What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

He went to Jared (1 Viewer)

NONE of those "He went to Jared!" clowns can hold a candle to this

doosh-nozzle. ;)

I keep hoping someone comes in and stabs him in the face with an ice pick.

By far the most annoying one is the British lady with her stupid Open Hearts collection. "My mother always told me, keep your heart open, and love will always find a way in..."

Really? Your mom was

??I'd like to hit that woman in the head with a shovel.

This one pisses me off. The rapid cause (getting a shiny expensive bauble) to effect (lets go have sex) understanding that happens in it echoes the sentiment that 'all women are whores', when it really comes down to it. So as a woman it's kind of insulting. We're all greedy simpletons who like you foremost for the material items you bestow on us ;)

This one pisses me off. The rapid cause (getting a shiny expensive bauble) to effect (lets go have sex) understanding that happens in it echoes the sentiment that 'all women are whores', when it really comes down to it. So as a woman it's kind of insulting. We're all greedy simpletons who like you foremost for the material items you bestow on us ;)
Keep telling yourself that.

By far the most annoying one is the British lady with her stupid Open Hearts collection. "My mother always told me, keep your heart open, and love will always find a way in..."

Really? Your mom was

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing when I heard that the other day."Wait...what? Those are lyrics from Pablo Cruise."

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing when I heard that the other day.

"Wait...what? Those are lyrics from Pablo Cruise."
Forget the lyrics...focus on what is really important.That necklace resembles balls.

facebook agrees
I always thought it looked like a woman's butt, actually two, a smaller one and a bigger one.Maybe it is supposed to represent a threesome?

"Hey honey, you really like that new necklace? Now that you mention it, there's something I've been wanting to ask you..."

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing when I heard that the other day.

"Wait...what? Those are lyrics from Pablo Cruise."
Forget the lyrics...focus on what is really important.That necklace resembles balls.

facebook agrees
I always thought it looked like a woman's butt, actually two, a smaller one and a bigger one.Maybe it is supposed to represent a threesome?

"Hey honey, you really like that new necklace? Now that you mention it, there's something I've been wanting to ask you..."
The small and big butts represent pre-marriage and post-marriage.

Kinda funny people are arguing about which store is worse when a lot of them are really the same company. Signet Jewelers owns:

Kay Jewelers

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry

JB Robinson Jewelers

Marks & Morgan Jewelers

Belden Jewelers

Osterman Jewelers

Shaw's Jewelers

Weisfield Jewelers

LeRoy's Jewelers

Rogers Jewelers

Goodman Jewelers

Friedlander's Jewelers

I didn't read all 6 pages so this may have been mentioned already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda funny people are arguing about which store is worse when a lot of them are really the same company. Signet Jewelers owns:Kay JewelersJared The Galleria Of Jewelry JB Robinson JewelersMarks & Morgan JewelersBelden JewelersOsterman JewelersShaw's JewelersWeisfield JewelersLeRoy's JewelersRogers JewelersGoodman JewelersFriedlander's JewelersI didn't read all 6 pages so this may have been mentioned already.
I'm not sure that you read any of the thread since there seems to be universal agreement that they all suck rather than arguing about which is worse. But cool points to you for enlightening us with diamond trivia that nobody cares about.

Jared or Kay.The Kay commercials are unbelievably douchy, with the romantic plays on words. Especially the one with the deaf woman. I cringe. I make it a point NOT to shop at these places as I get some sort of defeated feeling like the evil ad campaign won.
Another good one. The marketing people for both must be #######. In what other industry do you do everything possible to piss off the people spending the money on your products? I can't think of one.
What about "the hopper"? Different industry, but man oh man, will i never give a dollar for anything associated with that stupid thing

Jared or Kay.The Kay commercials are unbelievably douchy, with the romantic plays on words. Especially the one with the deaf woman. I cringe. I make it a point NOT to shop at these places as I get some sort of defeated feeling like the evil ad campaign won.
Another good one. The marketing people for both must be #######. In what other industry do you do everything possible to piss off the people spending the money on your products? I can't think of one.
What about "the hopper"? Different industry, but man oh man, will i never give a dollar for anything associated with that stupid thing
I always think of the Wire.

"Please return your fiance to her original upright position."

Who thinks of this ####? :lmao:
I despise the commercial where it seems acceptable for women to drag their boyfriends around to go engagement ring browsing even though he hasn't proposed yet. How whipped does a guy have to be to put up with that?

I despise the commercial where it seems acceptable for women to drag their boyfriends around to go engagement ring browsing even though he hasn't proposed yet. How whipped does a guy have to be to put up with that?
Any man who is TOLD what engagment ring to buy might as well hand over his wallet and b##ls and strap on the ball gag because he's gone full-b###h and there's no coming back from that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how come they don't hire Jared from Subway?
As someone named Jared.....

the thought of this makes me want to take a shotgun to my head just so there is one less Jared in the world.

My name is forever ruined for future generations.

Every time I hear "Every kiss begins with Kay" I want to punch someone
not NEARLY as bad as "Thaaaaat's Jared"

at least from a marketing perspective Kay's slogan is memorable and catchy... if i'd come up with that as a marketer, i'd be proud of myself.

We have a place out here called London Gold that runs these commercials non-stop on the radio and TV that ends with this jingle "London Gooooold - it's the best!" It makes me want to hurt kittens.

And what did whatever team of nimrods eliminate before coming up with that? "London Gooooold! We're ok!" "London Goooold! We've seen worse!" "London Goooooold! We sell gold!"

The pitch starts with a goal. They're trying to associate something with their brand, but they have to position their product in a way that the association is obvious and assumed, because people will believe what they infer more than what they're told.In this case, the product is a gift, so there are two markets - the giver and the receiver. The gift receiver, usually female, wants to believe that the gift is something she wants. The gift giver, usually male, wants to believe that his gift will lead to something he wants.

The gift receiver is led to believe that she's no longer in an upright position because she's been swept off her feet. A sympathetic female flight attendant emphasizes the romantic gesture and announces it for the whole plane to hear.

The gift giver is led to believe that she is no longer in an upright decision for a different reason. Why did she go down? Was she fully prone? She doesn't seem to be upset that they're in public, and that the attractive female flight attendant is watching.

So while the commercial is ridiculous, the message is clear - women, you have to wait for a man to give you expensive jewelry to be swept off your feet, and men, giving that jewelry will lead to sex. It's the same pitch that they've been using forever.

one of my cousins through marriage was dating a girl who constantly posted pictures of engagement rings to her Facebook profile to try and put the pressure on. Anyone want to guess how that turned out for her?

Users who are viewing this thread