What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getcha passports ready - the middle-aged dummies are going to the British Isles! Top 31 song countdown. (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice:

Still Of The Night - Whitesnake

and regarding this song... man, it's a hair-metal masterpiece. I loved the Slide It In album, and was excited for this release. This song leads it off iirc, but also led to a bit of disappointment, because the rest of the album kind of went the power-ballad route that a lot of these bands started doing. Here I go Again is decent, but the rest just didn't do it for me.

But this song... wow.
If you have to listen to Whitesnake, this is one of two choices.

3 Songs for the 4 pointers- All New to Me

So Excited by Ranking Rodger- fun dance tune
Happy Hour by The Housemartins- again, this is just funny sunny music
Cody by Mogwai- totally different vibe, feels like I am floating....can't say I care for the artwork on Spotify for this one

When I went to see Sir Paul at SoFi stadium last year, when he sang “Maybe I’m Amazed” he displayed the cover photo from the McCartney album, the one where he’s holding a tiny baby. Then he said, “She’s a grandmother now.” That freaked me out.

That pic is on the back cover. :grad: But yeah, that's freaky.
front is a bowl of salmon eggs? or cherries? Lovelovelove that album

Faves of the things I knew:
In God's Country - U2 (worrierking)
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne (Manster) - Love this. Of course.
Rehab - Amy Winehouse (rockaction)
You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest (Just Win Baby)
Gloria – Them (jwb) Good ol' ragged song.
Freedom! '90 - George Michael (Hov34)
A View To A Kill - Duran Duran (ditkaburgers) - I think I predicted at least 2 James Bond themes, and this gets us half-way there. I'd put it among the top 5 Bond themes.
Alive And Kicking (from Live from the City of Light) - Simple Minds (higgins) - file this under "song I knew and I didn't know the title"
Picture Book - The Kinks (shuke)

Faves of the things I didn't know:
Suspect Device (1979 album version) - Stiff Little Fingers (Pip) - this is fun and nasty.

Prodigal Son – The Rolling Stones (Hawks64) - I remain convinced the Stones are going to have like 4 votes for their top pick and 1 or 2 for everything. They've just got so many that are so interesting to so many. Mine are both pretty ragged picks themselves, like this one.

Complete Control - The Clash (Mister CIA) - The Clash are generally a pretty solid pick no matter what.

Happy Hour - The Housemartins (simey)

That's Not My Name – The Ting Tings (Mrs. Rannous) -- Oooh, this one's a banger. I like.

Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues - Mclusky (Oliver Humanzee) - G-d, I have no idea what to make of this one.

My son is becoming Bar Mitzvah on Saturday, so I am likely to miss some of this thread, but I'll be back!

Faves of the things I knew:
In God's Country - U2 (worrierking)
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne (Manster) - Love this. Of course.
Rehab - Amy Winehouse (rockaction)
You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest (Just Win Baby)
Gloria – Them (jwb) Good ol' ragged song.
Freedom! '90 - George Michael (Hov34)
A View To A Kill - Duran Duran (ditkaburgers) - I think I predicted at least 2 James Bond themes, and this gets us half-way there. I'd put it among the top 5 Bond themes.
Alive And Kicking (from Live from the City of Light) - Simple Minds (higgins) - file this under "song I knew and I didn't know the title"
Picture Book - The Kinks (shuke)

Faves of the things I didn't know:
Suspect Device (1979 album version) - Stiff Little Fingers (Pip) - this is fun and nasty.

Prodigal Son – The Rolling Stones (Hawks64) - I remain convinced the Stones are going to have like 4 votes for their top pick and 1 or 2 for everything. They've just got so many that are so interesting to so many. Mine are both pretty ragged picks themselves, like this one.

Complete Control - The Clash (Mister CIA) - The Clash are generally a pretty solid pick no matter what.

