What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Football Player??? (3 Viewers)

No Rooney Rule in touch football I guess.
Hmmmmm?

A

J.J. Jones

Willie Thrower

Marlon "The Magican" Briscoe

"Jefferson Street" Joe Gilliam

Akili Smith

Willie Totten

B

"Mini" Mac Herron

Howard Stevens

Nolan "Super Gnat" Smith

Eric "The Flea' Allen

"Squirmin" Sherman Lewis

"Cannonball" Butler

Last edited by a moderator:
Blocking is an attitude thing,  Newton isn't a...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...athlete.
There’s never been a more physically dominant QB in NFL history, he’s a freaking tank. You are certainly dumb if you think Cam couldn’t block s LB who is probably giving up 4 inches and 25 pounds. 

My 8 man football team, yep, they play both ways.

Russell Wilson QB/DB

Deion Sanders WR/DB

Tyreek Hill  WR/DB

Reggie White...both lines

Bruce Smith...both lines

Aaron Donald....both lines

Devin Hester...KR/RB/LB

Keith Lincoln...kicker/LB

There’s never been a more physically dominant QB in NFL history, he’s a freaking tank. You are certainly dumb if you think Cam couldn’t block s LB who is probably giving up 4 inches and 25 pounds. 
Dumb is thinking any QB has the heart/attitude to be a blocker.

Walter Payton was 200-210 and a monster when it came to blocking.  Blocking is all about heart.

My 8 man football team, yep, they play both ways.

Russell Wilson QB/DB

Deion Sanders WR/DB

Tyreek Hill  WR/DB

Reggie White...both lines

Bruce Smith...both lines

Aaron Donald....both lines

Devin Hester...KR/RB/LB

Keith Lincoln...kicker/LB
Cam QB/DE

Moss WR/CB

Rice WR/CB

Steve Hutchinson both lines 

Joe Thomas both lines 

Anthony Munoz both lines 

Bo Jackson RB/KR/LB

Suh K/DL

Bo and Moss are slow...good one. You just told me Bo was the fastest man ever 
Russell Wilson faster than Cam.

All my line is faster than yours.

Tyreek Hil faster than Bo and Moss.

Hester far faster than Rice.

Deion faster than everyone who have.

Keith Lincoln was a guy who did it all,he ran back kicks, was an all AFL fullback who kicked.  Suh??????????

I have the far faster team with is huge in 8 man football.

Russell Wilson faster than Cam.

All my line is faster than yours.

Tyreek Hil faster than Bo and Moss.

Hester far faster than Rice.

Deion faster than everyone who have.

Keith Lincoln was a guy who did it all,he ran back kicks, was an all AFL fullback who kicked.  Suh??????????

I have the far faster team with is huge in 8 man football.
😂

Oh im so scared of your team speed. We are bigger and just as fast so get used to silver 

😂

Oh im so scared of your team speed. We are bigger and just as fast so get used to silver 
No your not.

Tyreek Hill10.19

Deion Sanders  10.26

Devin Hester  10.3something

I have DE;s in White/Bruce.

You  have ...

Jerry Rice who couldn't break 10.50

Randy Moss who couldn't break 10.30

Bo Jackson 10.33

Size means nothing here.

No your not.

Tyreek Hill10.19

Deion Sanders  10.26

Devin Hester  10.3something

I have DE;s in White/Bruce.

You  have ...

Jerry Rice who couldn't break 10.50

Randy Moss who couldn't break 10.30

Bo Jackson 10.33

Size means nothing here.
You have a tiny little baby team lol

Dudley:

6 TD passes, 17 INTs, career 28.1 QBR

FGs? 50% 33 of 66

:bag:

The clone question is interesting. Payton I think had the all around skills for all positions I think. He could block and had the toughness to tackle as well. He could throw and may be the best non QB passer in NFL history. If he cant kick, just go for 2 point conversions every time. Anyone can kick off 30 or 40 yards down field. Good enough. I don't really have an opinion on him as a long snapper though.  

Dudley:

6 TD passes, 17 INTs, career 28.1 QBR

FGs? 50% 33 of 66

:bag:

The clone question is interesting. Payton I think had the all around skills for all positions I think. He could block and had the toughness to tackle as well. He could throw and may be the best non QB passer in NFL history. If he cant kick, just go for 2 point conversions every time. Anyone can kick off 30 or 40 yards down field. Good enough. I don't really have an opinion on him as a long snapper though.  
The Paytons vs The Bo Jacksons, hmmmm?

Dumb is thinking any QB has the heart/attitude to be a blocker.

Walter Payton was 200-210 and a monster when it came to blocking.  Blocking is all about heart.
This may be the dumbest thing you've posted in this entire thread and you've had some doozies.  Anybody that can stand in the pocket and deliver a pinpoint pass knowing that a 300# defensive lineman is bearing down on him has plenty of heart.  Dumb is thinking that in today's NFL that any team, coach, teammate, or fan would want their most irreplaceable player out there throwing blocks.  Your Bullet Bill character did all of these things because his team did not have anybody better to do them.  As a kicker he hit 50% of his FG's which sucks.  His longest was 42 yards and most years his best was in the thirties meaning they were FG's that would be nearly automatic for an average kicker and he's hitting only half of them.  I'm sure if they didn't already have a kicker that there would be people on teams capable of kicking 50% of their field goals in his range if they were given opportunity.  Just stop saying he's a better kicker than any of the other athletes mentioned just because they have never attempted one.  Passing?  Someone else went over that one and just how crappy his numbers were.  You keep going on about how versatile he is then you list a bunch of things he's crappy at and trying to use them in favor for your argument.  The guy was 180 lbs while Tom Brady is 225 lbs, what makes you think he couldn't learn blocking technique and do a better job of it than Bill Dudley.  You can't just assume that because someone hasn't been asked to do something or even has been discouraged from doing something that he couldn't do it.  The fact remains that the players of that era played both ways and did more things because the league wasn't as big then, there wasn't nearly the money involved then as there is now, and people did them out of necessity, not because they were more capable of it than modern players.  You've even pointed out that many of our star players today dominated on both sides of the ball in high school and stood out as athletes at their school and that often applied to QB's as well.  Were you aware that Brady was drafted by the Expos to play baseball as well?  Must be some sort of a crappy athlete to be drafted in two pro sports.  No versatility at all.  Probably couldn't kick a field goal or throw a block.  Yeah right. 

He was 5-10 and 180 pounds, he could barely play any modern football position. If you sent Derwin James or Saquon Barkley back to 1930 they could dominate at any position except maybe kicker or QB.
If they ate the same diet and used the same training regiment as Dudley they would be much smaller than they are now. Back until the early 70's weightlifting was frowned upon. Running backs did hills and many conditioning exercises similar to boxers and track athletes.  These days they do weights and the running of track athletes with supplements plus many take PED's.

This may be the dumbest thing you've posted in this entire thread and you've had some doozies.  Anybody that can stand in the pocket and deliver a pinpoint pass knowing that a 300# defensive lineman is bearing down on him has plenty of heart.  Dumb is thinking that in today's NFL that any team, coach, teammate, or fan would want their most irreplaceable player out there throwing blocks.  Your Bullet Bill character did all of these things because his team did not have anybody better to do them.  As a kicker he hit 50% of his FG's which sucks.  His longest was 42 yards and most years his best was in the thirties meaning they were FG's that would be nearly automatic for an average kicker and he's hitting only half of them.  I'm sure if they didn't already have a kicker that there would be people on teams capable of kicking 50% of their field goals in his range if they were given opportunity.  Just stop saying he's a better kicker than any of the other athletes mentioned just because they have never attempted one.  Passing?  Someone else went over that one and just how crappy his numbers were.  You keep going on about how versatile he is then you list a bunch of things he's crappy at and trying to use them in favor for your argument.  The guy was 180 lbs while Tom Brady is 225 lbs, what makes you think he couldn't learn blocking technique and do a better job of it than Bill Dudley.  You can't just assume that because someone hasn't been asked to do something or even has been discouraged from doing something that he couldn't do it.  The fact remains that the players of that era played both ways and did more things because the league wasn't as big then, there wasn't nearly the money involved then as there is now, and people did them out of necessity, not because they were more capable of it than modern players.  You've even pointed out that many of our star players today dominated on both sides of the ball in high school and stood out as athletes at their school and that often applied to QB's as well.  Were you aware that Brady was drafted by the Expos to play baseball as well?  Must be some sort of a crappy athlete to be drafted in two pro sports.  No versatility at all.  Probably couldn't kick a field goal or throw a block.  Yeah right. 
Brady was a catching prospect,  so he definitely could chip block if he had to.  While he doesn't have the classic MLB catcher's build.  His build resembles Joe Mauer who was probably a notch below a hall of fame player .

The best all around modern player who had a long career is Jim Jensen who was mediocre at everything he did but was good enough to play qb in a pinch, tailback, fullback, tight end and wide receiver.  He was mainly a specials team gunner but played all of these positions in a pinch for the Shula Dolphins in the early 80's to early 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread