What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getcha passports ready - the middle-aged dummies are going to the British Isles! Top 31 song countdown. (3 Viewers)

Just over 12 hours left to get your guesses in on both the ***OFFICIAL*** contest and on the Super-Awesome-Mega-Contest!!!111. Check the first post for links if you need to find these. I have the following entries for the latter contest; please let me know if I've missed you:

Pip
simey
Chaos
worrier
DrIan
Just Win
Manster
Mrs R
jwb
MAC
Dr. O
KP
Uruk
Binky
Val
Doug
Marco
Hawks
Hov
In the Just Regular, Everyday, Non-Mega-Contest, we have the following entries:

Karma Police
Don Quixote
jwb
Hov34
simey
Just Win Baby
Manster
DrianMalcolm
Pip's Invitation
Hawks64
MAC_32
Dr. Octopus
Uruk-Hai
higgins
Val Rannous
Mrs. Rannous
New Binky the Doormat
Doug B
The Dreaded Marco

Still time to get in, and if you're worried about how much it's gonna cost you, it's free, free, free, but only for a limited time (Void in Vermont (Just kidding)).

Just over 12 hours left to get your guesses in on both the ***OFFICIAL*** contest and on the Super-Awesome-Mega-Contest!!!111. Check the first post for links if you need to find these. I have the following entries for the latter contest; please let me know if I've missed you:

Pip
simey
Chaos
worrier
DrIan
Just Win
Manster
Mrs R
jwb
MAC
Dr. O
KP
Uruk
Binky
Val
Doug
Marco
Hawks
Hov

Karma Police
Don Quixote
jwb
Hov34
simey
Just Win Baby
Manster
DrianMalcolm
Pip's Invitation
Hawks64
MAC_32
Dr. Octopus
Uruk-Hai
higgins
Val Rannous
Mrs. Rannous
New Binky the Doormat
Doug B
The Dreaded Marco

Still time to get in, and if you're worried about how much it's gonna cost you, it's free, free, free, but only for a limited time (Void in Vermont (Just kidding)).

no me?

Living in NY you get a lot of cuisines but Bosnian seems to have been a miss for me - what's it like?
You can browse the menu for specific items. Generally, Bosnian food is in the butter zone of Hungarian, Czech, and Greek food. They seem to eat very well. We thought we'd lost the restaurant during Covid, but they took the opportunity to move to a much better location.

Houston has restaurants that cover gazillions of cuisines. It's a lot of foodie fun.

Pip
simey
Chaos
worrier
DrIan
Just Win
Manster
Mrs R
jwb
MAC
Dr. O
KP
Uruk
Binky
Val
Doug
Marco
Hawks
Hov

Karma Police
Don Quixote
jwb
Hov34
simey
Just Win Baby
Manster
DrianMalcolm
Pip's Invitation
Hawks64
MAC_32
Dr. Octopus
Uruk-Hai
higgins
Val Rannous
Mrs. Rannous
New Binky the Doormat
Doug B
The Dreaded Marco

I submitted an entry earlier today. Did you get it?

Pip
simey
Chaos
worrier
DrIan
Just Win
Manster
Mrs R
jwb
MAC
Dr. O
KP
Uruk
Binky
Val
Doug
Marco
Hawks
Hov

Karma Police
Don Quixote
jwb
Hov34
simey
Just Win Baby
Manster
DrianMalcolm
Pip's Invitation
Hawks64
MAC_32
Dr. Octopus
Uruk-Hai
higgins
Val Rannous
Mrs. Rannous
New Binky the Doormat
Doug B
The Dreaded Marco

no me?
Did you answer the questions in order?

The top 10 artists are checked and re-checked and locked in. #4 is a little further ahead than I had posted last night but it goes like this:

Big Three

[gap >300 points]

Artist #4

[gap < 50 points]

Artists #5-#7 are separated by only four points total, including two of them being tied.

[gap 50-100 points]

Artists #8 and #9 are separated by < 10 points

[gap > 100 points]

Artist #10 and the rest

Pip
simey
Chaos
worrier
DrIan
Just Win
Manster
Mrs R
jwb
MAC
Dr. O
KP
Uruk
Binky
Val
Doug
Marco
Hawks
Hov

Karma Police
Don Quixote
jwb
Hov34
simey
Just Win Baby
Mansteried the questionaire, pasted in t
DrianMalcolm
Pip's Invitation
Hawks64
MAC_32
Dr. Octopus
Uruk-Hai
higgins
Val Rannous
Mrs. Rannous
New Binky the Doormat
Doug B
The Dreaded Marco

no me?
Did you answer the questions in order?
even better

Here's a bizarre stat of interest to no one but me: somehow I ended up with five of my selected artists getting exactly 42 points. Spoiler: 42 points is not a good showing.

OK, a guessing game you might be more interested in...at what overall ranking will our highest-ranking female artist land?

Here's a bizarre stat of interest to no one but me: somehow I ended up with five of my selected artists getting exactly 42 points. Spoiler: 42 points is not a good showing.

OK, a guessing game you might be more interested in...at what overall ranking will our highest-ranking female artist land?
Based on my guesses, I would be hoping for something like #13-#14 range.

Based on my guesses, I would be hoping for something like #13-#14 range.

I'll give this answer after we have some guessing. I suppose I hold the other one until the countdown. Suffice to say that if I'm posting it at this point, it's a close call!

Around halftime of the first game today, I started paging back to the last thing I remember reading. I've since spent the last 5-plus hours perfecting my technique for reading the FFA through reading glasses while peering at football over the top of them. Only took a break to walk the dog and scarf down a sandwich. My brain hurts. A few notes:

On Queen, and their lack of eligibility: Lots of Queen talk, much of it lamenting Freddie's place of birth. Wouldn't have heard that from me though. I'm sure folks won't be surprised to know that my familiarity with Queen when I graduated high school (1990) was limited to Another One Bites the Dust and We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions. I had no idea that Vanilla Ice sampled a Queen song until it became a controversy, nor had I ever heard Bohemian Rhapsody until Wayne's World. When I got to college, a couple of guys had their greatest hits CD and I thought to myself, "Queen, really?" One of them insisted I borrow it and listen on repeat. Never really got it, but didn't try that hard either.

On Led Zeppelin and the Big 3: Not really a LZ guy either, likely for some of the same reasons that rockaction has mentioned before. Ubiquitous among the meathead contingent in high school. I can certainly appreciate them, but hear them enough that I don't seek them out either. Also, unlike The Beatles/Stones/Who/Kinks, Zep don't seem that British to me. I don't have the data to back this up, but I would guess they are way bigger in the US than in the UK (at least among the under-60 crowd).

On the comeback of cassettes: The wife bought me a knock-off walkman for Xmas. I was so excited. Dug through a bunch of my old cassettes in the basement and had a blast. Even found a couple of mixtapes that girls made for me in the mid-90s. Revisiting them now with a few decades of experience and loads more confidence, damn I was dense back then. I wish I still had all my old industrial mixes, but within 6 months of moving to Philly in 1997, someone broke into my car and stole them. Literally left the fancy rollerblades but absconded with cassettes labeled "German Death Throes," "I Wear Black on the Outside," etc.

On Mrs. Eephus putting Hard-Fi in her last 5 out: Holy ####, another Hard-Fi fan! I think I still have my green Hard-Fi Cash Machine t-shirt stuffed away in guest-room dresser. It would be a little snug right now, unfortunately.

My Brit List by Decade: since everyone else posted theirs. Shocking that I'm a 90s fan at heart.

60s: 1
70s: 7
80s: 6
90s: 12
00s: 4
10s: 1

By the way, one of the questions in the SUPER-AWESOME-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111 related to Black Sabbath vs. Def Leppard vs. Iron Maiden. Those three artists ended up together sequentially in the cumulative artist rankings, except for one artist that scored between the second and third of them. I'm not sure if all my questions will turn out to be as close given that I had to put them together on the basis of 20 of 45 lists. I do know the Joy Division vs. New Order one was very close, too.

Since I'm working on the artist rankings right now...guesses as to total number of artists in this countdown? For reference, in the US countdown we had 36 lists submitted with 526 different artists.

Female..... my initial reaction was 25 but that feels mean. So I'll say 20.

I'll give the female ranking answer in a bit, and the number of artists once I calculate it. I think you're all correct to expect a lot fewer, even with nine more lists submitted.

For the other two questions I suppose I should wait until the contest entry deadline passes, since it could affect answers.

Female..... my initial reaction was 25 but that feels mean. So I'll say 20.
Wait I think I read this wrong.

Do you mean the highest in 31 a female will show up on a list or

Overall final ranking within the 300 to 500 different choices?

I'll give the female ranking answer in a bit, and the number of artists once I calculate it. I think you're all correct to expect a lot fewer, even with nine more lists submitted.

For the other two questions I suppose I should wait until the contest entry deadline passes, since it could affect answers.
IF the female is in the top 10, that could be spoiler for the contest. Or on the flip side if someone submitted a list with female artist in their 7, they know they are wrong if your answer is out of the top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread