What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Zimmerman to fight rapper DMX in celebrity boxing bout (1 Viewer)

bosoxs45

Footballguy
No, seriously

As in, what now, George Zimmerman?

Seems like the former neighborhood watchman has found yet another way to remain in the public limelight.

This time, he'll be stepping into a boxing ring to fight rapper DMX.

Zimmerman said the celebrity boxing match was his idea. Boxing was his hobby, he told Radar Online last month, even prior to the "incident."

The incident, of course, is the February 2012 encounter in which he shot dead an unarmed Trayvon Martin, 17. He stood trial for murder, but was acquitted.

"Prior to the incident, I was actually going to the gym for weight loss and doing boxing-type training for weight loss," he told Radar.

"A mutual friend put me in contact with Damon and provided me with an opportunity and motivation to get back in shape and continue with my weight loss goals and also be able to help a charity out."

Damon is Damon Feldman, owner of Celebrity Boxing and self-described opportunist, whose claim to fame is putting together bizarre matchups. Think Tonya Harding, Michael Lohan.

He said last week that he was accepting offers for someone to step into the ring for a three-round, pay-per-view fight with Zimmerman.

"The news has been out for an hour and my e-mail is overloaded with 8,000 people wanting to fight George," Feldman told CNN on Thursday.

Early Wednesday morning, he said he's picked the contender. Out of more than 15,000 e-mailed requests, he's going with DMX.

"The match will be one of the Biggest Celebrity Boxing matches of all time," his news release said (uppercase emphasis his).

But in order to find out where and when it will take place, we'll have to wait until next week.

DMX, as we know is a rapper, and braggadocio is his calling card.

He's out for blood, he told TMZ. Not only will he break every rule in boxing, he said, he'll "beat the living (expletive)" out of Zimmerman.

Ian Karmel, a writer for "Chelsea Lately," has a better idea.

"They should send Floyd Mayweather to the ring and tell George Zimmerman it's DMX," he tweeted. "He won't know the difference."

I know lots of people are saying "I hope Zimmerman gets his ### kicked!" But here's the thing. 1. It's a boxing match. A referee is going to stop it before any real ### kicking happens. B. If Zimmerman goes down in the first couple punches, even after all this training specifically for this match, he goes down after the first couple punches, doesn't it help his story about Martin being on top pounding him and him maybe fearing for his life?

Id rather Zimmerman disappear from the public eye so people can heal. A fight is only going to lead to more tension etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know lots of people are saying "I hope Zimmerman gets his ### kicked!" But here's the thing. 1. It's a boxing match. A referee is going to stop it before any real ### kicking happens. B. If Zimmerman goes down in the first couple punches, even after all this training specifically for this match, he goes down after the first couple punches, doesn't it help his story about Martin being on top pounding him and him maybe fearing for his life?
That a doozy a post Rayray.

That a doozy a post Rayray.
You have to understand...........

For his defenders yes. For those who didn't like him it will be more proof that the guy got himself into a situation he couldn't get out of without a gun, dumb decision making etc. It'll be fun to watch people train themselves up for the mental gymnastics though :popcorn:

For some perverse reason, I'm pulling for George to win this fight. It's already going to be a trainwreck, but if he destroys DMX in the ring, that would be the cherry on top. #### would get crazy.

So you're saying it's entertainment that can't be taken seriously, unless he loses quickly which bolsters his argument in a past criminal case.

Got it.

For some perverse reason, I'm pulling for George to win this fight. It's already going to be a trainwreck, but if he destroys DMX in the ring, that would be the cherry on top. #### would get crazy.
I want Tonya Harding to charge the ring.

So you're saying it's entertainment that can't be taken seriously, unless he loses quickly which bolsters his argument in a past criminal case.

Got it.
Not quite sure where you're getting the first part, but the worst thing he could do is win the match. I believe George's motive behind this is strictly for PR. I'm guessing the match gets stopped in under a minute

This guy killed a kid to make himself a celebrity and our legal system allowed it. Holy ####### hell what a complete and total failure our justice system is. ####### sad what this country has become.

Id rather Zimmerman disappear from the public eye so people can heal. A fight is only going to lead to more tension etc.
Zimmerman is making a living off of killing Martin.
Despicable.It's pretty clear there are some mental issues.
Those mental issues were quite clear to anyone paying attention well before the trial. It's just that a substantial portion of America (and this board) share the same mental issues. The only way he could have appeared any battier is if he was wearing tights and a cape.

This guy killed a kid to make himself a celebrity and our legal system allowed it. Holy ####### hell what a complete and total failure our justice system is. ####### sad what this country has become.
You think his motivation for shooting Trayvon was so that he could become a celebrity? That might be an unintended consequence after-the-fact, but I highly doubt he was thinking that if he could shoot a young black man he would become famous.

