What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (23 Viewers)

Looking great, Bob! Seriously... I think the last pic you posted of yourself was right around the surgery- you look like your old self here... and those boys- good lord! sexy nurse is you kinda rubbing it in our faces though.... 
Thanks my brother!  Would love to get my beard back but think the radiation may have made that impossible.  The Father of one of my best and oldest friends had a similar situation and it has been 5 years and still no hair.  Oh well, least of my worries now.

Regarding the bolded, the pandemic and all of the extra work kept her from the gym but she has been hitting it hard.  I know it's for potential life 2.0 with @Gadzooksor @Thorn , possibly even @krista4;)

ETA

Not sure why she takes such lousy pictures sometimes.  I swear when she sleeps she looks like an angel.  The most beautiful woman in the world to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very elaborate, they just told me my mom was making her sauce and meatballs and I ran headlong onto the pongee sticks.  Long story short, the next day I was in the beautiful mountains of Colorado and have been sober for like 12 days.  I now own hiking boots (Krista>hey) and have actually used them.  Twice.

In case you're wondering how much of a life change this has been, just re-read that last bit.  I WALKED UP A FRIGGIN MOUNTAIN...AND NOT FOR BOOZE, DRUGS, OR SEX.

Anyway, I have a little more freedom now and can hop on here every once in a while and keep you jackholes up on the movings and groovings of your GB Homer J.

P and S I've already gotten in several arguments about all the god bull#### in the 12 step program, and basically been told that I can pretty much substitute anything for my "higher power" and I've decided to turn my life over to Paarthurnax.  Thorn and Tre will understand, the rest of you can look it up.

Much Love,

SoberHomer

I'm not sure why this popped up but so proud of our boy @Homer J. Simpson for his continued sobriety.  Hard to believe this was 6 years ago.  :thumbup:

Bob! Good to see you around! Pictures look great, man. How you feeling? 

Honestly, I'm still tired all the dang time.   It's frustrating and depressing.  I've been somebody that could outwork anyone be it in the office, field or yard.  Now I have to rely on people constantly.  I'm SO thankful there are wonderful people in my life there to help but it's not my style and the way I lived my life.  Very difficult.  Going to rehab and taking it day-to-day, not much else I can do at this point. 

How are things with you my brother?

Honestly, I'm still tired all the dang time.   It's frustrating and depressing.  I've been somebody that could outwork anyone be it in the office, field or yard.  Now I have to rely on people constantly.  I'm SO thankful there are wonderful people in my life there to help but it's not my style and the way I lived my life.  Very difficult.  Going to rehab and taking it day-to-day, not much else I can do at this point. 

How are things with you my brother?
I'd imagine adjusting to your new bodily reality is difficult. Hopefully with time will come endurance and stamina. Might still take a while, I'd bet. I think you had said doctors said they pumped you so full of stuff that it would take a year to a year and a half. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I'll bet you still feel blessed. 

Things are good here. Just celebrated a third year alcohol-free also (thanks again to Sober February) and I am just living. It's nice out in Southern California this morning -- a pleasant morning. It's my mother's birthday and we have plans for the evening. So, things are really fundamentally good. I'm happy. Happy to be alive and on the boards. That's about what I got for ya. I wish you peace, bud. Sending vibes your way. 

I’m so glad so many of you have stopped drinking and it’s been great for you. Weird that I’ve never drank before in 40+ years in life and about 9 months ago decided to try bourbon and now have a small glass of bourbon every other Friday. Everyone else is cutting alcohol out and I’m adding it (though limiting myself to no more than one drink on Friday nights to keep myself from becoming self-destructive).

I’m so glad so many of you have stopped drinking and it’s been great for you. Weird that I’ve never drank before in 40+ years in life and about 9 months ago decided to try bourbon and now have a small glass of bourbon every other Friday. Everyone else is cutting alcohol out and I’m adding it (though limiting myself to no more than one drink on Friday nights to keep myself from becoming self-destructive).
:oldunsure:

I’ve been drinking less but only because my kids have so many damn activities going on I’ve always gotta drive one of them around.  Tonight we have basketball from 7-9 and I would have popped an edible at least since it’s right in give neighborhood but nope, oldest has swimming from 6:45-8:15 and that’s a few miles away, so gotta go pick him up while the wife watches basketball then go back at the end of the game

so if I’m lucky I can start drinking at 9 tonight but by then I’ll just want to go to bed instead 

I’ve been drinking less but only because my kids have so many damn activities going on I’ve always gotta drive one of them around.  Tonight we have basketball from 7-9 and I would have popped an edible at least since it’s right in give neighborhood but nope, oldest has swimming from 6:45-8:15 and that’s a few miles away, so gotta go pick him up while the wife watches basketball then go back at the end of the game

so if I’m lucky I can start drinking at 9 tonight but by then I’ll just want to go to bed instead 
Kids ruin everything 

Thanks my brother!  Would love to get my beard back but think the radiation may have made that impossible.  The Father of one of my best and oldest friends had a similar situation and it has been 5 years and still no hair.  Oh well, least of my worries now.

