What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getcha passports ready - the middle-aged dummies are going to the British Isles! Top 31 song countdown. (2 Viewers)

The top 10 artists are checked and re-checked and locked in. #4 is a little further ahead than I had posted last night but it goes like this:

Big Three

[gap >300 points]

Artist #4

[gap < 50 points]

Artists #5-#7 are separated by only four points total, including two of them being tied.

[gap 50-100 points]

Artists #8 and #9 are separated by < 10 points

[gap > 100 points]

Artist #10 and the rest
Interesting... According to the Charity Contest Voting, we the voters believe there is a clear "Top 8". Out of the current 26 entries, there are 5 acts that have received between 23 and 20 votes. After that, there's not another act until you get all the way down to 11 votes.

Just over 12 hours left to get your guesses in on both the ***OFFICIAL*** contest and on the Super-Awesome-Mega-Contest!!!111. Check the first post for links if you need to find these. I have the following entries for the latter contest; please let me know if I've missed you:

Pip
simey
Chaos
worrier
DrIan
Just Win
Manster
Mrs R
jwb
MAC
Dr. O
KP
Uruk
Binky
Val
Doug
Marco
Hawks
Hov
In the Just Regular, Everyday, Non-Mega-Contest, we have the following entries:

Karma Police
Don Quixote
jwb
Hov34
simey
Just Win Baby
Manster
DrianMalcolm
Pip's Invitation
Hawks64
MAC_32
Dr. Octopus
Uruk-Hai
higgins
Val Rannous
Mrs. Rannous
New Binky the Doormat
Doug B
The Dreaded Marco

Still time to get in, and if you're worried about how much it's gonna cost you, it's free, free, free, but only for a limited time (Void in Vermont (Just kidding)).

Added to the "Now voting" List:

AAABatteries
Westerberg
Chaz McNulty
Chaos34
falguy
cosjobs
scorchy

Here's a bizarre stat of interest to no one but me: somehow I ended up with five of my selected artists getting exactly 42 points. Spoiler: 42 points is not a good showing.

OK, a guessing game you might be more interested in...at what overall ranking will our highest-ranking female artist land?
Eww, it's gonna be lower than we think (I think)... 40th?

I'll give the female ranking answer in a bit, and the number of artists once I calculate it. I think you're all correct to expect a lot fewer, even with nine more lists submitted.

For the other two questions I suppose I should wait until the contest entry deadline passes, since it could affect answers.
IF the female is in the top 10, that could be spoiler for the contest. Or on the flip side if someone submitted a list with female artist in their 7, they know they are wrong if your answer is out of the top 10.

Yeah, I realized that later. :thumbup:

I'll give the female ranking answer in a bit, and the number of artists once I calculate it. I think you're all correct to expect a lot fewer, even with nine more lists submitted.

For the other two questions I suppose I should wait until the contest entry deadline passes, since it could affect answers.
IF the female is in the top 10, that could be spoiler for the contest. Or on the flip side if someone submitted a list with female artist in their 7, they know they are wrong if your answer is out of the top 10.

Yeah, I realized that later. :thumbup:
Currently there are 3 female fronted acts that have received 1 vote apiece in the contest.

Since I'm working on the artist rankings right now...guesses as to total number of artists in this countdown? For reference, in the US countdown we had 36 lists submitted with 526 different artists.

Here's a bizarre stat of interest to no one but me: somehow I ended up with five of my selected artists getting exactly 42 points. Spoiler: 42 points is not a good showing.

OK, a guessing game you might be more interested in...at what overall ranking will our highest-ranking female artist land?
Are you trying to tell us something about your activities this evening? :laugh:

I'm going to predict that the highest-ranking female artist (or female-fronted band) in the catch-all countdown will have a higher ranking than the counterpart in the British Isles one or the US one.

Oooo, that's an interesting one. Highest rank among the three countdowns? Highest US was #17 (Aretha).

Living in NY you get a lot of cuisines but Bosnian seems to have been a miss for me - what's it like?
You can browse the menu for specific items. Generally, Bosnian food is in the butter zone of Hungarian, Czech, and Greek food. They seem to eat very well. We thought we'd lost the restaurant during Covid, but they took the opportunity to move to a much better location.

