What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

does anyone here do daily fantasy basketball?

looks like i am going to have to take the winter off after football season is over.

i do alright in the weekly fantasy football games, but i get frigging smoked nightly in the nba... friggin brutal... cats are scoring 300+ points, with some random ### dudes and i use a few good players and get skunked.

was hoping to be able to have something to get me occupied until april once football is over but looks like it'll be a good time to chill.

any pointers for hoops?

yes i know i am in the wrong thread but figured since this one is pretty active with guys it might be a good place to start
I started playin a little fantasy basketball as well. I don't know much about it but I follow a couple of people on twitter and they seem to know their stuff. I'm not sure if you have twitter but it is an excellent resource to help you with the daily fantasy games.
thanks.. i should invest in a twitter account, any particular guys worth following?

i've heard of a handful for football but not as many for b-ball.
@sports_25tolife@Stlcardinals84

@docktora

@davismattek

4 guys I follow that know what they are talking about. They all also talk about fantasy football too. They play daily fantasy games and usually respond to a lot of questions. Good luck

Cousins putting up 24 is completely possible. He's probably 99% going to put up at least 12, which is a decent return on his price. Probably 60% to put up 16, which is a great return on his price.
My question is he worth the $300 you'll save over Flynn? Reed looks to be out again for the game leaving Garcon as the only real pass catcher.
well depends on who that extra 300 dollars is allowing you to get..

personally i'd prefer cousins over flynn especially after watching flynn vs. the lions a few weeks back but thats just me
Cousins is going to outscore Flynn, so yes, its worth saving $ to put more points in your lineup.

JShare87 said:
ebsteelers said:
JShare87 said:
does anyone here do daily fantasy basketball?

looks like i am going to have to take the winter off after football season is over.

i do alright in the weekly fantasy football games, but i get frigging smoked nightly in the nba... friggin brutal... cats are scoring 300+ points, with some random ### dudes and i use a few good players and get skunked.

was hoping to be able to have something to get me occupied until april once football is over but looks like it'll be a good time to chill.

any pointers for hoops?

yes i know i am in the wrong thread but figured since this one is pretty active with guys it might be a good place to start
I started playin a little fantasy basketball as well. I don't know much about it but I follow a couple of people on twitter and they seem to know their stuff. I'm not sure if you have twitter but it is an excellent resource to help you with the daily fantasy games.
thanks.. i should invest in a twitter account, any particular guys worth following?

i've heard of a handful for football but not as many for b-ball.
@sports_25tolife@Stlcardinals84

@docktora

@davismattek

4 guys I follow that know what they are talking about. They all also talk about fantasy football too. They play daily fantasy games and usually respond to a lot of questions. Good luck
thanks i tried to like your post but apparently i gave out too much positive vibes today..

(HULK) said:
ebsteelers said:
finger11 said:
(HULK) said:
Cousins putting up 24 is completely possible. He's probably 99% going to put up at least 12, which is a decent return on his price. Probably 60% to put up 16, which is a great return on his price.
My question is he worth the $300 you'll save over Flynn? Reed looks to be out again for the game leaving Garcon as the only real pass catcher.
well depends on who that extra 300 dollars is allowing you to get..

personally i'd prefer cousins over flynn especially after watching flynn vs. the lions a few weeks back but thats just me
Cousins is going to outscore Flynn, so yes, its worth saving $ to put more points in your lineup.
agree with cousins outscoring flynn

I Changed my fade lineup and right now that is looking like a good decision.

QB
Kirk Cousins
WAS @ ATL 1:00pm
$5100
SALARY
13.9%
OWNED
RB
LeSean McCoy
PHI @ MIN 1:00pm
$10400
SALARY
10.1%
OWNED
RB
Jamaal Charles
KC @ OAK 4:05pm
$10300
SALARY
9.2%
OWNED
WR
Julian Edelman
NE @ MIA 1:00pm
$5500
SALARY
19.5%
OWNED
WR
Marques Colston
NO @ STL 4:25pm
$5700
SALARY
9.9%
OWNED
WR
Keenan Allen
SD 24 @ DEN 17 4th
$7000
SALARY
27.3%
OWNED
2 Re29 ReY2 ReTD
TE
Tony Gonzalez
WAS @ ATL 1:00pm
$5300
SALARY
7.9%
OWNED
K
Alex Henery
PHI @ MIN 1:00pm
$5000
SALARY
4.3%
OWNED
D
Seattle Seahawks
SEA @ NYG 1:00pm
$5700
SALARY
16.3%
OWNED

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say. I had varying amounts of Manning, DT, OJT, Ball, Rivers, Woodhead, Gates, and Allen. Only allen wasn't a major disappointment. Although I think the ownership percentage of players was pretty high - e.g. not a Thursday night game that many people faded.