Regarding the bolded, the pandemic and all of the extra work kept her from the gym but she has been hitting it hard.  I know it's for potential life 2.0 with @Gadzooksor @Thorn , possibly even @krista4;)

ETA

Not sure why she takes such lousy pictures sometimes.  I swear when she sleeps she looks like an angel.  The most beautiful woman in the world to me.

I meant @YSR not @krista4. because she teased about stealing Mrs. SLB away from me.

I've been somebody that could outwork anyone be it in the office, field or yard

Also meant to include with the bolded that I have this trait because I didn't have much natural  ability but man am I competitive. At least I was.  Seems so silly now.  Live and learn my friends, live and learn. :)

No idea why my daughter loves the outlet mall so much but after we did a tour of Lincoln Financial Field this morning as a birthday present for her, I gave in and we went to the outlet mall.

Some store called Mountain Warehouse is going out of business so I decided to check them out. Found merino with hiking socks priced at $15 and everything is 40% off so I figured I’d buy a couple of pairs as that price is worth the gamble for that price. Went to checkout and the guy said “if you want more of them, I’ll give them all to you for $2 a pair.” So now I have 6 new pairs of merino wool hiking socks of unknown quality for $12.

The guy was like “corporate told us whatever was my sold would be donated and we have the ability to sell stuff for whatever we want and I don’t think they’re actually going to donate it so screw ‘em.” Lol, ok with me!

No idea why my daughter loves the outlet mall so much but after we did a tour of Lincoln Financial Field this morning as a birthday present for her, I gave in and we went to the outlet mall.

Some store called Mountain Warehouse is going out of business so I decided to check them out. Found merino with hiking socks priced at $15 and everything is 40% off so I figured I’d buy a couple of pairs as that price is worth the gamble for that price. Went to checkout and the guy said “if you want more of them, I’ll give them all to you for $2 a pair.” So now I have 6 new pairs of merino wool hiking socks of unknown quality for $12.

The guy was like “corporate told us whatever was my sold would be donated and we have the ability to sell stuff for whatever we want and I don’t think they’re actually going to donate it so screw ‘em.” Lol, ok with me!
Stick it to the man (with socks!)

Stick it to the man (with socks!)
I think you meant "sock it to 'em."  Basically writes itself.

Good on all y'all for getting off the sauce if thats what works/needed to happen (he typed over a nice single malt, as a psuedo-celebratory drink for a new job offer i've accepted.)

@St. Louis Bobglad the arrow is pointing up on the health tip.  Rehab can be a slog, but it will be worth it.  Knock the bottom out of it.

Good on all y'all for getting off the sauce if thats what works/needed to happen (he typed over a nice single malt, as a psuedo-celebratory drink for a new job offer i've accepted.)

@St. Louis Bobglad the arrow is pointing up on the health tip.  Rehab can be a slog, but it will be worth it.  Knock the bottom out of it.
Dude. It’s f’ing time we had a beverage.  I’m off Sunday Monday. 

DA RAIDERS said:
Dude. It’s f’ing time we had a beverage.  I’m off Sunday Monday. 
Didnt see this until now.  I'm basically free and clear until the 9th. Totally open tomorrow too.  PM me.

5-ish Finkle said:

Congrats on the new job!

Didn't want to start a new thread for a question so I'm plunking it here. Hope that's OK. 

Help me out with an insurance question. You get into an accident and the other driver is at fault. Your insurance company should contact the other owners insurance company to handle the repairs to your car, and since it wasn't your fault, you should not have to pay your insurance deductible. Correct? 

This seems like common sense to me, but I've been told by more than one person that if you involve your own insurance company at all, they charge you your deductible. 

Didn't want to start a new thread for a question so I'm plunking it here. Hope that's OK. 

Help me out with an insurance question. You get into an accident and the other driver is at fault. Your insurance company should contact the other owners insurance company to handle the repairs to your car, and since it wasn't your fault, you should not have to pay your insurance deductible. Correct? 

This seems like common sense to me, but I've been told by more than one person that if you involve your own insurance company at all, they charge you your deductible. 
been a few years for me, but i got whacked for my deductible after my idiot neighbor backed in to me as i was about to pull off down the street.

How it has worked for me - is you pay the deductible and you insurance goes after the other insurance to reimburse you fro your deductible.   I have always paid the deductible up front to get my repairs going but have reimbursed every time.

