What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - Denver at San Diego (1 Viewer)

Why people continue to defend Drew Brees....I do not know. He's been absolutely horrible for a month and a half now, only playing well aganist the Colts.

Why people continue to defend Drew Brees....I do not know. He's been absolutely horrible for a month and a half now, only playing well aganist the Colts.
Couldn't agree with you more. I was able to watch him vs the phins ealier this month. In the first half it seemed he was only hanging on the ball for a couple of seconds. In the second half it seemed he changed everything and was holding on the ball way too long and trying to force things.Could the past month and half determine if he's going to stay in SD or be traded?

"Horrible" is a little tough assessment, no?

Brees disdain for Gates clearly apparent in the first quarter, this does not bode well for the future

Why people continue to defend Drew Brees....I do not know.  He's been absolutely horrible for a month and a half now, only playing well aganist the Colts.
I like Brees, and I think he's SD's best long-term option at QB, but no, Horrible does not begin to describe his play of the last 6 weeks. WAS, MIA and KC games were just unforgiveable for a team in the playoff hunt and a Pro Bowl-caliber QB.

Why people continue to defend Drew Brees....I do not know.  He's been absolutely horrible for a month and a half now, only playing well aganist the Colts.
I like Brees, and I think he's SD's best long-term option at QB, but no, Horrible does not begin to describe his play of the last 6 weeks. WAS, MIA and KC games were just unforgiveable for a team in the playoff hunt and a Pro Bowl-caliber QB.
Ok, if you go by the fact that he is "Pro Bowl caliber", then yes he has been a "horrible" Pro Bowler. I personally don't think he is Pro Bowl caliber even though he made it. I think he's a decent QB despite his recent performances.

he's had no LT and he's the most accurate passer in the league. don't even respond with any other QB names (manning, etc) he is the most accurate.

Brees disdain for Gates clearly apparent in the first quarter, this does not bode well for the future
Huh? What do you mean?
Apparently the first quarter takes away all the passes Brees has thrown Gates this year...one quarter shows a "disdain", while the past 15 games has been a fluke.Sounds about right.

he's had no LT and he's the most accurate passer in the league. don't even respond with any other QB names (manning, etc) he is the most accurate.
no, he's not. he may have the highest completion percentage, but no one in the NFL pads their completion stats with short throws like Drew Brees.Bring on Philip already.

no, he's not. he may have the highest completion percentage, but no one in the NFL pads their completion stats with short throws like Drew Brees.Bring on Philip already.
Speak of the devil. . . :devil:

You're right! He's as bad as that Carson Palmer guy at padding his completion stats with short throws! But hey, Palmer's a little worse...Drew Brees: 11.14 yards per completion

Carson Palmer: 11.12 yards per completion

just tuned in, is brees done for the day or is Rivers just getting a few series?
Brees got chicken-winged trying to recover a fumble -- defender landed on his right arm and he twisted his throwing shoulder pretty badly. Possibly a dislocation or a separation by the look of it. He went straight to the locker room after going to the sidelines. No official update yet but I would be surprised if he returns.

Well, if this was an important game, I'd be upset.How can a play clock operator make a 4 point difference in a game?That's how.

Tomlinson's TD gives him 20 for the season, new SD season record.He also passed Lance Alworth earlier in the game for SD team record: Yards from Scrimmage, career.

Did Sauerbrun kick the 2nd x-pt or Elam got both? NFL.com says Elam only kicked the 1st.
I am playing the Elam owner, and CBS says Sauerbrun kicked XP # 2.Now if Marty would let Nate kick a FG sometime today......

Did Sauerbrun kick the 2nd x-pt or Elam got both?  NFL.com says Elam only kicked the 1st.
I am playing the Elam owner, and CBS says Sauerbrun kicked XP # 2.Now if Marty would let Nate kick a FG sometime today......
Every site says Sauerbrun kicked the 2nd, but I doubt it. I think it's a mistake. I am looking for someone who saw it live. Who kicked it?

My goodness, it seems like every SD special teams play ends in a penalty. That is lack of discipline (maybe talent as well). Who's their special teams coach?

Plummer on bench in 2nd half. Dayne now in at RB (10 mins left in 3rd)Rod Smith was sitting next to Plummer, he may be done as well.

Did Sauerbrun kick the 2nd x-pt or Elam got both?  NFL.com says Elam only kicked the 1st.
Every site says Sauerbrun kicked the 2nd, but I doubt it. I think it's a mistake. I am looking for someone who saw it live. Who kicked it?
I just rewound to check for you... didn't mention the name, but he was no. 1.

Thanks man

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Sauerbrun kick the 2nd x-pt or Elam got both? NFL.com says Elam only kicked the 1st.
Is Rod Smith out of the game?I am playing the Elam owner, and CBS says Sauerbrun kicked XP # 2.

Now if Marty would let Nate kick a FG sometime today......
Thanks man

I am in my super bowl and have Gates. Can someone explain the statement about Brees' disdain for Gates? I haven't been watching the game, but looking at the box score I'm not too happy.

McCardell is NOT impressive at all today. Looked awful. 6 catches is nice, but aside from stats he had a bad game.

I am in my super bowl and have Gates. Can someone explain the statement about Brees' disdain for Gates? I haven't been watching the game, but looking at the box score I'm not too happy.
Comment makes no sense to me. And the poster has not come back to explain.

Phillip Rivers is a little #####. #### him. He should have been tossed for that facemask on Cox. I hope he has a miserable career and never plays well anywhere ever. Little ####in #####.

Users who are viewing this thread