What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Luck is declared out vs JAX, will you sit all Colts from your fanta (1 Viewer)

What no faith is Hasslecrone? I would probably sit Moncrief for Golden Tate in a revenge game much to my chagrin.

Any FBG's have any historical tendencies of Matt Hasslebeck? Like does he like to check down to his TE's? I'm trying to imagine his primary read behind that jailbreak offensive line.

Gore would probably still be fine. But as for Hilton, Moncrief, Johnson, Fleener/Allen, I think you'd have to downgrade them significantly.

Any FBG's have any historical tendencies of Matt Hasslebeck? Like does he like to check down to his TE's? I'm trying to imagine his primary read behind that jailbreak offensive line.
I have that data on my Tandy 2000 computer. Seriously though, I think Hasselback's tendencies from Seattle or even Tenn are irrelevant to him as a QB now. I wouldn't expect much yardage and I would think that MH will only make shorter throws.

Raiderfan32904 said:
Not sure film was invented the last time Hasselbeck played. He needs to shake off the rust, dirt, rigamortis, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiderfan32904 said:
Honestly it likely wouldn't be very relevant. The last time he played he wasn't 40 years and was playing with a different team in a different system - other than some garbage time since he's been with the Colts.

I'd still start Gore since they'll likely lean on the run more, but I can't see Hasselbeck having much success passing the ball so if I had legit options I'd look elsewhere.

I don't know. I think MH means the defense can drop another guy into the box (last week the offense was Luck and this week its Gore) and so Gore will have a far tougher time. More carries, less per carry and less scoring, even against Jax. I'm staying away.

shady inc said:
moncrief is un-startable IMO without luck.
I don't know about this. I'm benching him for Allen Robinson if Luck is out, but if my next best option is Ted Ginn or Travis Benjamin, I'm playing Moncrief.

This will however settle my debate between Dorsett or Crowell in another league.

Hasselbeck, when he was with the hawks, was a game manager with a decent arm. Kind of like an Alex Smith who can throw a better deep ball. That was years ago now, so who knows what's left in the tank. I still think he would be a sneaky Fanduel play.

Is Luck sitting looking like a real possibility? I wasn't paying much attention to this as a Luck owner because I thought it was mostly just precautionary. It's Friday, did he practice today?

Is Luck sitting looking like a real possibility? I wasn't paying much attention to this as a Luck owner because I thought it was mostly just precautionary. It's Friday, did he practice today?
Based on all reports Ive read or heard, he didnt practice today. Pagano says he's been "limited" all week.

they signed a 3rd qb... so that typically shows they are not confident Luck will be available despite pagano telling the press what he said.

the bears D made hassellbeck look like crap in the pre-season, so i'm very concerned about starting moncrief this week if no Luck.... like start CJ Anderson over moncrief concerned :)

Gore is the interesting factor here, I would think more looks but less TD opportunities.

His value should be about the same with a chance of increased PPR points getting more check down receptions with Luck out.

Bump Gore up just based on volume and check downs, bump all the receivers down a little except for Hilton I would bump him down a lot. I haven't seen Hasselback play in ages, but I have a hard time believing he could throw a 40 or 50 yard bomb to Hilton.

Why would anyone sit Gore in this scenario? If anything, his touches would likely go up.
I see everyone as a downgrade, less opportunities. Sitting Gore for Gordon on FanDuel because of the news.

Contrarian play perhaps...he will be less owned and Gore could be the saving grace...

On the flip-side, what do you now think of TJ Yeldon against the IND Defense?

Game should be a lot closer and the guy gets volume?

Hass, Gore, AJ... those guys are studs and won me a championship!

in 2006. when Calvin Johnson was in college, Julio Jones in high school.

Bump Gore up just based on volume and check downs, bump all the receivers down a little except for Hilton I would bump him down a lot. I haven't seen Hasselback play in ages, but I have a hard time believing he could throw a 40 or 50 yard bomb to Hilton.
Trying to go through Hasselbeck's passes on gamepass, but it keeps freezing when I try to go to the second page.

Anyway, of the first 20 plays that come up (last 20 of pre-season), all but 2 are short passes. However, the 2 deep balls looked good enough that I would think that they will try it.

Hass is more than adequate to keep a good wr like Hilton engaged and productive. I am sticking with him Hilton today. :thumbup:

I feel like if you have an even somewhat replacement value option vs. Hilton/Moncrief at WR, you're not rolling on the hopes that Hasselbeck doesn't hold the Indy WR's back. I saw Brown mentioned, he's a great example of someone in the neighborhood of these two. I'm personally sitting the Indy WR's this week for any somewhat close option elsewhere, can't confidently predict similar production with limited practice time with Hasselbeck this week.

I'm debating picking Hasselbeck up for a spot start, got Big Ben hurt and Mariota on a bye. Think he might do alright
Now that would be a sneaky start. But I could see why you would be tempted. Did someone already roster Carr? I tried to get Carr this week and lost out on him on blind bid waivers at start of this week. He has a good match up against the Bears today. If he is not available, you just might have a good idea there with starting Hass.

I have that data on my Tandy 2000 computer
:D Awesome machine.

Gore's touches will go up today and he has been running well. Hilton takes a big hit, but think Moncrief will do well on short passes over the middle. Have a feeling that Hasslebeck won't suck.

I'm debating picking Hasselbeck up for a spot start, got Big Ben hurt and Mariota on a bye. Think he might do alright
The limited 1st team reps makes me nervous, not that the Jags D is the 85 Bears or anything but it's just the unknown. My angle is any somewhat close option at Colts skill positions, I'm avoiding if I can. If your WW is picked clean at QB with the recent injuries and bye, it is the Jags after all.

The limited 1st team reps makes me nervous, not that the Jags D is the 85 Bears or anything but it's just the unknown. My angle is any somewhat close option at Colts skill positions, I'm avoiding if I can. If your WW is picked clean at QB with the recent injuries and bye, it is the Jags after all.
Yeah sorry to hijack the thread but it's a 14 teamer with big rosters... Cutler is out there but the risk of reinjury is scary, and the Bears don't exactly inspire good vibes. Jeffrey being out pushed me to going with Weeden instead, but the late news has me wondering about Hass' prospects. He's certainly old but is plenty experienced, is at home ,and has good weapons. I think he might play a real nice, smart, efficient game. Really curious about what smarter people think about him lol....not trying to WDIS just discuss Hass in particular

I'm on the fence with Gore but probably have to start him.

Luck is the only thing that keeps this team from being a complete laughingstock. Without him in there I could see this being a trainwreck, like 3 first downs and 100 yards of total offense. But they're playing the Jags. Maybe they can get 4 first downs. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread