What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBI accused of leaking private data to NYT after Project Veritas raid (1 Viewer)

If it isn't relevant to the post then why say it? I'm not calling you out specifically but this is how these discussions devolve. If we all just stay on point and try not to insult and stay civil we can have a good discussion. We may never agree on things but that is fine. Different opinions are good overall.

Because given all the grifting stories about just about every other Biden I've ever heard of over the years I was not surprised that his daughter might have some of the same traits, and so I posted that *I* wasn't surprised by it.  If you don't feel that way that's fine and your prerogative.  But it wasn't surprising to me. 

Because given all the grifting stories about just about every other Biden I've ever heard of over the years I was not surprised that his daughter might have some of the same traits, and so I posted that *I* wasn't surprised by it.  If you don't feel that way that's fine and your prerogative.  But it wasn't surprising to me. 
Can we stop with the gas lighting/ projection of "grifting" to the Bidens ?  The Trump family (but Trump!) IS the definition and previous POTUS still actively pulling off the biggest US grift in history.

rockaction said:
Sounds fair.

If this has been confusing hearing a guy defend Project Veritas's O'Keefe while at the same time thinking he's odious and a general intellectual lout, I used to be a right-winger who was skeptical of government authority, even the FBI. When Trump co-opted that Deep State stuff, I was sort of taken aback by the brazenness and stupidity of it, but his tenure and the right's descent into national greatness conservatism has left me as a more traditional left-leaning member of society, which in today's climate should lead to pro CIA and FBI feelings, if the news tells us anything.

But I am still a skeptic of the FBI. And as a former righty, I know when someone is being pilloried because they aren't part of the leftist establishment in the country while the left is in charge. Raises my hackles when they do that, because I always think that it could have been me, no matter how upright or traditional I was about my business. Those ####ers have it in it for you, and damn if they won't get their pound of flesh.

But that's another story for another time.  
I'm left leaning and always have been and always have had a mistrust of law enforcement of any kind, lol. Still do. I find that LE is skewed to the right and don't see the connection to the left but the world is so topsy turvy right now. I guess it always has been but I think extremism causes the weirdness. Future historians will be befuddled by this period I think. 

I'm left leaning and always have been and always have had a mistrust of law enforcement of any kind, lol. Still do. I find that LE is skewed to the right and don't see the connection to the left but the world is so topsy turvy right now. I guess it always has been but I think extremism causes the weirdness. Future historians will be befuddled by this period I think. 
Local law enforcement I would say that holds true. In major cities, you probably have some PD lean a bit left but mostly center. 

At the federal level, it seems to grow more and more left leaning every new administration. Even the Republican ones. 

Local law enforcement I would say that holds true. In major cities, you probably have some PD lean a bit left but mostly center. 

At the federal level, it seems to grow more and more left leaning every new administration. Even the Republican ones. 
This is inaccurate

The typical Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent is white, male, and middle-aged, often with a military background

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/fbi-donald-trump-base-230755

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh God, any time somebody seriously uses the word "gaslighting" in a political conversation, it's time to realize you're talking with a true believer and it's best to leave the conversation with sanity intact. 
I did use "projection"  -- is that up to your high brow message board argumentative standards?

Can we stop with the gas lighting/ projection of "grifting" to the Bidens ?  The Trump family (but Trump!) IS the definition and previous POTUS still actively pulling off the biggest US grift in history.

Biden actually released his taxes and filed all the appropriate financial paperwork.  Where exactly is all this China money that the party of Trump constantly talks about?

Biden actually released his taxes and filed all the appropriate financial paperwork.  Where exactly is all this China money that the party of Trump constantly talks about?
Well I don't know about Biden but I usually put all of my illegal earnings on my tax return as well with proper documentation. I mean that's just common courtesy to the IRS right?

Well I don't know about Biden but I usually put all of my illegal earnings on my tax return as well with proper documentation. I mean that's just common courtesy to the IRS right?

So you think he's got all this China money hidden away in some foreign country?  Does he live like he's got China money?  Or is that all part of the scam?  Genuinely curious how people who think like those in the party of Trump actually rationalize this kind of nonsense to themselves. 

So you think he's got all this China money hidden away in some foreign country?  Does he live like he's got China money?  Or is that all part of the scam?  Genuinely curious how people who think like those in the party of Trump actually rationalize this kind of nonsense to themselves. 
:lmao:

In Hunter Biden's account, one of which has Joe's name on it.  A tax return does not reveal all that much about your wealth, nor does it reveal much about income you don't report. 
How has Biden benefited from all this China money?  Dude's a hundred years old and he just managed to buy a $2M beach house a few years ago.  Is he that bad with money?

The FBI has become an arm of the DNC.  The raid in Project Veritas was a disgusting assault on journalism and it providing insight to the New York Times was as political as it gets.  The left has given up on investigative reporting and now is just in cahoots in with the big government-corporate power structure.  

ETA: Added a new link from a more "accepted" source since people couldn't get over the first one. 

