What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would you handle kids terrorizing your township/community knowing parents are aware of Kids behavior and won't do anything about it? (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
So I work in a grocery store in my local shopping. So for yrs we've had young kids over the summer bad behavior running through the store, playing on handicap carts, possible stealing etc. However this past year its the worst it's ever been. It's not a small group either. Group of 20-30 kids close to Middle Schoolers to maybe Freshman in HS. They go off in packs of 5-6 with backpacks and bikes. They constantly steal (Local rite aid back in may had condoms and other things stolen) and we've had them steal fireworks, alcohol and other things. Constantly running around the store and lately destroying things on the shelf. A customer who I'm good drinking buddies with told me back in June a group of them were riding in the shopping center in-between the cars who are driving etc. Well they pulled out in front a Senior citizen and taunted her, calling her names, flipping her off etc. My Buddy told me he asked which one it was and went after the kids chasing them away, threatening to call the cops etc. He even checked on the older lady who was shook and got a nice ovation for being a good citizen

They are now uncovering manholes in the area and running roughshot on the community. Someone posted pictures of the kids doing this in our Facebook group community page where I found out the kids behavior is even worse and they are incredible rude and some were shocked when they scolded them for the behavior the language used. The post was taken down as the page doesn't allow pictures of minors without consent on there. 

Anyway I found out that the parents or at least some of them know about their kids behavior and aren't doing a dam thing. Also asked the admin of the page if commissioners were called and if local police involved. He said the police know about it and the cops are looking for them. It's gotten so bad that shoppers in the stores have complained about it and I told my store security, my Store directors and PIC and people who know about them that the people I talked to who talked to the local cops told them to just call them now if the see he kids. Just tell dispatch that we believe we have local kids who they are looking for in our store up to no good and they'll send someone immediately. Some believe they are also responsible for numerous bike thefts that have happened over the past year as well. 

I just don't think enough is being done and we do have a security person who patrols the shopping center but I think we need a patrol or two at least going by the shopping at least once an hr to check up on things. Has anyone else here experienced anything similar with kids in their township? What was done about it? I'm at the point of contacting my ward Commissioner who my family is non to fond of (Non political reasons or of his commissioner job) which I hate contacting. I have a friend who is a commissioner in another ward I can bring this up to and see if anything else can be done as well. 

Two options.

1. Start harassing the cops until they do something. Also record and save all the BS they are doing for evidence. 

2. Hire some some HS aged on the DL to chase down and beat the crap out of the younger kids. 

See some of this going down in my town at the local supermarket and nearby stores. Its always the same group of punks with a clear ringleader.  I usually stay clear.  Those kids scare me.   I don't want to be on their radar.   

Get it on video. Give the video to the cops. When the cops do nothing, then (anonymously) give the video to local TV news channels.

I certainly don’t have any answers, but I don’t see what getting it in the news is going to do. It won’t shame the kids into stopping and could probably just make them feel “famous” and encourage more kids to act that way. The police aren’t going to do much more than they already are. Even if they get some of them sent to juvie, they aren’t going to be in there more than a weekend for this kind of stuff.

And I certainly would think twice about confrontation. Cop friend of mine says the number of guns they are taking from 13-14 year olds is insane.

run one over with your car “accidentally”.

then another and another and a sister and a brother….

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also try the local TV staions.  More publicity would be helpful.

Good Idea but I can't talk to the local news if it involved my work. They'd have to talk to someone at the corporate level. Its a BS PR company type rule where the Company can give your no comment on the situation and act like they care but don't so the publicity defelects off them.  Talking to one of the commissioners now whos a friend of mine. Said to definitely talk to my Ward commissioner and see what he can do. I also have some friends on the force so I could also talk to them and see what's going on too. 

Two options.

1. Start harassing the cops until they do something. Also record and save all the BS they are doing for evidence. 

2. Hire some some HS aged on the DL to chase down and beat the crap out of the younger kids. 

Option 2 aint gonna work. Couldn't trust most of these kids in my area to earn a honest dollar

Option 1 could definitely work to degree though. 

Get it on video. Give the video to the cops. When the cops do nothing, then (anonymously) give the video to local TV news channels.

I'd love to do this but my store director seems less concerned about it then most do. Its more so because he doesn't have to deal with it like we do. We need more customers complaining about them. 

I certainly don’t have any answers, but I don’t see what getting it in the news is going to do. It won’t shame the kids into stopping and could probably just make them feel “famous” and encourage more kids to act that way. The police aren’t going to do much more than they already are. Even if they get some of them sent to juvie, they aren’t going to be in there more than a weekend for this kind of stuff.

And I certainly would think twice about confrontation. Cop friend of mine says the number of guns they are taking from 13-14 year olds is insane.

I'm in a fairly good area where gun violence hasn't happened. We did have a shooting 2 yrs ago when a pot deal went bad and some local "gang" (I use that lightly since they couldn't handle a city one at all) thought the kid was gonna steal pot but wasn't. Ring leader panicked and shot the kid. Star football player too shot all for a plant career ruined. But the kid who shot him was a cousin from a different area. 

Agree not going to the news. Theres a reasons mass shooters also do what they do and some of it is for the fame they receive on TV. I wished TV stations would stop showing the names and faces of the shooters because all that does is enable it more. Maybe it embarrasses the parents but we aren't at the level where local news needs to be called in unless some of the cops are themselves are letting the behavior go do family or friends involved. 

It helps to get the police to do their job.  At least it does here.

Yeah it'd be great. My biggest issue here is we are a town where everyone knows everyone to a degree if you are doing community stuff a lot. Local LEO's are also part of the community either grew up here family or friends and at least 6-8 different families know at least one guy on the force. So I guarantee you at least 6-7 of these kids probably knows one at least one of the cops. 

Also the cops don't get much action so even during a traffic stop 5 cops come and when theft happens about 12 show up. Then you got a bunch who have too much power with a badge and complete #######s thinking they work in the city. So sometimes we got a mix of too serious and then you get the guy who's gonna give these kids a slap on the wrist or help lower charges if pressed most likely. I also have no idea if any of these kids parents are involved in the community like School board or whatever because many of them get special treatment too

I'd love to do this but my store director seems less concerned about it then most do. Its more so because he doesn't have to deal with it like we do. We need more customers complaining about them. 
:shrug:

Upload an anonymous video to YouTube?

In medieval times they would capture one of the ruffians and put his head on a spike as a warning to the rest.

Just sayin’. 

we had a few separate gangs of kids on bikes terrorizing the neighborhoods. They would ride in the middle of the main roads, swerving in and out, almost daring cars to hit them. Cops were useless b/c they needed to capture them in the act. 

One day they circled a Crossfit gym that a friend of mine owns and tried riding through their outside workout..stupid move. The owner confronted them and one got off his bike and tried to fight him....I mean it was laughable b/c the kid was 80lbs and my friend is jacked. He could have snapped him in 1/2. A small scuffle happened, a bike saeat was thrown and the kids just hung around acting like tough guys until the cops showed up. 

finally the kids dispersed but they got the video to the news channels and it blew up and a few of the kids got arrested. Have not seen them since. 

Video at the bottom, caution language.

glvsav37 said:
we had a few separate gangs of kids on bikes terrorizing the neighborhoods. They would ride in the middle of the main roads, swerving in and out, almost daring cars to hit them. Cops were useless b/c they needed to capture them in the act. 

One day they circled a Crossfit gym that a friend of mine owns and tried riding through their outside workout..stupid move. The owner confronted them and one got off his bike and tried to fight him....I mean it was laughable b/c the kid was 80lbs and my friend is jacked. He could have snapped him in 1/2. A small scuffle happened, a bike saeat was thrown and the kids just hung around acting like tough guys until the cops showed up. 

finally the kids dispersed but they got the video to the news channels and it blew up and a few of the kids got arrested. Have not seen them since. 

Video at the bottom, caution language.
What in the world?  :shock:    What's up with the half on/off shirts?

Users who are viewing this thread