What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

have you had covid ? (2 Viewers)

have you had covid ?

• yes - had no shots

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • yes - had shots

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • no - had no shots

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • no - had shots

Votes: 95 59.0%

• Total voters
I'd like to see a poll of how many people have proper Zinc, Vit D and Vit C uptake in their diets/lifestyles. No vax here. Have been around Covids regularly since Dec 2019. No positive tests here either, despite taking many dozens of them by now, at least, in the last couple years. Zinc (w/proper ionophores) and D were identified in early 2020 as having plentiful positive effects in protecting against severe illness, but were hardly ever emphasized by the mainstream. Shame.

This study doesn't include vitamin D, but indicates vitamin C and zinc don't offer protection.

Question Do high-dose zinc, high-dose ascorbic acid, and/or a combination of the 2 reduce the duration of symptoms of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)?

Findings In this randomized clinical trial of 214 patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection receiving outpatient care, there was no significant difference in the duration of symptoms among the 4 groups.

Meaning These findings suggest that treatment with zinc, ascorbic acid, or both does not affect SARS-CoV-2 symptoms.

Was the Zinc offered properly, with ionophores? It's not a matter of quantity, but rather, whether or not the gates were opened.

Also, when it is offered makes a big difference. Intracellular Zinc slows viral replication. Not nearly as much benefit once someone is deep into the infection.

I'd like to see a poll of how many people have proper Zinc, Vit D and Vit C uptake in their diets/lifestyles. No vax here. Have been around Covids regularly since Dec 2019. No positive tests here either, despite taking many dozens of them by now, at least, in the last couple years. Zinc (w/proper ionophores) and D were identified in early 2020 as having plentiful positive effects in protecting against severe illness, but were hardly ever emphasized by the mainstream. Shame.

This study doesn't include vitamin D, but indicates vitamin C and zinc don't offer protection.

Question Do high-dose zinc, high-dose ascorbic acid, and/or a combination of the 2 reduce the duration of symptoms of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)?

Findings In this randomized clinical trial of 214 patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection receiving outpatient care, there was no significant difference in the duration of symptoms among the 4 groups.

Meaning These findings suggest that treatment with zinc, ascorbic acid, or both does not affect SARS-CoV-2 symptoms.

Was the Zinc offered properly, with ionophores? It's not a matter of quantity, but rather, whether or not the gates were opened.
You sound like those infomercials pushing dietary supplements.

I'm not even remotely qualified to answer that, but if you have reputable source(s) that indicate zinc with ionophores provides COVID protection, I'd like to read them.

I'm not even remotely qualified to answer that, but if you have reputable source(s) that indicate zinc with ionophores provides COVID protection, I'd like to read them.
Intracellular Zinc has been long known to slow viral replication. This was a known medical phenomenon long before Covid. The key is getting the Zinc inside cells in a timely manner. That's where ionophores and timing come into play for those with generalized Zinc deficiency. The Zinc needs to be inside the cells to actually help.

That is what a lot of vaccines do. Like say...the flu vaccine.
Sure...Im sure some asymptomatic people did not have the vaccine. What we have seen overall during this...is vaccinated typically (statistically) are less likely to develop severe reactions to the virus. And have been better off. That a large majority of those with severe illness with covid and death have been unvaccinated. Do you agree with that?

I'm still skeptical, because covid killed what, 700,000-800,000 of the weakest elderly among us before the vaccines were really wide spread. What we know for sure is that we were lied to on the vaccine stopping covid, that vaccinated people wasn't going to spread covid, that the masks stopped covid etc etc. I'd suggest going back to looking at that long thread, man there was a LOT of rabid people on the vaccine side that literally said non-vaxxed people were the reasons the virus was being spread and we were killing people .... do you remember?

speaking of the flu vaccines ....

That is what a lot of vaccines do. Like say...the flu vaccine.
Sure...Im sure some asymptomatic people did not have the vaccine. What we have seen overall during this...is vaccinated typically (statistically) are less likely to develop severe reactions to the virus. And have been better off. That a large majority of those with severe illness with covid and death have been unvaccinated. Do you agree with that?

