What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (4 Viewers)

From FFPC's dynasty league email today:

New and improved chat and direct messaging between dynasty owners is being worked on and will be released before the NFL draft on both apps and the web version of the FFPC site as well.

Man, this would be so helpful to have a decent direct messaging system.

@menobrown and I tested out the new DM feature. It's ... not terrible? I sent him a message and got an app alert (iPhone) each time he replied. I messaged from my laptop and from the FFPC app itself. Seems to work OK. Definitely better than what was available before. (If you go to your league page, across the top where it says, "My Teams," "League," "Team," etc., there's a link to "Chat.")

New and improved chat and direct messaging between dynasty owners is being worked on and will be released before the NFL draft on both apps and the web version of the FFPC site as well.

@menobrown and I tested out the new DM feature. It's ... not terrible? I sent him a message and got an app alert (iPhone) each time he replied. I messaged from my laptop and from the FFPC app itself. Seems to work OK. Definitely better than what was available before. (If you go to your league page, across the top where it says, "My Teams," "League," "Team," etc., there's a link to "Chat.")
Confirmed, all good. I was not around a computer and only used the app on my my phone and when you enter the app it shows a red dot by any league you got a message. Just like a text.

Confirmed, all good. I was not around a computer and only used the app on my my phone and when you enter the app it shows a red dot by any league you got a message. Just like a text.
Thanks for reporting back. Will hopefully make owner chatter a little more active and pre-trade offer talks easier.

Let’s bump this thread since FFPC drafts are already starting to roll.

Good luck everyone. And to my ShaprkPool FFPC league mates, please leave something decent for me at 2.1.

Posted in the trade thread, but probably of interest here, too.

Not a trade, but I'm in 3 FFPC SF leagues, and in all 3 Harrison Jr. went before Caleb. The 3rd of the 3 was me. I had the 1.02 in another league and expected to get Harrison. He went 1.01 instead, so I took Caleb at 1.02. I wanted 1 share of Harrison, so I took him in the other league with my 1.01.

Across my SF leagues, I have 1 share each of
Caleb
Harrison
Daniels
Nabers
Odunze
Bowers

I can't say I'm planting my flag! :ROFLMAO:

Really not liking what I am bound to get at 1.12, left underwhelmed by the chalkiness 1-11. Coleman or someone outside of my personal top 12, starting to think about a RB instead. Not loving Coleman. Tried to trade down, got a terrible offer so far.

where we at? @Zyphros OTC. Our Sharkpool draft so far:

1.01 Meno - M Harrison Jr
1.02 Barack - Nabers
1.03 Penguin - Odunze
1.04 Zyphros - Bowers
1.05 Bombjack - Brooks
1.06 Meno - B Thomas
1.07 NE Revival - X Worthy
1.08 Jabarony - Benson
1.09 Marauders - McConkey
1.10 Jabarony - Piersall
1.11 FreeBaGel - Caleb Williams
1.12 phandango - K Coleman
2.01 joey - B Corum
2.02 iheartff - M Lloyd
2.03 bombjack - J Wright

1.02 Barack - Nabers
1.03 Penguin - Odunze
1.04 Zyphros - Bowers
1.05 Bombjack - Brooks
1.06 Meno - B Thomas
1.08 Jabarony - Benson
1.10 Jabarony - Piersall
2.01 joey - B Corum
2.02 iheartff - M Lloyd
2.03 bombjack - J Wright
To me, this draft is as chalky a top 9 as you’ll find in a 1 QB/TE-P league. There’s the top 4 tier, and the 5 thru 9 tier.

From there, I think there’s a wide open 10 thru…sheesh…20-ish tier that’s all interchangeable from this group:
QBs: Williams, Daniels
RBs: Corum, Wright, Lloyd
WRs: Coleman, Pearson, Legette, Mitchell, Franklin

1.02 Barack - Nabers
1.03 Penguin - Odunze
1.04 Zyphros - Bowers
1.05 Bombjack - Brooks
1.06 Meno - B Thomas
1.08 Jabarony - Benson
1.10 Jabarony - Piersall
2.01 joey - B Corum
2.02 iheartff - M Lloyd
2.03 bombjack - J Wright
To me, this draft is as chalky a top 9 as you’ll find in a 1 QB/TE-P league. There’s the top 4 tier, and the 5 thru 9 tier.

