own mind up.
im looking around and all i see is a free message board, im sure FBG's make jsut enough from sales then to rake all of us through the coals, but ill give it shot, i hear good things, i just cant see paying for something u can get for free on a ton of other sites, i really dont see anything free on the main page, i just wanted to get some good readin, and i was told about u guys teh other day and i came, and i was blown out of mind with all the dollar signs

Obviously this is for serious FF players only and mostly dynasty owners. If your winnings are $500 or greater than I recommend. If you are just playing for fun and the winner does not take $500 or more, then it's probably a waste of money.

Yes, other sites are free. Their advice isnt nearly as good, though. And you'll almost certainly be bombarded with pop-ups and advertisements :goodposting:

Click the articles link at the top of the homepage. There are tons of free articles that will give you a taste of what the site offers. I think you can even see last years pay content for free - so you know what you'll be getting this year. You can also try the draft dominator for free - it just has older data, but it works great.

No other site offers as much - no matter what the cost.

Have a great season guy.

Obviously this is for serious FF players only and mostly dynasty owners. If your winnings are $500 or greater than I recommend. If you are just playing for fun and the winner does not take $500 or more, then it's probably a waste of money.
ive played in big money league and still do, i would just like a sample of what im buying into before i get rid of the sunday morning dollar signs..link?

Click the articles link at the top of the homepage. There are tons of free articles that will give you a taste of what the site offers. I think you can even see last years pay content for free - so you know what you'll be getting this year. You can also try the draft dominator for free - it just has older data, but it works great. No other site offers as much - no matter what the cost. Have a great season guy.
thanks, thats what i was looking for

I really don't get your point. It's simply not true that you have to pay for EVERYTHING. There are tons of stuff for free. Look at the articles page. There are loads of free ones...

Sheesh... you FBG guys should be ashamed for letting people pay for your crap. :lmao:

In case you find ironical passages in the above text, it can be kept. It's free. :goodposting:

ive played in big money league and still do, i would just like a sample of what im buying into before i get rid of the sunday morning dollar signs..link?
I totally understand. On the other hand, if you are worried about dropping $27 bucks on a phenomenal service then you should probably not be playing fantasy football because you probably have more important needs for your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, other sites are free. Their advice isnt nearly as good, though. And you'll almost certainly be bombarded with pop-ups and advertisements :goodposting:
Well, not that I MIND ads - but might I point out the ads here and on the main page?Ads are completely fine on any site - it's a smart part of any business.That said - I don't have an issue with paying for much of the season content. The Training Camp stuff I saw alone was worth the cash.

Hmm.. I wonder what Jason Wood has to say about this thread? His name has been on the bottom as being a reader for quite awhile, and you KNOW he's itching to say something? :bag: Let him have it JW!

Click the articles link at the top of the homepage. There are tons of free articles that will give you a taste of what the site offers. I think you can even see last years pay content for free - so you know what you'll be getting this year. You can also try the draft dominator for free - it just has older data, but it works great. No other site offers as much - no matter what the cost. Have a great season guy.
thanks, thats what i was looking for
There are also free items under Tools, Stats, and other headings.

You play in big money leagues and you're worried about a piddling $25?

Hey Falsified...

First of all, thanks for taking the time to give Footballguys a try. It's a competitive world out there and we realize that you have a TON of other options for your time and, yes, your hard-earned money. :rolleyes:

Now, as to your main concern. We definitely do charge for the premium portion of the main site, and while I'm never going to suggest that $27 is insignificant to anyone (far from it), I do honestly believe we provide the best value in the business for the price.

As to things being "free", we also understand that the best ways to grow the business, and generate recurring loyal customers is to prove our worth first. We do that in a number of ways...

1) The Forums -- Since you're posting on the forums, I'm going to guess you already discovered them. :) Our Forums will always be free, as we believe they're an essential part of the fantasy football community. And we take great pride in the fact that our forums (unlike a great many others) are heavily moderated so that you never have to wade through tons of inappropriate or off topic threads in order to find great discussion about all things football. We think our approach has helped foster the best fantasy football community in the world, bar none. We're among the most active message boards in the world, and one of the top two or three in terms of football talk.

2) Preseason Content -- If you click on the Articles tab, you will see a list of the many articles (sorted by type), we put out thus far in 2007. Any that do not have a $ sign are free for you to read and enjoy. A great many of them are timely and should be helpful not only for draft preparation but also as a way to show you samples of what else you're in store for if you subscribe.

3) New Aggregator -- Our Footballguys news aggregator is another gem that we keep free year round. It's tough for anyone to cull through all the disparate websites, news feeds, and related media in order to track what's going on these days. So we do it for you. We've got a staff of people who aggregate articles from any source we can find, then TAG them so that you can find what you're looking for quickly and easily.

4) Footballguys Blog -- This year we launched a Blog, also 100% free, that allows our staff to discuss lots of football and fantasy-related issues. We've been publishing a ton of stuff and, as the editor of the blog, I'm quite proud of what we've done so far, and am even more excited for what we have in store going forward.

5) Free Versions of the Draft Dominator, Projections Dominator and VBD Excel Spreadsheet -- I believe you initially asked if the only way you can see projections is to subscribe. The actual answer is NO. To see our updated and current projections, the answer is :yes: but we provide versions of our Draft Dominator and Projections Dominator applications free. If you so choose, you can download them and then tweak the projections to suit your views.

Free Draft Dominator version
Free Projections Dominator version
Free VBD Excel spreadsheet versionIf anyone else on the Web provides that much content, free of charge, I haven't seen it yet. But ultimately I respect that each person has to make their own choice. So hopefully this will help you sample the quality of the content we work hard to deliver. If you then decide it's worth subscribing, we're thrilled to have you. If you instead opt to pass, more power to you and best of luck this fantasy season! :thumbup:

That said - I don't have an issue with paying for much of the season content. The Training Camp stuff I saw alone was worth the cash.
I found that pretty amazing too. And you have to remember that this was only the first issue of the series. ;)
I know. I write Fantasy content, so I'm a little..... I try to keep my standards high for myself, and others as well.But it was pretty good stuff -- as much as I follow the minutiae, I found something interesting on every page.

Strange how many times I find that the owners that complain about paying $27 for FBG are the ones that have dropped more than $30 total on a bunch of out-of-date FF magazines.

I am very frugal, but find that there are three things that are worth paying for if you're a serious fantasy footballer:

1. FBG

2. Pro Football Prospectus

3. FootballOutsiders.com KUBIAK projections.

If you're playing against a bunch of guppies, then you can still win with the good free stuff at other sites (including this forum). But if you're in a really competitive league, this site gives you the stuff to keep you one step ahead of the others.

And this was before all of the amazing upgrades made this year.

Can I get you a tissue??

One other great section that is absolutely FREE:

Podcasts!

I just started listening to these in the last few weeks, and there is a LOT of quality info here. (By the way, I loved the Podcast interview with Aaron Schatz from FootballOutsiders.com and author of Pro Football Prospectus. Props to FBG on that. Most other sites would cringe at bringing in anyone from outside websites/potential competition.)

Great to just turn one on and listen while you're browsing the latest FF news, posting on the forums, tweaking your rankings/projections, etc.

Podcasts!

I just started listening to these in the last few weeks, and there is a LOT of quality info here. (By the way, I loved the Podcast interview with Aaron Schatz from FootballOutsiders.com and author of Pro Football Prospectus. Props to FBG on that. Most other sites would cringe at bringing in anyone from outside websites/potential competition.)

Great to just turn one on and listen while you're browsing the latest FF news, posting on the forums, tweaking your rankings/projections, etc.
:goodposting: The IDP podcasts on the Audible are a must listen to for serious IDP players.

The beat writer shows on the Audible are my personal favorites. The info from these guys who follow the teams every day is priceless in my opinion.

Here is the complete list of every Audible episode.

Podcasts!

:football: The IDP podcasts on the Audible are a must listen to for serious IDP players.

The beat writer shows on the Audible are my personal favorites. The info from these guys who follow the teams every day is priceless in my opinion.

Here is the complete list of every Audible episode.
Absolutely. The camp info that's provided on the podcasts, plus the FREE 42 page Camp Report, Vol. 1, from Bob Henry (that you can find posted right on the main page, might I add), are fantastic resources, and more info than a lot of $Pay$ draft guides from other sites even provide.