I'm still skeptical, because covid killed what, 700,000-800,000 of the weakest elderly among us before the vaccines were really wide spread. What we know for sure is that we were lied to on the vaccine stopping covid, that vaccinated people wasn't going to spread covid, that the masks stopped covid etc etc. I'd suggest going back to looking at that long thread, man there was a LOT of rabid people on the vaccine side that literally said non-vaxxed people were the reasons the virus was being spread and we were killing people .... do you remember?

So you are skeptical of statistics as well.
Seems you refuse to believe anything that goes against your narrative no matter how much proof you see.

Intracellular Zinc has been long known to slow viral replication. This was a known medical phenomenon long before Covid. The key is getting the Zinc inside cells in a timely manner. That's where ionophores and timing come into play for those with generalized Zinc deficiency. The Zinc needs to be inside the cells to actually help.

Trying to educate myself here and ran across this.

Claim: Zinc supplements can protect against COVID-19; Zinc “kills the virus” and zinc ionophores are a “a zinc delivery system” that “allows zinc to go from outside the cell to inside the cell”

Unsupported: A 2010 paper showed that the combination of zinc and a zinc ionophore can lower the replication of coronaviruses in cell cultures. However, since the cell culture results were not confirmed in randomized clinical trials in humans, there is no evidence that this combination is effective against COVID-19 in humans. As for vitamin D, while some studies found an association between low levels of vitamin D and increased risk of catching COVID-19 and/or more serious COVID-19 outcomes, there is no evidence that this association is causal nor that vitamin D supplementation provides any benefit.

Well at least he's proven to his tribe that he is not an idiot.

why would taking the vaccine make him not an idiot ?

he can still get covid just like a non-vax person, he can still transmit it to everyone around him just like a non-vax person ........... if he's elderly it might help him not to get covid really badly but if he's under 50 years old he was very very very unlikely to get covid bad anyway

Seems you refuse to believe anything that goes against your narrative no matter how much proof you see.

I don't have a narrative really

I was skeptical of the shutdown stopping covid - I was right
I was skeptical that covid was transmitted on surfaces - I was right
I was skeptical of the vaccine stopping covid - I was right
I was skeptical that masks would stop covid - I was right

I was wrong thinking covid would be about like H1N1 - the proof exists that it was far far worse, especially for elderly

i have had three shots because im not an idiot take that to the bank brohans

and you can still get covid just like a non-vaxxed person, and you can spread it too, and wearing a mask by yourself in a car doesn't help either .... fyi
Well at least he's proven to his tribe that he is not an idiot.
and youve proven to the world that well you know what take that to the bank brohans

and youve proven to the world that well you know what take that to the bank brohans

what it means is, don't trust the Fed Govt when they say things that are really really likely to NOT be true

but too many people did here .... even to the point of calling un-vaxxed people murderers

its amazing how the Fed Govt / CDC used propaganda and continued bombardment of misinformation on covid to convince people, and even more amazing is, people believed it

I don't have a narrative really

I was skeptical of the shutdown stopping covid - I was right
I was skeptical that covid was transmitted on surfaces - I was right
I was skeptical of the vaccine stopping covid - I was right
I was skeptical that masks would stop covid - I was right

I was wrong thinking covid would be about like H1N1 - the proof exists that it was far far worse, especially for elderly
Because the shutdown was not meant to "stop covid"...but mitigate risk and slow the spread (you know, flatten the curve).
Surfaces...you mean as we learned about the virus they adjust things like that? Once they find out how it acts/spreads? Ok.
The vaccine does what vaccines often do...and you ignore the mutations/strains of the virus.
Masks would stop covid...again, I don't believe they were said they would stop covid vs again mitigate and help slow the spread of the virus.

You seem to be skeptical of things very few people may have been saying (aside from yes Biden talking about the Vaccine...in reference to original strains...and pushing the vaccine).

Yet...you probably weren't skeptical of thinking the Virus would be gone by Easter...that herd immunity was a possibility...and any other number of lies told to you by the side that believes the same narrative you believe in (and yes...I think its clear to everyone you do have a narrative).

