What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getcha passports ready - the middle-aged dummies are going to the British Isles! Top 31 song countdown. (3 Viewers)

Hakim and Williams are two fantastic drummers but very different in style. I love Williams' little drum fills with Rockpile.

Page 7 of the CD booklet lists both drummers as members of the group.

Not a bad deal for Hakim for 48 hours of work. Never had to go on tour or be on hand for another DS studio album. But, yes, the liner notes trump all.

In case anyone comes across Pete de Freitas from Echo and the Bunnymen and worries because he was born in Trinidad and Tobago, please note they are still eligible because he was born to English parents. Echo is on the A-OK list. Also, his Wiki page contains one of my favorite lines ever: "He joined the Bunnymen in 1979, replacing a drum machine."
I believe the drum machine was the “Echo” in “Echo and the Bunnymen.”

I was just double-checking The Small Faces and The Faces. They seem partially ineligible for period after Ronnie Lane left and was replaced by Tetsu Yamauchi in 1973. I think all that makes ineligible is “You Can Make Sing, Dance, or Anything ([long parenthetical that I’m not going to type out])” and the Coast to Coast live album.

He was also a member on Free’s Wishing Well.

Yes - various, check your lineups
Most of their “classics” are eligible.

guitarist and backing vocalist Trevor Rabin was South African - 90215 and Talk albums not eligible.

Some of the later live albums may not be eligible.
Patrick Moraz is Swiss, so anything from Relayer (1974) is ineligible.

Moraz also was a member of late-period Moody Blues, rendering songs from the following albums ineligible: Long Distance Voyager, The Present, The Other Side of Life and Sur La Mer. He left during sessions for Keys of the Kingdom and is credited as a guest musician on that one.

I was just double-checking The Small Faces and The Faces. They seem partially ineligible for period after Ronnie Lane left and was replaced by replaced by Tetsu Yamauchi in 1973. I think all that makes ineligible is “You Can Make Sing, Dance, or Anything ([long parenthetical that I’m not going to type out])” and the Coast to Coast live album.

Moraz also was a member of late-period Moody Blues, rendering songs from the following albums ineligible: Long Distance Voyager, The Present, The Other Side of Life and Sur La Mer. He left during sessions for Keys of the Kingdom and is credited as a guest musician on that one.

Thanks for these. Will investigate and update as appropriate.

By the way, I am linking in the third post to these types of posts to give more context and information.

Dire Straits – releases with Hal Lindes or Jack Sonni (both US)
Songs from these albums are eligible

Songs from these albums are not eligible

Jack Sonni was never an official member - he’s listed as “an additional musician” on Brothers In Arms.
Hal Lindes was an official member on Love Over Gold. He was also great on Barney Miller.

I couldn't care less since I'm not a fan of the band, but Jack Sonni is listed as a member on Wiki. However, as you pointed out, he's not listed on the page for Brothers in Arms. On the other hand, unfortunately Omar Hakim, born in New York, is listed as a member on that album, so it is still ineligible. I'll update post #3 just to reference the two ineligible albums.

ETA: Loved the Barney Miller reference.
It seems that for the majority of bands that get eliminated for having an American it’s due to the drummer.
Not enough Brits were hit with the rhythm stick.

I was just double-checking The Small Faces and The Faces. They seem partially ineligible for period after Ronnie Lane left and was replaced by Tetsu Yamauchi in 1973. I think all that makes ineligible is “You Can Make Sing, Dance, or Anything ([long parenthetical that I’m not going to type out])” and the Coast to Coast live album.

Looks like Free has an issue with John Bundrick (Texan), too.

Looks like Free has an issue with John Bundrick (Texan), too.

And Bundrick also makes a little bit of The Who ineligible.

He also eliminates Refugee for the Prog nerds

And Bundrick also makes a little bit of The Who ineligible.

I don't think Bundrick was ever an official member of the band.

Do Rabbits even count? 🐰

I'm not sure...for Endless Wire he is listed under "The Who principal musicians," which are distinguished from "Additional musicians" (which is the attribution he had received before this album). It seems like that might make him a member. Is anyone really taking anything from that album anyway?

Initial pass is telling me this one is a little harder as far as my personal faves. I think it's more top heavy with the Radioheads and Floyds, but I seem to be having a harder time after I get past about 10-15 bands.

Initial pass is telling me this one is a little harder as far as my personal faves. I think it's more top heavy with the Radioheads and Floyds, but I seem to be having a harder time after I get past about 10-15 bands.

Same here. I doubled-up twice on the US and will mostly avoid double-ups here, but it's more difficult for me.

Same here. I doubled-up twice on the US and will mostly avoid double-ups here, but it's more difficult for me.
To narrow things down, I didn't even overlap with personnel. As in, if I took a Beatles record, I didn't take any solo Beatles records. There is one person who overlaps my regular list and my Last 5 Out. (It's not Paul Weller, which may surprise some of you.)

Yes - various, check your lineups
Most of their “classics” are eligible.

guitarist and backing vocalist Trevor Rabin was South African - 90215 and Talk albums not eligible.

Some of the later live albums may not be eligible.

Rats, My song for this group is from this period. Looks like I have an entry for the draft after this one. (Another entry, I mean.)

Looking at the US thread I think I get the shtick...it's not actually the top 31 songs.

It's where music snobs get to show off how deep their musical library goes by proclaiming that the actual #1 song of all time is their bootleg collaboration between an adolescent Adam Ant and Mott the Hoople recorded in 1974 at the Old Trippe to Jerusalem pub recorded by a roused out of bed at 2 AM already hung over John Timperley.

I'm so in.

Looking at the US thread I think I get the shtick...it's not actually the top 31 songs.

It's where music snobs get to show off how deep their musical library goes by proclaiming that the actual #1 song of all time is their bootleg collaboration between an adolescent Adam Ant and Mott the Hoople recorded in 1974 at the Old Trippe to Jerusalem pub recorded by a roused out of bed at 2 AM already hung over John Timperley.

I'm so in.

This on Spotify?

Users who are viewing this thread