What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GoPro Guys (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
So my fisherman son wants a GoPro for Christmas. He's been shooting a ton of video for his website and social accounts but just using his phone. So we wants to step it up a notch.

What are your thoughts on this kit?

I know there are Hero 10's and 11's on the market, but I just can't go that high in price. This kit seems to have everything a guy would need, and that version of the camera should be enough for a 15 year old I would think.

Any help?

Or would it be better just to get him a GoPro 10 for $349 and maybe a nice chest strap and add the other accessories he needs as he learns WHAT he needs?

Unfortunately I can't add any insight but will add a question (or is this a hijack?).

I too am in the market for a GoPro but buying for a drummer. Is there a preferred model for musicians? TIA

Going from phone to that is more than stepping it up a “notch.” I mountain bike with a go pro 8 I got last year and have been more than happy with the results. I can’t imagine he’d be doing that extreme of a video as a fisherman, or age 15.

I own and love this camera. The DJI Osmo Action. Its generally cheaper than a GoPro, has both front and back screens and little tings like being able to access the SD card w/o dismantling everything is a bonus. It fits all the GoPro mounts.

All of DJI's camera gear is top notch. I have a few of their products.

Or would it be better just to get him a GoPro 10 for $349 and maybe a nice chest strap and add the other accessories he needs as he learns WHAT he needs?
That's the route I would go with, seems like that kit has a ton of stuff that he won't use or need. I'd go with the best camera you can and do a chest mount or a head mount setup and then let him figure out what else he may need. Might be cool if you could find a rod mount but that would likely get in the way.

So riddle me this GoPro dudes. I wore one when mountain biking a few times and never had any luck uploading to a YouTube so that it looked like the crisp, clear 4k you see on the GoPro or their app. What's the secret? I see these beautiful videos on YouTube and mine looked like they were taken by a three year old on an iPhone 4. GoPro sits on a shelf now because of it. I gave up on it.

I own and love this camera. The DJI Osmo Action. Its generally cheaper than a GoPro, has both front and back screens and little tings like being able to access the SD card w/o dismantling everything is a bonus. It fits all the GoPro mounts.

I did a search and this was the first post that popped up. I just got an Action 3 that I bought directly from DJI. I did buy a refurbished one as it was about $60 cheaper, but figured I was all good since I was buying it directly from DJI.

Guess I was wrong. It initially powered on and I set it up with no issues. Plugged it into a charger to fully charge the battery and when I grabbed it the next day it is completely dead. Won’t power on with the battery, won’t power on without the battery but plugged in, and won’t power on with a second battery I purchased. And won’t light up to charge when I plug it in.

So I’m sending it back for them to test and hopefully be honest and determine that it is their defect and send me another one.

What sucks is that I leave for Glacier on the 18th and I’m guessing it’s a long shot that I’ll have it back in time. So I likely won’t be able to use it for the near term reason I bought it for. Definitely not starting off on a great foot for me.

I did a search and this was the first post that popped up. I just got an Action 3 that I bought directly from DJI. I did buy a refurbished one as it was about $60 cheaper, but figured I was all good since I was buying it directly from DJI.

Guess I was wrong. It initially powered on and I set it up with no issues. Plugged it into a charger to fully charge the battery and when I grabbed it the next day it is completely dead. Won’t power on with the battery, won’t power on without the battery but plugged in, and won’t power on with a second battery I purchased. And won’t light up to charge when I plug it in.

So I’m sending it back for them to test and hopefully be honest and determine that it is their defect and send me another one.

What sucks is that I leave for Glacier on the 18th and I’m guessing it’s a long shot that I’ll have it back in time. So I likely won’t be able to use it for the near term reason I bought it for. Definitely not starting off on a great foot for me.
sorry to hear that, I've been using mine for close to 2 years and it's still working great. Hope they can get you a new one before your trip

Users who are viewing this thread