From there, I think there’s a wide open 10 thru…sheesh…20-ish tier that’s all interchangeable from this group:
QBs: Williams, Daniels
RBs: Corum, Wright, Lloyd
WRs: Coleman, Pearson, Legette, Mitchell, Franklin
I got it as a clear cut top 10, with multiple tiers inside that top 10 and then the floor drops out.

In our draft one of my 10 made it to 12.

I was worried after the NFL draft that in my leagues I was holding 11 or 12 I would not be so fortunate. Tried to get ahead of dealing them and unloaded all but one of them. That was a pick 11 and in that one my top 10 went top 10. Due to tech issues, clock resetting, pausing, dude only took 19 real hours to make that pick one spot before me while ignoring all my trade offers. If his goal was to take delight in my agony, he won.

Is dynasty depot still active in selling FFPC teams? I was going to join a few new higher stakes leagues this year but I've got too many of the $77 teams so would want to unload some first. Some of them are pretty good teams (champs or runners up last year with pretty young squads) and I think would sell for a profit, but not sure if people are still active on that site. I see that there are currently zero teams available for sale on there, which worries me.

Is dynasty depot still active in selling FFPC teams? I was going to join a few new higher stakes leagues this year but I've got too many of the $77 teams so would want to unload some first. Some of them are pretty good teams (champs or runners up last year with pretty young squads) and I think would sell for a profit, but not sure if people are still active on that site. I see that there are currently zero teams available for sale on there, which worries me.
It's still very active. They paused it and removed all listings while the rookie drafts are going on.

What do FAAB bids look like at the first period in a SF triflex start up? Am I bidding $500 for Drew Lock or Trey Lance or is something closer to $5 safe-ish?

What do FAAB bids look like at the first period in a SF triflex start up? Am I bidding $500 for Drew Lock or Trey Lance or is something closer to $5 safe-ish?
I don't understand your question, sorry. In a startup there are no FAAB bids. The first FAAB bids will be before week 1.

I don't understand your question, sorry. In a startup there are no FAAB bids. The first FAAB bids will be before week 1.
Totally understand. I didn’t word it well. Obviously, each team is limited to selecting 3 QBs. So there are a lot of capable back ups that I can sort of dream on possibly having a role in their system.

But I have no idea what a reasonable bid is for a backup QB in a super flex dynasty who may end up starting 4 games this year or may be the full time starter in 2025 or who may never really contribute. Just wanted to check in with players who have done some dynasty leagues there for a ballpark range.

So I understand that the faab period isn’t until September, but I’m just trying to get some sort of idea.

Totally understand. I didn’t word it well. Obviously, each team is limited to selecting 3 QBs. So there are a lot of capable back ups that I can sort of dream on possibly having a role in their system.

But I have no idea what a reasonable bid is for a backup QB in a super flex dynasty who may end up starting 4 games this year or may be the full time starter in 2025 or who may never really contribute. Just wanted to check in with players who have done some dynasty leagues there for a ballpark range.

So I understand that the faab period isn’t until September, but I’m just trying to get some sort of idea.
Well ok I guess I would say that come that September waiver wire, if a QB in the FA pool is still considered the backup, then honestly you might get them for $1 FAAB. If they're someone that everyone knows is the starter week 1 and they're available but the incumbent is expected back like week 5 or something like that, then it could really be a big range, I'd say like $50 (out of 1000 - I'm always talking 1000 if its FFPC) all the way up to some folks just go bonkers (like me) and will dump like $500.

Really depends on the individual situation but if you'rereally just taking what you feel is an informed gut-decision bid for a known backup that isn't starting, yeah something like $5 ought to do it.

Only other situation that came to mind isn't a startup, but like for example with Justin Fields being traded and with the market considering him the backup, it's at least possible a backup of his caliber is available on the 1st week WW, again not a startup, but in year 2+ because somebody might have actually been dumb enough to drop him. In such a case in *special* instances, don't be surprised if someone goes nuts with the full $1000. And I mean I think you just have to sort of slyly tip your cap and be like ok fine.

It's always hard to know just how much to bid, but I have found it pays to be aggressive in the first waiver run if you have targets you like. A friend and I drafted an FFPC Triflex team last summer. Mayfield went undrafted, so he was on the wire and was the clear Week 1 starter. We bid $288 for him, and the next highest was $207, so we got him. (A month later, we subsequently traded him for a '24 R2 pick, which turned out to be the 2.01.)

Then there's the guy who apparently didn't read the rules or something, because he spent $501 on Aidan McConnell, and $499 on Kyle Trask, leaving him with $0 the rest of the season. (Maybe he thought we get $1000 every week?)

Are we going to do thoughts on our Shark Pool LG Rookie Draft again this year?

I'm your Huckleberry

Roster pre-draft:

QB: Purdy
RB-ETN, Rhamondre, Javonte, Chase Brown, Singletary and Keaton Mitchell
WR: London, Pickens, Juedy
TE: Laporta, Kincaid, Pitts and Musgrave
K: Butker
D: Jets

Before I get into it let me put on my crown of shame. This is my worst performing team I've ever had after 3 years and at least I can it's not remotely close. Kudo's to a sharp league. The shame, shame, shame walk for me. I have even sucked in the draft playoffs, which is especially bad because I actually prepare for it, highest pick my own team has got in 3 years was pick 4, finished last in draft playoffs this year. But thankfully team Joey has won every playoff he's been in this league, just happened to be the draft playoffs this year and got me pick 1.1 after trading him Goedert mid-season, which at the time I'm pretty sure we both assumed was going to be a late one.

1.1: Marvin Harrison Jr: I went skinny on keeping only 3 WR's after cuts on premise I was picking a WR at 1.1, not exactly rocket science here. But can honestly say that while MHJ was always the front runner I kept an open mind during the entire process on which one I'd take. You don't have to try hard to envision a scenario where Nabers or Odunze end up as better fantasy players, but primarily due to Nabers QB issues and Odunze's target comp early on in his career in conjunction with MHJ's clean high floor/ceiling profile and strong landing spot made this a no brainer post NFL draft.

1.6: Brian Thomas Jr: my second junior, this one just has a JAG dad and now he's one himself. I mentioned I would not be surprised if Nabers or Odunze ended up as the top fantasy WR in this class. I'd include Thomas as well, anyone else would surprise me, though the difference with him vs those other 3 is the lower floor as there are things I will admit in his profile which have been strong indicators of bust potential whereas the other 3 it's frankly hard to see busting other then health or off field issues. What is a little unusual to work out like this is that since I knew these picks in January I've thought I was as likely to pick him at 6 as I was MHJ at 1.1, just have had him as my clear cut WR4 in a tier by himself since January and I'll add he'd have been my WR1 in last years class. I keep hearing a bunch of Tee Higgins comps and I'd not hate it if he turned out similarly productive but don't agree with that comp, his athletic profile blows away Tee's and I see more AJ Green potential in his size, movement and athletic profile. Also highly encouraged by all the reports I hear about his FBI. I think if he wants to be great and is healthy he will be, he's second to none in this class IMO with the tools he possesses.

2.6: Ben Sinnott-This pick felt like deja vu all over again. Last year at pick 2.5 I was hoping to draft Anthony Richardson, after a long wait he went 2.4. Despite having a bunch of TE's I decided to pick BPA and went with Laporta, but I almost did not, was a close call. This year I'm sitting at pick 2.6 and would have gone with Jayden Daniels, after a little wait he went at 2.5 and again I decided to go with BPA, thus the Deja Vu part. This is not a TE hoarding bit, said something similar last year when I drafted a bunch of TE's. Just trying to not be a prisoner of need drafting-which is not always easy or avoidable but was here because nothing really stood out that addressed a need, this was a far easier decision then drafting LaPorta at 2.5 last year and I can only hope for that feeling similar when I drafted them both lead to similar results.

3.6- Malachi Corley aka The YAC King:
a few days before the NFL draft I saw a tweet from Lance Zierlien saying he was in the airport and would take any questions and since I was sitting in doctor's office with nothing to do I hit him up. My question was in a dynasty league after the big 3 and Thomas, which WR's would you you target? He replied Ladd, AD and Corley in some order. Now Lance may stink at dynasty, got no idea, and I was never able to get as high on Corley as he was or put him inside my top 8 WR's but he was my highest rated player left for at least half a round.