Houston has restaurants that cover gazillions of cuisines. It's a lot of foodie fun.

Been there several times. They do have great food.

Since I'm working on the artist rankings right now...guesses as to total number of artists in this countdown? For reference, in the US countdown we had 36 lists submitted with 526 different artists.
Like all the others, I expect less artists but with more participation maybe the drop off isn't as steep. How about 487.

Fewer. :wink:

I'm going to predict that the highest-ranking female artist (or female-fronted band) in the catch-all countdown will have a higher ranking than the counterpart in the British Isles one or the US one.

Oooo, that's an interesting one. Highest rank among the three countdowns? Highest US was #17 (Aretha).

That is awfully, awfully low for Aretha, who should have been a top 10 pick.

I miss that show. At the time of the final season I was ok with everything and didn't hate it like so many but I have never gone back to watch it again. Which i guess tells the story since I watched the first 5 seasons 3 or 4 times.

Did you watch the prequel? I'm going to, but I don't watch anything until the series is over*, so have to wait.

*Better Call Saul was my one exception.

Truffle oil Pizza. And some good red wine.

OH hates truffle oil. There are a couple of great pizza joints in the area that offer pies with house-made sausage, local mushrooms, and truffle oil (maybe some other stuff but who cares), and I have to get it without the truffle oil.
I don't know how to react to that, but ima gonna refill my glass and just let the fermented liquid kill the brain cells that would have the job of remembering it.

I miss that show. At the time of the final season I was ok with everything and didn't hate it like so many but I have never gone back to watch it again. Which i guess tells the story since I watched the first 5 seasons 3 or 4 times.

Did you watch the prequel? I'm going to, but I don't watch anything until the series is over*, so have to wait.

*Better Call Saul was my one exception.
Not yet for similar reason. I'd like it to get 2 or 3 seasons to get into its groove. Since we went fully streaming I have become that person who had no patience for waiting for the next episode.

I watched the first 5 several times as well. The 6th I think I went through twice. I watched season 7 and 8 one time each, and haven't revisited. Nor the other seasons after those two aired.

The best (unfortunate) meme I saw was the one that compared seasons 1-4 of that painting of Jesus, 5-6 of the unrestored version, and 7-8 of the "restored" one that made him look like a monkey.

Are you trying to tell us something about your activities this evening? :laugh:
The universe will often reveal its mysteries to you, if you l listen.

We getting teaser questions or observations for the countdown that I have 0 change of guessing, @krista4 ? ;)

I'll come up with something. I posted about the cover songs yesterday and no one speculated, so you could start there. :lol:

Last night I was looking to see which artist would win whatever the opposite of the Ace Award is - let's call it the Two of Clubs Award - in that they had the most songs chosen without a duplicate. Turned out the number of songs was pretty low, though. Two artists had five songs taken with no duplicates. One almost crushed them with eight different songs but got a late duplication.
Completely random guesses: The Stranglers and Joss Stone.

Interesting... According to the Charity Contest Voting, we the voters believe there is a clear "Top 8". Out of the current 26 entries, there are 5 acts that have received between 23 and 20 votes. After that, there's not another act until you get all the way down to 11 votes.

Charity contest voters are dummies.

Because we're all dummies.
I mean, yeah, it's in the thread title...

I'm going to predict that the highest-ranking female artist (or female-fronted band) in the catch-all countdown will have a higher ranking than the counterpart in the British Isles one or the US

Looks like I'm not really going to get up and cook dinner.

indulge in some really good pizza ...

YOU READ MY MIND. :heart:

the kind you love but rarely order because it's just too ridiculously priced ...

I hear you can get the wine delivered too.
Looks like I'm not really going to get up and cook dinner.

indulge in some really good pizza ...

YOU READ MY MIND. :heart:

the kind you love but rarely order because it's just too ridiculously priced ...

I hear you can get the wine delivered too.
What we call truffle oil. is an abomination. It's grotesque and I will return any dish when I smell its fetid odor.

Users who are viewing this thread