What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Zimmerman to fight rapper DMX in celebrity boxing bout (1 Viewer)

OK semantic difference then. I'm sure yours is the correct legal, but to me objective means not subject to any one person's view point. The objective judgment on the reason of a subjective view point to me is only one degree away from subjectivism.

What I would like to see in way of reforming these laws, which certain suspects are clearly trying to abuse, is to add a true objective test that would counter-balance the subjective belief of imminent harm. IOW, medical expert testimony on the condition of the shooter and whether their victim could have actually done significant physical harm. Or the presence of a weapon, whether seen or unseen, that could have killed the shooter had he/she not fired at that exact instant.

Like it or not, some people clearly interpret self-defense laws as they stand today to mean they can murder people, so long as they can prove they were scared.
This is a terrible idea and totally akin to playing MMQB. One of the general philosophies of punishing people in a criminal court is that their evil intent needs retribution. Accordingly, the focus should be on the reasonableness of the actor in the scope of the facts known to him or her at the time. Somehow omnisciently examining all facts, even those not likely known to the shooter, flies completely in the face of that.
But isn't the opposite case already true:

A and B have terrible argument. B angrily reaches into purse. A shoots B for putting B's hand in purse. If there is a gun in the purse, even if unseen and unknown to A at the time of the shooting, would A not be able to claim self-defense after the gun was discovered?

NCCommish said:
The real check on government is the all volunteer force. If you think you can stop a tank with a 9 mm boy are you going to get a surprise.
Good point I am sure no resistance group ever thought of that before.
I don't care who you are and what you think you have you aren't up to a fight with the US military. Nations aren't up for it.Some group of guys fondling their guns certainly aren't.
What if I am half or some other fraction of the US Military? Then am I up for fighting the other half. It is tough to understand I know.
Well first one guy isn't half of any of the services. People like you aren't half of any of the services if that is what you think. And if that is really your stance and you are truly serving then you sir are a traitor and are sullying the uniform you wear. You should be drummed out of the service. I say that as a vet.
First of all congrats on your pro killing Americans stance as a former soldier. Second by "people like me" I assume you mean your preferably unarmed civilians that you would fire on rather than violate your oath.

Third stop trying to derail this awesome thread about the Z man whipping the ### of a animal beating car jacking crack head criminal!
I'm not pro killing Americans. By people like you I mean people pushing sedition. Lastly your gun fondling fantasies are what led us here not me.
I fondle lots of things. All I said was the argument for owning guns because of criminals was less persuasive than owning guns because of government tyranny. I guess anyone who mentions the constitution is a traitor.

You can rest easy though, in your fantasy %100 of the army will back one side in a US civil war, just like last time!

Again please try to stay on topic. Since DMX shot his unsuspecting uncle and Zimmerman pulled off the shot in the heat of battle, I have to think that Zimmerman might be a little cooler under pressure and will have the edge when it comes to blows in the ring.

Plus DMX appears to lose his cool a lot like when he did the car jacking. If he gets rattled I can see DMX losing his posture and taking a haymaker from Z man.
Holy ####### hell you really admire Zimmerman don't you? Or :fishing: ?
No I am just trying to size up a boxing match. We don't have much to go on though. On the one hand you got Zimmerman who has killed a dude, but allegedly got his ### kicked by a 17 year old.

DMX hasn't killed anyone but he was in the looney bin.

In terms of shiftiness Z man is pretty slick because he beat a murder rap, but DMX is no slouch as be got off after being tried for Sodomy.

I am gonna have to go with Zimmerman because I think DMX' crack and alcohol problems will make it hard for him to stick with a training regimen.

OK semantic difference then. I'm sure yours is the correct legal, but to me objective means not subject to any one person's view point. The objective judgment on the reason of a subjective view point to me is only one degree away from subjectivism.

What I would like to see in way of reforming these laws, which certain suspects are clearly trying to abuse, is to add a true objective test that would counter-balance the subjective belief of imminent harm. IOW, medical expert testimony on the condition of the shooter and whether their victim could have actually done significant physical harm. Or the presence of a weapon, whether seen or unseen, that could have killed the shooter had he/she not fired at that exact instant.

Like it or not, some people clearly interpret self-defense laws as they stand today to mean they can murder people, so long as they can prove they were scared.
This is a terrible idea and totally akin to playing MMQB. One of the general philosophies of punishing people in a criminal court is that their evil intent needs retribution. Accordingly, the focus should be on the reasonableness of the actor in the scope of the facts known to him or her at the time. Somehow omnisciently examining all facts, even those not likely known to the shooter, flies completely in the face of that.
But isn't the opposite case already true:

A and B have terrible argument. B angrily reaches into purse. A shoots B for putting B's hand in purse. If there is a gun in the purse, even if unseen and unknown to A at the time of the shooting, would A not be able to claim self-defense after the gun was discovered?
Assuming in your little hypo box that A didn't believe at the time of shooting that B had a gun in her purse, then no A should not be able to successfully claim self-defense.

I just want no one to ever pay attention to this degenerate loser again.
I think here is something we can both agree on.

Although, I still think, from a legal studies standpoint, his case is incredibly fascinating and should be studied in higher education.