3.11- Drake Maye-Mulled him 3.6, need was calling, traded up from 4.6 as I thought some teams picking before me would be looking at QB and gave up my 2025 4th to move up. Nix and Cousins did go soon after, before my pick at 4.6, perhaps they were preferred over Maye by the teams selecting them, but seeing that made me feel better about a move up. My goal here was with just Purdy on the team I wanted another QB who I viewed as having high upside potential, and IMO he has as much upside as any QB in this draft though for sure I see the negative that it could take take some time to push Jacoby aside and he likely needs an improved cast around him. But IMO he's the second best running QB of the big 6(which helps a little with the lighter weapons), by far the best size and arm talent is in the convo for being as good as anyone's-just depends on your preferred flavor. Check, check, check. Second youngest of that group of QB's and I care zero about that for longevity purposes for a QB in this format, but I do care about it for purposes of his potential individual growth curve.

5.6- Dameon Pierce- cut him at roster cut down, scooped him back up mainly on hopes they move him or at if not he at least adjusts better to the Texans run scheme this year.

6.6-Malik Washington
- was my biggest WR sleeper predraft or if sleeper does not apply the WR I was higher on then majority opinion more then any other WR. Was a My Guy. His fall mystified me because the film looked really good and if he's got off the field issues I'd be surprised as the young man already has a psychology degree from Northwestern. The draft capital and situation no doubt stinks though and roster space is a premium so he'll have to look pretty extraordinary and/or some injuries to hit Dolphins WR's for him to make my roster. He's the kind of player in a deeper roster type of league I'd have drafted in round 3/4 but the hold here is an obstacle I'm doubtful I will overcome.

7.6-Blake Watson-my deep sleeper RB for the past few months, would have taken him sooner but played the ADP game, even had drafted him in some FFPC redrafts before the NFL draft. I took him in most of my rookie drafts, only one other team in a league I was in grabbed him and it was at 5.1, well before I thought I could get him. If Malik Washington falling so far in the draft was not the most mystifying thing to me the way the NFL treated Watson would be the winner. No combine invite, not drafted. Did get $275K guaranteed which last I checked was the highest for an UDFA, which has not been any kind of strong indicator but you like to see some commitment. Since then Payton's had some encouraging things to say about him, and having Javonte on the team already did not hurt my interest. Over 1100 yards rushing and 50 receptions to go along with 17 TD's last year. Absolutely phenomenal workout, great metrics. He's old but welcome to the party as this is the oldest draft class with the oldest group or RB's we'll probably ever see. (As a side note we had WR who will turn 27 before the EOS drafted, a TE who turned 25 in March and a RB who will be 25 in season all drafted)

2.6: Ben Sinnott-This pick felt like deja vu all over again. Last year at pick 2.5 I was hoping to draft Anthony Richardson, after a long wait he went 2.4. Despite having a bunch of TE's I decided to pick BPA and went with Laporta, but I almost did not, was a close call. This year I'm sitting at pick 2.6 and would have gone with Jayden Daniels, after a little wait he went at 2.5 and again I decided to go with BPA, thus the Deja Vu part. This is not a TE hoarding bit, said something similar last year when I drafted a bunch of TE's. Just trying to not be a prisoner of need drafting-which is not always easy or avoidable but was here because nothing really stood out that addressed a need, this was a far easier decision then drafting LaPorta at 2.5 last year and I can only hope for that feeling similar when I drafted them both lead to similar results.

The funny thing is that I was going to take Daniels at 1.12 but took Keon Coleman instead, then I was going to take him at 2.03 but ended up trading down to 2.05, and I was planning to go best player available, which ended up being Daniels, who was still there. Like you with TE, I have Hurts and don't really need Daniels, but it was hard to pass on him a third time.

Here’s my disappointing draft. And the blame lays completely on my selfish league mates. Tried trading 1.08 and 1.10 + up into top 5. No luck. Then wanted to trade 1.10 for a future first. No takers again.

1st round. Trey Benson and R. Pearsall. I’ll be happy if either of these guys hits I have my doubts. Was really considering Caleb except I already have 2 good, not great, QBs. I don’t need a third QB for additional lineup setting heartburn.

2.09 R Wilson. I don’t think he’s anything special, but he’s probably already the best WR on that roster. Could get peppered with low-quality targets. But targets nonetheless.

3.10 K Vidal. A bet against JK Dobbins. And I heard a rumor that Harbaugh wants to run the ball.

4.10.L. Mccaffery. He wanted to Join his brother on the squad. And Wash WRs aren’t that great, so why not?

6th round. C Parkinson & T. Higbee. The only picks of mine I like. I’m all set once Hockenson gets back from injury. But until then I SHOULD be able to play the LAR TE.

7th round.C. Shrader, E. Hull, J. Cowing. Dart throws. Maybe 1 will be on my roster in September.

All in all, pretty gross.

Here’s my disappointing draft. And the blame lays completely on my selfish league mates. Tried trading 1.08 and 1.10 + up into top 5. No luck. Then wanted to trade 1.10 for a future first. No takers again.

1st round. Trey Benson and R. Pearsall. I’ll be happy if either of these guys hits I have my doubts. Was really considering Caleb except I already have 2 good, not great, QBs. I don’t need a third QB for additional lineup setting heartburn.

2.09 R Wilson. I don’t think he’s anything special, but he’s probably already the best WR on that roster. Could get peppered with low-quality targets. But targets nonetheless.

3.10 K Vidal. A bet against JK Dobbins. And I heard a rumor that Harbaugh wants to run the ball.

4.10.L. Mccaffery. He wanted to Join his brother on the squad. And Wash WRs aren’t that great, so why not?

6th round. C Parkinson & T. Higbee. The only picks of mine I like. I’m all set once Hockenson gets back from injury. But until then I SHOULD be able to play the LAR TE.

7th round.C. Shrader, E. Hull, J. Cowing. Dart throws. Maybe 1 will be on my roster in September.

All in all, pretty gross.
I disagree, I like the first few rds of your draft, and everything after that is pure crap shoot anyway. I didn't have a 2nd or 3rd rd pick, but if I did I would have loved to get Wilson and Vidal.

I don't remember some of the specific moments on my draft but it was pretty straight.

1.02 Nabers - Odunze would obviously be the homer pick and I considered between the two of them but ultimately I like Nabers out of the gate as a rookie to be getting FF points more than I do Odunze, but it wasn't too far from a coin flip.

3.01 Estime - Seemed like the best RB profile for me on the board at that time. That's not saying much. Hoping his proday 40 was more representative. Sean Payton doesn't mess around in terms of distributing the ball to his RBs. I am skeptical if Javonte will remain the guy for very long. (Or is it hopeful?) It's still just a 3rd round FF rookie RB & 5th round NFL RB. McGloughlin profiles more as a scat back (and therefore possibly useful and undervalued because Payton) but with Javonte and him, what could Estime be besides a timeshare yada yada. But nevertheless took him on talent vs board.

I gave my 2025 3rd & 5th rounders to @IHEARTFF for Gabe Davis and the 4.03 back in March and so then:

4.03 Bo Nix - This is my homer pick as an Oregon guy. Sean Payton is smart enough and brash enough to ship Russell Wilson after one year despite the $fallout (because RW is a fruitcake and not capable of winning a locker room anymore - different topic but just saying Fields will be starting week 1 mark it - outside of injury for either). Any coach that can be that resolute on such a difficult situation gets my respect. I've always thought he called plays with the same mindset and is one of the very best in the business at the most underrated aspect of an offense's success IMHO. Playcalling is such a big deal in the success/failure. So anyway I think Nix wins this job and becomes Payton's guy. And I think that is a very good thing. And they have more weapons than the market probably thinks right now. Certainly can in another year or so. So yeah right now at this point in the draft my only two QBs rostered are Fields and Nix and neither currently projected to start week 1.

Then I moved my 2025 6th and 7th to acquire 6.11 and then:

6.11* Penix - This was an autopick and NOT who I was targeting because I'm stupid about my queue. I don't hate it though, I mean I did have him in that list for a reason.

I think my team is actually stronger than it's ever been but always still lots of work to do. I put up a lot of top scores last year and I made the playoffs last year but put up a rotten egg in the first round and didn't advance to the money round. But put up the highscore of the week the following and was disgusted enough to not look at the final week to see where I *might* have finished.

Came out of this draft with much more talent on my team than ever before. My 2025 1st and 2nd are still in my pocket so that's nice. Elite and deep at WR. Somehow moved Andrews and Kelce in the last year+ and am still strong at TE with McBride/Ferguson but could really use a third. @menobrown looking at you. RB needs the most week to week work but what else is new. I have a few worthy starters but always looking for more RBs until the end of time. And I've discussed QB obviously need one or two of these guys to emerge and probably need to still pick up a week 1 guy but I'm confident I'll get there.

