What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much Voter Fraud is Happening (1 Viewer)

Which is worse / which is MORE UNJUST?

• An illegitimate vote being counted

Votes: 73 27.4%
  • A legitimate vote not being counted

Votes: 193 72.6%

• Total voters
Because it just came out?  LIke it literally was posted late last night or late yesterday on a statement on their (Dept. of State) website?  And most sources have just started picking it up?
Oh....ok....I'll wait.
I heard about it yesterday....is the news on a delay?

Or....is it just "Trump positive" news that's on the delay?

You keep us all posted as it rolls out...okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh....ok....I'll wait.
I heard about it yesterday....is the news on a delay?

Or....is it just "Trump positive" news that's on the delay?
Well...even the Trump networks have not reported it...it seems it was only posted so far on a statement on the website vs. any formal announcement.

And its an addition to an existing program that probably didn't get much distribution with you know...everything else going on.

But yeah...complain about the unfairness...Im sure that's it.

Well...even the Trump networks have not reported it...it seems it was only posted so far on a statement on the website vs. any formal announcement.

And its an addition to an existing program that probably didn't get much distribution with you know...everything else going on.

But yeah...complain about the unfairness...Im sure that's it.
Funny....I heard about it..

Had you?

Funny....I heard it.
Umm...ok.

Just pointing out that no major news network of any kind has reported it.  Not Fox, not OANN...not any of the normal right wing sources people like to use.

It shows up on Business Insider India and "Threatpost" as far as the name of the program is concerned.

The reward is now hitting regular business insider, AP...with the State Dept also announcing Russia is still pushing online disinformation.

https://apnews.com/1b849309f54ffba3921fc97b62d0df68

Umm...ok.

Just pointing out that no major news network of any kind has reported it.  Not Fox, not OANN...not any of the normal right wing sources people like to use.

It shows up on Business Insider India and "Threatpost" as far as the name of the program is concerned.

The reward is now hitting regular business insider, AP...with the State Dept also announcing Russia is still pushing online disinformation.

https://apnews.com/1b849309f54ffba3921fc97b62d0df68
No...it hit AP yesterday...buried under the headline: State Dept.: Russia pushes disinformation in online network

If it were Trump picking his nose, it would be headlines today.

As it is...it isn't even a side-bar.

No...it hit AP yesterday...buried under the headline: State Dept.: Russia pushes disinformation in online network

If it were Trump picking his nose, it would be headlines today.

As it is...it isn't even a side-bar.
And updated in the last 4 hours.  So it likely hit late yesterday.

And that was the headline because its what the state department was announcing.  
You want to complain about the media.  And now seem to be claiming even  bias by the AP because of the headline.  

None of the pro republican/pro Trump sources have reported it either...so its not some lefty media thing holding this.  I suspect it will hot most of them today.

And given what the AP reported...the reward is a sidebar at best.

And updated in the last 4 hours.  So it likely hit late yesterday.

And that was the headline because its what the state department was announcing.  
You want to complain about the media.  And now seem to be claiming even  bias by the AP because of the headline.  

None of the pro republican/pro Trump sources have reported it either...so its not some lefty media thing holding this.  I suspect it will hot most of them today.

And given what the AP reported...the reward is a sidebar at best.
good grief....

You do know why they'd put a ring in a bulls nose...don't you?

Maybe spend 10 million on actually doing something to protect our elections. A reward after the fact doesn't do that.
I think it's pretty safe to say, logic and practical solutions have no place in the "voter fraud" threads.  I would appreciate it if you'd stop with that nonsense.

• Thanks
Reactions: rct
Since voter fraud is a crime that would effect many people there should be Draconian consequences for it...if we are going to go to mail-in voting we need to ensure that there is no funny business because it will probably not be overly difficult to do (or at least attempt to do)...the penalties needs to be so harsh that it really isn't worth the risk for anyone doing it (or masterminding it) and if they do they should receive no sympathy...put in harsh penalties like a 10 year no chance of parole sentence as well as feds/local authorities dedicated to this enforcement and I think a lot of people who are leery of it will feel much more comfortable with it.

In Miami-Dade, you can check if your ballot has arrived, either by phone or the internet. I'm not sure about other places. 
There are safeguards in places yes.  And they all should have been developing more since March.

I voted early for the primary here (election today) and will do the same for the general.  Part if it was i didnt trust the challenges when they said they would allow anyone to vote by mail.  And the TN SC overturned that yesterday.  Actually haven’t  yet read whether that affects people for the primary at all.  If so and people who dont then qualify and voted by mail...would they then have to get there today for their vote to count.

I'll be voting in-person. Wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart. Potentially gloves, definitely bringing hand sanitizer.

I'd encourage this for folks under 65 and without serious underlying conditions.

Frankly if you're 65 or over, maybe just consider sitting this one out. Voting by mail is apparently questionable, and you shouldn't be taking unnecessary risks.

In Miami-Dade, you can check if your ballot has arrived, either by phone or the internet. I'm not sure about other places. 
In Colorado they actually notify you by email or text telling you they got your ballot. You also get a link to also check. 
I'll say for the billionth time....if something goes wrong, it will be because of the execution.  There are mounds of evidence that suggest the concept is just fine with proper planning.  These boogeymen being created are comical.

You should be cheering this on,  no?  The statistical analysis comes out in an over whelming way for the GOP when votes are lost or suppressed. 

You guys need to get the talking points in order here. 

Of course this situation they are presenting as a crisis,  is easily solved by dropping your ballot in the secure boxes at polling places. If the above is a concern,  that's the solution. 

For those that prefer reading with some additional links. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vote-by-mail-ballot-counted-election/
One thing that I found frustrating about this news story was that it sort of ended in the middle of the story.  According to the story, 97% of of the first group of ballots were received in a week.  79% of the second group of ballots were received in four days.  But then what?  Did those last ballots trickle in a few days later?  If so, this doesn't really seem like a big deal at all -- as far as I know states only require that ballots be postmarked by election day, not actually received by that day.  

If 3% of mailed-in ballots are really getting routinely lost, I agree that seems like a problem.  But I don't think the linked news report makes clear that's what's going on.  The story is like two weeks old, is there any update on the missing ballots?

It's funny how we trusted and used the USPS to send out a $1200 check to everyone.
yea & my dead sister in law got one in her name delivered to my address because I filed her last year of taxes after she was deceased.  so not a slam on the USPS but a major league slam against government in general.

pathetic really.

I mailed the check back.

• Sad
yea & my dead sister in law got one in her name delivered to my address because I filed her last year of taxes after she was deceased.  so not a slam on the USPS but a major league slam against government in general.

pathetic really.

I mailed the check back.
I’m sorry.   :(

that seems be an issue not with the usps.  The check should not have cut or sent. My condolences.  

• Sad
I’m sorry.   :(

that seems be an issue not with the usps.  The check should not have cut or sent. My condolences.  
Probably the usual with government systems where the data sets don't match or aren’t compatible...because different companies built the different systems and matching one with the  other sucks bad.

• Smile
One thing that I found frustrating about this news story was that it sort of ended in the middle of the story.  According to the story, 97% of of the first group of ballots were received in a week.  79% of the second group of ballots were received in four days.  But then what?  Did those last ballots trickle in a few days later?  If so, this doesn't really seem like a big deal at all -- as far as I know states only require that ballots be postmarked by election day, not actually received by that day.  

If 3% of mailed-in ballots are really getting routinely lost, I agree that seems like a problem.  But I don't think the linked news report makes clear that's what's going on.  The story is like two weeks old, is there any update on the missing ballots?
Wasnt even going to go into "the process" they used,  but appreciate that you did. I had the same reaction. 

Even then, many continued to not care about it...which is the point.  Interesting how some of you change your tune.
Changed tune?

Exactly who was at the helm during the 2016 election?
Did that POTUS offer a $10 million bounty on outing any foreign election meddler? (they spent $25 million trying to invent one)
Who was it that became concerned after they lost the 2016 election?
Who was it who did nothing to combat election fraud during the 2016 election? (actually said that it couldn't happen)

Only one party seems to be concerned about mail in ballots and are saying something.
Will the other party, all of a sudden, become concerned after they lose the election...again?

• Sad
Changed tune?

Exactly who was at the helm during the 2016 election?
Did that POTUS offer a $10 million reward for outing a foreign election meddler?
Who was it that became concerned after they lost the 2016 election?
Who was it who did nothing to combat election fraud during the 2016 election?

Only one party seems to be concerned about mail in ballots and are saying something.
Will the other party, all of a sudden, become concerned after they lose the election...again?
Link

Users who are viewing this thread