What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getcha passports ready - the middle-aged dummies are going to the British Isles! Top 31 song countdown. (1 Viewer)

Pickles = never
Peppers = never
Mustard = only on soft pretzels

currently eating a hot, thinly sliced asiago/pepper pork tenderloin and swiss on a small toasted sub bun ...with sliced tomatoes, dressed shredded lettuce - AND pickled jalapenos, mayo AND dijon mustard

delicious

ETA: not a big pickle fan though - occasionally I'll eat a nice dill slice on the side with a good sandwich but gotta have chips with it
Mmmm….lettuce.

Last edited:
I can eat sautéed onions, but raw onions make my stomach feel queasy.

In further evidence that simey and I were separated at birth, I am exactly the same way. Cooked OK, raw no way.

I get pickles only on my burgers.
My dad is the same way, except he doesn't eat onions at all. Me, I eat extra onions. Raw, cooked, whatever...... A big ol slab on a burger, chopped up on a taco......I heard chicks dig onion breath

Pickles = never
Peppers = never

currently eating a hot, thinly sliced asiago/pepper pork tenderloin and swiss on a small toasted sub bun ...with sliced tomatoes, dressed shredded lettuce - AND pickled jalapenos, mayo AND dijon mustard

delicious

ETA: not a big pickle fan though - occasionally I'll eat a nice dill slice on the side with a good sandwich but gotta have chips with it
Gross all around. I don't like tomatoes either, but I like things made from tomatoes (ketchup, marinara, etc.)

Pickles = never
Peppers = never

delicious

Gross all around. I don't like tomatoes either, but I like things made from tomatoes (ketchup, marinara, etc.)

yeah, I remember when I had the palette of an 8 yr. old too ...I was 8!!! (I kid ...Step Brothers just jumped into my head)

...you still use "fancy sauce" on your Dino Bites?

I'm curious which Lloyd Cole song you would have chosen. If you give me the initials, I'm sure I can figure it out quickly. I invested heavily in the LC catalog back in my CD days.

I never narrowed it down but would have chosen from this list:

My Bag
Jennifer She Said
Butterfly
Downtown
Don't Look Back

There's a fairly big artist that hasn't been picked yet that kind of surprises me. I'm sure there's others but one that I have in my top-15 that has zero votes so far.

ETA - I will say their catalogue isn't very deep so that could explain it some.
We're only 8 songs into this thing - I'm sure there's a lot of artists that haven't been picked, but will.

Sure, but we discussed Zep for a long time until they were picked - this artist isn't close to that level of talent but not far off. Just surprised and couldn't remember if we are supposed to discuss artists not picked yet. I'm sure I read it but my memory is ****.

There's a fairly big artist that hasn't been picked yet that kind of surprises me. I'm sure there's others but one that I have in my top-15 that has zero votes so far.

We're only 8 songs into this thing - I'm sure there's a lot of artists that haven't been picked, but will.

Nine songs in! But yeah, I mean we just got Zeppelin for the first time today.

I give Mrs. Eephus my pickles. She gives me her onions.
I give Mrs Manster all my pineapple from my pizza, should I have the displeasure of actually consuming a pizza that has pineapple residing amongst the toppings......you still get a hint of pineapple, even after removing.....or maybe you miss one.....not a pleasant surprise...She puts my pineapple on her slice, making it a ridiculous amount on said slice.....it's like the worst piece of pizza I could imagine......yet I still kiss her......she's a lucky gal!

Pickles = never
Peppers = never

delicious

yeah, I remember when I had the palette of an 8 yr. old too ...I was 8!!! (I kid ...Step Brothers just jumped into my head)

...you still use "fancy sauce" on your Dino Bites?
I'm actually the least picky member of my immediate family. :laugh:

Taste buds are what they are.

Sure, but we discussed Zep for a long time until they were picked - this artist isn't close to that level of talent but not far off. Just surprised and couldn't remember if we are supposed to discuss artists not picked yet. I'm sure I read it but my memory is ****.

It's perfectly fine to mention whom you're thinking of. I'm guessing Van Morrison?

My wife is exactly the same. Sautéed and/or cooked in some fashion = fine. Raw = puke. If a a piece of raw onion is even accidentally on the plate (like in a salad where she asked for no onions) she'll be noticeably uncomfortable with it. Conversely, I love raw onions on stuff. Especially a burger.

It's perfectly fine to mention whom you're thinking of. I'm guessing Van Morrison?

He's no Sweet, that's for sure.

Don Quixote:

Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine
So that's what that familiar sound was - nice!

KarmaPolice:

Damaged Goods - Gang of Four
It's been a few rounds since a best new to me got a heart.

simey:

Linger - The Cranberries
😍
Westerberg:

Neat Neat Neat - The Damned
😍

Yankee23Fan:

Ramble On - Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin is by far my most favorite classic rock band, so of course the first selection of theirs is one that was nowhere near my top 25 in Anarchy's countdown (yes I know I'm the minority).

titusbramble:

Red Alert - Basement Jaxx
Big beat brother!!!

Manster:

6 Underground - Sneaker Pimps
Niiiiice! Been a long time since jamming to this track.

higgins:

No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne
Like I wrote yesterday while I'm no Ozzy fan I hold his best contributions in high regard. Most of those are of the Sabbath variety, but this is certainly an exception. This is one of the few in my library that also has a heart. Despite his vocals it's just too good. Put that song in a Metallica packaging and it'd be an all timer in my ears.

New-to-me favorites from #23:

Dog Days Are Over -- Florence and the Machine (Don Quixote). They emerged after I mostly stopped paying attention to new music, so I'm not as familiar with them as I should be. I have some friends who are really into them. Intense and moving.
Rattlesnakes -- Lloyd Cole and the Commotions (Mister CIA). I know a few Cole songs but I don't think I'd encountered this one before. He's a great songwriter and I like the breezy arrangement.
When the Sun Hits -- Slowdive (Landryshat). Intriguing shoegaze.
Damaged Goods -- Gang of Four (KarmaPolice). Love the stuttering guitar and the popping bass.

In further evidence that simey and I were separated at birth, I am exactly the same way. Cooked OK, raw no way.

I get pickles only on my burgers.
Double double extra pickles no onions please

I leave for a few hours and come back and can smell @Uruk-Hai breath from here.

Last edited:

delicious
Had a Pork Schnitzel sandwich dressed the almost same way last week (no Dijon and fresh jalapeno slices) and its the best sandwich I've had in years. And I'm with you on the chips. Sometimes fries are okay, but I usually prefer the salty texture of chips.

I'm curious which Lloyd Cole song you would have chosen. If you give me the initials, I'm sure I can figure it out quickly. I invested heavily in the LC catalog back in my CD days.

I never narrowed it down but would have chosen from this list:

My Bag
Jennifer She Said
Butterfly
Downtown
Don't Look Back
I mostly dig the earlier work with The Commotions, but he has dropped gems throughout his career.

Two of my other favorites are Perfect Skin and Mister Malcontent, the latter with a definite nod to Simple Minds.

Users who are viewing this thread