Looking forward to another great season as always!

current roster

Fields, Nix, Penix
Henry, Mostert, Roschon, Allgeier, Estime, Abanikanda
Jefferson, Nabers, Flowers, Metcalf, Doubs, Gabe, Pierce
McBride, Ferguson

SP Summary - Right from the startup 3 yrs ago I drafted to win now and later and think I have done a decent job. Was #1 seed yrs 1 & 2 and couldn't get it done in playoffs, I think I finished 2nd & 3rd. Last yr was a struggle w Taylor hurt and Diggs crapping himself at the end. Toward the end I was hoping not to make the playoffs, instead I squeaked in and did nothing. Fwiw (not much) I think I am the only one to have made playoffs all 3 yrs.

Can't help but think back to 10/2022 and countering rather than accepting Jabarony's offer of Cmac for J. Taylor straight up. How different things might have been had I not been so worried about Cmacs health issues. Its really been the opposite ever since with Taylor being out and Cmac solid as a rock. C'est la vie

Roster includes:

Mahomes
Kamara, Tony Pollard, Jonathan Taylor, James Cook, Jaylen Warren
Kupp, Nacua, Diggs, Godwin, Xavier Worthy
Isaiah Likely

Unlike previous yrs I still had my 1st rounder, but no 2nd or 3rd

1.07 - Took Worthy, not really excited about him, but with Mahomes at qb the upside was too much to pass on. I liked McConkey and Benson in this range as well.

Previously traded 2nd & 3rd picks during 2023 draft for what turned out to be Marvin Mims and Pierre Strong (ugh) - If I still had my 2nd I would have taken R. Wilson for sure and with my 3rd it would have been close between the player who went at 2.7 (J. Baker) and Vidal.

4.07 - Meh, everything picked over pretty clean, went with Demario Douglas; I like him and I like Maye

Traded future 4th for the 5.2, 6.2 & 7.2

Being TE challenged used my next 3 picks on TE dart throws

5.2 - Jared Wiley
5.7 - Erick All
6.2 - Daniel Bellinger

6.7 - Isaiah Davis, like him but he is buried in ny

7.2 - Kevin Harris

7.7 - Jalen Tolbert

Last edited:
My SP league draft summary and thoughts:

Similar to Meno, I have been unable to find success in this league!
Playoffs with an early exit one year, weak draft playoff performance the others.

Pre-draft roster:
QB: Lamar / Love
RB: Dillon, Sanders, GIbson (YIKES)
WR: G. Wilson, Nico, Hopkins, Cooper, Dotson
TE: Engram, Waller

Content with my QB, WR and to certain extent TE room (though always room for improvement in the latter 2), I clearly came in with a big RB focus.
So sitting at 5 the pick was pretty much a no brainer. While I would have loved for Brock to slip for the Raider homer pick, easy choice for the top drafted Brooks. Nice to have Sanders as Brooks recovers from the injury as well.

Then the 2nd was where I was hoping to stock up on some talent, as I came in with the 2.5, 2.7 and 2.8. I had Jaylen Wright as my 3rd ranked RB so jumped up in a trade with Phandango to grab him at 2.3. Maybe I would have gotten him staying at 2.5 anyways as per above sounds like he was gonna take Daniels, but who knows, was glad to move back from 2.8 to 2.12 in order to secure my guy. With Mostert aging and Achane insane but full season unproven, wanted a piece of that RB room.

At 2.7 I continued to invest in the up and coming Panthers (they are right, right!?!) with Xavier Legette. Like the narrative says, not a huge fan of the older, one year production, and potential duplicate of a Mingo mistake from last year, but had to go with the 1st round draft capital. The last time I got a 1st Round WR this late in a rookie draft was 10 years ago with Kelvin Benjamin and that worked out swimmingly....(ETA, same team and age concerns as well, oh boy!)

2.12 I was hoping for Polk but got sniped by FreeBagel, so ended up taking the last of that tier of WRs in Burton. Possible drama issues aside and maybe not the best profile, but earned his spot at multiple big programs, and the landing spot in Cincy seems pretty sweet with a little luck and patience.

Went for a RB flyer in Tyrone Tracy at 3.5. I do think Singletary is pretty solid but nobody else in the NYG RB room seems that scary.

Then from there, loaded up on some TE flyers in either rookies, new teams or prior year disappointments: Theo Johnson (have Waller and potential retirement), Jonnu Smith (the speed TE Miami has been missing?) , Dawson Knox (more 2 TE sets with the turnover in WRs)

Oh, and Dicker the Kicker! Never had him before so what the hell....

