What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W9 - Detroit V Seattle (1 Viewer)

Oof. Off the uprights. Pretty good drive for Detroit earns them nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasselbeck picked off by rookie Louis Delmas on Seattle's first play.

Guess I got the wrong WR.

M.Stafford pass short middle to B.Pettigrew for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

There was a time where Magatron was the go to guy.

TD Pettigrew -- 1st one for Brandon.

And Jason Hanson actually gets on the board this time (his first point since wk 5).

Stafford and Pettigrew low like they have some good mojo.
While I really hated them going there with the #2 pick, he's a good one. Historically rookie TEs very rarely put up great numbers, his have been relatively decent. Great run blocker as well.

Excellent catch by Bryant Johnson.

Lions up 14-0.

Yeah, that doesn't look right to me, either.

I had this down as one of six possible winnable games (err...but then again, felt that way about STL at home).

I had this down as one of six possible winnable games (err...but then again, felt that way about STL at home).
Detroit didn't have Calvin and Stafford who looked great and improving just came back from a knee injury. This offense looks night and day with both Stafford and Calvin Johnson in there.

Detroit didn't have Calvin and Stafford who looked great and improving just came back from a knee injury. This offense looks night and day with both Stafford and Calvin Johnson in there.
stafford looks great - calvin is I guess a decoy
Ball just thrown to Calvin there but it was overthrown. Which means it was thrown way the #### over his head.

Ball just thrown to Calvin there but it was overthrown. Which means it was thrown way the #### over his head.

Does Calvin seem slower than normal to anyone else??

Does Calvin seem slower than normal to anyone else??
Hard to tell. I'm guessing he's just being covered well, given the passes to Pettigrew, Johnson, or the checkdowns to the RBs. Only one where we really saw him run was the incompletion, and it's hard to say that speed (or lack thereof) was why he couldn't shake the defender.

wonder if the Lions will EVER utilize Calvin as much as they should. :shrug:
Hasn't Bryant Johnson looked pretty good this season? I'm hardly a fan but he's been an unexpected compliment to Calvin. From what little I've seen of the Lions this season, they appear to be making some strides to becoming competent which is something new.Having the rest of the offense establish itself can only help Calvin and the team.

Lions defense that fantasy owners love (to play against) shows up, and Julius Jones spins in for a TD.

Is Jones running as poorly as his numbers indicate?
Lions D is actually doing decent against the run. Usually they're catching Jones in the backfield, and there's not much he can do about it.On the recent 5 yard loss, Delmas guessed correctly, and ran by a player to tackle Julius.I wouldn't give up on him yet though, because it's 17-10 now, and Detroit's got to feel lucky to hold Seattle to a FG there.

Oof again. These turnovers on long balls aren't helping the Lions or Stafford.

Either need to find something shorter, or throw it where no one can catch it. That's another possession the Lions could've had something, but instead hope to go into halftime actually ahead still.

I'm not watching (fixing a window at home) and wondering is Calvin still in there or they limiting his snaps?d
He's still in there. In fact, he looked open on a slant on that last INT. But he only has 3 targets.Also, 17-13 now, after the Lions are unable to stop Forsett on 3rd & 10, and get a personal foul to help set up the FG.Detroit leads, but Seattle's got to feel like they're up at least 10 points the way things are going....

How has Forsett looked? I see he only has 1/2 the touches of Jones but way better production.

Why won't they give him the ball more and see what he can do?

d

3rd down pass hits Casey Fitzsimmons in a bad spot -- his hands.

Makes me wonder if they couldn't have run a similar play to Calvin, though.

Calvin 1 catch for 13 yards.

13 completions by Stafford so far today and just 1 to CJ.

Wasn't he supposed to be one of the top 5 stud WR's of the year???

I know he was injured but even before the injury he wasn't lighting it up either.

He's looking more and more like one of the busts of the year.

Screen works wonders against Detroit. Delmas just barely trips up Jones, or else he scores a TD.

Lions hold them to a FG and cling to a 1 point lead, but you've got to ask how much longer it'll last.

Calvin 1 catch for 13 yards. 13 completions by Stafford so far today and just 1 to CJ.Wasn't he supposed to be one of the top 5 stud WR's of the year???I know he was injured but even before the injury he wasn't lighting it up either. He's looking more and more like one of the busts of the year.
I agree. He's really disappointing... for being "unstoppable", he's being stopped.. a lot. I'm not looking for crazy numbers but a modest 5-6 points would help me get a W.

Calvin 1 catch for 13 yards. 13 completions by Stafford so far today and just 1 to CJ.Wasn't he supposed to be one of the top 5 stud WR's of the year???I know he was injured but even before the injury he wasn't lighting it up either. He's looking more and more like one of the busts of the year.
I agree. He's really disappointing... for being "unstoppable", he's being stopped.. a lot. I'm not looking for crazy numbers but a modest 5-6 points would help me get a W.
Seriously, all I need is SOMETHING from him or K Smith. This is brutal.

Seattle gets a gift from the refs -- PI on a ball that looked uncatchable unless the WR would've jumped 10 feet straight up.

And yes, that was Senaca Wallace to Housh. Trick play though -- nothing wrong with Hasselbeck.

Seattle gets a gift from the refs -- PI on a ball that looked uncatchable unless the WR would've jumped 10 feet straight up.And yes, that was Senaca Wallace to Housh. Trick play though -- nothing wrong with Hasselbeck.
Whats up with Redzone channel never showing any of the live redzone portions of this game?!

Is it Calvins fault that Stafford won't throw it to him and when he does it 's usually a bad pass? Stafford just won't put the ball in a place where Megatron can make a play -- just doiesn't look like he is being given a chance

Is it Calvins fault that Stafford won't throw it to him and when he does it 's usually a bad pass? Stafford just won't put the ball in a place where Megatron can make a play -- just doiesn't look like he is being given a chance
On Stafford's 3rd INT, Calvin was the closest WR -- but he had no chance at it.

For anyone watching the game is CJ playing fulltime or is he sitting a lot of plays resting due to the injury??

It doesn't look like he's getting a lot of targets.

Users who are viewing this thread