What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

Diversified myself a little bit due to the possible weather concerns for Philly.

QBs - Foles, Cam, McCown

RBs - Charles, Forte, Murray, Lacy, Rainey

WRs - AJ, T.Smith, Cruz, Wright, Edelman, Stevie Johnson

TEs - Gronk, Graham

Ks - Prater, Succop, Novak, Crosby

Ds - Ravens, Cards

Anyone you hate on the list?
AJ Green? I have him in a couple lineups too, but weather reports scare me a bit, especially after getting nailed in what I thought was a juicy matchup last week. Otherwise your choices look very similar to mine, but like I said earlier nothing is jumping out at me this week so a lot could change between now and Sunday.

I ended up throwing a couple lineups together for a few 50/50s so we will see I guess.

Saw some good overlays, had to take my kids to Girl Guides and missed most of them.

Got in on one Expert, with only 180 in a 220 field :thumbup:

Eli

Vereen

Ivory

Cruz

Wright

Gronk

Gould

Ari

It hinges on Eli vrs SD, which as a tournie play I am OK with. 7 of my guys are under 10% owned.

Initial pass at a model for this week:

McCown

Charles

Spiller

Torrey

Keenan

Edelman

Gronkowski

Prater

Patriots

:shrug: Kinda hate this though, so work in progress.
There's a little bit of limited upside with having Edelman and Gronk together, but a little more stability. When the team signed Collie this week, that figures to mean Thopmkins and/or Dobson are highly questionable. I'd think with the two, you've got 50-75% of Brady's yardage covered, and a decent shot at 2 TDs one way or another.

I don't understand Spiller, though. Vereen is the same price and much more stable... and on the other side of the field, Bobby Rainey faces a softer run defense than Spiller/Fjax.
I played around with the RB2 spot a lot. Spiller is a fair call.

Edelman is in there purely for price - he's $4,900. I think he's the #2 target. Value-splosion.

In Philly, sleet 10-12, rain by 1pm, at 35 degrees, 6 mph wind. The field should just be wet.

I had a ticket offer, but the travel before the game sounds hazardous, and sitting in the rain at 35 degrees is begging for pneumonia ;)

Baltimore is very similar.

Pittsburgh looks like sleet 1-3pm, temp at 31.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night seems to have started off pretty well. By chance found myself in several major overlays:

In Triple Ups normally there are 100 people. The 3 that ran last night had 96, 63 and 69 entries. They still pay top 30, so that's almost 50/50 odds for one of them, but it still pays 3x.

In Doubles, normally there are 223(?) entries and the top 100 pay 2x. The 3 I'm in have 149, 105, and 106. That means only 5, 6, and 49 entries don't hit the money.

The $1 tourneys that I stacked on my entries are all really full.

So be on the look out - it could be the lame-factor of an absolutely terrible TNF matchup, or it could be a slow week due to burnout. Tourneys look to be roughly normal but some of the bigger doubles/triples/etc. might be overlayed.

e.g. - https://www.fanduel.com/contest/3311284/scoring

I included AJ in two of my 3 lineups last night, but no one else. Looks like him and Graham were the only two pretty good plays... Graham especially due to his 4900 price.

It's weird to hear that there's potentially some widespread "burnout" or other effect like that (not just from people here, but perhaps evidenced by the insane overlays in the double- and triple-ups last night). I'm feeling that way myself this week, I completely avoided Thursday contests for the first time all year, and haven't even started thinking about my rosters for Sunday yet.

It could also be that people are more focused on their "1.0" leagues, either trying to win to get in the playoffs, or in the first round. Or people who just missed the playoffs or are eliminated didn't care much.

I imagine next week the algorithms will be adjusted to have fewer overlays. Someone mentioned previously finding some tourneys with 10% overlays... but a double with only 5 spots OUT of the money is a major screw-up for the site (I'm not complaining!).

I'm in one tourney that runs Thurs-Mon and other than AJ used last night (27.7% owned) I don't have another player over 7.8% owned (Josh Gordon).

If that line up hits, it could be money. It's extremely boom/bust and matchup plays.

