What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (4 Viewers)

My buddy sent his oldest off to college a few weeks ago. His kid loves college but has a serious roommate issue. The roommate grew up nearby. Close enough the parents can drop in whenever. And apparently that’s exactly what is happening. Like 2-3 times a week the parents come by and just walk in the room unannounced to do stuff like make the bed and do their kid’s laundry. They came in one night after 8pm when my friend’s kid was getting ready for bed (not sure why a college freshman is getting ready for bed so early, but who am I to judge?).

So weird. Why even send your kid to stay on campus when you live that close and are going to come by to do laundry and make beds multiple times a week?

The college seems hesitant to do anything and has so far just said it’s a roommate issue and to figure it out. But, IMO, I told my buddy it’s a safety issue. Can’t have grown adults popping into 18 year old’s rooms at all hours of the day and night. That’s creepy. So yeah, don’t be that parent.
Do they have a key? Even if they do, your kid's friend is a legal adult. Anytime someone who isn't his roommate pops in, have him call security or the cops....that'll change their behavior.

Do they have a key? Even if they do, your kid's friend is a legal adult. Anytime someone who isn't his roommate pops in, have him call security or the cops....that'll change their behavior.
Not sure of the exact scenario. I’m assuming their kid is letting them into the building at least as most dorms these days require an ID badge to get in.

I’m sure there are things that can be done eventually, just sucks for an 18 year old out on their own for the first time to have to deal with this. Though also a great early learning situation.

The one other complicating factor is that the dad is a very high powered lawyer. So there’s a little trepidation in how to handle an unhealthy helicopter parent who may have tremendous clout/resources.

so it seems to me the boy got two options first like my old man taught me he should stand up when attorney dad comes in and yell as loud as he can to scare the dad it works on bears and will work here too then when dad flinches hes got to deliver an atomic choad chopper on him he will start bawling and probably puke a little that’s life in the big city take that to the bank bromigos

My dog has found a new favorite morning activity- toad licking. First thing in the morning, he bolts out the door and patrols the property. For the past two days, and once last week, he has come back with his mouth foaming and with a newly acquired twitch. Turns out, the local toads have a non-lethal toxin that they excrete for self defense. Unpleasant for the dog for an hour or two, but apparently Obi is in to that kind of thing.

This is the same dog who about two months ago somehow got ahold of weed or an edible (we don’t partake) and was taken to the vet, only to discover that he was stoned off his ***.

My dog has found a new favorite morning activity- toad licking. First thing in the morning, he bolts out the door and patrols the property. For the past two days, and once last week, he has come back with his mouth foaming and with a newly acquired twitch. Turns out, the local toads have a non-lethal toxin that they excrete for self defense. Unpleasant for the dog for an hour or two, but apparently Obi is in to that kind of thing.

This is the same dog who about two months ago somehow got ahold of weed or an edible (we don’t partake) and was taken to the vet, only to discover that he was stoned off his ***.

are you sure it’s not pleasant? Sounds like your dog has a drug problem

FBG rate my team function has had grade inflation.

10 team league and there was 1 A, 1 B+ and 8 Bs.

Thoughts?

Something definitely broken there if you're seeing that. It's too late to fix now but you could help us a lot if you sent in the report and your league info to our help desk and they can try to look. www.footballguys.com/help and scroll down to "contact support" and enter the info. Thanks a lot.

He apparently doesn’t consider it a problem.

Did you adopt a poodle from @cosjobs ?

The dog says he can stop any time he wants to.

The dog says he can stop any time he wants to.

Did you adopt a poodle from @cosjobs ?
He’s a Stoner Pointer. He also says “I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!!”

Be careful. Those big cane toads here in Florida can kill dogs.

:goodposting:

Yeah, I looked it up. They’re not that far north yet (N Ga mountains).

Got a new driveway, garage floor, front steps and stoop this week. These are the days, boys, when you can sit out in a lawn chair, drinking a beer, and getting excited about some fresh concrete.

:banned:
I had a sunken corner of my drive that I got fixed/leveled back in the spring. I can tell I'm old by the amount of happiness that brought me (especially when wheeling the trash bin out to the curb)

FBG rate my team function has had grade inflation.

10 team league and there was 1 A, 1 B+ and 8 Bs.

Thoughts?

Something definitely broken there if you're seeing that. It's too late to fix now but you could help us a lot if you sent in the report and your league info to our help desk and they can try to look. www.footballguys.com/help and scroll down to "contact support" and enter the info. Thanks a lot.

Done. Ran the rate my team for my second draft last night and got 3 As, 1 A-, 2 B+, 3 Bs and 1 B-. The B- was awarded to the GM who took Mark Andrews with the 9th pick.

Now I am unable to pull those drafts up in DD. All of this is in the support submission.

@General Malaise @cosjobs

I’m still on cloud nine after getting new windows for the house back in April :thumbup:
It's really that much better? I've been thinking about it. It's really expensive here, especially because I would have to get a specific style because we can't change the way the building looks from the outside. My windows are from 1985. I would like something less drafty and that covers the sounds of the city better. Maybe my electricity bill will go down a bit too.

@General Malaise @cosjobs
Toadlicking is hallucinogenic.

I’m still on cloud nine after getting new windows for the house back in April :thumbup:
It's really that much better? I've been thinking about it. It's really expensive here, especially because I would have to get a specific style because we can't change the way the building looks from the outside. My windows are from 1985. I would like something less drafty and that covers the sounds of the city better. Maybe my electricity bill will go down a bit too.
I think it’s worth it. Our house came with garbage contractor single pane windows (circa 2005). Minimal street noise, lower electric bills somewhat (although rates are going up), and 175-185 mph impact-resistant windows so no more paneling windows in hurricane season. It was pretty expensive for the whole house, but I also have triple sliding panels in the back of the house that cost $11k to replace.

ETA: I posted these pics in the homeowners projects thread a while back, but here is the link to them again.

Last edited:
$68,725.50
Not even in the ballpark

ETA: Much cheaper
just a little shtick i've been working out

every time i hear someone mention home repair i throw out an exaggerated guess at the cost. mixed results so far, imo.

we had a window estimate last year and i nearly shat myself. felt like a "this job isn't big enough for me to do, but i'll do it if they pay this pie in the sky amount that i throw out". in that moment a lukewarm new shtick were born.

$68,725.50
Not even in the ballpark

every time i hear someone mention home repair i throw out an exaggerated guess at the cost. mixed results so far, imo.

we had a window estimate last year and i nearly shat myself. felt like a "this job isn't big enough for me to do, but i'll do it if they pay this pie in the sky amount that i throw out". in that moment a lukewarm new shtick were born.
If I went Pella or Andersen I could probably get a lot closer to that shtick amount. :lol:

$68,725.50
Not even in the ballpark

If I went Pella or Andersen I could probably get a lot closer to that shtick amount. :lol:
we had the Andersen guy come in and he quoted me a number PER WINDOW that i thought was exaggerated for all the windows we want done.

scared me off even having another contractor sniff around to give us a quote.

After a looong stretch of hot and humid it is a beautiful breezy 80 degree evening In NC. I’m enjoying sitting outside, listening to music and enjoying everything that makes a Friday great.

There is just one problem , the neighbors dog won’t stop barking. As I’m headed inside for a refill walking 🍻I loudly say 'shut the **** up' to no one in particular.

One small problem my neighbor was taking the trash out. That won’t do much to improve our relations but it's quiet now.

I’m comfortable with that trade off.

Not sure of the exact scenario. I’m assuming their kid is letting them into the building at least as most dorms these days require an ID badge to get in.

I’m sure there are things that can be done eventually, just sucks for an 18 year old out on their own for the first time to have to deal with this. Though also a great early learning situation.

The one other complicating factor is that the dad is a very high powered lawyer. So there’s a little trepidation in how to handle an unhealthy helicopter parent who may have tremendous clout/resources.
Tell the RA you felt weird when he was looking at your junk

If you go to a bar and play Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, or the Day the Miusic Died I freaking hate you.

Hey There Delilah needs to be taken out back and shot. I detest that song and it's still everywhere I go.

Seriously, man. You rang?

Done. Ran the rate my team for my second draft last night and got 3 As, 1 A-, 2 B+, 3 Bs and 1 B-. The B- was awarded to the GM who took Mark Andrews with the 9th pick.

Now I am unable to pull those drafts up in DD. All of this is in the support submission.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll be able to learn there what went wrong on the grades so it doesn't happen next year for you. We had tens of thousands that ran through it and seemed to be working properly so not sure what it was with yours. Apologies again.

I left my house this morning at 5:30. When I got in my car I leaned over to get something and laid in my horn. Not ideal.

I then pre-ordered my food/coffee for pickup at Dunkin only the line was so long and moving so slowly that I had to drive off without it because I was going to be late to a client I really don’t want to be late to. Of course that client ended up being late.

Happy Monday everyone!

I was told on Friday I needed to register for a virtual conference this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. As of now, still haven't received confirmation that management gave them a CC number. If it happens, I'm going to get 16 month's worth of continuing education units, but I wonder if anyone thinks the surgical coder and I are going to do our jobs and pay attention to some of most sonorific presentations in history.

Users who are viewing this thread