What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W11 - Denver V New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Just a question for everyone-- being down 20-0 in the first, do you kick that fieldgoal or go for the TD?
FG, take the 3 against that defense. 40+ mins left, no need to get antsy just yet.
:thumbup: Yup. Kicking the FG on fourth in that situation was the ONLY correct call Haslett made once the team got to the five.

Just a question for everyone-- being down 20-0 in the first, do you kick that fieldgoal or go for the TD?
FG, take the 3 against that defense. 40+ mins left, no need to get antsy just yet.
I agree. Saints usually start slowly, then heat up.

Not a single carry or pass to Deuce since he got them to the five - Haslett should be canned.
He did have a carry to the 1 negated by a penalty...
No he didn't - he had a carry to the one and BEFORE the next play they got called for 12 in the huddle - a coach's penalty.

Saints might be the single worst coached team in the league since Wannie quit.12 in the huddle, a RB who is on FIRE to touch the ball, almost single handedly got you to the five, you WORK him until he fails you, then you pass the ball.When you have a QB is as horrible as Brooks, you get the ball as often as possible to the guy who IS playing well.Not a single carry or pass to Deuce since he got them to the five - Haslett should be canned. Incidentally, while I own Deuce in a couple leagues, I own Brooks in three, and I have to play him every week in one of them, so I want to see Brooks succeed and pass in the red zone - it is simply absolutely horrible football Haslett is coaching and it is horrible plkay coming from Brooks in trying to exetcute those plays the last two weeks. If I were a Saints fan, I'd have daily e-mail campaign together to get Haslett fired.
It's too bad that Tom Benson is as bad an owner as Haslett is a coach

Oh my.Brooks is going down and sidearms a pass right to Al Wilson...8 yards and it's another 6 for the Broncos.FTR, I'm a Bronco fan and feel bad for Saints fans.

3-8-NO 17 (7:14) (Shotgun) A.Brooks pass INTERCEPTED by A.Wilson at NO 7. A.Wilson for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN. :cry:

Great. Pretty much guaranteeing #### outta both Jake ##### Plummer and Deuce ####### McAllister. ####!!!!!

My last decisoin this morning was benching Al Wilson for Lance Briggs :angry: Briggs has some work to do.

My last decisoin this morning was benching Al Wilson for Lance Briggs :angry: Briggs has some work to do.
Didn't know people really played in IDP leagues. Thought that was just a myth.
That's because we invite only really good FF players to play IDP. :P JK of course - we have a staff IDP league and i haven't played IDP in three or four years, and it reminds me how much skill this game can really exact from you. There's a whole other side of the field, you know, and when EVERY SINGLE PLAY - including a tackle after a two yard game - means something to you, watching fantasy football becomes a whole new ball game.

What happened on the no-catch? All I see is it was reversed...
He bobbled the ball, so his left foot was out when he had possession. Could have easily shortened his stride by a foot and been in, but was just lazy.Made up for it with that TD catch just now...

My last decisoin this morning was benching Al Wilson for Lance Briggs  :angry: Briggs has some work to do.
Didn't know people really played in IDP leagues. Thought that was just a myth.
That's because we invite only really good FF players to play IDP. :P JK of course - we have a staff IDP league and i haven't played IDP in three or four years, and it reminds me how much skill this game can really exact from you. There's a whole other side of the field, you know, and when EVERY SINGLE PLAY - including a tackle after a two yard game - means something to you, watching fantasy football becomes a whole new ball game.
I know, I was just f'n with Calcasi. I think my wife would officially divorce me if I joined another league. I''ve already promised her that I need to drop a league or to next year

Saints might be the single worst coached team in the league since Wannie quit.12 in the huddle, a RB who is on FIRE to touch the ball, almost single handedly got you to the five, you WORK him until he fails you, then you pass the ball.When you have a QB is as horrible as Brooks, you get the ball as often as possible to the guy who IS playing well.Not a single carry or pass to Deuce since he got them to the five - Haslett should be canned. Incidentally, while I own Deuce in a couple leagues, I own Brooks in three, and I have to play him every week in one of them, so I want to see Brooks succeed and pass in the red zone - it is simply absolutely horrible football Haslett is coaching and it is horrible plkay coming from Brooks in trying to exetcute those plays the last two weeks. If I were a Saints fan, I'd have daily e-mail campaign together to get Haslett fired.
what a surprise....Levin is going off on the saints again.BIAS.....but totally in agrement with your post. :bag:

Challenge it Shanny!!!Cap - Stallworth almost caught that last one as he was coming down on a step. Next foot in, next foot out. Ruled no possession on the first step.Guess he made up for it on this catch though...

what a surprise....Levin is going off on the saints again.BIAS.....but totally in agrement with your post. :bag:
Actually I like the Saints - I feel bad for them that they have to suffer through such talent being wasted by two positions - HC and QB - who are makling horrible football decisions game in and game out this year.I AM biased against Haslett - I think he has received too much leeway as it is, and should have been officially and publicly placed on the hot seat - Brooks, too - that Haslett has yet to replace him in a game due to bad decision making is beyond me.

i seem to recall you bashing our fans earlier this summer. it also seems every post you start off with in a saints thread is negative.just an observation.we have it bad enough without everyone piling on all the time. :bag:

I really hope that the Saints either draft a franchise QB or win the Drew Brees sweepstakes next year.
I don't now if Breese is the answer. I'd be willing to endure another year of Brooks under a different coach/system. Haslett hurts the team much more than Brooks does

i seem to recall you bashing our fans earlier this summer. it also seems every post you start off with in a saints thread is negative.
It was Wimer -- not Levin.I remember that thread well :gang: . Saints fans were representin'.

I really hope that the Saints either draft a franchise QB or win the Drew Brees sweepstakes next year.
I don't now if Breese is the answer. I'd be willing to endure another year of Brooks under a different coach/system. Haslett hurts the team much more than Brooks does
Brooks and Haslett should switch spots. Similar results are likely.

I don't know if Brees is the answer either, but I'm pretty sure it's not Brooks. Not if the question is "What quarterback do you want leading your NFL team?" anyway...

i seem to recall you bashing our fans earlier this summer. just an observation.
Nope - you are 100% wrong on that.
it also seems every post you start off with in a saints thread is negative.
When your coach and QB are playing this badly, and you are wasting a talent like Deuce, what do you expect?I am once again rendered speechless by Brooks' play - the forward pass behind the LOS out of bounds, and then the horrible throw in the dirt after Deuce gave them such momentum?What do you expect - positive commentary in a FF forum for that type of play? As I said earlier I have Deuce and Brooks in multiple leagues - I also have Boo and Horn in a legaue or two - so I am interested in seeing them play WELL - not the craptacular fest they have been putting on the last few weeks. Since the team has so many of my players, I feel perfectly justified making commentary in game threads when they are coached and QB'd so poorly.

Haslett's leadership hurts. But a lot of times, Haz is getting blame for the play-calling, when Mike McCarthy really should be getting the razzes.

every post you start off with in a saints thread is negative.
Also, if they ever started a game positively instead of looking like they woke up hungover from la late night on Bourbon street, I'd start a thread with positive YAHOO comments since my FF team would be benefitting.

Haslett's leadership hurts. But a lot of times, Haz is getting blame for the play-calling, when Mike McCarthy really should be getting the razzes.
Fire both of them - the guy who is responsible for whacking the OC up the side of the head after a game of poor play calling is Haslett.Also, Haslett is ultimately responsible for game planning the next opponent.

every post you start off with in a saints thread is negative.
Also, if they ever started a game positively instead of looking like they woke up hungover from la late night on Bourbon street ...
:lol: Ol' Kenny Stabler reading the playbook by the light of a jukebox ... good times back then. :rotflmao:

Fire both of them - the guy who is responsible for whacking the OC up the side of the head after a game of poor play calling is Haslett.Also, Haslett is ultimately responsible for game planning the next opponent.
:thumbup:

There aren't enouh clipboards in the world :no: .Your point is spot-on -- but I hate to see McCarthy missing out on his fair share of brickbats.

There aren't enouh clipboards in the world :no: .Your point is spot-on -- but I hate to see McCarthy missing out on his fair share of brickbats.
OK, I'll make sure to include his name in all the play calling screw ups, too. How abou twe simply refer to them as the two-headed Saint killin gplay callers known as McHasletarthy.

Considering the complete ###-wooping Denver is putting on the Saints (and the Saints are putting on themselves), I'm concerned this is still just a 2 TD game at the half...

Considering the complete ###-wooping Denver is putting on the Saints (and the Saints are putting on themselves), I'm concerned this is still just a 2 TD game at the half...
True dat - esp when you consider that Brooks gave the D a gift TD, the Saints' D has to feel good they pretty much stopped the Denver O in the second q. an dgave their O a chance to get back in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread