What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

If Raiders can't get it for you, it's in stock at my local Autozone and can get however many you need.

Thanks.

We're having a record heatwave and my daughter's friend needs her AC charged.  I have one or two of these small cans in my  garage, but I just learned that you can't get this stuff in Washington anymore, and you can't even have it shipped here by normal channels.  I guess you can still get it at farm stores because there is an exception for agriculture, but I don't have one anywhere near me.   

So not urgent, but when I need it I don't want to have to hunt it down.

We had a nice graduation party for Cal.  Well, mostly nice.   Big family, lots of friends, so shot the lock off the wallet and rented this place .  Problem is about an hour after the party started some jerkoffs smashed out the windows of about a dozen of our guest's cars and stole anything they could.  That really sucked.  Other than that a great time.  I crashed and burned after 5-6 beers and 3 hours.  Thankfully my awesome friends and family helped Mrs. SLB clean everything up. 

He and his friends made it to Orlando and back.  I was already concerned since he's never flown before and extremely bummed out I wasn't there to share the experience with him.  We waited and watched him go through security and he began waving his finger at TSA because they wanted him to remove all of the electronic gizmos from his carry on.  It was pretty funny since they didn't cuff and haul him away. 

Cancer stuff, I don't know. Scans look good. Dr. J said he doesn't have any immediate concerns. Great! What bothers me is I had another episode of extreme pain last week.  It's what I imagine being tortured is like. Constant, never ending, drugs, ice, nothing really helps much.  My neck, every tooth on the left lower jaw to chin, my eye felt like it could explode. Thankfully this ONLY lasted 23 hours 56 minutes.  The last time it was weeks.  That's good but honestly I feel like I'm getting worse. I do everything they tell me and keep pushing as hard as I can every day so I thought it could be a possible chemical dependency.  I fought through 10 pretty miserable days gradually lowering the dosage to - zero- but nope, that's not it.  I need another eye surgery on 9/9, hopefully that will at least help that section of my noggin. 

We're seeing a family therapist next week.  Finally. Like every other profession these days they are in short supply.  It's especially good because it seems like every little thing that can go wrong does.  Mrs. SLB and I went down the super hero rabbit hole when the boys were younger. They outgrew them, we did not. Lol  Went to see the new Thor movie this afternoon. A major part of the storyline is that of two lovers, one whom has cancer.  The rest of the movie is purposely cheesy but here we are crying at a stupid super hero movie.  I was just hoping for a couple of hours of escape. :lmao:

Peace and love my friends, peace and love. 

ETA

Oh yes, memory is still pretty horrible. I meant to include amongst the bolded that we got over a foot of rain and in two days and flooded the basement. Thankfully it's not fully finished and most everything is on shelving so not much of a loss,just a pain.   Lol, as I was typing this remembered the house got hit by lightning about a month ago.  As your friendly neighborhood office supply guy, everything is on surge protectors but it somehow jumped and fried the router and the wireless connection it had to the printer.  I swear God is just screwing with me. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
@St. Louis Bob

Just wanted to say your honesty, courage and love of your family is something we should all emulate. 

Here’s to your luck improving and pain subsiding. 🍻

:goodposting: berndog says it much more eloquently and succinctly than I could. Keep kicking ### GB, much ❤️

Thanks GBs.  I of course want nothing more than to be healthy again but it absolutely sucks having to tell people my current condition which is why I haven't posted or emailed any updates recently. 

• Love
Reactions: SWC
Thanks GBs.  I of course want nothing more than to be healthy again but it absolutely sucks having to tell people my current condition which is why I haven't posted or emailed any updates recently. 
I have had this conversation with several “I’m not going to ask how you’re doing, not because I don’t care but everyone asks you that.  Let’s just bull#### and if you want to talk about it I’m here.”  I can’t say I  strictly adhere to it but it was well received. 

Heres to better days in the future. 

If you run out of bread and need to make a PBJ, soft tortillas (such as the Mission Carb Balance flour ones) make a fine substitute.

:HOTTAKE?!?!:

If you run out of bread and need to make a PBJ, soft tortillas (such as the Mission Carb Balance flour ones) make a fine substitute.

I don't know, but I dipped saltine crackers in spaghetti sauce last night because I didn't have any bread. Went surprisingly well. :thumbup:

I don't know, but I dipped saltine crackers in spaghetti sauce last night because I didn't have any bread. Went surprisingly well. :thumbup:

I love peanut butter and jelly on saltine crackers….
Man, I haven't had or thought about this in freaking years like 2 decades!!!!!! I'm going to have to go buy saltines now. So good 👍

Last week we broke a streak of 52 consecutive days without rain. This week we're going to flood. Can we not just hit a fairway every once in a while?

• Laughing
Reactions: SWC
I need to get a colonoscopy. It's scheduled for April 21st. This is the first time for me. I'm really not looking forward to the prep on the day before. Do you guys recommend I take that day off from work? I work from home so at least I don't need to be in an office.
How did this go. My first today. Fun.

I need to get a colonoscopy. It's scheduled for April 21st. This is the first time for me. I'm really not looking forward to the prep on the day before. Do you guys recommend I take that day off from work? I work from home so at least I don't need to be in an office.
On the bright side two things happen with a colonoscopy:

1. You get a great nap

2. You lose about 5 pounds with the clean out

1. You get a great nap

3. You get to fart with impunity for about 30 minutes

Coming out of the anesthesia is a great time for some shtick. Once I regain my wits it's time to just blurt out the first thing that pops into my mind:

"wow, nurse. you look just like my high school girlfriend"

"i could hear the doctor talking the whole time during the procedure"

"can i post the video on my tik-tok account?"

