What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How I Met Your Mother (1 Viewer)

Bob Barker = :unsure:and doogie tells the audiance "no, no, no" and nails the correct price.
With most sitcoms when they do a game show episode, the "main character" loses a heart-breaker at the last minute. Because Barney is already really well off and winning didn't mean a much to him in terms of his financial well-being, as it would for most sitcom characters, the writers smartly went another route to make him a dominant player who won. I found that quite refreshing.

Love that Barney knows the first showcase is for suckers and went with the mystery tour of #2, even though he nailed both on the nose.

The only thing they missed was he should have gotten a $10,000 bonus spin try for totalling $1 exactly. But watching him shove that other guy out of the .85 cent spot was great.

Love that Barney knows the first showcase is for suckers and went with the mystery tour of #2, even though he nailed both on the nose.

The only thing they missed was he should have gotten a $10,000 bonus spin try for totalling $1 exactly. But watching him shove that other guy out of the .85 cent spot was great.
That was tivo worthy in itself.bam

if you didnt watch, his mom told him that bob was his dad because she was a sigle mom.

Nicely done dealing with Robin/Ted. No crying to U2, no on again/off again crap that destroyed Cheers. They get to keep the characters, but still keep the show the same.

Nicely done dealing with Robin/Ted. No crying to U2, no on again/off again crap that destroyed Cheers. They get to keep the characters, but still keep the show the same.
I agree. The key thing is that we likely won't be bombarded with mopey Ted next season (aka 1st season Ted) - assuming this gets renewed.

I agree. The key thing is that we likely won't be bombarded with mopey Ted next season (aka 1st season Ted) - assuming this gets renewed.
My power was off last night....can anyone give me a brief synapsis?

Thanks!

Does anyone else think that Robin is just flat out terrible? One of the least funny sitcom actresses from the last few years?

At the same time, I think she's as good looking as she is awful. JUst stunning.

Does anyone else think that Robin is just flat out terrible? One of the least funny sitcom actresses from the last few years? At the same time, I think she's as good looking as she is awful. JUst stunning.
Robin Sparkles was quite funny.

So there is no guarantee it will be back? I thought it was a fairly sucesfull show?

I TIVO'd this program 2 years ago then got a HD receiver downstairs and moved that receiver upstairs to a TV I hardly ever use. Well I never watched the show and forgot about and was hungover on Sunday a month ago and was upstairs and looked to see what was on the TIVO. Found the HIMYM goldmine, watched about all the episodes in one day. I was addicted. Love the slap bet. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth Cheney said:
djcolts said:
the rover said:
So there is no guarantee it will be back? I thought it was a fairly sucesfull show?
It probably will be back, but it didn't get good ratings this season.

Darth Cheney said:
djcolts said:
the rover said:
It's on the fall schedule, slotted for 8:30 Mondays -- behind "The Class". :lmao:Prediction: by mid-season "The Class" will be shelved and the timeslot will be taken over by HIMYM.
"The Class" wasn't a bad show, but definitely not the show that HIMYM is. Simply swapping the slots would probably do the trick if it's "The Class" that's bringing down the ratings, which is where HIMYM is now. I don't pay attention to the ratings, so I'm not sure. I guess we'll find out exactly what the Monday lineup looks like tomorrow when CBS announces their fall lineup.

Last night's episode was hilarious. This is a spectacular cast that has really found their groove together. Funniest show I've watched regularly in quite some time. Barney is a really challenging character. It would be very, very easy for his to be so completely annoying as to ruin the show. Instead, they walk the line with him and it's routinely hilarious....

Is there only one slap left for Marshall?
7 I think...........He had 10 used two in the Robin sparkles episode and one on Barney when he was doing the lame show.
:lmao: He had the choice of 10 on the spot, or 5 at random moments. He chose 5. There are only 3 left. Only 1 of the slaps in the Slap Bet/"Robin Sparkles" episode count toward the 5.

Starting the show off with this was awesome. So was the "awesomness" poster in back of Barney at his office (alluded to in a previous episode). Also a nice touch to put in the umbrella at the beginning...hopefully they'll give us little things like that to work with along the way.Best sitcom to come around in a long, long time. It's a shame that the ratings are so low.As far as the slap bet, Marshall had five, and has used two of them. The first was about 5 minutes after the bet, and the second was at Barney's play mocking Lily.

The countdown is hysterical. That is during sweeps right??

Gotta love the slap bet

Starting the show off with this was awesome. So was the "awesomness" poster in back of Barney at his office (alluded to in a previous episode). Also a nice touch to put in the umbrella at the beginning...hopefully they'll give us little things like that to work with along the way.Best sitcom to come around in a long, long time. It's a shame that the ratings are so low.As far as the slap bet, Marshall had five, and has used two of them. The first was about 5 minutes after the bet, and the second was at Barney's play mocking Lily.
Second best sitcom on TV besides The Office. I took the bait and watched Big Bang Theory which made me appreciate HIMYM even more. Bang just overused the laugh track (or I hope) on the lamest of jokes. It seemed like writers on this show asked themselves "what would be the least creative / innovative way that we could make fun of nerds to appeal to the mainstream public?"

Second best sitcom on TV besides The Office.
Yeah, I don't like The Office, so maybe it's by default.Still, I hope this isn't the final season. Something tells me it is, though.

I missed the beginning. What was the yellow umbrella at the end?

MechEng said:
Keys Myaths said:
I missed the beginning. What was the yellow umbrella at the end?
The opening of the show said to his kids, "You know the short version of how I met your mother. You know, the story about the yellow umbrella? Well, the longer version is..."

Second best sitcom on TV besides The Office. I took the bait and watched Big Bang Theory which made me appreciate HIMYM even more. Bang just overused the laugh track (or I hope) on the lamest of jokes. It seemed like writers on this show asked themselves "what would be the least creative / innovative way that we could make fun of nerds to appeal to the mainstream public?"
I actually found the show very funny...and very well written.But thats just me.Might be that I did watch them on 2 different nights.Plus the chick is hot :goodposting:

Very good tonight. Still the most underrated show on TV.

It's sad the viewership is down--looks like this is the last season.

Users who are viewing this thread