What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me understand the desire to see Trump fail (3 Viewers)

And yet here you are. Posting this on a fake football message board. A board which has been labeled as being left leaning. What do you hope to gain from arguing your point to a majority of people that agree with you? It's a waste of your valuable time. 
On the flip side, not saying you are attempting the following, but to suggest to the outspoken to keep quiet or move, you then suppress ideas of that sort.

It's like 98% of scientists confirm climate change is happening yet the 2% cry about not getting equal time on tv. Those 2% do not deserve 50% of the time nor do they deserve the stated platform. In a way, your sentiments are similar to suppressing the vote practiced by Republicans. If someone doesn't agree, prevent them from speaking (voting). It's fascinating to see play out.

I don't have the millions behind me, but this is what happened with Facebook and other "media" in the 2016 election.

Probably a valid point, but man is that pushing a boulder up a hill.  Big boulder and STEEP hill.  
Then I would ask if you're living your best life, or your easiest life? If it's that latter, then why throw stones at @Gopher State for living his easiest life?

On the flip side, not saying you are attempting the following, but to suggest to the outspoken to keep quiet or move, you then suppress ideas of that sort.

It's like 98% of scientists confirm climate change is happening yet the 2% cry about not getting equal time on tv. Those 2% do not deserve 50% of the time nor do they deserve the stated platform. In a way, your sentiments are similar to suppressing the vote practiced by Republicans. If someone doesn't agree, prevent them from speaking (voting). It's fascinating to see play out.

I don't have the millions behind me, but this is what happened with Facebook and other "media" in the 2016 election.
In your scenario above, you're speaking to the two percent, 100% of the time. You're not changing the minds of the 98% here. They're already on your side. 

Then I would ask if you're living your best life, or your easiest life? If it's that latter, then why throw stones at @Gopher State for living his easiest life
Really not sure what your referring too.  We are all just discussing specific points of conversation or policy belief.  Disagreements in this are inevitable, but he (or anyone) certainly has the right to make what ever choices lead him/them to their perceived best life.  

How is living your best life for you and your immediate family, selling your soul?

People need to concentrate on what they can fix. We vote for a POTUS every 4 years. You can't do anything about it until the next election. As bad as you may see Trump, the energy spent complaining about him is pointless. Spend the time on something more productive. Otherwise, you're doubling the effects. 
Doesn't really affect me. Lived a long live. I am worried about my kids. i worry about the policies Trump is putting in place and also the direction this country is going.

i am worried about t he future, which is why we need to do something now.

Really not sure what your referring too.  We are all just discussing specific points of conversation or policy belief.  Disagreements in this are inevitable, but he (or anyone) certainly has the right to make what ever choices lead him/them to their perceived best life.  
I'd also like to add another response to your post of

Probably a valid point, but man is that pushing a boulder up a hill.  Big boulder and STEEP hill.  
Isn't it the Trump supporters that are pushing the big boulder up a steep hill? They have no less conviction for their belief than you do. Yet, they don't take the easy way out by surrounding themselves with like minded people by going to another board to fit in.

I have a Catholic upbringing, but no longer participate. Even if you don't believe, the bible is a pretty strong piece of literature.  Jesus didn't stay in one place and surround himself with believers. He went out to find those that didn't believe, hoping they would see the light. You guys are just shining the light on each other here. Day after day. 

Doesn't really affect me. Lived a long live. I am worried about my kids. i worry about the policies Trump is putting in place and also the direction this country is going.

i am worried about t he future, which is why we need to do something now.
The point still remains, you can't change Trump. Worrying about your kids is the same thing every parent does. I was born in the late 60's, but I imagine a lot of parents were thinking the same thing during that time. 

As to the bolded, what can you do right now? And what is posting negative feelings about Trump on a message board, or social media, really going to accomplish. Trump is a pretty polarizing POTUS. Can you put pressure on Pelosi? Maybe. Not sure where you live. Anyone else that is in favor of impeachment can call their Reps in Washington and try to persuade them to put pressure on her. But in reality, if you don't like Trump, you are stuck until next fall. That's the only time you can do anything on your own. 