Hoping I can turn the corner and compete this year!!

Last edited:
Did my first $350 FPC of the year a few days ago. No idea what to think of this year's board/ADP/tiers etc. Feet = wet.

Richardson, Mayfield
Walker, Ford, Allgeier, Roschon J, K Herbert, Estime
Puka, Nico, Flowers, Jameson Williams, Addison, McConkey, Gabe
Kelce, Kmet, Jordan
D & K

SP Summary - Right from the startup 3 yrs ago I drafted to win now and later and think I have done a decent job. Was #1 seed yrs 1 & 2 and couldn't get it done in playoffs, I think I finished 2nd & 3rd. Last yr was a struggle w Taylor hurt and Diggs crapping himself at the end. Toward the end I was hoping not to make the playoffs, instead I squeaked in and did nothing. Fwiw (not much) I think I am the only one to have made playoffs all 3 yrs.

Can't help but think back to 10/2022 and countering rather than accepting Jabarony's offer of Cmac for J. Taylor straight up. How different things might have been had I not been so worried about Cmacs health issues. Its really been the opposite ever since with Taylor being out and Cmac solid as a rock. C'est la vie

Roster includes:

Mahomes
Kamara, Tony Pollard, Jonathan Taylor, James Cook, Jaylen Warren
Kupp, Nacua, Diggs, Godwin, Xavier Worthy
Isaiah Likely

Unlike previous yrs I still had my 1st rounder, but no 2nd or 3rd

1.07 - Took Worthy, not really excited about him, but with Mahomes at qb the upside was too much to pass on. I liked McConkey and Benson in this range as well.

Previously traded 2nd & 3rd picks during 2023 draft for what turned out to be Marvin Mims and Pierre Strong (ugh) - If I still had my 2nd I would have taken R. Wilson for sure and with my 3rd it would have been close between the player who went at 2.7 (J. Baker) and Vidal.

4.07 - Meh, everything picked over pretty clean, went with Demario Douglas; I like him and I like Maye

Traded future 4th for the 5.2, 6.2 & 7.2

Being TE challenged used my next 3 picks on TE dart throws

5.2 - Jared Wiley
5.7 - Erick All
6.2 - Daniel Bellinger

6.7 - Isaiah Davis, like him but he is buried in ny

7.2 - Kevin Harris

7.7 - Jalen Tolbert
Those are 3 decent TE darts.

Ok. My turn to review my SP FFPC draft, though thinking about this past season in that league makes my stomach turn.
In short, I was going for a 3-peat with my aging roster, made 2 “win now” TE trades that BOTH backfired on me and also made my roster worse in the long term. Those trades were in the Dynasty Trades thread and I don’t want to repost them here or I’ll be sick. ;)

My 16 keepers going into the draft:

QB: JAllen, BYoung
RB: NHarris, JConner, AJones, EDemercado
WR: DAdams, MEvans, RRice, JHyatt, KBourne
TE: TKelce, DGoedert, TKraft
K: Koo ATL
D: BAL

In the rookie/FA draft, I basically went BPA across the board at every pick cuz my roster is going to fall off a cliff at any moment.

2.1 Blake Corum RB LAR - young RB who maybe gets the gig if K Williams can’t hold up. Or McVay gets fickle.
4.1 Jalen McMillan WR TB - no personal opinion on him, but he was the highest ranked rookie on multiple rankings I was referring to, so I went for it. Maybe bonus points since I already roster Evans, so maybe this is a “transition plan” of sorts? No clue.
5.1 Greg Dulcich TE DEN - wanted a young TE. Skipped the super dart throw rookies at this point in the draft and went young with upside hoping he can be a go-to for Nix, since I don’t have much faith in Trautman ahead of him.
5.3 Dylan Laube RB LV - wanted another young RB. Would need a few things to break his way to ever have any value on my roster.
5.8 JJ McCarthy QB MIN - super value here imo. Love this pick. If Bryce Young shows nothing early in year 2, I’ll move on and McCarthy will be me young backup.
5.9 Brenden Rice WR LAC - sure. Why not. Someone has to be in the starting line up at WR for the Chargers this year.
6.1 Devontez Walker WR BAL - again, highest ranked rookie WR on my lists at this spot in the draft.

Overall, I couldn’t feel more “meh” about my draft and will need a bunch of breaks to compete. Or I might be in fire sale mode for future 1st by mid season.

Users who are viewing this thread