Strange how many times I find that the owners that complain about paying $27 for FBG are the ones that have dropped more than $30 total on a bunch of out-of-date FF magazines.I am very frugal, but find that there are three things that are worth paying for if you're a serious fantasy footballer:1. FBG2. Pro Football Prospectus3. FootballOutsiders.com KUBIAK projections.If you're playing against a bunch of guppies, then you can still win with the good free stuff at other sites (including this forum). But if you're in a really competitive league, this site gives you the stuff to keep you one step ahead of the others.And this was before all of the amazing upgrades made this year.
Do PFP and the KUBIAK projections include IDP?

Random Shots!!!!

That alone is worth the money! :thumbup:

All the great football stuff that's better than all the other sites is just lagniappe.

I just discovered the site about a month ago and listened to the Audible episodes and started coming on the message board. Yesterday I paid for my subscription. FBG is easily the best fantasy football site I've seen in the 10 years I've been playing. Too bad it took me a while to find it. :thumbup:

Lowen1 said:
Click the articles link at the top of the homepage. There are tons of free articles that will give you a taste of what the site offers. I think you can even see last years pay content for free - so you know what you'll be getting this year. You can also try the draft dominator for free - it just has older data, but it works great.

Have a great season guy.
http://footballguys.com/whysubscribe.htmThe link will let you see all of 2006 content, so you can get a good idea of what you get for your money.

If it was just about projections, then I would not shell out $27 (should have done it during the early bird special for $21 :D )

Now getting to enter into the subscribers contest, getting the training camp reviews, the daily emails, an updated Draft Dominator, plus 30,000 pages of material to go through, that is worth the money! And it doesn't have to be for only those in big money leagues...that is just plain silly. If you love the game of football, this is the site to subscribe to!

:lmao:

Lowen1 said:

Have a great season guy.
http://footballguys.com/whysubscribe.htmThe link will let you see all of 2006 content, so you can get a good idea of what you get for your money.

If it was just about projections, then I would not shell out $27 (should have done it during the early bird special for $21 :lmao: )

Now getting to enter into the subscribers contest, getting the training camp reviews, the daily emails, an updated Draft Dominator, plus 30,000 pages of material to go through, that is worth the money! And it doesn't have to be for only those in big money leagues...that is just plain silly. If you love the game of football, this is the site to subscribe to!

:lmao:
Thank you NER,That's what I told him last night http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...789&hl=good

Hi,

If you're new, you may not know. But anytime you post a "my middle finger to your face" type post, it's gone. Sorry if that's too uptight but that's just how we do it here.

If you're seriously looking for information about purchasing a subscription, this link has lots of information http://footballguys.com/whysubscribe.htm

Most importantly, it has links to all the content we did last season so you can see for yourself what kind of information you'd be getting. Good luck.
J

I just joined in the last month or so and I'm very impressed with the amount of research that these guys do. They do tons of work and give it to you in every imaginable format. There's so much stuff that I haven't fully figured out what is available. I just downloaded the draft dominator and haven't really used that.

Heck, the forums alone provide an incredible amount of info. They'd be worth the $27 alone but they're free. Click on any player thread and see over a hundred replies, most of which are very informed.

I don't know if these guys offer a preseason moneyback guarantee or anything but I can't imagine that anyone who coughed up $27-$4 per month of the fantasy season-would be disappointed.

Guys continue to crack me up by coming on and bashing something before even trying it.

To me, it's like getting steak on the buffet at Sizzler and then griping that you'd have to pay $27 for a steak at Mortons. I mean, it's all steak, right? :thumbup:

My favorites:

Draft Dominator

message boards

Data Dominator

Trainign Camp Reports

Draft Dominator

Subscriber contest

And oh, the Draft Dominator!

Guys continue to crack me up by coming on and bashing something before even trying it.To me, it's like getting steak on the buffet at Sizzler and then griping that you'd have to pay $27 for a steak at Mortons. I mean, it's all steak, right? :( My favorites:Draft Dominatormessage boardsData DominatorTrainign Camp ReportsDraft DominatorSubscriber contestAnd oh, the Draft Dominator!
Honestly, the draft dominator by itself is worth the subscription cost. I don't think anyone can appreaciate it until they use it. Not only for the drafting itself, but for the time saving in keeping track of who has what.

