What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - Buffalo V New England (1 Viewer)

Choice TDSpiller wasn't in on that goal-line package.
That's after Gailey said that Spiller would be in the goaline packages as long as he was fresh and didn't just break a big carry.What an idiot. You're the coach for the Buffalo Bills now, not Georgia Tech. Stop being loyal to your former players and start using your best players.

Also, congrats to Stevie Johnson. Hard to believe, but he just became the FIRST Buffalo WR to EVER post back to back seasons of 1000+ receiving yards.

Too bad Buffalo is going to be dumb enough to let him go after signing Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick to an extension.

I swear I'd just become and Eagles fan if I didn't think they were dysfunctional as well.

serious question (not meant to be sarcastic)

do you really think they will let Stevie go?? Why? They need receiver help as it is.

Pats fans have to be absolutely sick to their stomach watching this secondary right before the playoffs. They make Buffalo's secondary look like actual professionals by comparison. And Buffalo's secondary is scary bad.

serious question (not meant to be sarcastic) do you really think they will let Stevie go?? Why? They need receiver help as it is.
Yes. I think they really are that stupid and cheap. Look what they did with Jason Peters. They pay too much ie the wrong players and then don't want to spend on the guys that really deserve it. They're like the bizarro Eagles in that regard. They give extensions to mediocre players like Kelsay instead of extending good young players before they get to free agency.I think Gailey and the Bills believe that Stevie's success is due to their system and not because of Stevie. Just plug some other scrub in there and Fitzpatrick will make him look good. :lmao:

Pats need to play all of their playoff games like they are down3 TDs. Otherwise they will get smoked.

I can't believe Stevie Johnson got ANOTHER UC penalty for a TD celebration. Unreal. The guy is an unrepentant moron. I don't want the Bills to lose him, but good gravy he's a jack***

BB dropping some audible f bombs on the refs for a missed hold. I'd love to hear more audio like that during the game. They could put it on that Showtime show.

serious question (not meant to be sarcastic) do you really think they will let Stevie go?? Why? They need receiver help as it is.
I think it would be insane to let him go given his age, his proven productivity and that there is no one else on the roster to fill that void. His contract demands leaked to the press this week didn't seem unreasonable at all.

serious question (not meant to be sarcastic)

do you really think they will let Stevie go?? Why? They need receiver help as it is.
Yes. I think they really are that stupid and cheap. Look what they did with Jason Peters. They pay too much ie the wrong players and then don't want to spend on the guys that really deserve it. They're like the bizarro Eagles in that regard. They give extensions to mediocre players like Kelsay instead of extending good young players before they get to free agency.I think Gailey and the Bills believe that Stevie's success is due to their system and not because of Stevie. Just plug some other scrub in there and Fitzpatrick will make him look good. :lmao:
The Peters example isn't accurate. They offered Peters a comparable deal that he received from the Eagles. He just didn't want to stay in Buffalo. And the cheap moniker hasn't really fit the Bills since the 1980s. Wilson spent the money to keep the 1990s Superbowl teams together. He again spent the money in the early 2000s to bring in high-priced free agents/trades (Spikes, Adams, Fletcher, Bledsoe, etc.). Yes, they've been well under the salary cap for a few years now, but they've also shown the willingness to dole out big contracts to the players they think are valuable.

The problem with the Bills is that they seem to be willing to pay free agents to COME to Buffalo, but don't want to pay the guys they drafted. Kyle Williams seems to be the exception.

I just don't see them paying Stevie what he thinks he can get. And I imagine he WILL get it somewhere else.

I'd like to keep Stevie Johnson around even if it means "overpaying" for his services. But really getting Fitz under contract was more important. I can't question the front office's priorities on this.

The problem with the Bills is that they seem to be willing to pay free agents to COME to Buffalo, but don't want to pay the guys they drafted. Kyle Williams seems to be the exception.

I just don't see them paying Stevie what he thinks he can get. And I imagine he WILL get it somewhere else.
I don't even know if that's true. The Bills' drafts have been so horrible in the last decade that there have been few players worth keeping. Posluszny might be the exception, although the jury is still out on that decision.But, yes, I agree that they need to resign Stevie.

I'd like to keep Stevie Johnson around even if it means "overpaying" for his services. But really getting Fitz under contract was more important. I can't question the front office's priorities on this.
The $7.5 million/year he's seeking isn't outrageous at all. I know fans are pissed over his TD celebrations and the Jets drop, but he still put up 1,000+ this year when he was never 100% healthy.

I hear drawing penalties for excessive celebrations and failing to show up in crunch time are great ways to get front offices to cave to your contract demands. He obviously went to the DeSean Jackson School of Negotiation.

I hear drawing penalties for excessive celebrations and failing to show up in crunch time are great ways to get front offices to cave to your contract demands. He obviously went to the DeSean Jackson School of Negotiation.
The Stevie/Jackson comparisons aren't accurate. By all accounts, Stevie is well liked in the locker room and his effort has never been questioned. He's had two notable drops over two seasons, but has otherwise put up very nice numbers. Stevie has also excelled against top notch cornerbacks as the primary receiver (Revis and Bailey).

The Stevie/Jackson comparisons aren't accurate. By all accounts, Stevie is well liked in the locker room and his effort has never been questioned. He's had two notable drops over two seasons, but has otherwise put up very nice numbers. Stevie has also excelled against top notch cornerbacks as the primary receiver (Revis and Bailey).
Well I don't think they're similar players, I'd say Stevie is more like Chad Johnson, seems more interested in being a "celebrity" than being a great football player(not saying they're not good but they both could obviously be better). I think the similarity is the immaturity which leads both of them to put their ego in front of winning football games. Edit: And the fact they both want to get paid and deserve to, but they just don't do themselves any favors by acting like 10 year olds whenever they do something.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is that Johnson is the only WR on our roster who would start for any other team in the league. I don't see the upside to letting him walk.

I could see the Redskins doling out big money for Johnson. They need a young WR and they love overpaying for free agents. I think the Patriots would give him a nice offer too. In terms of gameplay, he's pretty similar to Deion Branch and I bet Belicheck thinks he could get Stevie to tow the party line.

Looks like Stevie has been benched since the TD.Nice.
Yeah, our final memory of Johnson in a Buffalo uniform can be of him getting benched after getting a 15 yard UC penalty for celebrating after a TD. Again. And for something as juvenile as having a "Happy New Year" shirt on under his uniform.What an idiot.

I can't believe that there are Bills fans that still don't see the Fitzpatrick signing as a HUGE mistake and total disaster.

I can't believe that there are Bills fans that still don't see the Fitzpatrick signing as a HUGE mistake and total disaster.
Trading the first round pick that turned into Fred Taylor for Rob Johnson was a huge mistake. Investing a first in JP Losman was a huge mistake. Spending Ralph Wilson's money to tie up a pefectly serviceable QB for the next bunch of seasons seems like a pretty decent move to me. Did Fitzpatrick run over your dog or something? Your personal hatred of this guy seems all out of whack.As I'm typing this, Sanchez just ended his team's season by being picked off at the goal line. Drafting that guy was a big mistake for the Jets. Fitz is fine.

I've never been a Fitzpatrick fan, but I can live with the extension. Under the new salary cap rules, this won't prevent them from drafting a QB in an early round. And this gives the Bills stability at the position for at least the next couple seasons - which they haven't had in 10 years.

You guys are nuts if you think Fitz is serviceable. He has a very subpar completion percentage, especially for a guy that can't throw downfield and he throws interventions like they're going out of style. He stinks.

What's his QB rating and QBR?

Users who are viewing this thread