What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

House of Cards on Netflix (2 Viewers)

The comical use of spoiler tags here highlights the biggest problem with this show's release model: it seriously hinders any shared discussion of the show. Like on this board or in real life.
wat?
:lmao:It's tough to talk about a show when it's released all at once and we all watch it at a different pace.
This often seems to be the case regardless these days -- for example, people have a few episodes on their DVR that they haven't watched, they're a season behind on Netflix, etc.
Yeah, you're probably right.

I liked the season but the

Peter Russo stuff seemed either too confusing or convenient IMO. I couldnt figure out when they wanted him to succeed and fail and whether it was the plan from the beginning or just worked out that way
Underwood wanted Russo to start out fine but fail after the point when it would be difficult to run another candidate that wasn't already well known in PA and organized (the VP).
Yes, but it should be added that
Underwood did want Russo to survive politically to continue in the House so he could still work as a puppet in his plans. Only his total crash & burn after the interview, and the opportunity presenting itself so well, led Underwood to change plans
But Underwood orchestrated the crash and burn. He set Russo up. I believe there was even talk in episodes before then about getting the VP to run for Governor.

What about Claire looking into having a baby? I thought that was a little odd.Is she going to end up killing off her former employee and adopting the baby? Doesn't the employee have some sort of health problem? Bad cough every-so-often.
As mentioned earlier, Claire is a tough character to get a read on.I'd be totally shocked, and I'd :rolleyes: , if Claire has her former employee killed.I think she is just being portrayed as a strong woman who has experienced great success, but who also feels like she is really missing something in life. She acts as if she has always been 100% behind her husband and their goal to be super successful, but I think she might have slightly different goals in life.I think she will convince Underwood that they should try to have a baby because a kid will help him win votes for President down the road.

The comical use of spoiler tags here highlights the biggest problem with this show's release model: it seriously hinders any shared discussion of the show. Like on this board or in real life.
wat?
:lmao:It's tough to talk about a show when it's released all at once and we all watch it at a different pace.At some point we'll have to dispose of the tags, but since the person who asked the question stated which episode he was on at the time, I don't have much of a problem with continuing further discussion on the point in tags.

I was really digging this show for the first two episodes. I mean poking my fiance and saying this is the best thing EVER. But then they got into the whole teachers' strike thing which was totally ludicrous and would never happen and completely not understanding the point of Frank Underwood's end goal (so much makes no sense: the education bill, the PA governor seat) that I feel like while it may be a good show for entertainment value it's not going to be nearly as awesome as the first few episodes would imply.

wat?
:lmao:It's tough to talk about a show when it's released all at once and we all watch it at a different pace.
This often seems to be the case regardless these days -- for example, people have a few episodes on their DVR that they haven't watched, they're a season behind on Netflix, etc.Speaking of a season behind is archer season 3 on Netflix yet?

I was really digging this show for the first two episodes. I mean poking my fiance and saying this is the best thing EVER. But then they got into the whole teachers' strike thing which was totally ludicrous and would never happen and completely not understanding the point of Frank Underwood's end goal (so much makes no sense: the education bill, the PA governor seat) that I feel like while it may be a good show for entertainment value it's not going to be nearly as awesome as the first few episodes would imply.
Yeah, the teachers' strike stuff is probably the worst part. Stick with it, though. You won't be sorry.

Question about Episode 8: College Reunion

What was the point of the college reunion thing? Just to throw a pointless character curve-ball to suggest Underwood's gay? Really seemed forced and unneeded.

What was the point of the college reunion thing? Just to throw a pointless character curve-ball to suggest Underwood's gay? Really seemed forced and unneeded.
i dont think hes gay. He was just saying how much that guy meant to him as a friend. Either way i agree dumb episode but it gave you some background in his character.

Yeah, the teachers' strike stuff is probably the worst part. Stick with it, though. You won't be sorry.
:goodposting: Just finished S1 last night. Friggin loved the show. Perfect cast, script, concept, and feel throughout.Now I just have to figure out what to do to fill the void until S2.

:goodposting: Just finished S1 last night. Friggin loved the show. Perfect cast, script, concept, and feel throughout.Now I just have to figure out what to do to fill the void until S2.
Have you watched the British version? It is 12 episodes over 3 seasons. Ian Richardson is brilliant as the lead. He is much more ruthless and more sucessful than Kevin Spacey's character

Have you watched the British version? It is 12 episodes over 3 seasons. Ian Richardson is brilliant as the lead. He is much more ruthless and more sucessful than Kevin Spacey's character
Nope. I'm somewhat nonplussed by the production value of the British small and big screen material. I'll take your word for it, though.

i dont think hes gay. He was just saying how much that guy meant to him as a friend. Either way i agree dumb episode but it gave you some background in his character.
He is definitely bi.

What about Claire looking into having a baby? I thought that was a little odd.Is she going to end up killing off her former employee and adopting the baby? Doesn't the employee have some sort of health problem? Bad cough every-so-often.
As mentioned earlier, Claire is a tough character to get a read on.I'd be totally shocked, and I'd :rolleyes: , if Claire has her former employee killed.I think she is just being portrayed as a strong woman who has experienced great success, but who also feels like she is really missing something in life. She acts as if she has always been 100% behind her husband and their goal to be super successful, but I think she might have slightly different goals in life.I think she will convince Underwood that they should try to have a baby because a kid will help him win votes for President down the road.

I think she wants to get preggers so the other lady's lawsuit will hold less water. How can she be anti-family/baby if she has a baby on the way?

And regarding the reunion, yes, he's bi at least. There was way too much touchy/feely/emotional stuff going on there to be just a couple of long lost friends.

I also agree with some of the others that Russo's death kind of sucked, and really moves Underwood from being a ruthless politician to an evil killer. I liked him better the first way.

One would think that Claire would have a digital recorder with her during the visit to Jillian's home.

Made it through half of the first episode. I've never been much into political dramas. Just wasn't for me. Maybe I'll try again some time.

Made it through half of the first episode. I've never been much into political dramas. Just wasn't for me. Maybe I'll try again some time.
i think we can help arrange a primer here for you. start with the 3rd season of "Benson" with Robert Guillaume and report back.

Just ripped off 6 episodes, I'm in. I'd like to finish the rest this weekend and then get into the second season mid-Feb.

Finished the rest the first season, good stuff. Curious to see how long of a period of time the second season will cover. I haven't watched the trailer, but there are a bunch of ways this can go.

I know what I am doing this weekend.

Love this show. Kevin Spacey is an incredible actor. Kate Mara isn't my cup of tea, but she is definitely great in her role.

I'm here for the Kate Mara nude scenes.

Hell, I'll even let her take me to a Giants game. I'm nothing if not flexible.

Only thing I dont like about these Netflix series is its hard to discuss them in a forum setting. Can we agree to some type of posting protocol. Maybe something like:

Thru episode 3:

Through episode 3:

Obviously a big shock with Zoe dying. Didn't see that coming at all. That's going to annoy those in this thread who thought the Russo murder was over-the-top for a show that was supposed to be realistic.

The Lucas deep web thing is stupid.

Interested to see where the Rachel thing goes. My guess is she finds Jesus and wants to confess her sins.

Who was the lady getting a tattoo? She looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who she is.
I'll probably watch a few more episodes tonight.

dgreen said:
Through episode 3:

Obviously a big shock with Zoe dying. Didn't see that coming at all. That's going to annoy those in this thread who thought the Russo murder was over-the-top for a show that was supposed to be realistic.

The Lucas deep web thing is stupid.

Interested to see where the Rachel thing goes. My guess is she finds Jesus and wants to confess her sins.

Who was the lady getting a tattoo? She looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who she is.
I'll probably watch a few more episodes tonight.
She's the speaker candidate Frank is pushing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread