What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Giants Kicker - Tynes or Carney? - Late game (1 Viewer)

this makes no sense at all. Carney leads the league in fantasy points for a kicker which should correlate into best kicker in the nfl.

this makes no sense at all. Carney leads the league in fantasy points for a kicker which should correlate into best kicker in the nfl.
:goodposting: Beautiful.
Color me crazy... but I just can't see Coughlin letting Tynes kick with the roll that Carney is on. Carney may not be the guy for the whole year... but I just don't see a before gametime/during gametime Change... I'm starting Carney with confidence today in what should be a good matchup.

What's the latest on this. I searched around, and couldn't see anything. Those of in playoff-centric leagues would like to lock in the Giants kicker for another run at the championship.

shakeybarn said:
What's the latest on this. I searched around, and couldn't see anything. Those of in playoff-centric leagues would like to lock in the Giants kicker for another run at the championship.
From what I read, they were waiting on Tyree's health to make decision. They put him on IR. That keeps a roster space for 2 kickers. Clear as mud.

shakeybarn said:
From what I read, they were waiting on Tyree's health to make decision. They put him on IR. That keeps a roster space for 2 kickers. Clear as mud.
It's going to be waiting for the inactives list to come out every week. I was riding the Carney/Tynes thing waiting for it to shake out...but dropped Tynes today because Elam was available and has a much better schedule with games inside and in warm weather. I'll hang on to Carney and have a weekly decision between the two. I also don't like the fact that Carney only has three 40+ yd FG's for the season and it seems the Giants are willing to go for it on fourth down rather than try a longerish FG. We get big bonus points for over 40 and over 50 yarders.

Users who are viewing this thread