Happy Hour - The Housemartins (simey)

That's Not My Name – The Ting Tings (Mrs. Rannous) -- Oooh, this one's a banger. I like.

Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues - Mclusky (Oliver Humanzee) - G-d, I have no idea what to make of this one.

My son is becoming Bar Mitzvah on Saturday, so I am likely to miss some of this thread, but I'll be back!
Mazel tov!

KarmaPolice:

and regarding this song... man, it's a hair-metal masterpiece. I loved the Slide It In album, and was excited for this release. This song leads it off iirc, but also led to a bit of disappointment, because the rest of the album kind of went the power-ballad route that a lot of these bands started doing. Here I go Again is decent, but the rest just didn't do it for me.

But this song... wow.
I'm a big fan of John Sykes. Was hoping to include Blue Murder in the countdown, but alas, freaking Carmine Appice (who's been in about three thousand bands) made it ineligible.

KarmaPolice:

But this song... wow.
I'm a big fan of John Sykes. Was hoping to include Blue Murder in the countdown, but alas, freaking Carmine Appice (who's been in about three thousand bands) made it ineligible.
:hifive: I loved that debut album, not a bad song on it IMO.

Pretty good selection of new to me songs today. I actually added one to my favorites list (Sunshine on Leith), although I don't know how long it'll stay there.

I ALMOST added two others so far - Charlotte Anne and Hey Now!

And I'm embarrassed to say, I actually got a kick out of That's Not My Name. I don't know where I'd heard it before but it was vaguely familiar. But let's be honest - I don't have the self image to withstand the ridicule that would ensue if someone found that on my playlist...and I have a couple Miley Cyrus songs in there!

All the rumors flying around the board today made be realize I forgot to include someone on my playlist I surely would have, had I thought of him in the first place.

Regrets are up to two now. Well, technically one, as I forgot which was my first regret.

Known-to-me favorites from #28:

Sunshine of Your Love -- Cream (Don Quixote)
Roundabout -- Yes (Zegras11)
Maybe I'm Amazed -- Paul McCartney (Binky)
I Am the Resurrection -- The Stone Roses (Eephus)
Gloria -- Them (jwb)
Freedom! '90 -- George Michael (Hov34)
Airbag -- Radiohead (Scorchy)
Rehab -- Amy Winehouse (Rockaction)
In God's Country -- U2 (Worrierking)
In the Meantime -- Spacehog (MAC 32)
Eye in the Sky -- The Alan Parsons Project (Simsarge)
Perfect Strangers -- Deep Purple (Doc Oc)
Picture Book -- The Kinks (Shuke)
I Feel Free -- Cream (Yankee23Fan)
Got My Mind Set on You -- George Harrison (Val Rannous)
Ready to Go -- Republica (Andy)
Tears of a Clown -- The English Beat (Cosjobs)
Complete Control -- The Clash (Mister CIA)

So Spotify sucks *** if you don't have a subscription
Sorry, it's the only option I have. :kicksrock:
I'm sure it's a fine service if you have a subscription. We have Amazon music cuz we have Amazon prime.....Alexa, and blink cameras.....the whole 9.....I'm sure the gub is listening to our super interesting conversations
It means the government has been listening to a lot of Screaming Trees and Elder. This can only be a good thing.

Well, I went through all the Radiohead albums yesterday, and I have some hard cuts to start making. Initial gut reaction adds to my playlist had 47 songs just from the albums. No surprise that 3 albums dominated the playlist with 8, 7, and 6 songs from each taken. The biggest surprise for me was the 4th album that also got 6 songs added. :oldunsure: The other 5 all had 4 adds from each.

Now I am going through the B-sides once again, then it's time to hit random on the playlist several times and see which songs don't stack up and attempt to cut 20 or so songs.

Rank all the songs, you coward.
I thought about it, until I started in on the B-sides.

Why you trying to make this even harder for me - I've got it down to 49 songs after my first listen!

Users who are viewing this thread