Because the shutdown was not meant to "stop covid"...but mitigate risk and slow the spread (you know, flatten the curve).

and it failed, like any sensible person would have expected

Surfaces...you mean as we learned about the virus they adjust things like that? Once they find out how it acts/spreads? Ok.

again, any sensible person wouldn't have believed that .. "they" were wrong in suggesting it, it fed the frenzy which was the goal IMO

The vaccine does what vaccines often do...and you ignore the mutations/strains of the virus.
Masks would stop covid...again, I don't believe they were said they would stop covid vs again mitigate and help slow the spread of the virus.

again, that's not what it was sold as - the CDC and Biden and posters here .... all said vaccine = immune from getting it with rare "breakthrough" exceptions. Now, we know all that was lies, was wrong.

You seem to be skeptical of things very few people may have been saying (aside from yes Biden talking about the Vaccine...in reference to original strains...and pushing the vaccine).

Yet...you probably weren't skeptical of thinking the Virus would be gone by Easter...that herd immunity was a possibility...and any other number of lies told to you by the side that believes the same narrative you believe in (and yes...I think its clear to everyone you do have a narrative).

I was wrong in thinking covid = influenza H1N1 ... absolutely. I don't know what you mean by herd immunity? Yes, I've bought into lies from the left and right both, Democrats and Republican lies etc, too often

I'm just more careful now.

and it failed, like any sensible person would have expected

again, any sensible person wouldn't have believed that .. "they" were wrong in suggesting it, it fed the frenzy which was the goal IMO

again, that's not what it was sold as - the CDC and Biden and posters here .... all said vaccine = immune from getting it with rare "breakthrough" exceptions. Now, we know all that was lies, was wrong.

I was wrong in thinking covid = influenza H1N1 ... absolutely. I don't know what you mean by herd immunity? Yes, I've bought into lies from the left and right both, Democrats and Republican lies etc, too often

I'm just more careful now.
Sure. We should have seem that a certain group of people would not actually follow the mitigation efforts and they would fail.
To claim any sensible person would guess a novel virus could not spread by surfaces? Do you believe no viruses do so?
We know they were wrong…not necessarily lies…you are revising history to fit your narrative. And to keep from admitting the efficacy of the vaccine.

Peter McCullough is a grifter IMO.

We know they were wrong…not necessarily lies…you are revising history to fit your narrative. And to keep from admitting the efficacy of the vaccine.

the brightest leaders/minds/scientists were wrong on all those things? that's not a good feeling is it ? makes a person distrust anything they say don't it ?
C'mon, if they hadn't tested the vaccines to know they wasn't good at stopping contracting the virus, why say it to begin with ?

at any rate, at least we agree science was wrong

the brightest leaders/minds/scientists were wrong on all those things? that's not a good feeling is it ? makes a person distrust anything they say don't it ?
C'mon, if they hadn't tested the vaccines to know they wasn't good at stopping contracting the virus, why say it to begin with ?

at any rate, at least we agree science was wrong
Science is often wrong as they work through new things

That doesn’t equal not trusting anything.

Science is often wrong as they work through new things

That doesn’t equal not trusting anything.

I agree

It means self thinking and being skeptical etc

example - baby powder, talc .... J&J talcum powder, used for decades ... I never thought about it being dangerous did you ?

once the news broke I researched it and low and behold ...

Pure talc on its own is considered safe, but asbestos-contaminated talc has been a public health concern for decades. Talc and asbestos naturally occur near each other in the earth. When mined, raw talc may contain asbestos fibers. Talc is commonly contaminated with amphibole asbestos.

now, knowing that .... would you have put it on your baby in years past? I dang sure wouldn't .... but we were told for decades it was safe. If I'd known the details, I'd have been so skeptical I'd have never used it

would you have ?

If you don't know then why did you type "and it failed, like any sensible person would have expected"

because numbers soared by the tens of millions infected and hundreds of thousands additional dead

now you can try and argue it would have been far worse - but we don't know that. What we DO know, is that preventing the spread by shutdown was a failure, vaccines didn't stop people from getting covid nor did masks (but all three were sold as covid stoppers at one point or the other)

You realize you linked to an article about a study suggesting that more people get the flu vaccines, right?

I'm probably seriously jinxing myself here, but I haven't had even the slightest cold since this all began and I started wearing a mask, got vaccinated, etc. I'm in pretty good shape, but not exactly young or the picture of health, either - going on 50, BMI too high, yada yada.
Wife hasn't been sick at all, either, and I think her BMI probably is technically in the obese category, not one to exercise, and at her recent physical was told she was vitamin D deficient.
So yeah, if vaccination and masks aren't doing anything for us, they aren't hurting either.

no I don't know if the vaccines and shutdowns and distancing (lol) and masks or any of it helped and if it did to what degree

I mean so much information we now know is wrong .... its simply impossible to know
What we DO know, is that preventing the spread by shutdown was a failure, vaccines didn't stop people from getting covid nor did masks (but all three were sold as covid stoppers at one point or the other)
If you don't know if shutdowns helped and if so to what degree, how DO you know that preventing the spread by shutdown was a failure?
If you don't know if vaccines helped and if so to what degree, how DO you know that they didn't stop anyone from getting covid?
If you don't know if masks helped and if so to what degree, how DO you know that they didn't stop anyone from getting covid?

Anecdotal as this is, every single person I personally know who was actually serious and consistent about distancing, vaccination, and mask-wearing avoided getting covid. Some of those people ended up getting covid eventually, but only when they let up on 2 of the 3 and a less dangerous strain wasn't covered as well by the vaccine. How that equates to the three strategies not working is beyond me.

Daughter tested positive on Monday night, is now fully recovered. She missed 4 of her first 5 days of high school (which really sucks). Seems like she's 100% now.
Wife has Covid now....hasn't tested positive but is following the exact same arc of symptoms that daughter had. Identical. Bad headache, mild sore throat, vomiting, more headache, really bad sore throat and congestion. She seems to be just past the worst this evening.

Son seems fine so far. I had a very mild sore throat and cough 3 days ago which has lingered. Tested negative 4 times in 7 days.

We're all triple-vaxxed. I'm 90% sure I had Covid back in late December.

If you don't know if shutdowns helped and if so to what degree, how DO you know that preventing the spread by shutdown was a failure?
If you don't know if vaccines helped and if so to what degree, how DO you know that they didn't stop anyone from getting covid?
If you don't know if masks helped and if so to what degree, how DO you know that they didn't stop anyone from getting covid?

because covid went rampant during and after the shutdowns - and even the CDC and Fauci have said the vaccines don't stop you from getting covid and everyone masked up and covid still spread nationwide fast and hot - I mean we know for a fact those things happened

what you want I think is to believe the measures made a difference and in reality, there is no evidence they did anything of the such

because covid went rampant during and after the shutdowns - and even the CDC and Fauci have said the vaccines don't stop you from getting covid and everyone masked up and covid still spread nationwide fast and hot - I mean we know for a fact those things happened

what you want I think is to believe the measures made a difference and in reality, there is no evidence they did anything of the such
I feel you think/argue in absolutes when it suites you even when I don't feel it's appropriate. I can't tell if you actually hear in absolutes or if you just frame others' statements that way later, because then it's easier to reject the things you don't want to hear and accept the things you do.

"CDC and Fauci have said the vaccines don't stop you from getting covid" I have never seen any statement saying the vaccine doesn't help by offering at least some protection against being infected, especially against the early variants, but even against the more recent ones. Help me find those statements? To be clear, you are presenting this quote as the reason you think know that vaccines didn't stop anyone from getting covid.

"everyone masked up" Uhhh, no. No, everyone most certainly did not.

"measures made a difference and in reality, there is no evidence they did anything of the such" Yes, there's plenty of evidence, much of which has been presented to you in this thread and others. You just don't want to accept the evidence. But it's just easier to claim the absolute of no evidence, isn't it?

I feel you think/argue in absolutes when it suites you even when I don't feel it's appropriate. I can't tell if you actually hear in absolutes or if you just frame others' statements that way later, because then it's easier to reject the things you don't want to hear and accept the things you do.

sometimes that's true - but in this case? it isn't

"CDC and Fauci have said the vaccines don't stop you from getting covid" I have never seen any statement saying the vaccine doesn't help by offering at least some protection against being infected, especially against the early variants, but even against the more recent ones. Help me find those statements? To be clear, you are presenting this quote as the reason you think know that vaccines didn't stop anyone from getting covid.

does wearing a yellow shirt offer some protection against being infected? can you prove it doesn't?

look, vaccines were sold to the American people as stopping covid infection - the vaccines didn't do that. Then it was sold as just keeping you from getting bad sick or die. Maybe they'll change their mind on that too in the next 6 months? We don't know. What we DO know is - they were wrong,100%

"everyone masked up" Uhhh, no. No, everyone most certainly did not.

"measures made a difference and in reality, there is no evidence they did anything of the such" Yes, there's plenty of evidence, much of which has been presented to you in this thread and others. You just don't want to accept the evidence. But it's just easier to claim the absolute of no evidence, isn't it?

If there had been no shutdown, no mask mandates and no forced vaccinations, we'd be the same place we are today. I 100% believe that, I don't think the shutdowns, masks or forced vax's stopped the covid spread of infections one bit

What evidence supports that? The sheer number of infections and deaths after the shutdowns, mask mandates and knowing so many people that have been vaxxed has had covid and the changes away from the whole "oh its a rare breakthrough case". I know your side believes all those thing worked - you have to I think, because admitting they didn't work and you'd lose faith in the Govt

I remember for a while 6' distancing in airports to stop covid spread, then smash people 1' apart on planes 30 minutes later
I remember a fast food cashier handing you a plastic tray, so you could put money in it, then them taking the money, getting changes, handing that back ... to stop covid
I remember deep cleaning and wiping down because the virus was on surfaces

You probably believe all those made a big difference eh ?

sometimes that's true - but in this case? it isn't
What's not true, your insistence on thinking/speaking in absolutes? You literally use "100%" twice later in this post.
does wearing a yellow shirt offer some protection against being infected? can you prove it doesn't?
To make this comparison to the evidence for vaccine efficacy is ridiculous to the point that it almost makes me think this is all an act on your part. But ok, sure. It would be very easy to prove*** wearing a yellow shirt does not offer some protection against being infected. And the way to do that would NOT be to look at all the people who had covid and ask them if they had worn a yellow shirt once in a while in the last year. And yet that is basically the kind of analysis you are doing with vaccines, masks, and distancing.

(BTW, should I gather that your answer to my question about the statements by the CDC and Fauci is just a simple no?)

And please don't try to label me with a "side" and guess my level of faith in the government. First, you'd most likely be wrong. Second, my arguments have nothing to do with that, so it doesn't matter anyway.

***Technically, it would be easy to design a scientific study that does or doesn't support the hypothesis that a yellow shirt offers some protection against being infected by covid. There's no reason to think that any such study would offer support for that hypothesis, but "prove" is generally too absolute a word for legitimate science.

To make this comparison to the evidence for vaccine efficacy is ridiculous to the point that it almost makes me think this is all an act on your part. But ok, sure. It would be very easy to prove*** wearing a yellow shirt does not offer some protection against being infected. And the way to do that would NOT be to look at all the people who had covid and ask them if they had worn a yellow shirt once in a while in the last year. And yet that is basically the kind of analysis you are doing with vaccines, masks, and distancing.

(BTW, should I gather that your answer to my question about the statements by the CDC and Fauci is just a simple no?)

And please don't try to label me with a "side" and guess my level of faith in the government. First, you'd most likely be wrong. Second, my arguments have nothing to do with that, so it doesn't matter anyway.

***Technically, it would be easy to design a scientific study that does or doesn't support the hypothesis that a yellow shirt offers some protection against being infected by covid. There's no reason to think that any such study would offer support for that hypothesis, but "prove" is generally too absolute a word for legitimate science.

the only thing I can tell you is, covid spread like wildfire, infections soared and deaths soared .... I think you want to believe shutdowns/masks/vaccines stopped it from being worse, and we don't know, maybe it did ........ what we absolutely know for a fact, is that it didn't slow covid one bit, infections and deaths soared

statements by CDC and Fauci have changed, another fact I think we can agree on

Research has shown the vaccines do reduce the risk of getting covid. It is not 100% and was never touted to be. They also wear down so you need to keep up with boosters in order to keep up the protection.

As far as the other safeguards put in place, they were done out of an abundance of caution when we didn't know exactly how the virus was spread. It was definitely overkill in hindsight.

Personally I think at this point we should stop worrying about Covid any more than we do with the flu. That could change if the virus mutates into something more serious but for now most people that contract covid get a mild case.

I think you want to believe shutdowns/masks/vaccines stopped it from being worse, and we don't know, maybe it did ........ what we absolutely know for a fact, is that it didn't slow covid one bit, infections and deaths soared
Please explain to me how those two statements don't contradict one another. "We" don't know if it stopped it from being worse yet "we" absolutely know for a fact that it didn't slow covid one bit. I obviously just don't get the distinction you're making.

Please explain to me how those two statements don't contradict one another. "We" don't know if it stopped it from being worse yet "we" absolutely know for a fact that it didn't slow covid one bit. I obviously just don't get the distinction you're making.

I mean we shut the nation down with about what, 35,000-40,000 deaths and enacted all the mass cleansing fiasco and masks and then vaccine mandates/pushes ........ and as we saw hundreds of thousands of more deaths we fully reopened and watches covid spread/infect/kill ............ I mean that's not good evidence of making things better

if I sold you a set of brakes for your car and you went from 35mph to 200mph when using them, and I said 'well, it stopped you from going 300mph didn't it ?? " ....... its kinda like that

I mean we shut the nation down with about what, 35,000-40,000 deaths and enacted all the mass cleansing fiasco and masks and then vaccine mandates/pushes ........ and as we saw hundreds of thousands of more deaths we fully reopened and watches covid spread/infect/kill ............ I mean that's not good evidence of making things better

if I sold you a set of brakes for your car and you went from 35mph to 200mph when using them, and I said 'well, it stopped you from going 300mph didn't it ?? " ....... its kinda like that
That doesn't at all explain why it makes sense to say you don't know if it helped and you absolutely know that it didn't help.
I'm gathering that you mean you don't know if it helped, but you don't think it mattered if it helped because a lot of people got sick and/or died anyway?

I get the feeling that you think that just because the numbers are so large, the difference isn't significant.
But say mph=thousands of deaths. Sure, I'm pissed that the brakes you sold me only saved 100k people instead of all 300k. But I'm not upset that I used the brakes when I didn't have anything better. Why? Because they saved 100k freaking people.

Also...
as it turns out I only pressed on the brakes lightly and only half the time when I started out going down that hill. Why? I don't know, some other guy told me that the brakes probably didn't work, it was uncomfortable to press on the brakes for that much time, I didn't feel like I was going that fast anyway (the speedometer is obviously broken), I'm young & healthy and a good driver so I could handle the speed, etc, etc. But then when the speed did increase, the momentum made it harder and harder to slow down. It was a long steep slope, and the brakes started wearing down, so even pressing on them half the time didn't work as well as it did before. But eventually, the hill got less steep, so I didn't really feel the need to press on the brakes anymore. Can't figure out why I didn't stop... oh yeah, it was still a downward slope and I was barely braking.

You 100% absolutely positively sold me crappy brakes you lying thief!!!

(Hey, I kinda like this analogy you brought up. Thanks for that.)

Last edited:

You 100% absolutely positively sold me crappy brakes you lying thief!!!
Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of $$$$. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

That doesn't at all explain why it makes sense to say you don't know if it helped and you absolutely know that it didn't help.
I'm gathering that you mean you don't know if it helped, but you don't think it mattered if it helped because a lot of people got sick and/or died anyway?

the proof is in the fact that numbers soared .... infected and death

again, you didn't go 300mph so the brakes absolutely was a smashing success !!

Users who are viewing this thread