What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - New England V San Diego (1 Viewer)

:lmao: the crowd still booing. They want Patriot blood spilt. Pats did it to themselves last year, now everyone wants to see them crushed by 50 if they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best crowd ever. up by 27 and you can hear them after every play...the booing was classic. still angry about that DEN game i guess :lmao:

YES! LT gets just enough yards rushing/receiving for me to win by 1 point. Phew.

Hang in there, LT owners. His moves looked pretty good on that 29-yard reception.

Al Michaels (after the last pass on the last play goes incomplete): "Is it over? In the one sense it is. And in the other, it isn't".

Apart from the 2 TDs, I was almost dead on with my LT prediction. He had 23 touches and 118 yards. Love me.
People give you alot of #### you don't deserve. It doesn't matter what your motivations are, if you are correct, you are correct. In fact, your opinions should be respected more than some mindless SD homer that refuses to let go of their heros of the past. Keep posting buddy!

god belicheck is a doouchebag :sarcasm: what a tool calling that last time out. i'm with the crowd...they should have put up 50 on them and not let up.

Glad to have won, it was a must win for the Chargers, but seems not as good since it was Cassell, not Brady.

I gotta feeling if it was Brady back there tonight, he would have found the several open guys instead of finding the dirt on his third read!!

Apart from the 2 TDs, I was almost dead on with my LT prediction. He had 23 touches and 118 yards. Love me.
People give you alot of #### you don't deserve. It doesn't matter what your motivations are, if you are correct, you are correct. In fact, your opinions should be respected more than some mindless SD homer that refuses to let go of their heros of the past. Keep posting buddy!
He was pretty close, but he's up and down more than an EKG printout. It dpends on every carry.

His moves looked pretty good on that 29-yard reception.
That kind of struck me as well. He's clearly not 100%, but at least he seems to be able to moving better laterally. The way this offense is coming along, maybe he'll have a good second half of the season after all.

Seems to be less Patriot fans around here this year. Odd.
:lmao: Still here!Game post-mortum:Boltz bettered my prediction of 31-17 Chargers. I continue to under-estimate how bad Cassel is. Not only was there limited visible progress, but it seems to me his fatal flaw is an inability to handle pressure. He simply does weird things under durress. Not seeing Watson, immediately spiking the ball when a fat lineman is rushing him, sweating profusely, dance around like a nervous girl, etc. His (weak) performance is almost linearly related to protection.And speaking of protection, the oline is not only breaking down when Cassel holds on too long, but is flat out breaking down from the snap. Madden gave a lot of credit to "multiple looks" from the Chargers, but regardless of looks, the Pats oline seems to have more significant problems than Matt Cassel, although he's tied to that anchor via calling out protections.The Delta ONeal experiment blew a gasket yesterday; the gentleman appears to not understand the importance of position in pass defense.I'm GUESSING that if NE gets blown out by Denver (fails to put up 17 points) the OConnell plan we'll get significantly accelerated. Mortenson repeated prior statements about the Patriots maybe looking for a quarterback, but I've yet to see any confirmation...

:lmao: Still here!Game post-mortum:Boltz bettered my prediction of 31-17 Chargers. I continue to under-estimate how bad Cassel is. Not only was there limited visible progress, but it seems to me his fatal flaw is an inability to handle pressure. He simply does weird things under durress. Not seeing Watson, immediately spiking the ball when a fat lineman is rushing him, sweating profusely, dance around like a nervous girl, etc. His (weak) performance is almost linearly related to protection.And speaking of protection, the oline is not only breaking down when Cassel holds on too long, but is flat out breaking down from the snap. Madden gave a lot of credit to "multiple looks" from the Chargers, but regardless of looks, the Pats oline seems to have more significant problems than Matt Cassel, although he's tied to that anchor via calling out protections.The Delta ONeal experiment blew a gasket yesterday; the gentleman appears to not understand the importance of position in pass defense.I'm GUESSING that if NE gets blown out by Denver (fails to put up 17 points) the OConnell plan we'll get significantly accelerated. Mortenson repeated prior statements about the Patriots maybe looking for a quarterback, but I've yet to see any confirmation...
As silly as Madden is sometimes, I agree with what he was saying at the end of the game - the playcalling was puzzling. You're down big and going to lose, so use these last few minutes as a learning opportunity for Cassel. Have him run a 2-minute drill, throw it down the field; instead, they ran that shotgun handoff to Faulk (or Morris, can't recall now) at least 3-4 times, and ran out the game. In my mind, that was the NE coaches giving up on Cassel - they have to be looking to start a new guy next week.

:pickle: Still here!Game post-mortum:The Delta ONeal experiment blew a gasket yesterday; the gentleman appears to not understand the importance of position in pass defense.
The Bengals have zero talent evaluation skills and could have told the genius staff in NE that. O'Neal is too small and has lost several steps

The Patriots defense is a major problem. Rivers didn't get hit a single time last night. Not once.

This is a mediocre .500 football team this year.

Maybe I've just missed it, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of talk about the decision by the Patriots to stay on the West Coast between games. The Cardinals kind of got ripped for making that decision but there hasn't been nearly the same amount of talk about the Patriots deciding to do it.

I don't know that it really made a difference in either case, but I do find it interesting that it seemed like a pretty big deal with the Cards did it but seemed like a total non-issue when the Pats did.

Users who are viewing this thread