What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Focusing on the positive -- GOOD things about the coronavirus situation (1 Viewer)

Got it back today. It’s a 1979 International Scout that’s been restored and modded a little. It’s pretty bad ### and a lot of fun—my kids love it, everyone on the road loves it, and it’s a great place for me to smoke cigars and crank 70s and 80s rock. 

LINK
That is a sweet ride. Can certainly understand why it's so special.

I haven't wore socks since March 17th and it's spectacular. That date coincides with the last day I was in the office, St. Patrick's Day and my birthday so definitely a cause for celebration.

No socks forever!

We are temporarily lessening air pollution and not screwing up our planet as much.  I wish some of it was more sustainable.

Tonight will be the first time my wife and I will be together with our 5 kids in a LONGGGGGGGGG time. There are lots of reasons that I won't get into much detail (custody and visitation issues, bad blood, personality conflicts, kids away at school, etc.). But fences appear to have been mended, we are all in the area, and all systems are go. We were not together all in one place in the entire decade of the 2010s, so for us this is a pretty big deal.

🙏

Two months, three days. Finally put gas in a car. Still had a quarter tank but we were going for a drive so I said what the heck. Best part, it came to $12.85. At first I thought the pump had just kicked off early, which happens at times. But then I realized, no, that's it, full tank for under $13!

My kids sorted all our loose change and put it into sleeves.  Went to the bank yesterday and had just over $400.  Now we're negotiating how we're going to spend it. 

My job has me working near the St. Lucie Lagoon, and the sky and water seem a lot cleaner lately. It's been pretty awesome.

The day after the NBA cancelled the season, I started working on a trail through the woods that surround our house. Always wanted to do it, just never had the time or energy. I have probably logged a good 60 hours at least out there. It has been hard, backbreaking work. I can't even tell you how many days I woke up barely able to move, my whole body aching. At one point, I got poison ivy so bad that my eye swelled shut for a couple days. But this past weekend when I finally picked this up, it was all worth it.  :thumbup:

The day after the NBA cancelled the season, I started working on a trail through the woods that surround our house. Always wanted to do it, just never had the time or energy. I have probably logged a good 60 hours at least out there. It has been hard, backbreaking work. I can't even tell you how many days I woke up barely able to move, my whole body aching. At one point, I got poison ivy so bad that my eye swelled shut for a couple days. But this past weekend when I finally picked this up, it was all worth it.  :thumbup:
You and Harry should take that to Aspen!

Commish's waistline is shrinking....bad food habits have been broken and now I seem to be melting.  I've lost 25 lbs in the last 6 weeks.  At 6'5", I was getting close to 300lbs and had begun a workout regiment a couple months before this started.  Problem was, I hadn't changed a TON of what I was eating.  While I had lost about 10 lbs during that time just before the shutdown, it wasn't going as well as I wanted.  Since being home and eating regularly with the family it's been a huge difference.  Down to 264 now :thumbup:  

Commish's waistline is shrinking....bad food habits have been broken and now I seem to be melting.  I've lost 25 lbs in the last 6 weeks.  At 6'5", I was getting close to 300lbs and had begun a workout regiment a couple months before this started.  Problem was, I hadn't changed a TON of what I was eating.  While I had lost about 10 lbs during that time just before the shutdown, it wasn't going as well as I wanted.  Since being home and eating regularly with the family it's been a huge difference.  Down to 264 now :thumbup:  
Thats awesome...similar here but without the drastic loss thus far.  Had been slowed by a calf injury that has limited my exercise regimen a bit more the last 3 weeks...but managed to bike more and run less for that.  Then 2 days without power had me scrambling more to get a generator and keep it running for the family...now with power back getting back into things..and hope to be running again by the weekend.  Taking more time to plan meals and taking the time to prepare rather than doing what was quick and convenient have helped.

Down about 10 pounds...sure, Id love it to go faster...but understand that it can be a slow process.

Dunno how you guys are managing to lose weight during all of this 🐷 

Should tell all you need to know about all the crap I was eating before.  Buying a bike too, now that I won't break it by simply sitting on it.  Will get me and the kids out of the house for an hour or so for some exercise.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/785353-may-challenge-keeping-track-of-your-eating/

If you're interested a bunch of us are doing a monthlong challenge to track our calories (or points, or carbs, or do intermittent fasting).  So far it's going well.  Join us if you want - we just started Monday and it's never too late to join. This same group did an activity challenge in April and we had people doing over 1000, 1500, 2000 or even 2500 minutes of exercise last month. 

Should tell all you need to know about all the crap I was eating before.  Buying a bike too, now that I won't break it by simply sitting on it.  Will get me and the kids out of the house for an hour or so for some exercise.
My local box stores are all out of bikes. Right up there with toilet paper flying off the shelves.

I've learned to love going into my office, now about 2-4 days a week.  Its an old historical home we converted to offices, and my office is on the top/3rd floor, which I normally share with three women. None of them have been here since early March. Everyone but me and my partner (1st floor) are 100% remote.  Yesterday I opened a window and smoked a cigar in my office mid-afternoon.  I've worked my way through all the good beer in the fridge and have started on the large store of those seltzer drinks the girls bought - honestly not too bad. Today I took a crap in our 3rd floor bathroom, something I would never do with co-workers up here, and decided to just leave the door open for the hell of it so I could enjoy the view while seated.  Loud music all day.  I feel guilty how fantastic this is.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, I'm the opposite.  I go into the office I eat like a bird, walk around all day for meetings, and go to the gym in my building.  

My dad passed away at the end of January. My siblings and I are just about done settling the bigger pieces of his estate, including selling his house (even in this market). But the odd good thing that had come out of it is a car that will be getting new life.

Since we couldn't sell it based on people scared to spend money on a purchase like that these days, I'm going to become the owner of his 1965 Ford Galaxie. It's a land yacht of a car, and my best friend had agreed to let me keep it at his house while we work on getting it back into shape. My dad was the original owner so now we get to see this car run once again, and stay in the family for at least a little while longer. Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew...

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad passed away at the end of January. My siblings and I are just about done settling the bigger pieces of his estate, including selling his house (even in this market). But the odd good thing that had come out of it is a car that will be getting new life.

Since we couldn't sell it based on people scared to spend money on a purchase like that these days, I'm going to become the owner of his 1965 Ford Galaxie. It's a land yacht of a car, and my best friend had agreed to let me keep it at his house while we work on getting it back into shape. My dad was the original owner so now we get to see this car run once again, and stay in the family for at least a little while longer. Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew...
Galaxie 500s were cool enough to have a band named after them.

Slapdash said:
See, I'm the opposite.  I go into the office I eat like a bird, walk around all day for meetings, and go to the gym in my building.  
Same here. When I'm in the office, I rarely buy lunch and usually bring something healthy like a salad or maybe a low calorie tv dinner. Also, i drink so much more water at work because I'm getting up many times and filling up at the water cooler.

Slapdash said:
Otis fat thread and BostonFred's May Challenge, start there. 

I'm down 20+ lbs since about the start of April.  

Free schedule/Work at home to exercise a lot more frequently. 

A Bad and a Good.

The Bad - I can't tell the pretty girls from the ugly one because they all have masks on

The Good- Nobody can tell just how fugly my mug is because with a mask on, I might well look like Brad Pitt

Slapdash said:
I got in a really bad habit of "leaving the house for a break/lunch".  Problem is, all the places around me close enough to leave and come back were fast food.  So now, I use the "break" to go to the HD or Lowes or Walmart to get stuff for projects instead of going to eat.  I just eat at home.  I don't know if you've ever eaten at a Groucho's deli, but over the last couple weeks I have been working on replicating their 45 sauce...found a recipe online that was pretty close and have been making it better.  So it's lots of turkey sandwiches and the occasional salad.  Better than burgers, chicken fingers and the like.

Restaurants mostly closed down here in South Florida, that's the main reason some folks are dropping weight IMHO, that and a resurgence or love affair with nature suddenly. 

Restaurants mostly closed down here in South Florida, that's the main reason some folks are dropping weight IMHO, that and a resurgence or love affair with nature suddenly. 
Bicycle sales are off the charts. Some has to do with fitness as well as not wanting to take public transportation.

Because of Covid, Ticketmaster refunded the cash I coughed up for Journey tickets. That got me to thinking about Ticketmaster. This situation must be devastating for them.

So maybe a GOOD thing, maybe that whole industry will reform into something more people friendly.

Because of Covid, Ticketmaster refunded the cash I coughed up for Journey tickets. That got me to thinking about Ticketmaster. This situation must be devastating for them.

So maybe a GOOD thing, maybe that whole industry will reform into something more people friendly.
Along those lines...would be great if it somehow affected the large "scalping" agencies..  The ones that gobble up tons of tickets and then jack up the price.

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.Here are some ineteresting content i have to share as well;
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-for-sale-near-me/"rel="dofollow">pomeranian for sale near me</a>
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-chihuahua-mix/"rel="dofollow">pomeranian chihuahua mix</a>
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-for-sale/"rel="dofollow">pomeranian for sale</a>
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-on-sale/"rel="dofollow">pomeranian on sale</a>
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-black-and-white/"rel="dofollow">pomeranian black and white</a>
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-miniature/"rel="dofollow">pomeranian miniature</a>
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-black/"rel="pomeranian black</a>
<ahref="https://pomeranianhaustierhaus.com/product/pomeranian-adoption/"rel="dofollow">pomeranian adoption</a>

Users who are viewing this thread