The merits of a story is the truth behind it not where it came from.  It is funny to watch the leftist in here dismiss a story as propaganda which is nothing be verifiable facts.  The leftist media in this country shades every story with opinion and omissions and yet somehow they are trust worthy because they out forth a radical agenda they agree with.  

How is this possible?

Does Project Veritas share office space with journalists?

They are one of the very few real investigative journalists left.  60 minutes used to do investigative journalism.  Now they are a shell of what they used to be. Now the media wants you to believe investigative journalism is some kind of shady illegal activity.  It is funny that states are criminalizing investigative reporting and giving cover to corporate and government crooks.  Well unless it is Trump, then by whatever means necessary to uncover truth is ok.  Leftist are strange people. 

They are one of the very few real investigative journalists left.  60 minutes used to do investigative journalism.  Now they are a shell of what they used to be. Now the media wants you to believe investigative journalism is some kind of shady illegal activity.  It is funny that states are criminalizing investigative reporting and giving cover to corporate and government crooks.  Well unless it is Trump, then by whatever means necessary to uncover truth is ok.  Leftist are strange people. 

Real investigative journalists don't pay people to pose as something else to try and get someone o say something. 

All of their stories are them infiltrating groups (or attempting to; they are such boneheads they get caught a ton), and trying to goad staff into saying something that shows some sort of bias. 

Investigative journalists don't create the controversy. The fact that you think they are not only actual investigative journalists, let alone the gold standard, really shows how round the bend you are. You have an uncommon hatred for anything 'left'. Every post is the evil leftists. 

Need a different hobby man. 

Real investigative journalists don't pay people to pose as something else to try and get someone o say something. 

All of their stories are them infiltrating groups (or attempting to; they are such boneheads they get caught a ton), and trying to goad staff into saying something that shows some sort of bias. 

Investigative journalists don't create the controversy. The fact that you think they are not only actual investigative journalists, let alone the gold standard, really shows how round the bend you are. You have an uncommon hatred for anything 'left'. Every post is the evil leftists. 

Need a different hobby man. 
Right? Imagine that "creating controversies" like getting someone to admit in their own words things they've done wrong. As opposed to "real journalism" like making up controversies without having to leave the comfort of their own office. Pfft. Amateurs at PV. They have a lot to learn before becoming an industry leader in "news." 

Project Veritas is on the edge of outright fiction dissemination. 

The FBI and the New York Times in cahoots with each other on this is disturbing. 

Those two statements are not mutually exclusive. 

Your first statement is totally false.  The media tells half the story and even most of that is false.  

Your first statement is totally false.  The media tells half the story and even most of that is false.  
No, it's not. O'Keefe himself has admitted to "cooking the books," as it were, and has broken federal laws while doing so. You can insist until you're blue in the face, but it's out there for everyone to behold. 

No, it's not. O'Keefe himself has admitted to "cooking the books," as it were, and has broken federal laws while doing so. You can insist until you're blue in the face, but it's out there for everyone to behold. 

I know what is 'out there' and it is spun up manure.  But believe what you want.  

I know what is 'out there' and it is spun up manure.  But believe what you want.  
It's not just spun-up. It's by his own admission, and is a truthful version of the facts, as are the reports about his federal wiretapping offense. 

Careful with losing too much trust in any media, jon. You might be woefully misinformed in the end. 

It's not just spun-up. It's by his own admission, and is a truthful version of the facts, as are the reports about his federal wiretapping offense. 

Careful with losing too much trust in any media, jon. You might be woefully misinformed in the end. 

Google search did not pick up that quote.  I would love to see the context of that quote.  

Google search did not pick up that quote.  I would love to see the context of that quote.  
I misspoke. I don't think he ever admitted to it. It's just pretty much a fact established by almost all respectable outlets that he did so. 

I misspoke. I don't think he ever admitted to it. It's just pretty much a fact established by almost all respectable outlets that he did so. 

Respectable outlet?  Come on.  The  New York Times is not even respectable these days.  They won't even correct a known mistake in slandering Veritas..  O'Keefe is going to win that lawsuit and discovery is going to be very interesting.

NY court issued a beatdown of the NY Times today regarding their obtaining and publishing of privileged communications between PV and it's attorney.

https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Project-Veritas-v.-NY-Times-Order-re-Privileged-Documents-w-Highlights-13-24-2021.pdf

Interesting read. 

Judge describing NYTs attempt to publish PVs private documents.

"Hit and run journalism is no more protected under the first amendment than speeding on a crowded sidewalk is covered under a driver's license."

With respect to journalistic heft and integrity, I will side with NYT over PV 150% of the time.

That said, NYT really ####ed up here, and there is no excuse whatsoever for their actions.

With respect to journalistic heft and integrity, I will side with NYT over PV 150% of the time.

That said, NYT really ####ed up here, and there is no excuse whatsoever for their actions.

Did they? I think - according to the NYT brief - NYT reporters discovered the materials through journalistic means. NOT through lawsuit discovery. If that's the case, this sure seems like a prior restraint ruling.*

*I'm not a first amendment lawyer, so I could be totally wrong on that and welcome a correction from someone smarter than me.

Users who are viewing this thread