What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me understand the desire to see Trump fail (4 Viewers)

Here's a historical chart of P/E ratios.  Nothing alarming here (unlike the true bubble of 2008/9).  However, it is true that after such an extended, 10-year run, it's likely that the market will have some sort of correction in the rather near future.
Very true, this is normal for the market though and extending the bull this long with rates increasing has been impressive. A pullback is due for sure though. 

I don`t have much money in the market as I am jut starting out.  Around 75K total.  I am with Fidelity and they are strong on the market.  Then I read things here that make me worried.  Are you guys here saying it is going to crash financial people who really know?  I have been reading this for the last year but I have still made some good returns so I am glad I did not get out.  So get out now?
It's impossible to time the market so make decisions based on your long term investment horizon..........sounds like you are a ways from retirement like I am so I would keep investing but be cautious as this has been the longest bull run in history. I've been still adding to index funds monthly but also putting cash in money markets so I have some cash available to invest when the pullback we are due for comes. When it does pullback don't freak out and sell at the bottom.

For me it's difficult.  I would like him to fail, but not at the expense of the country, which might be the hard part.  Like others have posted - as a person I find him disgusting and hate the fact that he is representing us as our leader.   I guess I feel if HE fails that means that maybe we have learned and can move past having somebody like that in the White House.  

Sho had a thoughtful well articulated (even if you disagree with it) post at the top of page one. 

What do you have?  Nothing. Trolling.  

I’ve been watching closely the last month. The Sho bullying is ridic.  
This is obvious to me too, and I’ve commented on it in the past. It’s incessant from about 5-6 guys and happens with the vast majority of his posts, most of which are generally innocuous. The effect is to muck up threads to the point where you have to scroll through several pages to find readable content again. And all you get is “both sides” nonsense from whatever mod.

They've gone out of their way to give shelter to the worst elements and to normalize Trumpism while the constant piling on by that group of ...people...is ignored. But whatever you do be very very careful how you criticize The Vile One. 

Look at the rhetoric in this thread. More than ever, we want to “own” or “destroy” the so-called other side. We LOL at perfectly reasonable concerns because they come from folks who hold opposing views. I’d write more but Adonis said it better than I could. We should demand better of our leaders.
Yeah, the leader of the country should be more than a self absorbed Twitter troll.  

I'm suffering from embarrassment and dismay that he is the leader of our country, given his lack of intelligence, ability, initiative, maturity, decency, civility, and values.  He has lowered the bar for what was already a poor political climate.  We deserve much more from the presidency. 

I'm suffering with worry about the long-term damage to our environment, our nation's financial health and social fabric, and our relationships with other countries - both friend and foe. 

I'm suffering with anguish over the treatment of minorities, including those affected by DACA (quite a number of whom I know here at my university), and those seeking refuge in our country. 
This.

He is sullying our name worldwide, and doing untold long term damage to our country’s reputation. So much so that I worry about the US Dollar being replaced as the worlds currency at some point in the not too distant future. That will be very bad for us. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don`t have much money in the market as I am jut starting out.  Around 75K total.  I am with Fidelity and they are strong on the market.  Then I read things here that make me worried.  Are you guys here saying it is going to crash financial people who really know?  I have been reading this for the last year but I have still made some good returns so I am glad I did not get out.  So get out now?
In all seriousness if you try and time the market you’ll fall behind and never be able to catch up. I tried it a couple times when I was younger and you’ll never make it all back. It’s like the old saying that a broken clock is right twice a day. Eventually, yes you’ll be right. But if the market rises 40% over a period of time while you wait for the 20% dip, you’ll never be even with the person who rode it out.  Sure, there is a chance you could time it just right the first time. 

Sho had a thoughtful well articulated (even if you disagree with it) post at the top of page one. 

What do you have?  Nothing. Trolling.  

I’ve been watching closely the last month. The Sho bullying is ridic.  
Pointing out falsehoods or asking questions is bullying?  Okay

So the question is why I don't want a pathological lying misogynistic racist bigot sexual predator to succeed? 
No, no, no. The question is how does having a pathological lying misogynistic racist bigot sexual predator as president affect you personally. Because if you're not directly affected, you should just be happy with the record stock market.

Or something. I dunno.

I think it’s a valid question, albeit not directed at the proper audience. 

I don’t think the majority of people on the left “want” Trump to fail - they are simply tired of seeing evidence of it everyday. 

I think the question is best directed towards Trump supporters who legitimately want him to be president. Why do they want him in a position where he is woefully ill equipped to succeed?  Trump supporters are the ones who seemingly want Trump to fail by putting him in a position to fail. 

Some peopel put a low price on their soul. 
How is living your best life for you and your immediate family, selling your soul?

People need to concentrate on what they can fix. We vote for a POTUS every 4 years. You can't do anything about it until the next election. As bad as you may see Trump, the energy spent complaining about him is pointless. Spend the time on something more productive. Otherwise, you're doubling the effects. 

How is living your best life for you and your immediate family, selling your soul?

People need to concentrate on what they can fix. We vote for a POTUS every 4 years. You can't do anything about it until the next election. As bad as you may see Trump, the energy spent complaining about him is pointless. Spend the time on something more productive. Otherwise, you're doubling the effects. 
Great post KC, many in here need to take this to heart. Life is too short for the behavior displayed by many in here.  :goodposting:

Sure, agreed, but venting frustrations has a place.  Hell we still hear about “Obummer” from the pro-T crowd.   

It's been 124 months since the market bottomed out, Trump has been in office for 30.

Obama hit a triple, Trump was inserted as a pinch runner, now he's taking credit for winning the game.
That analogy isn’t very accurate when you give Obama a triple for Bernanke printing record amounts of money and artificially keeping rates at 0% well past when he should have and acting like its apples to apples but hey.....more of the same I guess.  :lmao:

Sure, agreed, but venting frustrations has a place.  Hell we still hear about “Obummer” from the pro-T crowd.   
Venting? Is that what we are calling it? 

Look at this sub forum. How many venting threads do you need? By contrast, the Shark Pool has one venting, crowing, bragging thread. For a fake football board, this seems imbalanced. How many times can you personally say that you don't like Trump? Does saying it 10 times make it any more valid than saying it once? Unless you've made some type of change in your opinion, who cares?

That analogy isn’t very accurate when you give Obama a triple for Bernanke printing record amounts of money and artificially keeping rates at 0% well past when he should have and acting like its apples to apples but hey.....more of the same I guess.  :lmao:
You say this over and over and over again every single time omitting the most important part of all. He inherited the worst financial crisis sense the Great Depression. That’s kinda important. 

Venting? Is that what we are calling it? 

Look at this sub forum. How many venting threads do you need? By contrast, the Shark Pool has one venting, crowing, bragging thread. For a fake football board, this seems imbalanced. How many times can you personally say that you don't like Trump? Does saying it 10 times make it any more valid than saying it once? Unless you've made some type of change in your opinion, who cares?
Who cares about anything you say here.  No one.  No one cares about anything any of us say.  It’s a FF forum, we’re just here to talk and share ideas.  Positive and negative.  Saying it 10 times makes it absolutely no more valid then not saying it at all.  What’s your point?  You’ve made the same point over and over and over again in the gun thread.  What’s your point?  You expecting to change someone’s opinion?   Doesn’t seem to stop you.  It’s no different here.  

Who cares about anything you say here.  No one.  No one cares about anything any of us say.  It’s a FF forum, we’re just here to talk and share ideas.  Positive and negative.  Saying it 10 times makes it absolutely no more valid then not saying it at all.  What’s your point?  You’ve made the same point over and over and over again in the gun thread.  What’s your point?  You expecting to change someone’s opinion?   Doesn’t seem to stop you.  It’s no different here.  
You're trying to change the way the POTUS acts by posting on a message board. I'm trying to raise awareness around drunk driving and alcohol use as it relates to gun violence. In 10 lifetimes, you will see zero results for your efforts. While I only need to effect one person to make a life altering impact. 

As I said above, keep living your best life. It's not doing anyone any good. 

You say this over and over and over again every single time omitting the most important part of all. He inherited the worst financial crisis sense the Great Depression. That’s kinda important. 
Cool so let’s all pretend almost a decade of QE didn’t artificially inflate the market and act like Obuma was a market wiz? The guy couldn’t get out of his own way for 8 years.  :lmao:

I don’t find anything Trump has done as President as embarrassing as the Apology Tour.   :shrug:
Thats pretty sad.  He embraces brutal dictators...that is far more embarrassing.

In fact, I can find something every day that he does that is far more embarrassing than what the right complained about with obama's so called apologies...and just think of the apologies we will have once Trump is gone.

First off I am living my best life, currently I’m poolside with a cocktail in hand watching my 4 yr old splash around and enjoying some conversation on a message board.  Life’s great.  Any frustration or dislike I post in here about Trump has absolutely nothing to do with how I’m living my life.   

Secondly I am under absolutely zero delusion that I’m changing Trump 1 tiny little bit and anyone here who believes they are needs to check themselves into a facility.  I’m merely engaging in some interesting conversation with other people interested in the same topic. 

Cool so let’s all pretend almost a decade of QE didn’t artificially inflate the market and act like Obuma was a market wiz? The guy couldn’t get out of his own way for 8 years.  :lmao:
Yet somehow he staved off the next Great Depression and got the economy rolling for the next person to inherit.  But you guys keep ignoring that and praising your Trump god.  

First off I am living my best life, currently I’m poolside with a cocktail in hand watching my 4 yr old splash around and enjoying some conversation on a message board.  Life’s great.  Any frustration or dislike I post in here about Trump has absolutely nothing to do with how I’m living my life.   

Secondly I am under absolutely zero delusion that I’m changing Trump 1 tiny little bit and anyone here who believes they are needs to check themselves into a facility.  I’m merely engaging in some interesting conversation with other people interested in the same topic. 
I thought it was venting?

So how is your life any different from @Gopher State?  Sitting poolside isn't changing the world (or Trump) any more than being up 20% YTD in the market. Yet, only one person is called out for his comments. I wonder why that is? 

I thought it was venting?

So how is your life any different from @Gopher State?  Sitting poolside isn't changing the world (or Trump) any more than being up 20% YTD in the market. Yet, only one person is called out for his comments. I wonder why that is? 
Venting is a part of conversation, as is agreeing, arguing, praising, lecturing, etc etc etc.  Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that.  

Who said it was different? Nobody is changing anything, including you.  We’re all being called out for our comments.  GoBirds is calling me out for mine here within these last few posts. For the record, that too is called conversation.  It’s what forum is about. 

Venting is a part of conversation, as is agreeing, arguing, praising, lecturing, etc etc etc.  Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that.  

Who said it was different? Nobody is changing anything, including you.  We’re all being called out for our comments.  GoBirds is calling me out for mine here within these last few posts. For the record, that too is called conversation.  It’s what forum is about. 
Good to know. Some here have called it trolling. I'll make sure to point out this post the next time that happens. 

What we are left with is two people (or groups of people) that are living their best lives (we hope). One side is venting against Trump, the other posting in support. Neither can make any changes to what Trump actually does (until the next election). But, it seems like the people that are venting have a much greater hatred for Trump and those that post anything in support of him. You can't even be a Gary Johnson supporter without being a target.  This thread has more than one example of the reasons people hate Trump. It seems to me that those same reasons get carried over to anyone remotely in support of him. Are they all:

So the question is why I don't want a pathological lying misogynistic racist bigot sexual predator to succeed? 

That's not living your best life. 

So I guess I’m doing it wrong, I guess the only way a point can be made is with the rolling emoji.  Should probably start doing that.  Let me try.  

Your partisan view point will never be changed.  :lmao:
:potkettle:

Enjoy your Pina Colada’s. 

I've thought about your comments and find them disheartening. What we can and need to fix is what we do not like/agree with that is happening. Voting every four years doesn't take place in a vacuum. The person that is voted for has a history, present, and future. What that person has laid out, is laying out, and plans to lay out is what needs fixing. If we, as American's, sit idly by, then, by default, we agree with where America is going. If we speak out, we demonstrate what we think is wrong. The energy spent is not pointless. It is, rather, patriotic to speak out. Letting our government know we are displeased with the direction is productive. By not speaking out, it gives our leaders carte blanche to move forward even when we disagree in our minds.

I'm curious and wonder why more Republicans are okay with things that Mitch McConnell is doing. Blocking election security legislation. Giving favors to other countries while not allowing America to shine. Allowing citizens of "his" country to suffer while giving financial favors to others. Trump needs to account to us and only us, first and foremost.

And, I bring up McConnell because if every American followed what you posted, John Stewart would be in his house complaining to his walls. Without Stewart, the recent 9/11 legislation does not happen. It happened because somebody did speak and did help fix it. We, as Americans, need to bring to light more often the direction that is okay to go. What Trump has, is, will do, is not okay by any moral, ethical, American standard. His actions are okay by the authoritarian, dictator, corporation first, standard though and I will never understand why an American would be okay with that. It's deplorable.

Good to know. Some here have called it trolling. I'll make sure to point out this post the next time that happens. 

What we are left with is two people (or groups of people) that are living there best lives (we hope). One side is venting against Trump, the other posting in support. Neither can make any changes to what Trump actually does (until the next election). But, it seems like the people that are venting have a much greater hatred for Trump and those that post anything in support of him. You can't even be a Gary Johnson supporter without being a target.  This thread has more than one example of the reasons people hate Trump. It seems to me that those same reasons get carried over to anyone remotely in support of him. Are they all:

That's not living your best life. 
You don’t see me calling people trolls, in fact I often defend those being called that. 

Theres no question this board is heavily anti T.   But head over to another board and it’s the exact opposite.  That’s the nature of politics today, it’s extremely polarized.  

I disagee with you that someone expressing a view point on here somehow can’t be living their best life out in the “real world”.  

I've thought about your comments and find them disheartening. What we can and need to fix is what we do not like/agree with that is happening. Voting every four years doesn't take place in a vacuum. The person that is voted for has a history, present, and future. What that person has laid out, is laying out, and plans to lay out is what needs fixing. If we, as American's, sit idly by, then, by default, we agree with where America is going. If we speak out, we demonstrate what we think is wrong. The energy spent is not pointless. It is, rather, patriotic to speak out. Letting our government know we are displeased with the direction is productive. By not speaking out, it gives our leaders carte blanche to move forward even when we disagree in our minds.

I'm curious and wonder why more Republicans are okay with things that Mitch McConnell is doing. Blocking election security legislation. Giving favors to other countries while not allowing America to shine. Allowing citizens of "his" country to suffer while giving financial favors to others. Trump needs to account to us and only us, first and foremost.

And, I bring up McConnell because if every American followed what you posted, John Stewart would be in his house complaining to his walls. Without Stewart, the recent 9/11 legislation does not happen. It happened because somebody did speak and did help fix it. We, as Americans, need to bring to light more often the direction that is okay to go. What Trump has, is, will do, is not okay by any moral, ethical, American standard. His actions are okay by the authoritarian, dictator, corporation first, standard though and I will never understand why an American would be okay with that. It's deplorable.
And yet here you are. Posting this on a fake football message board. A board which has been labeled as being left leaning. What do you hope to gain from arguing your point to a majority of people that agree with you? It's a waste of your valuable time. 

:potkettle:

Enjoy your Pina Colada’s. 
Captain and coke.  Thanks I am!

Also for the record I’m not being partisan, you’ll find no posts from me saying Trump deserves no credit for the current economic environment, but I’ll also give credit to Obama for what he did.  I’m not swayed by the D or R next to the persons name.  But good try. 

You don’t see me calling people trolls, in fact I often defend those being called that. 

Theres no question this board is heavily anti T.   But head over to another board and it’s the exact opposite.  That’s the nature of politics today, it’s extremely polarized.  

I disagee with you that someone expressing a view point on here somehow can’t be living their best life out in the “real world”.  

Perhaps take dkp993's advice. You have a much better chance at exacting the change you seek. 

Users who are viewing this thread