Guys continue to crack me up by coming on and bashing something before even trying it.To me, it's like getting steak on the buffet at Sizzler and then griping that you'd have to pay $27 for a steak at Mortons. I mean, it's all steak, right? :( My favorites:Draft Dominatormessage boardsData DominatorTrainign Camp ReportsDraft DominatorSubscriber contestAnd oh, the Draft Dominator!
Honestly, the draft dominator by itself is worth the subscription cost. I don't think anyone can appreaciate it until they use it. Not only for the drafting itself, but for the time saving in keeping track of who has what.
First year subscriber, last year read the message board.... let me walk you through this....1. Last year, message boards were a great help during the season, helped me nab D. Ryans early on before anyone else in my league even knew his name. In an IDP, thats huge!2. Realized, as others have said, the message boards alone are wirth the subscrition rate. 3. Tried the free draft dominator this offseason and saw some potentail there.4. since i almost felt guilty for all the use I got out of the message boards i decided to pony up during the early registration period and only paid $215. Have since realized that not only are message boards worth that price alone, I would also pay $21 just for the draft doninator. Throw in camp updates and being able to see the projects year round and your are golden. AND I HAVENT EVEN EXPERIENCE THE IN SEASON CONTENT YET! I'm sure there will be some good stuff there.

I just discovered the site about a month ago and listened to the Audible episodes and started coming on the message board. Yesterday I paid for my subscription. FBG is easily the best fantasy football site I've seen in the 10 years I've been playing. Too bad it took me a while to find it. :rolleyes:
Wow.....playing for 10 years and just now discovered this place? :coffee:

I get tired of the HUGE self admiration society that is FBG. Way too much of that, I just want my info.

Over the years I have noticed how people fall in love with different players that I think taints the ratings, in a bad way.

I have other pay sites this year that I feel have better content without all the self-hype (maybe they feel they don't need to).

I also just can't let Lamont Jordan at #8 last year go. I drafted him in my main money league & it really damaged my team, weeks on the WW digging out of that one.

Thanks for saving me 30 bucks for the same thing I can get on Foxsports news.

I also just can't let Lamont Jordan at #8 last year go. I drafted him in my main money league & it really damaged my team, weeks on the WW digging out of that one.
i drafted him too. you know who i blame?...............myself

Falsified:This year, I did NOT join FBG's for the first time in several years, because the two leagues I'm in are $50 leagues and, well, I'm playing mostly for fun and competitive spirit. I think $27 is too much in that case for the incremental advantage I might get over opponents.I got ragged on big time two weeks ago when I posted that $27 seemed steep. So just get used to the fact that the apologists will always strongly support this site. Which is fine, by the way. (As long as they're polite about it, which many are not, unfortunately.) That said, if I played in a BIG money league, I'd take it seriously and probably pony up the $27. But I don't play fantasy football for money. It's for fun.

That's my point exactly. Thanks for making it for me. You weighted his worth too much as I did based on the biased material here.Who will it be this year? Trav Henry? It certainly wasn't Mike Bell last year but there sure were a lot of FBG's that drafted him too I'll bet.

That's my point exactly. Thanks for making it for me. You weighted his worth too much as I did based on the biased material here.
please don't imply that i'm in any way agreeing with you. that wasn't my point at all.you ------> :goodposting:

The Commish of our league (who is a subscriber here) turned me on to FBG about 3 or 4 years ago. In order for me to not blab to our whole league about this place, he'll occasionally send me an article or a profile on a player... and i must say, that FBG has some terrific write ups.

BUT, in this whole time that he's been a customer... i don't think he's finished in the money ONCE... like NEVER. And our league isn't exactly filled with sharks either (Bush went 7th overall last year w/ only .25/rec... and Tom Brady went with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round). So... although I yearn to have all the available content here at the reach of my finger tips... i wonder if it would make any kind of difference at all.

Now this year he has the first pick... so he might finally take home the belt (although the LT2 owner in our league has seen a 1st round exit the last two years)... but from my experience, subscribing to FBG doesn't afford the subscriber that much of an advantage. There's too much "dumb luck" involved.

g'day

Users who are viewing this thread