What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W15 - Denver at Houston (1 Viewer)

Anyone with some info on DeMeco Ryans availability? Didn't take too much comfort in this quote:

""I think there's a chance (Ryans won't play), but knowing that kid, I think he'll be ready to go," coach Gary Kubiak said. "(Tuesday) he just basically took all the calls, stood in the back with me and watched the defense."

TIA.

And yes, thank God for the Gumbel-Free broadcast. :boxing:

I'm pretty pumped for this one, as this is likely to be the only playoff caliber game either team will play this year. The loser is done, while the winner will have a shred of hope. Plus there is the Shahanan v. Kubiak angle, which might result in all sorts of Shanahanigans (love those NFLN commercials). Should be a very watchable contest, even for non Broncos/Texans fans.

Does Kubiak knowing the Denver schemes, give Houston an advantage? I would like to see a good game out of Sage.

brandon marshall please ge close to last weeks performance..i mean i had a bye and you went off... ineed you..well not in that way

I would be quite happy with Andre Johnson grabbing 6-120-1 and Elam kicking three fieldgoals and some extra points.

Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:
A win again ov said:
I would be quite happy with Andre Johnson grabbing 6-120-1 and Elam kicking three fieldgoals and some extra points.
:mellow: Add some yardage/TDs for Selvin and Daniels and I am a happy man.No defense...let's have a good 'ole AFL shootout.
:scared: Hope so.

New and Improved!

Gumbel-Free!

Passing, Sage, Hail Marys and Overtime?

:no:
Jeff, what do you like in this game tonight? You've been on fire lately. :( I think the Bronco's win the game...not sure if I'm confident enough in that to lay down any cash. The over looks to be the best bet of the night...Denver is 10-2 this year O/U, Houston is 2-0 this year O/U as a home dog. However, neither of these teams have had to deal with covered a line above 47. Cutler looks like he's rounding into form (didn't he do this at the end of last season too?) and the Houston offense has looked really good at times this year. Both defenses are susceptible to the big play (Dre Bly has that effect on teams). The "game predictor" has this one coming in at 50.5 total...the 2nd highest scoring game of the week (just behind the NO/AZ shootout).

Last edited by a moderator:
New and Improved!

Gumbel-Free!

Passing, Sage, Hail Marys and Overtime?

:penalty:
Jeff, what do you like in this game tonight? You've been on fire lately. :hey: I think the Bronco's win the game...not sure if I'm confident enough in that to lay down any cash. The over looks to be the best bet of the night...Denver is 10-2 this year O/U, Houston is 2-0 this year O/U as a home dog. However, neither of these teams have had to deal with covered a line above 47. Cutler looks like he's rounding into form (didn't he do this at the end of last season too?) and the Houston offense has looked really good at times this year. Both defenses are susceptible to the big play (Dre Bly has that effect on teams). The "game predictor" has this one coming in at 50.5 total...the 2nd highest scoring game of the week (just behind the NO/AZ shootout).
Denver did cover a 47 O/U vs. Detroit (44-7 loss). Anyway, here are some more interesting stats for tonight's game...

Denver's last 4 road games: OAK 34-20 (L), CHI 37-34 (L), KC 27-11 (W), DET 44-7 (L)...All bad losses. Their only win came in KC's first game without LJ. Contrarily, here are Houston's last 4 home games: TB 28-14 (W), NO 23-10 (W), TEN 36-38 (L), MIA 22-19 (W)...You can argue that those are 3 quality wins to go with the crazy Tennessee game. Looks like Houston is the better play tonight.

Not sure how many units, but I'm going Houston + Over tonight. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
And now for a who do I start in the wrong forum. Dayne, Echemandu or Walker?
I would definitely say Walker - I think Dayne is a no go (doubtful) and Echemandu has been invisible lately. Also Kubiak (on ESPN - according to a link above I think? was saying Walker would get the bulk of carries if Dayne was out.Walker might be a decent play for those of us desperate enough to find a starter due to RB injuries...

And now for a who do I start in the wrong forum. Dayne, Echemandu or Walker?
I would definitely say Walker - I think Dayne is a no go (doubtful) and Echemandu has been invisible lately. Also Kubiak (on ESPN - according to a link above I think? was saying Walker would get the bulk of carries if Dayne was out.Walker might be a decent play for those of us desperate enough to find a starter due to RB injuries...
Thanks my second RB has to be one of the three and I didn't have the time to do the research today.

first week of playoffs..i slipped my way in with 1000000 injuries this year...go sage and walker... :own3d:

I don't know why but I expected this thread to be folks discussing the game and match ups, not this rah-rah and hoping stuff.

How does the weather look for tonights game?
Doesn't the stadium have a retractable roof. If it was supposed to rain I would think they'd close the roof then.Does anyone know when the inactives list comes out? I want to see whether Dayne is active or not. Thanks.

How does the weather look for tonights game?
Doesn't the stadium have a retractable roof. If it was supposed to rain I would think they'd close the roof then.Does anyone know when the inactives list comes out? I want to see whether Dayne is active or not. Thanks.
Inactives (official ones) come 60-90 minutes before kickoff.You can expect some word to leak out a bit earlier with Schefter on the job. You should know about Javon Walker and Ron Dayne early.

If Dayne is out, I'm seriously considering starting Walker over Edgerrin James. Edge has been downright pedestrian for weeks (I'm sick and tired of the 7-9 FF point totals) and is consistently ranked too high on brand value alone. Since when does brand names put points in your lineup? At least Walker will get the bulk of the load tonight with no shortage of motivation (first career start) and he goes against a sorry excuse for a run defense. It's risky. It goes against the 'always start your studs' BS, but I submit to fellow Edge owners - is James still a stud? No way. Ok, that's my rant for the night. I don't normally post this kind of meaningless drivel, so I apologize in advance. :stalker: Run. Darius. Run.

Total is 47. That is HIGH for an NFL game. If you are waffling, I'd start guys in this game tonight. Other reasons include the weather issues coming this weekend and of course, national TV. I doubt anyone's flat for this, which won't be the case across the board this weekend. :popcorn:

And do not adjust your sets -

The Texans will be wearing their "Battle Red" jerseys ANNNNDDDD red pants.

Texans Inactives-(no mention of Demeco Ryans for IDPers)

Following are the inactives for the Texans' matchup with the Denver Broncos tonight at Reliant Stadium.Texans' inactives are: 25 CB Dexter Wynn 8 QB Matt Schaub 64 G Kasey Studdard 71 T Jordan Black 75 T Brandon Frye 53 LB William Kershaw 88 TE Jeb Putzier 89 WR David Anderson

Denver inactives:

Darrell Hackney (3rd QB)

WR Brandon Stokley

S Nick Ferguson

RB Mike Bell

S Marviel Underwood

G Isaac Snell

DEs Larry Birdine and Paul Carrington

Users who are viewing this thread