Code:
QBCarson PalmerSTL @ ARI 4:25pm$7700 1.6%RBGiovani BernardIND @ CIN 1:00pm$6400 2.9%RBRay RiceMIN @ BAL 1:00pm$6400  3.6%WRJosh GordonCLE @ NE 1:00pm$9200 7.8%WRAndre JohnsonHOU 20 @ JAC 27 FINAL$7800  27.7%13 Re154 ReY21.9WRLarry FitzgeraldSTL @ ARI 4:25pm$7200 5.7%TELadarius GreenNYG @ SD 4:25pm$5200 3.7%KJay FeelySTL @ ARI 4:25pm$5100 3%DPittsburgh SteelersMIA @ PIT 1:00pm$5000 5.1%

You guys can beta-test this while I work on formatting and stuff.

Interactive value chart for FanDuel. (Other sites to follow.)

The top row is self-explanatory: pick the set of game-times that you want displayed.

In the middle row, you can choose whether you want to view projected points or projected value. Value is just points divided by dollars (and then multiplied by 10,000), so higher is better.

In the third row, you can choose which position you want to view.

Click on the column headings to sort by that column. So if you want to sort by Dodds' projected value, first you'd click on "Value" at the top, and then click on the "DD" column heading.

When you click on a player's name, the player is added to your lineup over at the right. Projected total points for your lineup are displayed for each set of projections. (MT = Tremblay; DD = Dodds; SB = Bloom for offense, Herman for kickers, Dodds for defense.)

Click on a player in your lineup to remove him.

If you find something that doesn't appear to work right, please let me know.

The top row is self-explanatory: pick the set of game-times that you want displayed.

In the middle row, you can choose whether you want to view projected points or projected value. Value is just points divided by dollars (and then multiplied by 10,000), so higher is better.

Click on the column headings to sort by that column. So if you want to sort by Dodds' projected value, first you'd click on "Value" at the top, and then click on the "DD" column heading.

When you click on a player's name, the player is added to your lineup over at the right. Projected total points for your lineup are displayed for each set of projections. (MT = Tremblay; DD = Dodds; SB = Bloom for offense, Herman for kickers, Dodds for defense.)

I like it a lot. Used the value-view to fill up with McCown, Murray, Rainey, Gronk, K/DST, then just looked for the best WR production I could get using the points-view for WR. Good stuff.

It's weird to hear that there's potentially some widespread "burnout" or other effect like that (not just from people here, but perhaps evidenced by the insane overlays in the double- and triple-ups last night). I'm feeling that way myself this week, I completely avoided Thursday contests for the first time all year, and haven't even started thinking about my rosters for Sunday yet.
Is there a good strategy to find these overlays? Is it just a matter of waiting until the last minute?

Are there certain types of tournaments that are best to look for? I guess you want to shoot for ones with low minimums, huh?

I think it is great as well and does pretty much everything you would want. My only suggestions which are pretty small would be 1) To highlight which game selection you are on kind of like how the variations does. It is easy to forget which one you are on and some are very similar like Sunday only and all. 2) It would be nice to see how much money you have left but this math is obviously easy to do. 3) I think it should clear your roster if you switch between games (or maybe give you a warning if you have a player not in that game). For instance I carried over Gronk to a 4pm on accident when obviously he plays at 1. All those are obviously very minor. Really great tool.

This looks awesome but its view only for me. Nothing is clickable.

dawrecker said:
Maurile Tremblay said:

I think it is great as well and does pretty much everything you would want. My only suggestions which are pretty small would be 1) To highlight which game selection you are on kind of like how the variations does. It is easy to forget which one you are on and some are very similar like Sunday only and all. 2) It would be nice to see how much money you have left but this math is obviously easy to do. 3) I think it should clear your roster if you switch between games (or maybe give you a warning if you have a player not in that game). For instance I carried over Gronk to a 4pm on accident when obviously he plays at 1. All those are obviously very minor. Really great tool.
Thanks, guys. I'm going to take it down for now. I'll work on formatting (including item #1) and then put it back up on the main site.

I'll probably add #2 at some point, but then I'll have to let you choose what salary cap you're using. (Not a huge deal, but I'd like to get this working for all seven daily sites before I start individualizing more for just FanDuel.) Good idea on #3 as well.

LOL at King of the Gridiron Tournament. You can enter a satellite tourney where they skim 10% off the top to provide prizes of a free $200 entry to the final tourney. Off course they skim another 20% or just under $200,000 in the finale (less whatever the Super Bowl tix and travel package cost).

LOL at King of the Gridiron Tournament. You can enter a satellite tourney where they skim 10% off the top to provide prizes of a free $200 entry to the final tourney. Off course they skim another 20% or just under $200,000 in the finale (less whatever the Super Bowl tix and travel package cost).
They also seem to have cut out alot of the cheap multi-entry tourneys to steer you into those contests. Not a single $1-2 multi-entry tourney available.

New URL. If anyone else has the same issue as Pantherz (things aren't clickable), please let me know what browser you're using (brand and version).
Working like a dream for me - thanks so much, this totally rocks! I also agree with dawrecker's suggestions to make it just about perfect.

FYI, Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57 m

Works great for me using Crome Version 31.0.1650.57 m

This is really awesome, but I'd like to make another minor suggestion. Can the players be grouped by Fan Duel game times? For example, 1 PM, Sun-Only, Sun-Mon, Thurs-Mon. I realize you have most of these already, but the Sunday Only option isn't there. So if I want to compare RB values between 1 PM and 4 PM players I can't do that in the same list. Or, I have to use the "All" option and know which games are on Thursday and Monday.

I've added Sun-only. (Do you think everyone understands that "Late" means all games after Sun 1:00, or should I spell that out?)

For what it's worth east coast weather changed a bit since I last looked. Not planning any changes for myself, but keeping an eye on this.

Other sites are up. FanDuel, StarStreet, DraftDay, DraftStreet, DraftKings, FantasyFeud, FanThrowdown. I have some touching up to do with them (e.g., standardizing the Game column, removing links to "K" if the site has no kickers, multiplying by a smaller number at FantasyFeud to get value, adding Flex as a position up top, etc.), but they're all functional, and if they're going to be useful at all this week, I need to post them.

Other sites are up. FanDuel, StarStreet, DraftDay, DraftStreet, DraftKings, FantasyFeud, FanThrowdown. I have some touching up to do with them (e.g., standardizing the Game column, removing links to "K" if the site has no kickers, multiplying by a smaller number at FantasyFeud to get value, adding Flex as a position up top, etc.), but they're all functional, and if they're going to be useful at all this week, I need to post them.
Hey MT, great stuff! The links in this post all seem to work correctly, but the links to other sites from the value chart page itself don't work. I keep getting challenged for the FBG user name and password.

Hey MT, great stuff! The links in this post all seem to work correctly, but the links to other sites from the value chart page itself don't work. I keep getting challenged for the FBG user name and password.
Thanks. That should be fixed now.

Must be too busy out in Vegas and worried that some tourneys won't fill. I normally wait until Sunday to get in a few double ups, but there is nothing available today at the $5 level and very little at the $10 level.

I quit posting here a few weeks ago after getting the tip to play $109s. It's worked out nicely all but one week, and that week was baaad. Anyway, I don't have a single entry at any site as of 7:45 this morning. I've been preoccupied. So here's my 13 week performance across the sites I funded at the beginning of the year.

StarStreet deposited 100, a few pennies left

DraftDay deposited 100, a few pennies left

DraftKings deposited 100, 180 on account

FantasyFued deposited 100, moved 300 to FanDuel week 9, a few pennies left

DraftStreet deposited 500, moved 200 to FanDuel week 9, 716 on account

Fanduel deposited 100 then 500, 1069 on account

So I ponied up a grand to feed this addiction and currently have 1965 on account. I was probably going to dwindle down to nothing had I not started cherry picking $100+ 3,5,6,10 team leagues and 5050s. I know some don't like scouting opposition, but I won a ten teamer with a 119 points a few weeks back. The risk is higher as is the reward. I was okay dumping the grand if that's how it went, so I focused on fewer contests with bigger entries. If I cash out now I'll more than cover my losses in the season long leagues which may not be losses if a couple teams win out. I am burned out though. My interest this morning in joining contests is nil. This is my second year of being in 25+ money leagues and grinding away on the dailies. The addiction has run it's course... until next August, I guess.

Good luck and happy holidays you crazy kids.

I have a bad feeling I went too safe this week with all the bad weather games. I just wish now I had never looked up a weather report. I'm not changing 60 lineups at the last minute either. That never ends well. Heavy on Glennon, Charles , Murray, Rainey, V Jackson, Gronk, Patriots D. Maybe just pregame jitters. Getting a beer. Good luck all.

10 for 10 on my Sunday 50/50s 60k lineups with ~130

Foles

Rainey

Charles

Calvin

Edelman

Underwood

Cameron

Succop

Baltimore

Users who are viewing this thread