Concept Coop said:
jon_mx said:
ummmm, the idiot market for this is people who hate Zimmerman. :lol:
They're part of it, yes. I question anyone that thinks this is a good idea, whether it's to watch ZImmerman get his ### kicked or not.
The viewer money that gets spent on this fight (assuming it happens) --- I'd like to see what parts of the country it comes from.

Concept Coop said:
jon_mx said:
ummmm, the idiot market for this is people who hate Zimmerman. :lol:
They're part of it, yes. I question anyone that thinks this is a good idea, whether it's to watch ZImmerman get his ### kicked or not.
The viewer money that gets spent on this fight (assuming it happens) --- I'd like to see what parts of the country it comes from.
I'm sure there will be a very strong correspondence between those watching and those who were "brainwashed" by the national media conspiracy that attempted to paint this thug Martin as a teenager and this civil servant as a killer.

This guy killed a kid to make himself a celebrity and our legal system allowed it. Holy ####### hell what a complete and total failure our justice system is. ####### sad what this country has become.
Oh God. I forgot how ####### horrible the pro-Martin posters were.

jon_mx said:
This guy killed a kid to make himself a celebrity and our legal system allowed it. Holy ####### hell what a complete and total failure our justice system is. ####### sad what this country has become.
he didnt kill Trey so he could become famous...but he certainly hasnt sunk into obscurity after it happened ...hes cashing in on the back of a dead kid that he shot to death...that in itself is beyond disgusting

jon_mx said:
:lmao:

Dude that thread was all sorts of horrible from both sides.

jon_mx said:
he didnt kill Trey so he could become famous...but he certainly hasnt sunk into obscurity after it happened ...hes cashing in on the back of a dead kid that he shot to death...that in itself is beyond disgusting
Kinda hard to sink into obscurity when getting a warning for speeding is national news.

jon_mx said:
Kinda hard to sink into obscurity when getting a warning for speeding is national news.
whats your point?

jon_mx said:
whats your point?
The pro-Martin camp is driving the publicity and Zimmerman was supposed donating to charity

jon_mx said:
whats your point?
The pro-Martin camp is driving the publicity and Zimmerman was supposed donating to charity
wait...what?

jon_mx said:
whats your point?
wait...what?
Who starts these threads every time Zimmerman has some kind of altercation with the law? Almost always people who hate Zimmerman guts.

jon_mx said:
whats your point?
wait...what?
Who starts these threads every time Zimmerman has some kind of altercation with the law? Almost always people who hate Zimmerman guts.
we dont make him do stupid things that put him in the lime light...that's on him

jon_mx said:
whats your point?
wait...what?
we dont make him do stupid things that put him in the lime light...that's on him
Traffic tickets, domestic altercations.....these are not action which merit the lime light. Early on you were all for this if Mike Tyson would take him out. You wanted to see Zimmerman get is ###-kicked. Now you are feigning disgust with this whole process.

jon_mx said:
whats your point?
wait...what?
Traffic tickets, domestic altercations.....these are not action which merit the lime light. Early on you were all for this if Mike Tyson would take him out. You wanted to see Zimmerman get is ###-kicked. Now you are feigning disgust with this whole process.
He merits the extra scrutiny..

Among the potentially shocking revelations in the piece, is his father Bob’s admission that “if FBI agents come and kick in his door, he’s probably gonna shoot a few of them.” There is an ongoing federal investigation into George Zimmerman’s case but NBC News has reported that federal charges against Zimmerman are unlikely.

Among the potentially shocking revelations in the piece, is his father Bobs admission that if FBI agents come and kick in his door, hes probably gonna shoot a few of them. There is an ongoing federal investigation into George Zimmermans case but NBC News has reported that federal charges against Zimmerman are unlikely.
Zimmerman is a peon. The fact that there is an ongoing federal investigation is an indictment of Eric Holder's stupidity and his politicization of the office and abuse of power. Zimmerman is a very unlivable guy, but Holder's action in the case is beyond pathetic. Of course there will be no action. It is an abuse and waste of resources.

Among the potentially shocking revelations in the piece, is his father Bobs admission that if FBI agents come and kick in his door, hes probably gonna shoot a few of them. There is an ongoing federal investigation into George Zimmermans case but NBC News has reported that federal charges against Zimmerman are unlikely.
Zimmerman is a peon. The fact that there is an ongoing federal investigation is an indictment of Eric Holder's stupidity and his politicization of the office and abuse of power. Zimmerman is a very unlivable guy, but Holder's action in the case is beyond pathetic. Of course there will be no action. It is an abuse and waste of resources.
you seemed to have missed the part where zimmy`s own father said zimmy would shoot any FBI agents that went after him

you seemed to have missed the part where zimmy`s own father said zimmy would shoot any FBI agents that went after him
How does that matter in any way shape or form? It is just a speculative statement from a trailer trash family. Good fodder for the Jerry Springer show, not for a two-year long investigation from the feds.. These idiots seem to be angling for a reality TV show and you are taking the bait.....hook, line and sinker.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does that matter in any way shape or form? It is just a speculative statement from a trailer trash family. Good fodder for the Jerry Springer show, not for a two-year long investigation from the feds.. These idiots seem to be angling for a reality TV show and you are taking the bait.....hook, line and sinker.
wait, what?

wait, what?
A 2 year federal investigation into George Zimmerman is a waste of time and money.

Users who are viewing this thread