Strategy for the weekend - cherry-picking 50/50s on the Expert and Beginner levels in which about 40% or less of the player pool has over 100 wins. We'll see how it goes, but I avoided all standard caps for the weekend.

Call me crazy but Im going for broke this week in some Quad ups this week.

QB Kirk Cousins $5,100 WAS@ATL ✗

RB Le'Veon Bell $7,200 CIN@PIT ✗

RB Jordan Todman $4,600 BUF@JAC ✗

WR Calvin Johnson $9,900 BAL@DET ✗

WR Josh Gordon $9,900 CHI@CLE ✗

WR Antonio Brown $8,000 CIN@PIT ✗

TE Delanie Walker $4,800 ARI@TEN ✗

K Graham Gano $5,100 NYJ@CAR ✗

D Philadelphia Eagles $5,400 PHI@MIN ✗

Played Woods in flyer lineups for $4500 the last two weeks, waiting for him to reconnect with Manuel. They had good chemistry before they both got injured.

Got fed up this week....and they are starting to put it together

:ptts:

Shane Vareen and Chris Ogbayanananaana looked like great value plays today. I loaded my lineups with one of them in most. Sigh...

Dodds is taking a beating today I bet. He said it was probably his last week too.

Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Ogbayannananaa and Vareen killed me today. This will be by far the worst Sunday I've had since starting. I went big this week too.

I try and avoid betting on Falcons, but it looked like a great matchup on paper, then reading how much the 'experts' liked him this week, I couldn't resist. :(

As this was probably my last week, I just did a couple of double ups and tournies. I'm at 180 in one tourney(Charles and car defense left)even though I got a whomping 4 points out of vareen and Charles clay. I had Delanie walker in too. I'm at 165 in a double up despite picking vareen again and I still have Antonio brown left.

No Primetime contests this week? Was looking on my phone earlier and just thought I was doing something wrong. But I still don't see them...

Cabby said:
As this was probably my last week, I just did a couple of double ups and tournies. I'm at 180 in one tourney(Charles and car defense left)even though I got a whomping 4 points out of vareen and Charles clay. I had Delanie walker in too. I'm at 165 in a double up despite picking vareen again and I still have Antonio brown left.
I'm guessing you win that tourney in a landslide. Hopefully it was a big one.

My expert lineup is at 160.9 points with Torrey Smith still to go.

Cousins, Vereen, Lacy, Desean, Torrey, Colston, Olsen, Bailey, Seattle

A lot of these contests I'm finding comes down to PK and Defense. I know they are part of the sport but something feels odd about that even though you win some and lose some.

My two lineups scored 160 and 150 but are right at the money in all of my 50/50s

Looking like I'll be a small loser with those rosters

Charles up to 11k with Manning. Have to imagine people will be still working him in after today's game. Gimme McCoy vs the Bears.

Couldn't stay away this week. I thought I might take the week off but I ended up rolling out $90 worth of entries. Much less diversified than I'd usually be, I only used 4 different lineups and had Cousins at QB in all of them. Going into Monday night it looks like it's going to be a good week.

Wager roughly $100 this week. I should finish somewhere between $20 to $30 in the black this week.

I tend to stay away from tourney's when there appear to be a ton of value plays that week. Turns it into a $65k type of situation which becomes more about picking the right stud.

That said, I've done well this year in $65k 50/50s. Bit the bullet on Chris O. to afford Charles. I also am continuing to dominate the 1 pm only games. Clean sweep again this week. I suspect all my profit this year in 50/50s is due to these games. As well as I do in the 1 pm slot, I continue to struggle with the Thursday start slots.

Yup. Vereen and Graham are resulting in a bad week for me, despite some nice plays with Foles-Desean-Mccoy-Henery, and Wilson-Lynch-Haushka-Seahawks.

I am currently sitting at #4 with 204.54 points in a Thurs tourney that will net me $125 (was only $2 entry). Otherwise, I could make a lot of noise tonight if Megatron has a big game. I am hoping he shows the Ravens rookie who is the best in a way we all know he is capable of.

I had the ability to do so in a lot of my lineups because of Cousins and Todman So I put Megatron in there thinking he could have a monster game tonight. Vereen and McCoy definitely got me in a lot of lineups though.

My expert lineup is at 160.9 points with Torrey Smith still to go.

Cousins, Vereen, Lacy, Desean, Torrey, Colston, Olsen, Bailey, Seattle

A lot of these contests I'm finding comes down to PK and Defense. I know they are part of the sport but something feels odd about that even though you win some and lose some.
yeah kind of frustrating when your kicker has a pretty good day getting 8-12 points and some guy has dan bailey getting 24 to make up for one of his wrs underpeforming

i know people wanna say kickers dont matter but as long as they are in fantasy football they will continue to be extremely important.

hatsuka has 18 one week, feely 19, bailey 24, prater 18.

thats out scoring a wr in ppr who had 8 for 100.. .crazy stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
I also am continuing to dominate the 1 pm only games. Clean sweep again this week. I suspect all my profit this year in 50/50s is due to these games. As well as I do in the 1 pm slot, I continue to struggle with the Thursday start slots.
This is exactly my feeling...except my overall profit is minimal. I don't know why we are not playing our 1pm lineups for Sun Only and Sun-Mon contests.

I wish I would just leave Thursday alone, I will this week and probably next year if I start slow again. I don't put much research time into this hobby until Friday night usually, so the Thursday lineups are quick hitters just checking out "On The Daily" if anything at all. Some Thurs fades early in the season were ripe when the matchups were good and I was putting more time in during the week. If it's not a bleak looking matchup in some fashion, it just adds another game of players to the list and I clearly see things better with less games. Plus, I can get links to a few tournys to see allocations here or from the stupid chat there.

I also am continuing to dominate the 1 pm only games. Clean sweep again this week. I suspect all my profit this year in 50/50s is due to these games. As well as I do in the 1 pm slot, I continue to struggle with the Thursday start slots.
This is exactly my feeling...except my overall profit is minimal. I don't know why we are not playing our 1pm lineups for Sun Only and Sun-Mon contests.

I wish I would just leave Thursday alone, I will this week and probably next year if I start slow again. I don't put much research time into this hobby until Friday night usually, so the Thursday lineups are quick hitters just checking out "On The Daily" if anything at all. Some Thurs fades early in the season were ripe when the matchups were good and I was putting more time in during the week. If it's not a bleak looking matchup in some fashion, it just adds another game of players to the list and I clearly see things better with less games. Plus, I can get links to a few tournys to see allocations here or from the stupid chat there.
I think the reason why we do well with a limited slate is that everyone has the same studs for the most part. Now the people starting guys who are out and our value plays can make a difference. Edelman became quite clear as a value play when the noise of the other players was reduced.

Also I didn't clean sweep. Won 3 x $5 and lost a $1. Lost the $1 matchup swapping Gonzo for Fleener based on Gonzo's not being listed as good to go an hour before kickoff.

jah77 said:
At first glance I think I'm gonna be loading up on Bears and Eagles this week.
Tricky game as if the Cowboys win early in the day it doesn't matter what the Eagles do in this game and could possibly rest some starters

here's my first pass

QB - Cousins 7

RB - McCoy 9.7 / Morris 6

WR - Brown 8 / Colston 6.3 / Caldwell 5

TE - Graham 7.7

D - NO 5.2

K - Forbath 5

Brown has just been too dang consistent. Colston/Graham will eat up the Car secondary. Sproles is also an option at 4.8 if you want to save money for elsewhere. If Welker isn't back, I think Caldwell is a must start. My fall back here is james Jones who is grossly under rated. I would lean Jones in a tourney.

Morris isn't exciting, but is a lock for 100 yards. The Cousins/Morris/Forbath is a good 50/50 base to build around.

Just booked my second worst week for the season... down about $105 from $460 to $355.

Lost despite having lots of Foles, Desean, and Edelman everywhere. Vereen and Graham were keys too and they combined for less than 10 points. Ugh.

Really want to finish strong and end up over $500 for the season after starting at $100... then I'm going to withdraw everything except for $100 because I imagine they'll have playoff leagues for, what, two weeks?

Anybody going to do any of the Bowl contests?
I'm thinking about it since I came out better than expected this past weekend, but I have not touched CFB on FD. How is the player pricing?

On DK it's a pain to come up with a good lineup, but it's like that in all their contests and I think they get a little carried away with it. FF and FT are fun for college.

Users who are viewing this thread