Works great with the spouse in the room.

Enjoy the gummy bears and life savers (just not the red and purple ones)

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't need to take the day before off. I would have, however, if I didn't work from home.

one of my surgeries and ive had a few they had me on morphine this was when i was a lot younger like a lot younger and had torn my shoulder up with sports so anyhow i was doped out of my mind and kept using the call box to call the nurse station and tell them i had an emergency and when they came in i told them that i needed a big mac they told me that was not an emergency and took away my call box anyhow good to see you brohans up in here take that to the bank brochachos

Not really sure where else to vent, but a sad day in Central Oregon. There was a shooting at a Safeway in Bend last night. Apparently one gunman with a rifle ("assault" style according to media) and a shotgun. Started shooting outside in the parking lot, then went inside and continued. Two victims dead, and word is he killed himself when confronted by citizen(s) who were carrying themselves. Police, thankfully, DID run into the building as soon as they got there, but by then it was over.

In no way do I want to get into the political part of this here, but there's no mention of it in the PSF so just trying to voice my sadness, fear, and anger. Of course it's more "real" when it's close to home, but I'm not sure why it has to keep getting more "real" to us. There is also a rumor that this coward originally intended to terrorize the local high school after school starts next week, but for some reason didn't wait. And my son goes back to high school Tuesday, and my wife teaches reading at an elementary school starting Tuesday. Just lots of :crying: and frayed nerves around here.

Last week we broke a streak of 52 consecutive days without rain. This week we're going to flood. Can we not just hit a fairway every once in a while?
I keep waiting for someone like Elon to figure out a way to timely and efficiently relocate excess water in places like Dallas, St Louis, etc to places like Lake Mead. Insurance companies alone should be ecstatic to fund this. How has it not happened yet?

Turned 50 last month, so I had the obligatory colonoscopy this morning. No issues, but not in my top 10 life experiences or anything. I'll never look at orange Gatorade the same way again.
My doctor told me to pick a flavor of Gatorade you hate, because if you pick one you like you'll never want it again. So orange was my choice, worst of all the Gatorades :D

1. You get a great nap

3. You get to fart with impunity for about 30 minutes
I had never been put under before this. I felt like I blinked, and opened my eyes staring at my wife. I said "They are about to take me back". She said "Nope, you've been farting in here for 45 minutes". No recollection whatsoever.

I’ve never been a big tequila fan but I’m really digging it this evening. I bought a small bottle of El Jimador silver and poured it over a **** ton of squeezed limes and lots of ice. Surprised I like it this much.

I’ve never been a big tequila fan but I’m really digging it this evening. I bought a small bottle of El Jimador silver and poured it over a **** ton of squeezed limes and lots of ice. Surprised I like it this much.

Tell us where and under what circumstances you find your pants.
Pants?? I’ll settle for my car keys and a shred of dignity.

Tell us where and under what circumstances you find your pants.
Pants?? I’ll settle for my car keys and a shred of dignity.

Keys/Shreds gone with the teh-kill-ya.

Coming out of the anesthesia is a great time for some shtick. Once I regain my wits it's time to just blurt out the first thing that pops into my mind:

"wow, nurse. you look just like my high school girlfriend"

"i could hear the doctor talking the whole time during the procedure"

"can i post the video on my tik-tok account?"

Works great with the spouse in the room.

:lmao: I want to hang out with this guy.

Well folks, I left a job I love to be part of a different group. Goodbye highlands of New Mexico, hello eastern TN. What should I know about the Knoxville area, besides I should befriend people with a boat?

I know there have been some not to happy things being shared here, and my heart goes out to you all.

FBG rate my team function has had grade inflation.

10 team league and there was 1 A, 1 B+ and 8 Bs.

Thoughts?

My buddy sent his oldest off to college a few weeks ago. His kid loves college but has a serious roommate issue. The roommate grew up nearby. Close enough the parents can drop in whenever. And apparently that’s exactly what is happening. Like 2-3 times a week the parents come by and just walk in the room unannounced to do stuff like make the bed and do their kid’s laundry. They came in one night after 8pm when my friend’s kid was getting ready for bed (not sure why a college freshman is getting ready for bed so early, but who am I to judge?).

So weird. Why even send your kid to stay on campus when you live that close and are going to come by to do laundry and make beds multiple times a week?

The college seems hesitant to do anything and has so far just said it’s a roommate issue and to figure it out. But, IMO, I told my buddy it’s a safety issue. Can’t have grown adults popping into 18 year old’s rooms at all hours of the day and night. That’s creepy. So yeah, don’t be that parent.

My buddy sent his oldest off to college a few weeks ago. His kid loves college but has a serious roommate issue. The roommate grew up nearby. Close enough the parents can drop in whenever. And apparently that’s exactly what is happening. Like 2-3 times a week the parents come by and just walk in the room unannounced to do stuff like make the bed and do their kid’s laundry. They came in one night after 8pm when my friend’s kid was getting ready for bed (not sure why a college freshman is getting ready for bed so early, but who am I to judge?).

So weird. Why even send your kid to stay on campus when you live that close and are going to come by to do laundry and make beds multiple times a week?

The college seems hesitant to do anything and has so far just said it’s a roommate issue and to figure it out. But, IMO, I told my buddy it’s a safety issue. Can’t have grown adults popping into 18 year old’s rooms at all hours of the day and night. That’s creepy. So yeah, don’t be that parent.
Jeez, that’s horrible. I would definitely look to change rooms ASAP.

Can the kid say something to the parents directly? Tell them straight up?

Users who are viewing this thread