W.T.F

Dude you are way over thinking this thing. Way over thinking.

Got it.
Not quite sure where you're getting the first part, but the worst thing he could do is win the match. I believe George's motive behind this is strictly for PR. I'm guessing the match gets stopped in under a minute
and money. Mostly money.

Got it.
and money. Mostly money.
The one good thing is that celebrity boxing matches are usually a stepping stone to obscurity.

Got it.
and money. Mostly money.
The one good thing is that celebrity boxing matches are usually a stepping stone to obscurity.
:lmao:

Got it.
and money. Mostly money.
Zimmerman has said he will donate any winnings to the charity.

You think his motivation for shooting Trayvon was so that he could become a celebrity? That might be an unintended consequence after-the-fact, but I highly doubt he was thinking that if he could shoot a young black man he would become famous.
His motivation for being "neighborhood watch" was all part of his delusional fantasy to be some sort of crime fighter. So while he probably wasn't thinking "If I kill this kid I'll be on TV," his delusions of grandeur were quite obvious and the role they played in Trayvon's death were equally obvious. What is truly tragic about this is that it was quite obvious BEFORE the trial that Zimmerman had a few screws loose, yet the idiot jury took every word he said as gospel.

And now our country is rewarding him for killing someone and getting away with it, just like we did with OJ, Casey Anthony, and the many other murderers that we have let walk.

Sad that we can't rely on people to not watch. Ultimately DMX has to be the one to have some class and refuse to do this.

Got it.
and money. Mostly money.
Zimmerman has said he will donate any winnings to the charity.
okey dokey

His motivation for being "neighborhood watch" was all part of his delusional fantasy to be some sort of crime fighter. So while he probably wasn't thinking "If I kill this kid I'll be on TV," his delusions of grandeur were quite obvious and the role they played in Trayvon's death were equally obvious. What is truly tragic about this is that it was quite obvious BEFORE the trial that Zimmerman had a few screws loose, yet the idiot jury took every word he said as gospel.

And now our country is rewarding him for killing someone and getting away with it, just like we did with OJ, Casey Anthony, and the many other murderers that we have let walk.

Sad that we can't rely on people to not watch. Ultimately DMX has to be the one to have some class and refuse to do this.
Kinda hard for them to have done that since he never took the stand.

DMX is the one who put his name in the running. He isn't going to refuse anything. He needs the press and he would like the cred if he wins.

DMX is the one who put his name in the running. He isn't going to refuse anything. He needs the press and he would like the cred if he wins.
If?

Kinda hard for them to have done that since he never took the stand.
Also there's a significant gap between "took every word as gospel" and "thought there was a reasonable doubt as to his guilt."

Still the guy's behavior is pretty appalling. Trayvon Martin would have been 19 years old today. With a normal person I'd assume the timing is a coincidence, but this guy appears to be such a piece of #### that you have to wonder.

If?
Does DMX box? This is going to be a boxing match. DMX has to play by the rules or lose via disqualification. If you want to give George's racist cheerleaders something to crow about cheat during the bout.

Tobias - Martin's birthday is today?! Wow, quite a coincidence there....

Anyway, lets assume this turns into a pay per view fight, you spending $20 to watch it? $50?

Id like for him to wreck the dude myself...

Celebrity boxing needs to stop. Guys throwing pillows with pillows wrapped around their hands? Come on...

Celebrity MMA needs to happen :thumbup:

First off, I think Zimmerman should have done some time or paid some penalty for the previous event, that said....

Our country hasn't done anything yet. Apparently it was Zimmerman's idea, not "our country's". It could turn out to be a huge flop, and for all we know he'll get the #### kicked out of him, how much of a "reward" is that?

So, what would you want "our country" to do instead? Prevent him from choosing a legal way to pass the time? To take his freedom away after he was found not guilty of the crime?

i wish it was Mike Tyson he was fighting
I want Tonya Harding to charge the ring.
i wish he was fighting Mike Tyson...at least he would not only get beat up .he may lose a nose or an ear
I would rather see him box Tonya Harding.
or Mike Tyson...not only would he get his ### kicked ,he may end up losing a nose or an ear
So, would you want to see Mike Tyson fight Zimmerman?

My preferred scenario.

DMX and George meet in the center of the ring. DMX is not wearing his boxing gloves. DMX says "I revoke my consent to participate in this boxing match."

George says, "C'mon we have an agreement, let's get it on!" George then advances on DMX, performing an Ali Shuffle before DMX pulls out a gun and shoots George in self-defense.

Users who are viewing this thread