What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Green Bay Packers 9-8) at Dallas Cowboys (12-5)** (-7.5 Cowboys, over/under: 50.5 points )4:25 Kickoff (2 Viewers)

I guess we can look forward to hearing about Micah Parsons saying on his podcast this week that the Cowboys are still as good or better than the Packers, just like he did after the 49ers pantsed them back in October. :lmao:
If the game was 6 quarters long, the Cowboys win!!
If the game was 6 quarters long The Packers would have scored 70

Since 2000 the Jets have more playoff wins than the Cowboys and the Jets haven't made the playoffs since 2010.

What do Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovialoa, Jordan Love and CJ Stroud all have in common?

The last time the Cowboys made the Superbowl, none of them were born.
Bring it. I enjoy smack talk from rival fans. Cowboys fans deserve it

Just don’t cry and mash the report button when it comes back around

Since 2000 the Jets have more playoff wins than the Cowboys and the Jets haven't made the playoffs since 2010.

What do Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovialoa, Jordan Love and CJ Stroud all have in common?

There are more bandwagon Cowboys fans than any other sports team out there. They give diehards a bad name. This worm will turn once the QB and HC equation changes.

It’s not like we aren’t used to it - LOL.

Mexican word of the day: Window

I'm a Cowboys fan, but we never window.
Perfect. I’m in Mexico for the week 😘

Unsure how accurate…saw the stat that Green Bay has more postseason wins in AT&T stadium (3) than Dallas does (2)
Dallas has 3 - 2009 vs PHI, 2014 vs DET, 2018 vs SEA

Its obviously a highly technical distinction, but this is making the rounds based on the name of the stadium, which was changed when it took on the AT&T sponsorship in 2013.
If you are using this criterion, the Packers then have 2 victories there as it was still called Cowboys Stadium when the Packers won the Super Bowl there.

Everyone says this is playoff Dak but his playoff stats look pretty similar to his regular season small sample obviously
Correct. Most of his stats are against low level competition and against better competitions, things tighten up fast.
it’s also possible (likely) that the Packers know MM’s schemes well, and are just a really bad matchup for the Cowboys.

If it was Cowboys / Bucs, Cowboys / Eagles, or Cowboys / Lions it may have been a more competitive game.

It’s inexplicable that the DAL D generated zero pressure all game & allowed 5+ yards per play. That late TD to the TE was wild as it appeared he was the only player on the field.

It was a big surprise by both sides that the Cowboys played so poorly/dominated by GB. Greg Olsen talking about how the Cowboys had poor personnel packages, were lined up out of position, etc. We saw Lamb pretty lackadaisical, especially in the first half and Dax and Lamb certainly not on the same page. Dax was atrocious with his passing decisions. The Cowboys looked a couple steps slower than the Packers. It just looked like Dallas across the board were "off" mentally and physically. The most animated Cowboy was Jerry after the game.
ETA: and Love, and the Packers looked excellent!

Last edited:
Everyone says this is playoff Dak but his playoff stats look pretty similar to his regular season small sample obviously
Correct. Most of his stats are against low level competition and against better competitions, things tighten up fast.
it’s also possible (likely) that the Packers know MM’s schemes well, and are just a really bad matchup for the Cowboys.

If it was Cowboys / Bucs, Cowboys / Eagles, or Cowboys / Lions it may have been a more competitive game.

It’s inexplicable that the DAL D generated zero pressure all game & allowed 5+ yards per play. That late TD to the TE was wild as it appeared he was the only player on the field.
He hasn't coached the Packers since 2018.

I tortured myself and watched it again on double speed with lots of pauses and replays. LaFleur's play calling beat Quinn over and over and over and over. Dallas D put up no resistance whatsoever. Love was much better than Dak, but his receivers were wide open time after time. Dak missed a few he shouldn't have but he didn't have the luxury Love had with open targets.

I don't care if Dallas gives this staff another year, cleans house and brings in Belichick, or something else, but Quinn got taken to the woodshed in this one. He had enough talent. He just had no answer to LaFleur's play calling, and give Stenavich some credit too. I am so curious to see how they do vs SF.

Unsure how accurate…saw the stat that Green Bay has more postseason wins in AT&T stadium (3) than Dallas does (2)
Dallas has 3 - 2009 vs PHI, 2014 vs DET, 2018 vs SEA

Its obviously a highly technical distinction, but this is making the rounds based on the name of the stadium, which was changed when it took on the AT&T sponsorship in 2013.
If you are using this criterion, the Packers then have 2 victories there as it was still called Cowboys Stadium when the Packers won the Super Bowl there.
Sure...but more fun to say they have the better record.

Another fun stat...Sean Clifford has more postseason snaps than Justin Fields. :)

How often do we bump this game thread in the off season?
Just asking

-FYI, my son lived in Texas for a good chunk of his teenage years and when Miami folded Sat Night, he immediately started talking up Dallas
The first game my son and I ever attended together was a Dallas-Philly game in Dallas about 6-7 years ago

The first real coming together for my son and I was in Big D, will always be a special place including the Pecan Lodge
Wish Dallas would have made it to the NFC for a SF-DAL showdown but they seem to lack something to get over the hump, not sure what it is exactly.

They were scoring like 40+ many games leading up tot eh end of the season and had crushed a few teams on their schedule, out of gas at the end it seems.

Last edited:
They were scoring like 40+ many games leading up tot eh end of the season and had crushed a few teams on their schedule, out of gas at the end it seems.

They weren't beating anyone good, it was smoke and mirrors. All of their points came in blowouts against the worst teams in the NFL.

These were the 8 worst teams in the NFL this season (ordered by record):

Carolina
Washington
Arizona
New England
LA Chargers
NY Giants
Tennessee
NY Jets

8 of the Cowboys 12 wins came against teams in this list.

I didn't expect them to get completely humiliated like they did last night but Dallas was not some powerhouse that ran out of gas. They came up short against playoff-caliber opponents repeatedly during the season.

Mexican word of the day: Window
I've lived in southern California all my life and I've never, ever heard a Mexican (and yes, there are many here) talk like that.

I've lived in southern California all my life and I've never, ever heard a Mexican (and yes, there are many here) talk like that.

I don't suspect the kind of people who write racist jokes care much about factual accuracy.

The race category of Mexican was eliminated in 1940, but I don't suspect you care much about factual accuracy.

Also, lighten up Francis. It's a joke.

Jokes are usually funny. Good luck to your birds tonight.

I don't suspect the kind of people who write racist jokes care much about factual accuracy.

The race category of Mexican was eliminated in 1940, but I don't suspect you care much about factual accuracy.

Even the best comedians have hecklers. Always someone in the crowd who has their panties in bunch with no sense of humor.

Even the best comedians have hecklers. Always someone in the crowd who has their panties in bunch with no sense of humor.

Even the best comedians tell jokes that don't land sometimes. Don't get too down, you'll get em next time.

Users who are viewing this thread