Spend time with your kids. I'm sure nobody ever said on their death bed, "I wish I spent more time venting on a fake football message board about how much I hate Trump".

I'd also like to add another response to your post of

Isn't it the Trump supporters that are pushing the big boulder up a steep hill? They have no less conviction for their belief than you do. Yet, they don't take the easy way out by surrounding themselves with like minded people by going to another board to fit in.

I have a Catholic upbringing, but no longer participate. Even if you don't believe, the bible is a pretty strong piece of literature.  Jesus didn't stay in one place and surround himself with believers. He went out to find those that didn't believe, hoping they would see the light. You guys are just shining the light on each other here. Day after day. 
100%.  

I cant and won’t speak for anyone else but myself, but if you look at my post history here in the PSF I almost exclusively interact with the pro-T crowd, or the opposing view like you and Stealthy.  I don’t read most of the other posts with the exemption of a few guys I really am interested in their thoughts (SID, Maurile, Henry, etc).  I’m really here to hear and interact with the Trump crowd because I can’t (won’t is probably more accurate) with my real world circle.  I do this in an attempt to understand, which is admittedly extremely difficult and I fail almost exclusively in doing.  I don’t go over to that other site as I know I can’t change a thing and have no desire too.  If I did, to your point, my efforts would be better served there.  

100%.  

I cant and won’t speak for anyone else but myself, but if you look at my post history here in the PSF I almost exclusively interact with the pro-T crowd, or the opposing view like you and Stealthy.  I don’t read most of the other posts with the exemption of a few guys I really am interested in their thoughts (SID, Maurile, Henry, etc).  I’m really here to hear and interact with the Trump crowd because I can’t (won’t is probably more accurate) with my real world circle.  I do this in an attempt to understand, which is admittedly extremely difficult and I fail almost exclusively in doing.  I don’t go over to that other site as I know I can’t change a thing and have no desire too.  If I did, to your point, my efforts would be better served there.  
At least your honest about it. 

Cheers. 

Lot of reading to digest here.

Here's what I'm getting ....

People are are not so much suffering now ... but are concerned there will be suffering in the future due to Trumps actions.

Debt, Climate change, foreign relations, immigration seem to be the popular issues.

I might be in the minority that the above issues are low on my priority list personally. Build a wall. I don't care enough to complain either way.

Shame on me. Selfish and shallow am I. 

Many saying they want Trump to fail is because he's a jerk and an embarrassment. That is understandable ... but not at the cost of the country suffering. 

That analogy isn’t very accurate when you give Obama a triple for Bernanke printing record amounts of money and artificially keeping rates at 0% well past when he should have and acting like its apples to apples but hey.....more of the same I guess.  :lmao:
Of course you missed the point of you guys giving Trump full credit when he's only been around for 1/4 of it.

But hey....more of the same I guess  :lmao:

People are are not so much suffering now ... but are concerned there will be suffering in the future due to Trumps actions.

Debt, Climate change, foreign relations, immigration seem to be the popular issues.

I might be in the minority that the above issues are low on my priority list personally. Build a wall. I don't care enough to complain either way.

Many saying they want Trump to fail is because he's a jerk and an embarrassment. That is understandable ... but not at the cost of the country suffering. 
The country is already suffering.

A quick search of "OBummer" here reveals posts by:

You, Bucky, Dinsy General, The Commish several times, Orton to Olsen, Sherrif Bart, Sinn Fein, James Daulton, sho nuff, Officer Pete Malloy, and squistion.   A who's who of Pro Trump posters!
Semantics and you know it.  

No one here refers to him as "OBummer" as you claimed.  In fact, it's the exact opposite.  Search for yourself.
Again semantics .  You are full aware of the point that was being made.  To even act as if you didn’t is the very definition of obtuse.    Keep digging that hole though, I’m sure you’ll get out soon enough with some other cleaver attempt to act as if you didn’t understand those very complex 2 sentences I wrote.  

Again semantics .  You are full aware of the point that was being made.  To even act as if you didn’t is the very definition of obtuse.    Keep digging that hole though, I’m sure you’ll get out soon enough with some other cleaver attempt to act as if you didn’t understand those very complex 2 sentences I wrote.  
Or you could speak normally and make your point and stop trying to use words that those you're discussing don't even use.  Then double down and start calling me obtuse and whatever.   It's not my fault you got called out for lying errrrr semantics

A quick search of "OBummer" here reveals posts by:

You, Bucky, Dinsy General, The Commish several times, Orton to Olsen, Sherrif Bart, Sinn Fein, James Daulton, sho nuff, Officer Pete Malloy, and squistion.   A who's who of Pro Trump posters!
Maybe those are all Russian bots. Sent to sow discourse?

How do we really know?

Or you could speak normally and make your point and stop trying to use words that those you're discussing don't even use.  Then double down and start calling me obtuse and whatever.   It's not my fault you got called out for lying errrrr semantics
 Keep digging, you’ll get out I’m sure.  

The country has been on a great track now since about 2009. Look at every chart and it’s progression or regression (depending on which is good for the area you are looking at) has been trending well since then. 

We can have success without this crazy, awful person spewing all this nonsense. 

Majority of his policies are just boilerplate Republican stuff. He just adds the openly ignorant views on science and diversity along with his outright lies. Nice little bonus he throws in is he loves to rile up racists with questionable language then throw his hands up that he’s being wrongfully attacked. 

That everything he complains about is wrong he has done or is doing at usually a much higher clip is also not really appreciated. 

We can have success without this crazy, awful person spewing all this nonsense. 
Exactly. 

Whoah no not for me at all.

This is not history’s first roll of the die. I do not want people to suffer, now or in the future. History’s examples of authoritarianism almost always features advances in material wealth and benefits with that system. The key is asking people to make moral and democratic (small d) decisions despite that. The trading of liberty for security has •••always••• been the offered deal, read your Ben Franklin for that.

I think both sides hope for less suffering. They just differ on how to achieve that.

And yet here you are. Posting this on a fake football message board. A board which has been labeled as being left leaning. What do you hope to gain from arguing your point to a majority of people that agree with you? It's a waste of your valuable time. 
In other words, if you don’t like it, you can leave.

In other words, if you don’t like it, you can leave.
That's a pretty big leap you're making. Why would you need "other words"? Mine were clear. 

There are those here that think they are doing important work by fighting the evil powers of the GOP and this current administration. They are probably doing it at the expense of their real life. Whether you call it venting or not, the time spent complaining about Trump is not really productive. Yet, posters here claim that it is. They're changing the minds of the racists misogynistic heathens that reside on these pages . So, I submit to their ideal and instead point out that they have a humongous advantage in numbers when it comes to right vs left on this board. If they were truly wishing to make an impact, their time could be better spent elsewhere trying to change peoples minds. It's just simple math. I expect that most don't really want to change peoples minds. Or they do, but only in safety of the herd. That way, if they get injured by someone's words, there will be another person to step in and keep up the fight. 

Sorry my words don't fit your narrative. What's next? In other words, I'm saying go back where you came from?  There are places (this board is one of them) where you can say, "If you don't like it, you can leave". Joe has said it numerous times. Try not to let it upset you every time you hear it.  

This thread is silly.  For as long as I've been here we have had critics of the current administration complain while their supporters accuse them of wanting to see America fail.   It would be no different if Jeb Bush or John Kasich had won in 2016.   

Well, maybe a little different:  Trump dials up nastiness like no other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Godsbrother said:
This thread is silly.  For as long as I've been here we have had critics of the current administration complain while their supporters accuse them of wanting to see America fail.   It would be no different if Jeb Bush or John Kasich had won in 2016.   

Well, maybe a little different:  Trump dials up nastiness like no other.
It would extremely different. I guess. I wouldn't be here if Bush or Kasich won so wouldn't know. 

Users who are viewing this thread