What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Of Thrones - Your Rating On How It's Finishing (3 Viewers)

As the last season of Game of Thrones wraps up, what's your take on how it's finishing?

• 1. Finishing Terribly

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • 2. Finishing Badly

Votes: 37 20.4%
  • 3. Finishing OK

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • 4. Finishing Well

Votes: 51 28.2%
  • 5. Finishing Great

Votes: 30 16.6%

• Total voters
It looked to me like there might be spoilers so I quickly got off that link.   I am not saying it does but I am not taking any chances.
There are zero spoilers 

ETA: for those that are all caught up. If you are behind, I wouldnt read it

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have liked to have heard the Mountain utter the Hounds favorite explicative during their battle so that I could imagine he first taught it to the Hound. 

I might have liked for the Mother of Dragons to have stood over Cersei as she died from her burns instead of seeing her in a rain of falling rubble.

I think Arya has replaced Cersei on her list with Dany, it is still her destiny to slay the mad 2queen.  If that turns out to not be the case I may be disappointed, but maybe not.

I wonder if the series will bring back a more natural look for women and whether it will desensitize folks to the Hound's favorite curse, I hope not on the latter. I find it course, vulgar, even offensive.

Overall, the show is well shot, richly dressed, epic in scope and I have been entertained so long as I can suspend all beliefs and physical laws.  I mean that dragon expelled about 5000 times its weight in fiery gas during its flight around kings landing.  Also, it apparently came with explosive missiles during that attack as it blew stone blocks to smitherines. Still, chicks on dragons, pirates, duels, calvary, its pretty good stuff.

I’ve basically avoided the GOT threads because while I’ve read the books, I haven’t watched the TV show save the first season or so (don’t have HBO).  Is that fat #### going to ever finish the books or should I just get my closure by watching the show?  

I would have liked to have heard the Mountain utter the Hounds favorite explicative during their battle so that I could imagine he first taught it to the Hound. 

I might have liked for the Mother of Dragons to have stood over Cersei as she died from her burns instead of seeing her in a rain of falling rubble.

I think Arya has replaced Cersei on her list with Dany, it is still her destiny to slay the mad 2queen.  If that turns out to not be the case I may be disappointed, but maybe not.

I wonder if the series will bring back a more natural look for women and whether it will desensitize folks to the Hound's favorite curse, I hope not on the latter. I find it course, vulgar, even offensive.

Overall, the show is well shot, richly dressed, epic in scope and I have been entertained so long as I can suspend all beliefs and physical laws.  I mean that dragon expelled about 5000 times its weight in fiery gas during its flight around kings landing.  Also, it apparently came with explosive missiles during that attack as it blew stone blocks to smitherines. Still, chicks on dragons, pirates, duels, calvary, its pretty good stuff.
I would have liked a reappearance of Jaqen H'ghar, possibly aiding Arya escape King's Landing.

right and they get mad when it doesnt turn out the way they thought.  just watch and enjoy
This take is just bad. Being critical of bad writing and bad execution has nothing to do with getting upset that things don’t happen the way people want. 

There were many, many examples in past seasons where the unexpected happened, that didn’t turn out how people thought. 

But because it was well written and executed we all LOVED it. Many people have said that this was one of the best elements of the show. 

I’ve basically avoided the GOT threads because while I’ve read the books, I haven’t watched the TV show save the first season or so (don’t have HBO).  Is that fat #### going to ever finish the books or should I just get my closure by watching the show?  
With many people being left unsatisfied with the show, I am expecting there will be some excellent fan fiction that finishes off the story right. 

Maybe the uproar over how they have botched the end will compel Martin to get it done himself, the way he envisioned it.

This take is just bad. Being critical of bad writing and bad execution has nothing to do with getting upset that things don’t happen the way people want. 

There were many, many examples in past seasons where the unexpected happened, that didn’t turn out how people thought. 

But because it was well written and executed we all LOVED it. Many people have said that this was one of the best elements of the show. 
I think one thing to keep in mind is that whether or not something is "bad writing" is subjective.

Enjoying it but definitely feels rushed and I just realized there are only 6 episodes this season.  Thought we had a few more left.  A lot to unpack in such a short time.  

I voted badly.  It's rushed and it turned into standard movie/tv writing.  The chance meeting of Jamie and Euron resulting in a fight to the death was the final nail in the coffin.  That was exceptionally terrible.  It's only worth watching to find out what happened to some incredible characters, but I've been pretty disappointed throughout the season.  I think episode two is the only one I really liked.

Have you watched Dexter?
Only S1 - I couldn't take the character of his sister.  Just terrible.   I liked the general idea of the show, but never tried to watch again and heard it spirals badly after about S4.  

True Blood was about the only example I could think of because if a show gets really bad, I stop watching.  Was different here because the wife was watching with me, and 1. We don't do that much, 2. She will watch anything to completion, no matter the quality.  

Only S1 - I couldn't take the character of his sister.  Just terrible.   I liked the general idea of the show, but never tried to watch again and heard it spirals badly after about S4.  

True Blood was about the only example I could think of because if a show gets really bad, I stop watching.  Was different here because the wife was watching with me, and 1. We don't do that much, 2. She will watch anything to completion, no matter the quality.  
I hated dexter as well

I liked the first 4 seasons, but the last one was atrocious.

Users who are viewing this thread