I always thought that it was my insurance agent's job to handle all of this. I call him/her up, "Hey this is Mr Simsarge, I just had an accident". Give him the details as I have them and they do the rest. Contact my insurance company, get police reports, call other insurance company, tow truck, adjuster, get hospital bills, give me three body shops, rental car, etc. 

belljr said:
How it has worked for me - is you pay the deductible and you insurance goes after the other insurance to reimburse you fro your deductible.   I have always paid the deductible up front to get my repairs going but have reimbursed every time.
This is how it normally works.   There may be some companies that do it differently, but I haven't seen  it.

kid needs braces.  neat.
We just went through Invisalign for the 14yo. 8mo instead of 2 years and "cheaper". He's on to retainers now. I'm sure there are people against it, but so far it seems to have worked. But you have to know your kid and whether they'll be diligent about keeping the trays in or not.

kid needs braces.  neat.
My almost 14 year old got them a year ago or so.  Growing up my sister and brother needed them, and for some reason I had it in my head that they cost like 15k.  Guy we go to was only 3k I think, and that covers everything over the entire time she has them.  Luckily I have been maxing out the HSA for the last 14 years to build up for crap like this, he thinks my 11 year old will need them but we are waiting for all her baby teeth to fall out.

Also something that shows how far I have moved from where I grew up, the orthodontist was in my mom's class when she taught 1st grade, and the dentist they go to was school friends with my brother.

My almost 14 year old got them a year ago or so.  Growing up my sister and brother needed them, and for some reason I had it in my head that they cost like 15k.  Guy we go to was only 3k I think, and that covers everything over the entire time she has them.  Luckily I have been maxing out the HSA for the last 14 years to build up for crap like this, he thinks my 11 year old will need them but we are waiting for all her baby teeth to fall out.

Also something that shows how far I have moved from where I grew up, the orthodontist was in my mom's class when she taught 1st grade, and the dentist they go to was school friends with my brother.
5k out here in beugie ### SoCal.  dentist has her name on the side of the building, has a CT machine in house and does same day crowns.  and is the same price as the ortho factory my neighbor works at,   :shrug:   

We just went through Invisalign for the 14yo. 8mo instead of 2 years and "cheaper". He's on to retainers now. I'm sure there are people against it, but so far it seems to have worked. But you have to know your kid and whether they'll be diligent about keeping the trays in or not.
my kid's teeth are fine.   except for the f'ing hillbilly tooth that waited until 6 months ago to grow in.  she's 15.  and it's decided to come in more horizontally.  threatening the teeth next to it.  surgery is needed, just to get the damn thing straightened out, so it will come in.  plus braces.  good times.

i blame my wife.  My redneck, North Carolina,  wife. :D  

my kid's teeth are fine.   except for the f'ing hillbilly tooth that waited until 6 months ago to grow in.  she's 15.  and it's decided to come in more horizontally.  threatening the teeth next to it.  surgery is needed, just to get the damn thing straightened out, so it will come in.  plus braces.  good times.

i blame my wife.  My redneck, North Carolina,  wife. :D  
I'm no dentist, but my dad was... as such, I say rednecks and their teeth are the worst.

but also- could it be wisdom tooth related? like, they're coming in and pushing stuff around?

I'm no dentist, but my dad was... as such, I say rednecks and their teeth are the worst.

but also- could it be wisdom tooth related? like, they're coming in and pushing stuff around?
No. Wisdom teeth aren’t coming in yet. I get to pay for their removal after or during the braces.  This is all hillbilly 

My dad was a dentist too and had an office in a not so great neighborhood in Queens, NYC.  They could give the rednecks good competition for the worst teeth, although nobody is worse than the Brits.

My parents told me that if you had glasses you couldn’t have braces and I was at the age when you still believed what my parents told me (except for the part about finding me on the grocery store shelf as an infant and just taking me home). It pretty much traumatized my teeth into growing in mostly straight.

Daughter is just finishing up Invisalign and it was a good experience.

My friend's house burned down recently. Tragic, but he has good insurance and his family has money. House in the Hamptons, apt overlooking central park, found a Picasso drawing we forgot about money. He's temporarily moved into his parent's country weekend house. One of his coworkers started a gofundme, and my friend casually sent me the link. Everyone I know is donating. I just don't even know what to say.

My friend's house burned down recently. Tragic, but he has good insurance and his family has money. House in the Hamptons, apt overlooking central park, found a Picasso drawing we forgot about money. He's temporarily moved into his parent's country weekend house. One of his coworkers started a gofundme, and my friend casually sent me the link. Everyone I know is donating. I just don't even know what to say.
What's the fundraising goal?

Link?

Users who are viewing this thread